PDA

View Full Version : If Adrian Peterson is available at #9?

KippyIA1354
04-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I definately think you have to grab him!! He is going to be a special player in this league! I know RB is not a key need area for the Phins but he'll definately be the best player available at that spot.I know there is a possibility of Ricky coming back and I love Ricky but Peterson is the best RB prospect since LaDanian Tomlinson and has been a stud since he suited up for the Sooners as true freshman! He's a gamebreaking running back. Secondly,I wouldn't want to see him in a Bills uniform at pick 12!!That would simply be steal for them at that pick and would ruin my draft party!:confused:

TheBeast99
04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
AP wont make it past 3 or 4! Besides why would we take a RB in the 1st when we have so many other needs besides we have RB and we getting RW back.

REAL DEAL
04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
If he was still there then you trade him, and move down. There are teams at the bottom of the draft that would pay big time for him.

dahlmarino
04-07-2007, 05:46 PM
If he's still there, we bleed Green Bay as dry as we can for the rights to him. Easy as that.

MexDolfan
04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
If both AP and BQ are available, Who would you prefer to pick?

s3an8
04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Ad

23EmilioVasquez
04-07-2007, 06:03 PM
we still have Ronnie Brown right

DonShula84
04-07-2007, 06:07 PM
If both AP and BQ are available, Who would you prefer to pick?

It isnt even close. Use another top pick on a RB or finally get a potential franchise QB, jee let me think.

utahphinsfan
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
If he's still there, we bleed Green Bay as dry as we can for the rights to him. Easy as that.

Whats to stop the Pack from taking M. Lynch & leaving the phins high & dry. I am not all that impressed by AP.

If Miami goes w/ that scenario; Mueller IMO should take Okoye for a possible trade w/ the Rams, Carolina, or even Pittsburgh.

Dphins
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
If he is the highest rated player on the board you take him. I don't care how many good rb's we have. If the dolphins believe he will be great and another person we would draft at a need position would be good I would take the great player. You can always turn a great player into draftpicks or just utilize him.

Pocoloco
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
If he was still there then you trade him, and move down. There are teams at the bottom of the draft that would pay big time for him.

exactly

Ikema
04-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I say you have to grab him. Our formal glory came from an era with a 3 head monster at RB (Czonca, Kiick,and Morris). I imagine this is all wishful thinking though, but draft day definitly dictates not only who you pick but what direction the two days may go. All the speculation is fun, but only... well speculation.

Elliott 1
04-07-2007, 06:22 PM
If we can trade down, of course we do that. That is what we want to do no matter who slides to our slot.

But if there is no partner we definitely take him. He is the closest thing to the next Eric Dickerson there has been in years. A much better prospect than Ronnie Brown ever was.

And Ricky should be traded before the draft so the need for another back is real.

KippyIA1354
04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
we still have Ronnie Brown right
I guarantee AP is a major upgrade over dancing Ronnie Brown!

CC Coach
04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Peterson will be better than Brown.
He is quicker to the hole, and has the explosiveness to break long runs.
Brown is good but lacks the burst and speed that AP has.
You draft Peterson and trade Brown to GB or Buffalo.

Kdawg954
04-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I guarantee AP is a major upgrade over dancing Ronnie Brown!

Yea he is a better RB than Ronnie . . . I completely agree . . . but realize that he has been injured the last 2 seasons at Oklahoma . . . and I much rather address more pressing needs than try to fix something that is not broken w/ a player that has a tendency to be broken/injured. Yea he could be special . . . BArry Sanders special . . . but what good is that if he stays hurt. There is a reason why teams will pass on him.

resnor
04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
NEVER trade Brown to Buffalo, or any other East Division team.

MustangFinFan
04-07-2007, 06:51 PM
ok so apparently some of you think Ronnie Brown was traded to the Jets. Let me clarify to you all in a news article written by Stop Being an Idiot Times.

Stop Being An Idiot Times
Saturday, April 7th, 2007

RONNIE STAYS WITH DOLPHINS

Miami Dolphins runningback, Ronnie Brown, is still a Miami Dolphin. Rumors said he was leaving or being traded, but he has opted to stay with the Miami Dolphins, hence the Dolphins have no need to draft a runningback with their first overall pick, when they used their 1st pick on a runningback 2 years ago. Ronnie Brown will be the franchise runningback for Miami, so unless your some fruitbag, you'd know drafting an RB with the Dolphins 1st round pick...would be an insanely stupid thing to do.

Written by Your Mama

Jaj
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Well the only scenario you go for Peterson is if Buffalo negotiates a deal for Turner and you trade down to 15 to the Steelers, to facilitate their drafting Levi Brown.

At 15 you basically try to get as much as you can from the Packers, the Titans, the Giants, or heck if your so desperate there might be a team in the early second round like the Browns who'd show interest (their 2nd this year and 1st next year would sure as heck interest me).

Crazy thought 2nd+something next year+Winslow Jr. for Adrian Peterson to the Browns. Ya I'm just messing around guys, I'm not delusional...

dolphin23
04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
ok so apparently some of you think Ronnie Brown was traded to the Jets. Let me clarify to you all in a news article written by Stop Being an Idiot Times.

Stop Being An Idiot Times
Saturday, April 7th, 2007

RONNIE STAYS WITH DOLPHINS

Miami Dolphins runningback, Ronnie Brown, is still a Miami Dolphin. Rumors said he was leaving or being traded, but he has opted to stay with the Miami Dolphins, hence the Dolphins have no need to draft a runningback with their first overall pick, when they used their 1st pick on a runningback 2 years ago. Ronnie Brown will be the franchise runningback for Miami, so unless your some fruitbag, you'd know drafting an RB with the Dolphins 1st round pick...would be an insanely stupid thing to do.

Written by Your Mama

:sidelol: man you had me busting up!
ok, just like one of the earlier poster said, if he is for some ungodly reason still available at #9 we have to think long and hard about this. Now Im not saying to draft him so we could drop ronnie like a bad habit. But to draft him and milk a couple of teams for some extra draft picks. Now Im only thinking this because
1. Quinn is gone
2. Laron Landry gone
3. Pat Wilis gone
4. Adams gone
IMO any other aside from what I mentioned is a reach, yes and that includes Levi Brown.
Now the Bills, Packers, Titans and the Giants are all in need of a franchise back. If Mueller can land us some extra picks why not? This would benefit the dolphins big time since we need so many players and we need to get younger as well.

Blackocrates
04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't be upset one bit if we drafted Adrian Peterson, even if we couldn't trade down. I know we have much more pressing needs, but he's a gem that you can't pass up.

MustangFinFan
04-07-2007, 07:32 PM
we may be able to land extra picks...but we LOSE one pick, the #9 overall. i dont think anyone is gonna give us so many early picks for AP. theyd give us the same for our #9

Jaj
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
:sidelol: man you had me busting up!
ok, just like one of the earlier poster said, if he is for some ungodly reason still available at #9 we have to think long and hard about this. Now Im not saying to draft him so we could drop ronnie like a bad habit. But to draft him and milk a couple of teams for some extra draft picks. Now Im only thinking this because
1. Quinn is gone
2. Laron Landry gone
3. Pat Wilis gone
4. Adams gone
IMO any other aside from what I mentioned is a reach, yes and that includes Levi Brown.
Now the Bills, Packers, Titans and the Giants are all in need of a franchise back. If Mueller can land us some extra picks why not? This would benefit the dolphins big time since we need so many players and we need to get younger as well.

By the way as far as the Browns being interested in Adrian Peterson that was no joke, I do not know how the deal would be done but they would certainly show interest in trading for him. So along with that early 2nd rounder somehow the Browns have to find a way to make up 810 points of value. Even with their third rounder they're about 500+ points away. Now I'm not sure what they could add that would complete the deal but there would be no greater coup for the Browns then landing both their future QB and a gem of a RB, as for the Dolphins whatever the Browns give will rebuild the team effectively.

zonk4ever
04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I love Ronnie but Adrian is a rare talent. Ronnie is a physical beast playing running back. Adrian is pure running back. Sort of like the comparison made between Ronnie & Cadillac. But if AP is there @ 9, you'd think some team would be willing to give us a stupid deal and we need bodies. So far Cam and Randy have done an outstanding job getting rid of guys but as far as picking up guys...

jlfin
04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
AP wont make it past 3 or 4! Besides why would we take a RB in the 1st when we have so many other needs besides we have RB and we getting RW back.

I'll tell you why. Every player is a poker chip. At the #9 position he would be the most valuable poker chip (BY FAR) available.
There are plenty of teams (Bills, Packers, Giants) that would love to have him and might be willing to pay a premium to get him.
Do you not understand draft day gamesmanship?
At the very least we keep him and trade Brown to a team like the Giants for their 1st and 2nd and we accumulate more picks.

jlfin
04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Yea he is a better RB than Ronnie . . . I completely agree . . . but realize that he has been injured the last 2 seasons at Oklahoma . . . and I much rather address more pressing needs than try to fix something that is not broken w/ a player that has a tendency to be broken/injured. Yea he could be special . . . BArry Sanders special . . . but what good is that if he stays hurt. There is a reason why teams will pass on him.

Aside from the collarbone all have been minor. Ronnie Brown seems to get nicked up a lot too. Hamstring last season, broken hand this season.
AP will not be overused like he was at Oklahoma. The Phins under Cam will try to be more balanced.

Kdawg954
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Aside from the collarbone all have been minor. Ronnie Brown seems to get nicked up a lot too. Hamstring last season, broken hand this season.
AP will not be overused like he was at Oklahoma. The Phins under Cam will try to be more balanced.

Understood . . . and best believe that if we needed RB help . . . we should jump on him . . . but we have Ronnie and most likely Ricky back this season . . . I mean its not a problem area . . . and tho he would be BPA . . I don't think he goes to us.

Kdawg954
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Really if I was Atlanta I would get AP and try to get Merriweather in Round 2. They are my darkhorse AP candidates . . . tho if Landry and AP are there . . . man I know they like Laron.

footballer
04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
why? grab him? ronnie is enough. plus we get rick-*y back.
we have needs man.
and running back isnt one of them.
sorry.

PJack
04-07-2007, 09:13 PM
we have needs man.
sorry.

That's exactly why we entertain taking him. Like someone said above he, along with possibly Willis, would have 3-4 teams trying very hard to give us a package to get that player. Great bargaining chips. If no one gives up value, we take him and entertain offers for RB, AP, and maybe even Ricky (likely not worth much) after the fact. Worst case scenario is that we keep the second best offensive player in this year's draft and then entertain offers for next year. I don't see any backs at AP's level in next years' draft.....although you never know whom might break out.

Geforce
04-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Here's an article from AdrianPetersonOnline.
http://www.adrianpetersononline.com/news-20061107.php

Adrian Peterson (http://www.adrianpetersononline.com/) has had three major injuries since he arrived in Norman:
• A "loose" shoulder, an injury that initially occurred in high school and was tightened up with surgery after his freshman season.
• A high ankle sprain that caused him to miss all or part of four games last season.
• A broken left collarbone suffered Oct. 14 against Iowa State that will cause him to miss 4-6 weeks, perhaps more

Elliott 1
04-08-2007, 08:19 AM
we have needs man.
sorry.

Even if Ricky returns we still need another RB. We have learned from the past that Ricky cannot in any way be counted on for anything at any time!!!!!!!!

Going into the season with Ricky and Ronnie is like going in with Ronnie alone.
Ricky may be there but you have to ignore his place on the depth chart.

Kdawg954
04-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Even if Ricky returns we still need another RB. We have learned from the past that Ricky cannot in any way be counted on for anything at any time!!!!!!!!

Going into the season with Ricky and Ronnie is like going in with Ronnie alone.
Ricky may be there but you have to ignore his place on the depth chart.

Actually I think RB depth isn't as crucial as some may feel because Cam loves using a FB . . . meaning both Sledge and Eckel can make the team. That means it would be Ronnie and Ricky . . . and possibly a change of pace back like Cobbs (who we already have) . . . we are fine at RB. Yea if Ricky cant be depended on . . . I'm sure we will bring in a vet RB . . . but Ronnie is the horse anyways . . . if Ricky gets reinstated . . . we are set at RB for 2007. I mean u can't grab Adrian Peterson because u think Ronnie may go down and Ricky acts up . . . I mean thats too pessimistic for my taste.

Caliphinfan23
04-08-2007, 09:43 AM
How people can bash Ronnie Brown, to me, is crazy. If he got the ball 330 times a year, like most backs, his numbers would be amazing.

But aside from that he is like a bowling ball. He runs hard and straight through guys. I think if Cam uses Ronnie like, and as much as, LT we will see a whole new level of production.

And as far as AP goes he will be great in this league but do we really need RB AP, and RW in the backfield with no OL, DTs, or DBs? Keep in mind that you will not get value for either Ricky or Ronnie in a trade.

KippyIA1354
04-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree but let's not forget that AP can be a physical runner now, I have seen him run a few db's over!!!

JFoxx
04-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I think there's a high probability that either someone we really want or someone other teams REALLY want (i.e. AP) will be there at #9. IF (and that's a big if) AP falls to #9, I think we will be on the phone with a bunch of teams seeing who has the best offer and taking it. IF nobody is willing to trade to get him and there's not another elite level player sitting there . . . . . I'd be very tempted to take him, kind of like N.O. did last year. There's just certain players you shouldn't pass on to take a "need" spot, if the need spot isn't the same elite level of player. I don't see it playing out that way, as I see the potential for 2-3 pretty good players sitting there at the #9 spot.

randy9
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
While it's true we have Ronnie Brown and will probably have Ricky back I think if he's there and Quinn isn't ya have to grab him. He'd add a dimension we're lacking in that he's elusively quick, can you imagine pounding R&R at a defense and then bringing A.P. in?
Kinda reminds me of Kick, Csonka, & Morris in 72.
And yes I know we have other needs but when tallent out weighs those needs you need to pick it.

Kdawg954
04-08-2007, 11:39 AM
While it's true we have Ronnie Brown and will probably have Ricky back I think if he's there and Quinn isn't ya have to grab him. He'd add a dimension we're lacking in that he's elusively quick, can you imagine pounding R&R at a defense and then bringing A.P. in?
Kinda reminds me of Kick, Csonka, & Morris in 72.
And yes I know we have other needs but when tallent out weighs those needs you need to pick it.

but why not add Ted Ginn to bring that dimension and a stud returner to boot. He can be in the game w/ Ricky or Ronnie . . . hell maybe even both and bring speed that AP doesn't have, to a position that we need speed at. If u bring AP in, u may eventually get a return on your investment (whether its a number one or more for Ronnie or AP) . . . but I don't believe it does much to improve this team. Atleast w/ drafting Willis at 9, u know he will take over in about 2 years when Zach retires . . . I mean I can understand us taking him at 9 . . . hold him hostage . . . but to bring him in as a Running back for this season . . . w/ Ricky and Ronnie . . . nahhhh.

Myles Fynch
04-08-2007, 01:29 PM
but why not add Ted Ginn to bring that dimension and a stud returner to boot. He can be in the game w/ Ricky or Ronnie . . . hell maybe even both and bring speed that AP doesn't have, to a position that we need speed at. If u bring AP in, u may eventually get a return on your investment (whether its a number one or more for Ronnie or AP) . . . but I don't believe it does much to improve this team. Atleast w/ drafting Willis at 9, u know he will take over in about 2 years when Zach retires . . . I mean I can understand us taking him at 9 . . . hold him hostage . . . but to bring him in as a Running back for this season . . . w/ Ricky and Ronnie . . . nahhhh.

Let's see how Ginn does on the 12th. If he can fly, he's back in consideration. If he can't, well, he's just another fast guy who hasn't been able to run in 3 months.

I understand the fans who want us to keep Ricky... when he last put on our uniform he was fast, talented, and cheap. However, I don't trust him yet and I may never fully trust him again. That's what happens in pro football when your team needs you and you can't be counted on... for whatever reason.

Cam said he's not going to plan on a guy who isn't on the roster, and that's the smart approach. If Ricky contributes this year, great--and I hope everything works out for him and for us, but to enter the season counting on him as Ronnie insurance is borderline reckless, IMO.

SgtPhin
04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
So far Ginn hasn't shown that he deserves to be taken in the top 20 much less the top 10. When his work-out proves that he's fast, in shape and can catch something besides wishlists from fans, then I would consider him as a draft choice. Some people think he is something great and I just don't see it. So far he's no better than 2 we have on the roster, Campbell and Hakim. Maybe fast, but no recuperative powers.