PDA

View Full Version : if it cam down to it what would u do

WatCanBrownDo4U
04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
not they are but if Joe thomas and quinn were sitting on the board and Miami was on the clock who would u pick?:confused:

i would address our biggest problem OL with the big man Joe thomas. hes a tank and would make ronnie brown something special.:D

PhinsRDbest
04-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Brady Quinn. I have more confidense in Houcks and Co. ability to find later round quality O-lineman than what we have a QB.

WatCanBrownDo4U
04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
wat bout stanton in the 2nd round he seems like he'll be an ideal fit with the dolphins offense and could fit in well in years to come...

Pocoloco
04-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Quinn, 'cause we can let Houck work his magic in round 2-7 if he wants to

Cannonboy
04-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Quinn, this team needs to draft a QB in a worse way.

TexanPhinatic
04-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Quinn no question about it. We have a much better chance of finding a quality OL in a later round than QB, especially considering the sucess randy, cam AND houck all have had doing that in the past.
Not impressed with Stanton anyway. But Quinn really looks like he could be something special.

Dolphin39
04-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Quinn no question about it. We have a much better chance of finding a quality OL in a later round than QB, especially considering the sucess randy, cam AND houck all have had doing that in the past.
Not impressed with Stanton anyway. But Quinn really looks like he could be something special.

I agree...QUINN

Slappy8800
04-07-2007, 11:41 PM
thomas....draft ANY qb you want...if u cant protect him he's worthless

CitizenSnips
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
This a tougher decision than its getting consideration for. A prime time LT like Thomas would solidify the left side for the next decade, and would bring an anchor for years.

I think i would actually go with Thomas in our situation. Im a firm believer that when your O-line is solid, your running back is great, and your receivers are good...the QB usually ends up being pretty good too, no matter who he is.

Roman529
04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
QUINN...you can't win without a good QB. :rolleyes2

Paul 13
04-08-2007, 12:27 AM
This a tougher decision than its getting consideration for. A prime time LT like Thomas would solidify the left side for the next decade, and would bring an anchor for years.

I think i would actually go with Thomas in our situation. Im a firm believer that when your O-line is solid, your running back is great, and your receivers are good...the QB usually ends up being pretty good too, no matter who he is.

Yep, this is a matter of philosophy... our LT spot has been terrible since Webb left... our qb spot has been pretty bad since you know who left... but lets put things in perspective even further, Quinn rated against last year's first round qb's doesn't come close, Young, Leinart and Cutler (I'd take one of them over Thomas for the record)... but Thomas is supposedly a lock as a pro bowl LT for many years, we haven't seen this highly rated a LT in the draft in a long long time. So, Thomas vs Quinn?? No question, Thomas!!

alen1
04-08-2007, 02:08 AM
thomas , easy choice IMO. theres no point to having a good qb without a o line.

LarryFinFan
04-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Since HH and Cam-Mul don't seem to be too concerned about OL right now (meaning they must have some confidence is the guys we have already), I believe any situation where Quinn is on the board for our pick is a no-brainer and the way they go. I don't know that they would trade up for him, unless it was perhaps to Wash, but Mul won't overspend in picks for him either...

Kdawg954
04-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Very easy choice IMO . . . Joe Thomas.

U draft a guy to solidfy LT for the next decade . . . u can get a guy like Stanton or Edwards later on . . . or even roll the dice w/ a guy later on like Palmer and just hope w/ Cleo and Daunte. Worse comes to worse . . . the season is ugh and we are back in the running for Brohm, Brennan and Henne . . . I mean I would draft Thomas . . . because whether people want to admit it or not . . . he is the safer pick and fills our biggest need.

Elliott 1
04-08-2007, 08:41 AM
thomas

NorFlaFin
04-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Thomas, while hes not Tony Boselli (who is?) hes the best OT in this draft.

PhinfanUK
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Yep, this is a matter of philosophy... our LT spot has been terrible since Webb left... our qb spot has been pretty bad since you know who left... but lets put things in perspective even further, Quinn rated against last year's first round qb's doesn't come close, Young, Leinart and Cutler (I'd take one of them over Thomas for the record)... but Thomas is supposedly a lock as a pro bowl LT for many years, we haven't seen this highly rated a LT in the draft in a long long time. So, Thomas vs Quinn?? No question, Thomas!!

You really don't think Quinn is a better prospect than Jay Cutler? What about D'Brick last year? A lot of guys think he was a better prospect than Thomas.

SQuinn17
04-08-2007, 01:46 PM
QUINN...you can't win without a good QB. :rolleyes2
yah but whats a good qb on his back every play?

TX-FinFan
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Thomas to beef up the O-line.

TX-FinFan
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
yah but whats a good qb on his back every play?

We could ask David Carr that question.

SgtPhin
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Just look at Smith from SF, Carr from Hou. and Harrington from Det. If they had protection, they may have really been special, the only one with a chance now is Smith, they got him an O-line!

Paul 13
04-09-2007, 01:23 AM
You really don't think Quinn is a better prospect than Jay Cutler? What about D'Brick last year? A lot of guys think he was a better prospect than Thomas.

D'Brick is going to be pretty solid for the Jets, except for when JT goes up against him. :lol: I would take Cutler over D'Brick any day... would I take Cutler over Thomas though?? hmmm... That's a tough one, for the record, I liked Cutler over Young and Leinart last year, still do. So yeah, I'd take Cutler over Thomas (it's awefully close though)...

miamiron
04-09-2007, 05:58 AM
not they are but if Joe thomas and quinn were sitting on the board and Miami was on the clock who would u pick?:confused:

i would address our biggest problem OL with the big man Joe thomas. hes a tank and would make ronnie brown something special.:D

I think your dreaming in regards to Thomas as his strong suit is NOT run blocking AND IF YOU THINK THAT " YOU ARE GOING TO BE VERY UPSET!"

There are players such as Levi Brown who are much better run blockers
and I could name others but you get my point

but as far as pass blocking and protection for your QB there is no one better
in the draft than Joe Thomas

BlueFin
04-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Finding A quarterback is priority number one, that doesn't mean LT isn't important, its just a notch or two below QB.

So if you have a strong conviction on Quinn, you take him.