PDA

View Full Version : What Miami does in this draft will depend on....

Lee2000
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Whether they think Culpepper can recover;
If they have any faith in Lemon;
They think a guy like Stanton or Kolb can play better than expected.

If they can't answer any of those questions in a positive manner, then they will pursue Quinn.

Lee2000

dominizzo
04-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Id like To get Brohm Next Year!! Hes a great talent I hear

taylormvp99
04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
If this team plays up to its capaility then there's no way they have a shot at Brohm. You take Quinn now if you have a shot at him and not hope that Brohm falls next year.

zach8111
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
i think brohm is being overrated. the only reason he has good stats is because hawaii has no run game and passes 80 percent of the time. he might be a dedcent nfl QB but i think quinn will be a great nfl QB. i would rather have stanton or kolb than brohm.

jason8er
04-09-2007, 02:12 PM
i think brohm is being overrated. the only reason he has good stats is because hawaii has no run game and passes 80 percent of the time. he might be a dedcent nfl QB but i think quinn will be a great nfl QB. i would rather have stanton or kolb than brohm.
That's Colt Brennan

Rhody Phins Fan
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM

I think you're mistaking Brohm for Colt Brennan who is the QB for Hawaii but I do think it's a little ridiculous to hope that we can somehow get Brohm next year when there are a million things that could happen between now and next years draft. We have a much better chance at getting Quinn then waiting until next year to somehow grab Brohm.

aleta
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I think you're mistaking Brohm for Colt Brennan who is the QB for Hawaii but I do think it's a little ridiculous to hope that we can somehow get Brohm next year when there are a million things that could happen between now and next years draft. We have a much better chance at getting Quinn then waiting until next year to somehow grab Brohm.

And what make you feel we are going to the playoff this year?, as far as i'm concern, we may be picking at the #1 spot next year. At this point, we DON'T HAVE an offensive line. This could be a long year and we can get our future QB on the 2008 draft. For now, we should concentrated on putting a GREAT TEAM surrounding our QB of the future. GO DOLPHINS!!:ninja:

Ps ZT, JT but it will tack a couple of years, wich they don't have.

DUB
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
If this team plays up to its capaility then there's no way they have a shot at Brohm. You take Quinn now if you have a shot at him and not hope that Brohm falls next year.

I'm with you. You have to believe #9 is as high as we will pick for years. If Mueller/Cam don't believe Stanton/Edwards/Kolb is the future then they will make a move for Quinn.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM

At this point in time I am all for that

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Sounds like the days of Dan Marino & that guy was alright with me. Marino NEVER I MEAN NEVER had a run game

Regan21286
04-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Yea, only if we go 1-15 next year. Till then, 9 should be as high as we go. And this may be our only opportunity for a long time to land a franchise QB in the 1st round.

But Brohm goes to Louisville....

Finsfan1984
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Couldnt agree with you more if I wanted to!!!

BlueFin
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Its funny, it seems like every year many want to wait till next year to get some hot QB prospect.

I remember last year(before Culpepper was obtained), many here didn't want to go after Young, Leinart or Cutler, they wanted to wait and get Brady Quinn this year. Now, I keep reading from many lets not go after Quinn, lets wait for next year and get Brohm (As if its an easy thing to do).

Isn't it about time this team invested another high pick in a QB we have a conviction on?, and stopped waiting till next year?

Griese and Marino turned out pretty good.

LarryFinFan
04-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Whether they think Culpepper can recover;
If they have any faith in Lemon;
They think a guy like Stanton or Kolb can play better than expected.

If they can't answer any of those questions in a positive manner, then they will pursue Quinn.

Lee2000

You forgot to add, that what Miami does in this draft will depend on what is done in front of them...THEN, the things you have listed will apply...

phishfan4life
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Its funny, it seems like every year many want to wait till next year to get some hot QB prospect.

I remember last year(before Culpepper was obtained), many here didn't want to go after Young, Leinart or Cutler, they wanted to wait and get Brady Quinn this year. Now, I keep reading from many lets not go after Quinn, lets wait for next year and get Brohm (As if its an easy thing to do).

Isn't it about time this team invested another high pick in a QB we have a conviction on?, and stopped waiting till next year?

Griese and Marino turned out pretty good.

Yeah, it's funny how people think we can just wait till next year, and draft whomever we want.....like Randy Mueller can go up to Roger Goodell and say "Hey Roger, we really don't like any QB's in this draft, so if we don't draft any in the first 4 rounds can we have first dibs on Brohm next year?". We can't assume we'll be in a position to draft a franchise QB next year. If we have the oppurtunity this draft, they need to pull the trigger, whether we think the QB is as good as Brohm or not. Beggers can't be choosers!!!!!

Jaj
04-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Quinn slides past the Browns and the Bucs it's a foregone conclusion we'll trade up to draft him.

I'd estimate that as 40/60 right now. Russell is another story...

OneHondo
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Better take one when we get the opprtunity because unless Mueller and Cameron fall flat on their faces we will probably be farther back in the draft next year than we are now. If you think its difficult and expensive to trade up this year wait until we are at about 15 to 20 or even further back from the top pick next year.

MrClean
04-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Quinn slides past the Browns and the Bucs it's a foregone conclusion we'll trade up to draft him.

I'd estimate that as 40/60 right now. Russell is another story...

We may TRY to trade up, but it takes both sides to agree and there is no guarantee that we'll get that.

What would your feelings be about a trade up if we traded with AZ or WASH, and gave up more picks to move up than the trade value chart says we should? Is Quinn that much of a sure thing that we should break away from the trade value chart if necessary, to move up? IMO, I would not trade up for him at all.

Detroit should draft Quinn. They'd be crazy not to.

Jaj
04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
If they feel that we need to give more than the value chart says I'll simply no thanks, let him slip to Minnesota and put that into their hands. The value chart is more than fair to the trade down team.

Tureo
04-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I know that this is a joke. How can you say that Quinn is a sure fire prospect bu Brohm is not. Furthermore you would rather have Stanton and Kolb over Brohm. I would take Stanton in the 2nd and Kold in the 4th. Brohm could go in the top 10 next year.

Tureo
04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
We may TRY to trade up, but it takes both sides to agree and there is no guarantee that we'll get that.

What would your feelings be about a trade up if we traded with AZ or WASH, and gave up more picks to move up than the trade value chart says we should? Is Quinn that much of a sure thing that we should break away from the trade value chart if necessary, to move up? IMO, I would not trade up for him at all.

Detroit should draft Quinn. They'd be crazy not to.
I agree. I don't think we shoudl throw away too many draft picks on Quinn and I think the Lions have to take him. If we can get him at 6 wih only giving up our second 2nd rd pick, I am all for it.

SgtPhin
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Who we select is ultimately in RandyCam's hands. If they feel that any player is worth what we have to give up for them, they'll make the move. I doubt they are as dumb as Wannspiel were.