PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Looking to Trade Down, Phins a Suitor?

DeeAy3000
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

Brown was in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, becoming the first projected first-round pick to visit with Steelers officials during the final round of the draft interview process, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.

The Steelers have a history of trading up in the draft, which they would likely have to do this year to acquire Brown, a projected top-10 pick. The Steelers currently own the No. 15 pick. The Texans, who reportedly are leaning toward selecting an offensive tackle with the No. 10 pick, are another possible suitor for Brown. Wisconsin's Joe Thomas, considered the best offensive lineman in the draft, is a projected top-five pick, meaning the Texans would likely be looking at Brown at No. 10. Central Michigan's Joe Staley is also a possibility.

Apparently the Steelers are pretty high on Levi Brown and they are looking to trade up to get him. The Dolphins are in prime position to take Brown, they are also in prime position to send a smoke screen that Brown is our guy. The situation could develop into a perfect trade down scenario. We all know that Mueller is looking to build through the draft and this could be a perfect way to pick up an extra 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th. Thoughts?

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
04-09-2007, 02:54 PM
pull the trigger come draft day.

phinzi
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
First, the thread title is misleading !!! It should be Pitt looking to Trade UP !!

Second, I like the idea. Although no one here has Levi as projected selection, Mel Kiper still has us selecting Brown. So I don't think you need a big smoke screen. Sounds like Houston is interested in him - so even if we aren't interested in selecting Brown, Pitt would want to trade with us.

cnc66
04-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I would need to see who was left on the board... personally, I think #9 is overpaying Brown, if our staff felt the same way, and there was no Quinn, Ginn or Peterson around, I say go for the extra picks.

Jaj
04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Ginn would be around at 15 in my estimation. There's no reason to see otherwise and he'd be a very nice selection at 15.

cnc66
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Ginn would be around at 15 in my estimation. There's no reason to see otherwise and he'd be a very nice selection at 15.

I agree that he is better priced at 15, but I was thinking we might overpay him... like P-burg is maybe willing to do for Brown.

Finsfan1984
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I dont mind trading down at all and picking up an extra pick. But i would wait during the draft and not before. Dont want another JJ disaster, where we could have had Moss but traded out before the draft and wound up with Avery.

MelbournePhin
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
id do it in a heartbeat. lets stockpile picks!!

SabanHater
04-09-2007, 03:08 PM
do it..... do it.....

taylormvp99
04-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't hesitate on this one come draft day unless somehow Quinn or Landry fall. I'd move down to 15, see if they can add Hall or Revis, then have 3 2nd round picks. I'm 100% for this trade if Quinn and Landry are off the board.

MelbournePhin
04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
do we draft all OL withg 3 #2's??

AggieFin21
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
do we draft all OL withg 3 #2's??

I'd have to say no to this one. Probably 2 of the picks invested in OL. (i.e. a C and a LT) Then maybe a CB or S with the other. Maybe even a TE (ala Z.Miller)

Roman529
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I would do the deal and stockpile picks. :)

HEDAZHELAS24
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
wait and see where quinn falls to...if we can get him then trade down with the steelers and ginn would be our first rounder adn then draft OL and Stanton in the second...do it

Kendall
04-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I would love to move down with Pitt. The problem is I doubt they offer us their 2nd round pick though. According to the points chart that would be way to much. Going strickly by the points chart (obviously it wouldn't have to be exact if both teams wanted to get something done) they would have to give us 300 points to move up. Their 2nd round pick is worth 440 points. They may offer us their 3rd (205 points) and a later pick. I could see us trading down for their 3rd and 5th. That would give us 1-1st, 2-2nds, 2-3rds and give us the 5th back we gave up in the Harrington trade. That would only be 234 points, lower than the 300 points we could demand but if we really wanted the picks than we may give on that a little. Technically if they wanted to move up bad enough we could get their 3rd, 4th and 5th (290 points) which would be very close to the 300 points and they have an extra pick in both the 4th and 5th rounds anyway. But I find it hard to believe that they use 3 picks to get Levi Brown. I think a 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th is probably more realistic. Either way I would be all for it.

aj13
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
the 15th pick will still hold a lot of good players....guys that could be there are willis, carriker, olsen, okoye, ginn...those are all realistic possibilities...

whatsburning
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Come draft day, strike a deal with Pitt then call the Texans to see what they are willing to give up for Brown. Then call Pitt back and make the deal even sweeter!

SR 7
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
for one, it wont be for a 2nd prob a 3rd, and 2nd you have to see whose available u just dont stock pile for the hell of it. u have to see if the value u get at 9 is worth not having an extra 3rd and the 15 spot instead of the 9th.

zonk4ever
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
You do it, but it would be better with the texans than the Steelers. If we trade with the Steelers, the Texans may reach and take Staley. So you have to be a real personnel guy and know your talent to pull the right trigger in the later rounds. Oops! Mueller is a real personnel guy... right?

GCD960
04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
If there is no shot at Quinn, then its a no brainer

jyockel99
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
as much as i liek the idea of us taking brown, i think this would be a great oppurtunity to trade back and target greg olsen, then in the secodn round we can grab aaron sears from tennessee with our first 2nd round pick, and get a good tackle

Ikema
04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I would welcome the extra picks if we can swing a trade down, but like was mentioned earlier I believe you hold off till draft day.

TPD1479
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I would need to see who was left on the board... personally, I think #9 is overpaying Brown, if our staff felt the same way, and there was no Quinn, Ginn or Peterson around, I say go for the extra picks.

Actually there are people who say in the long run he will be better then thomas

GCD960
04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
as much as i liek the idea of us taking brown, i think this would be a great oppurtunity to trade back and target greg olsen, then in the secodn round we can grab aaron sears from tennessee with our first 2nd round pick, and get a good tackle

I think Olsen would be in the top 5 that we look at at that point:

Staley
Ginn/Meachum
Hall/Revis
Olsen
Paul Posluszny

OneHondo
04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
There could be a lot of possibilities if Adrian Peterson slides to #9 and some teams behind us want him bad enough. Number #9 could be a hot comodity if the right players slide that far.

Finsfan1984
04-09-2007, 06:57 PM
There could be a lot of possibilities if Adrian Peterson slides to #9 and some teams behind us want him bad enough. Number #9 could be a hot comodity if the right players slide that far.
That would be sweet. IF Quinn and Landry are both gone, and Peterson falls to 9, that could be a sweet trade opportunity for us. You never know, we could take him and then trade.

MiaDolph99
04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Wait so let me get this right we p*ss and moan for a franchise LT.. we have a draft pick where one will deff be and a majority of you want to trade it.. If we trade it we better get Ginn Jr. with the 15th pick, Ugoh with the high 2nd and Stanton with the low 2nd

MiaDolph99
04-09-2007, 07:32 PM
That would be sweet. IF Quinn and Landry are both gone, and Peterson falls to 9, that could be a sweet trade opportunity for us. You never know, we could take him and then trade.

Or how about we take him and keep him and trade Ricky. Then we have what the Saints had last year (2 unstoppable backs). IMO, I'd rather have Brown/Peterson than Brown/Williams

maverick50
04-09-2007, 07:40 PM
if the dolphins screw up and draft ginn i will become angry and hold you jokers accountable and i will come slap a few knots on some dolphin fans heads. you guys are asking for trouble with ginn he isnt even healthy right now and he has yatil green stamped all over him. :fire:

JT#1
04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
if the dolphins screw up and draft ginn i will become angry and hold you jokers accountable and i will come slap a few knots on some dolphin fans heads. you guys are asking for trouble with ginn he isnt even healthy right now and he has yatil green stamped all over him. :fire:

1 injury in 7 years of HS/College football, and the injury was caused by his teamates grabing him causing him to sprain his ankle, and whos to say if he would have missed any games because of it besides the game he was injured in, hes just trying to make sure he is his best for the scouts.Also unless he changed it his private workout is in 2 days.

RichmondWeb
04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Let's make a Deal! Another hot commodity is Patrick Willis. Buffalo HAS to get him and St. Louis and Carolina might trade up for him too. Between Willis, Peterson, and Brown and the hungry teams below us, we stand to come up with a sweet deal for #9.

Why is everyone so high on Stanton? He rated near about 5 other QB's. Why reach in round #2? They won't all be gone.

RW

СЯΘΜ
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I like Brown. He is HUGE and quick. He could be the answer for our left tackle spot for the next 10 years. If we don't draft a left tackle who are going to plug in at left tackle? Alabi ???Shelton??? There is glaring need at this position. We would have to draft someone.

The only way I would make this trade is if could get greater value than what the 9th pick is worth plus get a player I value highly at 15. For example...swap the 9th and 15th picks and get Pitts 2nd and 4th. It is not a fair value trade but the IMO the draft should better your team not the other teams. Get as much as you can and get the player you want is the best way to go. I'm not saying that the Steelers would do it but if they really want that pick they are going to have to pay for it.

maverick50
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
screw it guys i really want trent edwards and craig davis and patrick willis and if we get these three guys i will dance naked for hours at a time.

Phanatical
04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

Apparently the Steelers are pretty high on Levi Brown and they are looking to trade up to get him. The Dolphins are in prime position to take Brown, they are also in prime position to send a smoke screen that Brown is our guy. The situation could develop into a perfect trade down scenario. We all know that Mueller is looking to build through the draft and this could be a perfect way to pick up an extra 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th. Thoughts?

If Quinn wasn't available, trading down would be the smart thing to do, the Phins need lots of picks and there are some other quality LT's out there to be had like Staley, Barbre, Hall etc.

GO PHINS~!

phinphanforever
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed. I have a funny feeling that there will be quite a few trades this year at the draft. Ideally, Quinn would fall to nine and we could sucker some team into giving up the farm.

jim1
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Wait so let me get this right we p*ss and moan for a franchise LT.. we have a draft pick where one will deff be and a majority of you want to trade it.. If we trade it we better get Ginn Jr. with the 15th pick, Ugoh with the high 2nd and Stanton with the low 2nd

I think that's it's a reach to call Levi Brown a franchise LT right now. I'd take the trade down, then you can look at a Ginn, Bowe, Staley, Meachem, even Kalil if they're absolutely sold on him. Does anyone out there know more about Datish as a center prospect?