PDA

View Full Version : Favorite version of Madden?

HysterikiLL
04-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Howdy folk,

Spent easter weekend in bed with the flu, and as a result I decided to kick out the old versions of Madden to just play around and see how they hold up. 2001 was like a rickety throwback version, but I was incredibly surprised at the other versions. There was a major graphics overhaul between 2004 and 2005, but those two versions, IMO, are just as good as 2007. In fact, I just started a franchise on 2005 and I'm loving it. The graphics are actually better IMO -- the dudes look more steroided up than Madden 07, but c'mon, in today's game that's not far from realism.

Makes you really realize how much Madden has pretty much ****ed up since they got their monopoly on the market. There are a lot of features (tackles, more alt. uniforms, game intros, etc..) in 03 and 04 which they didn't put in later versions which I'd rather have over stupid Hall of Fame mode and some of the crap they put in now........**** also loads a bunch faster

Anyway, I wanted to see what was the favorite madden version of you guys, obviously relative to the time in came out.

rob19
04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
:dunnno:... last years?.. i really liked the mini camp part of it... not so much this years attempt at a mini camp... maybe it was 05.... not sure..

Alex44
04-09-2007, 05:48 PM
As odd as this is I loved 01 for playstation. The graphics were bad and all but I mean it was fun. The music was football related and overall for it's time it was a great game.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
i thought madden 06 on the original xbox was awesome....07 for the 360 was pretty good, but the laggy menus just frustrated me.

Cool Calm Mike
04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Madden '03. Best Madden to date.

Stitches
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I was amazing at '04 with playmaker controls, so I would vote that one.

Motion
04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Gotta be 2006 for me. My biggest complaint about Madden was always that you couldn't lower your shoulder and hit someone when running the ball, the Truck Stick is my hero.

HysterikiLL
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Gotta be 2006 for me. My biggest complaint about Madden was always that you couldn't lower your shoulder and hit someone when running the ball, the Truck Stick is my hero.

Yeah I noticed that in 05 as I'm playing it. I am playing with the Bears and sold the farm to get Ricky, and he's got like 2.5 ypc average so far :lol:. On the flip side, it is so easy to spin, so I just spin my way up field sometimes.....i'm surprised ricky hasn't hurled yet

05 is still kicking ***.. probably my favorite overall, with 04 being my favorite relative to when it came out...i have great madden memories in my life :lol:

Mainge
04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
'05 for sure!

GridIronKing34
04-09-2007, 10:57 PM
You can't go wrong with Madden 96... I loved making unreal trades and no salary cap... Assembling a team of Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, and Cris Carter... I was unstoppable... I also liked the idea of how I could move the middle linebacker back a little bit and the o-line would make a hole for me to zoom right through and get a sack. Ahh those were the days...

But as far the 2000 versions, I'd have to go with Madden 04.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Madden '94 for Sega Genesis. I loved playing as the '84 Bears because NOBODY could stop Walter Payton. Plus, the game just reminds me of the simpler times, where you didn't have all these responsibilites and it was just fun being a kid.

Another one that made a big impact on me was the first one that came out for PS2 (was it the one with Eddie George on the cover? I honestly just don't feel like Googling it right now :lol:). I had quit Madden all throughout the PS1's life because I couldn't stand it. I was a Gameday guy for that console, but then Madden came back with a bang on PS2 and I've been re-hooked ever since.

To be honest they ALL got a lot of playtime from me, even though I absolutely HATE everything about this years version on the 360 and think it is utter crap compared to the current-gen builds. But it still gets a lot of playtime because I am a football junkie. Even if the 2K series was still around it would, because I like Madde's gameplay a lot better.

SKing29
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I own '03 and '05 and I do have to agree the graphics between '03 and '05 was a huge jump, but when I compare gameplay '05 just has it with the hitstick and all. However, if I were to play '06 I feel that it would be my favorite because of the Truck Stick because I have ESPN 2005 and I loved lowering my head and busting through some guys with Ricky Williams and I really missed it in Madden. Considering what I've played though I'd say '05

burger13
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
'04 for the PS2.....don't like the 'comic book' style turn the graphics took starting in '05

phinmania
04-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Madden 98 is my altime fav still have it and play it on my saturn sometimes