PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3 announced

Medieval954
04-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Guitar Hero 2 for Playstation 2 launched 11/7/2006, Xbox 360 launched 4/3/2007 and both items are shipping now. Please check www.guitarherogame.com (http://www.guitarherogame.com) and www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com) for the most current information.

Guitar Hero 3 for the Playstation 2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are currently scheduled for release in the United States in Fall of 2007.http://www.redoctane.us/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=96

:D

Agent51
04-10-2007, 12:26 AM
I can't even use enough :rocker:s to describe the joy that just came over me!

Lets hope they add create a character (including looks AND clothes), co-op career, ability to play sets (pick X amount of songs and play them all in a row instead of backing out to song select everytime), and maybe some other cool creation/customization stuff such as:

Create a band: Either pick from a pool of available musicians or create each one like you would your own character.

Create a finish: Ability to create custom guitar finishes be it color or graphics or whatever. There are tons of cool guitars but some have all crappy finishes while others have only 1 cool one that gets old after 50+ songs. For example, I LOVE Les Pauls, but I'm tired of the cherry burst and Zakk Wylde bullseye, and I don't like the other ones. I'd love to be able to pick my colors or designs or just slap a bunch of sticker all over it and "war" the paint so it looks liek a well-used punk guitar.

Band customization: Ability to pick which instruments they play (so you could go with a ZZ-Top-esq matching theme should you choose) and the colors of the drum set and stuff. Also, ability to slap logos (like user created ones containing the band name or whatever, ala Tony Hawk) on the kick drum head or sticker on the guitars, or wear t-shirts with your name/logo on them, etc.

Venue customization: Ability to have your bands banner (user designed) hanging, or have some sort of video playing in the back, some pyro (all of which could be bought with the earnings, and gets cooler the more money you spend) all of that. Also, would be cool to be able to pick the brand of amps you use, and position them onstage behind you. Do you use one big cabinet (like punk bands in smaller venues) or a friggin WALL of speakers, like arena rock bands?

Effect pedal add-on: The slot is there in the 360 version, and this would be awesome. You could either have it be wah wah, which you could freely use to change sounds like you can with the whammy bar, or they could make it part of the actual gameplay skill set and you need to switch from clean to distortion channels at certain parts of the song. That, and/or maybe you could BUY new effects in the store (in game store) and then before you go onstage you choose which you wanna use, and again, you can use it at will to change the guitar sound. Would be so cool to have some Flange or Stereo Chorus or Fuzz, etc.

GridIronKing34
04-10-2007, 12:28 AM
*prays for Dragonforce*

My fingers will be sore after trying to play one of their songs if it's on GH3!

DisturbedShifty
04-12-2007, 02:31 AM
That's cool. I just hope the 360 has online versus mode. Can't believe they left that out on 2

muscle979
04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I can't wait. I just hope the song selection is a little stronger than it was in GH 2.

Agent51
04-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I can't wait. I just hope the song selection is a little stronger than it was in GH 2.

Yeah, I agree. It seemed like #2 went more the route of harder, screaming-type stuff. While there were some excellent songs in #2, I think GH1's list was stronger in terms of overall likeability.

Medieval954
04-16-2007, 07:45 PM
A couple new interviews at IGN and Gamespot.

IGN highlights...

GN: Focusing back onto RedOctane, can you tell us any details about Guitar Hero III?

Kai Huang: We are currently working with Neversoft and they are not only one of the best developers within Activision, I also think they're one of the best developers in the world. We are currently working on Guitar Hero III for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii and I can assure fans that what we are working on for Guitar Hero is taking the series to a whole new level. There will be online play, more downloadable music and features that make the offline multiplayer better.

IGN: Will the Wii game use the Wiimote or are you planning on bundling it with a new guitar?

Kai Huang: We are really excited about the Wii game because there are so many options for the Wii remote. However, you will play the game with a guitar peripheral and it will be similar to a guitar you've seen in the past. It will have all the features of the other versions of Guitar Hero III and some new Wii-specific features.

Rest of interview here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/780/780816p3.html

Gamespot highlights...

GS UK: What can you tell us so far about Guitar Hero III?

KH: Guitar Hero III is being developed by Neversoft, which is an internal Activision developer. They're one of the best Activision developers, if not one of the best developers in the world, having had a tremendous amount of success with the Tony Hawk franchise, and they've been working on Guitar Hero III now. We don't have any announcements yet about what features are going specifically into Guitar Hero III, but Neversoft is focusing on online play, of course, and that includes both co-op and competitive modes. We're looking at more downloadable content, and more music, because we know that's one of the things the fans want--as soon as they finish playing Guitar Hero, they want more music. And then we're really focusing on features that will make the multiplayer experience, not online, but the offline multiplayer experience a lot more fun.

GS UK: Can you confirm platforms and dates?

KH: Guitar Hero III will be launching at the end of this year, and it's going to be launching on all platforms, so that will be Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and the PS2. We're actually also looking at a DS version, for early next year.

GS UK: What kind of peripherals will Guitar Hero III feature?

KH: We're planning a lot for our new guitars for Guitar Hero III. First of all, the one feature that fans have been asking for the most is that, yes, they're going to be wireless. So now fans can finally rock out in their living room and jump off their couches and do all the crazy rock star stuff that they haven't been able to do in the past. And then, what we're doing with the guitars is there'll be a new shape and there'll be new colours. And what we're also looking at in addition to all those features is creating some more interesting guitars that are higher end, and some of them will be made out of wood, and so they'll actually feel like a real guitar.

Rest of article here:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169125.html

TheMageGandalf
04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. It seemed like #2 went more the route of harder, screaming-type stuff. While there were some excellent songs in #2, I think GH1's list was stronger in terms of overall likeability.

I agree.

I am also kinda pissed at the price of the song packs.

500 points for 3 songs???

I only like 2 (Bark at the Moon and Higher Ground).

They are both in separate packs so I'd have to pay 1000 points for 2 freaking songs basically since the other songs are like whatever.

UltraDol-Fan
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm really glad I didn't buy GH2 now. Especially with new wireless guitars coming! Also the song list from the second one really didn't do anything for me.

PrepDogg
04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I wanna see some AC/DC on this one. :rawk:

muscle979
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I wanna see some AC/DC on this one. :rawk:

You and me both. I think it's about time.

Samphin
04-23-2007, 12:28 PM
They should have some sort of franchise mode. I realize that they sort of do and you go from smaller clubs to larger arenas, but they need to expand on that. You can sert prices of tickets, have merchandise like Agent 51 said etc. I also really like the idea of creating a guitar hero, much like in your football/wrestling/golf/sports games. It would be so much more fun if it is actually a likeness of you on the screen.

I think it would be cool to somehow have a freestyle ability. During a long guitar solo, a button could be pushed that allows you to create your own sound that could either be booed or cheered depending on how it sounds. Make the time limit last much like the superstar time limit is or whatever that mode is called when points double.

Motion
04-23-2007, 12:40 PM
They should have some sort of franchise mode. I realize that they sort of do and you go from smaller clubs to larger arenas, but they need to expand on that. You can sert prices of tickets, have merchandise like Agent 51 said etc. I also really like the idea of creating a guitar hero, much like in your football/wrestling/golf/sports games. It would be so much more fun if it is actually a likeness of you on the screen.

I think it would be cool to somehow have a freestyle ability. During a long guitar solo, a button could be pushed that allows you to create your own sound that could either be booed or cheered depending on how it sounds. Make the time limit last much like the superstar time limit is or whatever that mode is called when points double.

That would be sweet.

FinSinceBirth
04-23-2007, 06:13 PM

So it'd basically be like an improv meter. You could also have it so that when you play a certain number of right notes it build up your meter and essentially it'd be like your character getting in a groove and deciding to get ballsy and improv. It'd be fun, but pretty difficult.

Agent51
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM

They were actually doing that for the very first one, but then they took it out. There was a nice article about it when GH2 first came out for PS2. The guy was saying how they played around with a "solo"-type mode but it was taken out in the end because they didn't have time to perfect it.

I think it would be cool to implement in 2 ways. 1, if they have sets, where you play X amount of songs in a row, you could do some little "guitar wankery" in between songs, like in real life, where in between some songs the singer will talk for a minute and/or the guitarist will do a few little random riffs on the guitar. The second cool place would be in actual songs, like you have the option in the begining to play the real solo or make your own, and if you decide to do your own instead of the meter/crowd judging your accuracy they just your creativity. Like if you are all over the place and it doesn't fit with the timing of the song, they will boo and the meter will drop, if you are making it sound awesome and fit with the flow and rhythm and timing, you'd stay in the green.

The only problem I see is the fact that there are only 5 buttons, so what happens, are you limited to only 5 sounds? In that case your own solos will never work (but the little between song messing around would). I wouldn't want it to be like those keyboards you "play along" with, where no matter what key you press it plays the right note, so you can fake an entire song, that would just be lame.

Samphin
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
They were actually doing that for the very first one, but then they took it out. There was a nice article about it when GH2 first came out for PS2. The guy was saying how they played around with a "solo"-type mode but it was taken out in the end because they didn't have time to perfect it.

I think it would be cool to implement in 2 ways. 1, if they have sets, where you play X amount of songs in a row, you could do some little "guitar wankery" in between songs, like in real life, where in between some songs the singer will talk for a minute and/or the guitarist will do a few little random riffs on the guitar. The second cool place would be in actual songs, like you have the option in the begining to play the real solo or make your own, and if you decide to do your own instead of the meter/crowd judging your accuracy they just your creativity. Like if you are all over the place and it doesn't fit with the timing of the song, they will boo and the meter will drop, if you are making it sound awesome and fit with the flow and rhythm and timing, you'd stay in the green.

The only problem I see is the fact that there are only 5 buttons, so what happens, are you limited to only 5 sounds? In that case your own solos will never work (but the little between song messing around would). I wouldn't want it to be like those keyboards you "play along" with, where no matter what key you press it plays the right note, so you can fake an entire song, that would just be lame.

It would certainly be tough, but the game engineers could probably figure something out to make it work.

I would also LOVE to see them expand on the series to include a microphone as the second ocntroller. One person playing guitar, another singing o try to keep it on key. I think that would make for an awesome party game, both singing and playing guitar.

Agent51
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
It would certainly be tough, but the game engineers could probably figure something out to make it work.

I would also LOVE to see them expand on the series to include a microphone as the second ocntroller. One person playing guitar, another singing o try to keep it on key. I think that would make for an awesome party game, both singing and playing guitar.

Someone else posted a thread a week or so ago (and it's briefly mentioned in the new Game Informer) that they are developing a game like GH but with a full band, so singer, guitar, bass, and drums. Should be AWESOME (and pricey).

Samphin
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Someone else posted a thread a week or so ago (and it's briefly mentioned in the new Game Informer) that they are developing a game like GH but with a full band, so singer, guitar, bass, and drums. Should be AWESOME (and pricey).

Yeah that was an idea I had too, but I wonder how you put all of that onto a screen without it looking too jumbled.

if they can pull it off though, I would certainly buy it.

SirDrums
04-24-2007, 07:41 AM
I dont buy the whole band setup. It wouldn't be GH if that where the case. Pluse I dont want my home looking like a preschool whith all those fisherprice looking toys around.

Mike13
04-24-2007, 09:14 AM

You might as well form a real band then.:lol:

The only problem I see is the fact that there are only 5 buttons, so what happens, are you limited to only 5 sounds?

They can always add more buttons but that would just complicate things, and I'm sure they'd want to keep it simple.

Agent51
04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I dont buy the whole band setup. It wouldn't be GH if that where the case. Pluse I dont want my home looking like a preschool whith all those fisherprice looking toys around.

It's not going to be called Guitar Hero, it's a different project altogether, it's not like a planned feature for GH3 or any editions after that, it's going to be an entireley seperate game.

You might as well form a real band then.:lol:

I think it would be REALLY fun on drinking nights. Four people can play at once now instead of 2, and should make for some really interesting times, especially because drunk GH now is a blast. I've actually come up with 3 drinking games using GH, lol.

1 - You either do single player or multiplayer face off (where you play the same part but switch sections back and forth, you don't both constantly play the entire song) and everytime the player (or your teammate if it's multipleyer) screws up and breaks the multiplier the people not playing take a drink. Not everytime they miss a note, just everytime the multiplier is broken. If the person misses says 9 notes in a row, you don't drink 9 times, lol, just one time, because the multiplier was broken. It's a lot easier to judge missed notes that way anyway.

2 - You do multiplayer face off and everytime you have a break in playing (when it switches to the other player's section) you have to drink til it's your turn again, plus loser has to chug his drink (or just take anoter sip, depending on what your drinking, lol). It's hard because the breaks in the playing are REALLY short on the harder difficulties, and missing notes while you are taking the sip just hurts your score and you might lose the round.

3 - If you have a bunch of people (minimum 4) everyone's name goes into a hat and you draw names 2 at a time to form "bands" then each "band" plays the same song and that is a "round" (for example 6 people would make 3 bands, and all three would play Free Bird and that would constitute a round) and the band with the highest score wins, and each runner up has to take the number of drinks (a big gulp of whatever you are drinking counts as a drink) for their position. So 2nd place takes one drink, 3rd place takes two, and so on. Then the next band in line picks the song for the next round and it goes on like that for however many rounds you wanna play. The names in the hat as a means to form bands keeps it fairly equal, so you don't have the 2 strongest players teaming up and completely dominating. The strongest guy could end up being stuck with the weakest guy and it all levels out.

They can always add more buttons but that would just complicate things, and I'm sure they'd want to keep it simple.

Since GH1 I have had an idea for a controller mod (or feature if they would add it) where you would have a second set of the 5 buttons, but down at the bottom of the neck and smaller. They would register exactly the same way as the normal 5, so you could play an entire song on either set and the game wouldn't know the difference, but it would be fun for solos because you could switch down to the lower set and play solos where they are played on real guitars. It would be purely for entertainments sake, lol, but it would add so much.

Phin-o-rama
04-24-2007, 12:22 PM
i believe the game is called "Rock Band" and it's MTV and Harmonix's project.....I THINK

Agent51
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
i believe the game is called "Rock Band" and it's MTV and Harmonix's project.....I THINK

That's what I heard, and I also heard EA's name mentioned somewhere in there, unless they are doing something similar.