PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Quinn by ESPN

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Quinn believes he is prepared by Graham Bensinger
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2829109

What he has to say to critics who point out about his performance in the big games:

Quinn: People who say that don't know exactly what they're talking about. Every game we play at Notre Dame is a big game. Last season, the first six teams we played were undefeated when we played them. We're in the national spotlight each week.

This year, we didn't beat a couple teams that were very good. I think in order to beat those teams we needed to play at a higher level -- it's not as if we were favored in those games. We had some tough games. We were at USC and we were playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl down in New Orleans, which was pretty much a home game for them. Those were some tough games and we knew as a team that we needed to play better. Those are team losses, not individual losses.

Quinn: I'm most looking forward to working out with the Dolphins and Buccaneers. I like working out. I like going on visits, having people test you, and watching film on the board.

I'm wondering if he's ready for Cam's follow up test from the one Cam gave at his first interview.

CpuFan
04-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Wow I like this comment by Weis on Brady...

Bensinger: Coach Weis told SIRIUS Satellite Radio that the team that gets you is going to get a combination of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. What do you think of that?

Quinn: Well, it's very flattering. Any time you're mentioned in the same sentence as those two quarterbacks obviously you should be extremely flattered. It's a very nice compliment. I'm not necessarily like Tom Brady or like Peyton Manning, but I think I'm something in between as far as how I direct the field, my intelligence, arm strength and accuracy. I hope one day I'll be up there with the likes of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, but right now I'm just trying to work hard and come in and do a good job for whatever team takes me.

Great Read thanks sir, well worth the time it takes to read it!

Fin-omenal
04-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Brady and Manning huh??? Talk about lobbying for your player!!! Weis is the next Drew Rosenhaus!

PhinfanUK
04-10-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm confident Quinn has what it takes to be a success at the next level, his work ethic is by all accounts very strong. That IMO is the biggest key to becoming a good quarterback at the next level.

OnSlaught
04-10-2007, 07:41 AM
thanks for the read

phinphanforever
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Quinn believes he is prepared by Graham Bensinger
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2829109 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2829109)

What he has to say to critics who point out about his performance in the big games:

I'm wondering if he's ready for Cam's follow up test from the one Cam gave at his first interview.
Nothing new here, just more hype. I preferred what Greg Cosell had to say about Quinn: he struggles with accuracy.

Hoot {MWB}
04-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Brady borders on the egde of arrogance...but certainly has a huge amount of confidence. I wonder if it's the cockiness that Prime Time said players need...or just a hair over. Great read though.

SgtPhin
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
A QB that isn't at least a little cocky won't cut it in the NFL. To be successful he better be supremely confident in his abilities or he'll get eaten alive!

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Brady and Manning huh??? Talk about lobbying for your player!!! Weis is the next Drew Rosenhaus!

What is he supposed to say? That Brady Quinn is Ryan Leaf incarnate? :rolleyes2

Besides, Weis's comments aren't too far off from the truth. Brady Quinn's got the upside of Manning and Tom Brady. He may or may not succeed in a abysmal QB-killing environment like Detroit, but under the guiding hands of Cam, he could be a force if he lands with us.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Besides, Weis's comments aren't too far off from the truth. Brady Quinn's got the upside of Manning and Tom Brady. He may or may not succeed in a abysmal QB-killing environment like Detroit, but under the guiding hands of Cam, he could be a force if he lands with us.
Definitely, its all about getting a really good player to play in a good system with a good coach. That combination = sucess in my book any day of the week.

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Definitely, its all about getting a really good player to play in a good system with a good coach. That combination = sucess in my book any day of the week.

Which is exactly why he has an exponentially better chance of succeeding here than he would in say Detroit. He's more NFL ready than Stanton, Edwards, or Kolb so he can be inserted in if Culpepper/another veteran QB falter in the season ala Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler. And I'm sure Cam, Shea, and Mueller know a lot about him and hopefully their intensive scouting will convince them to get Quinn.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Which is exactly why he has an exponentially better chance of succeeding here than he would in say Detroit. He's more NFL ready than Stanton, Edwards, or Kolb so he can be inserted in if Culpepper/another veteran QB falter in the season ala Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler. And I'm sure Cam, Shea, and Mueller know a lot about him and hopefully their intensive scouting will convince them to get Quinn.
I agree, it would definitely be a nice fit for both Quinn and the Dolphins.

phinphan11
04-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I still don't believe he'll fall to the #9 pick.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
And your probably right.

Fin-omenal
04-10-2007, 07:39 PM

:sidelol: ..Yea, every time ND played a non academy school he REALLY reminded me of a mixtu of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning....I mean there only the 2 best Qb's in the league!!!

Guys you are all setting Brady Quinn up for failure by saying he's a mixture of 2 of the best ever...Geeeeeeessssss

TotoreMexico
04-10-2007, 07:44 PM

I better start praying:pray:

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 08:12 PM
:sidelol: ..Yea, every time ND played a non academy school he REALLY reminded me of a mixtu of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning....I mean there only the 2 best Qb's in the league!!!

Guys you are all setting Brady Quinn up for failure by saying he's a mixture of 2 of the best ever...Geeeeeeessssss

I don't recall UCLA being an academy school. There may be ROTC but we're not a military academy. In case you've forgotten, this was a team that upset USC but lost out in the final minutes against ND.

Yes, our words have a direct connection to Brady Quinn's performance. The reason Brady Quinn fails is because a group of fans on a Dolphins forum are lauding his positives. :rolleyes2

Fin-omenal
04-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't recall UCLA being an academy school. There may be ROTC but we're not a military academy. In case you've forgotten, this was a team that upset USC but lost out in the final minutes against ND.

Yes, our words have a direct connection to Brady Quinn's performance. The reason Brady Quinn fails is because a group of fans on a Dolphins forum are lauding his positives. :rolleyes2

No, because a group of fans that have a man crush on Quinn are appointing him the second coming of Dan Marino, this kid could go on to have a solid career and make a pro bowl or 2 and according to some of you guy's that wouldnt be good enough becaus ypu have already placed him in a group of elite Qb's EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Some people need a dose of reality!! This guy isnt even considered the best Qb in this draft and some of you have him booked to Canton and the savior of our franchise...an absolute JOKE.:shakeno:

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
No, because a group of fans that have a man crush on Quinn are appointing him the second coming of Dan Marino, this kid could go on to have a solid career and make a pro bowl or 2 and according to some of you guy's that wouldnt be good enough becaus ypu have already placed him in a group of elite Qb's EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Some people need a dose of reality!! This guy isnt even considered the best Qb in this draft and some of you have him booked to Canton and the savior of our franchise...an absolute JOKE.:shakeno:

I'm not saying he's going to be a HOF but I am saying he does have a good chance of being a pretty good and solid QB and possible Pro Bowler. That's all I'd ask of him if he came here. No way is he Marino and the only QB who could possibly compare to Marino is Manning even though he actually had a run game and a D. But compared to the scrubs we've had in the past (Feeley, Lucas, Frerotte, etc..), Quinn is definitely closer to Marino than they are.

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not saying he's going to be a HOF but I am saying he does have a good chance of being a pretty good and solid QB and possible Pro Bowler. That's all I'd ask of him if he came here. No way is he Marino and the only QB who could possibly compare to Marino is Manning even though he actually had a run game and a D. But compared to the scrubs we've had in the past (Feeley, Lucas, Frerotte, etc..), Quinn is definitely closer to Marino than they are.

IM closer to Marino than those bums...still give me Ginn at 9 and Stanton/Beck or Edwards in the 2nd instead of JUST Quinn.

Motion
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm just ready to see how its all gonna go down. Tired of listening to all the Message Board GMs negative talk about how these guys' careers are gonna pan out before they even suit up. Bring on the draft!

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm just ready to see how its all gonna go down. Tired of listening to all the Message Board GMs negative talk about how these guys' careers are gonna pan out before they even suit up. Bring on the draft!

Hey nothing makes me laugh more than the blind excitement and wishfull thinking some people have for Brady Quinn....who by the way according to the EXPERTS is not even the best Qb in this draft!!

But hey he's the answer to our prayers anyway.:shakeno:

Motion
04-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey nothing makes me laugh more than the blind excitement and wishfull thinking some people have for Brady Quinn....who by the way according to the EXPERTS is not even the best Qb in this draft!!

But hey he's the answer to our prayers anyway.:shakeno:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, who are you to dispute that?

These so called experts that you rely on so heavily could be just as wrong as anyone here.

Jaj
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
There are plenty of experts who see Quinn as the better QB by the way.

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
IM closer to Marino than those bums...still give me Ginn at 9 and Stanton/Beck or Edwards in the 2nd instead of JUST Quinn.

Ok, sure. How many passing yards in the NFL or NCAA Division I have you acquired? :shakeno:

I'm fine with Ginn so long as he proves he can still run at top speed. I'd rather go somewhere else in the 2nd than Stanton/Edwards. In last year's draft, they would've gone 3rd or below.

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, who are you to dispute that?

These so called experts that you rely on so heavily could be just as wrong as anyone here.

Okay??? U the same guy who posted 2 posts ago that your tired of "Message board gm's"-then you say everyone is entitled to there own opinion...

Wow thats funny:sidelol:

Motion
04-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Okay??? U the same guy who posted 2 posts ago that your tired of "Message board gm's"-then you say everyone is entitled to there own opinion...

Wow thats funny:sidelol:

Yeah, hilarious. They are entitled to their own opinion, doesn't mean I agree with it. Is that too hard to understand? Completely different than saying how a college player's career will pan out in the NFL before he even steps on the field. I'm tired of hearing people talk like they know for a fact how a player will pan out.

finfan54
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
If we get Quinn, I wouldnt mind starting him right away and send him to the wolves ala Peyton Manning. Let the team grow with him at the helm and then we build around him. I thin Quinn could handle that. Just could dolphin fans handle that? I dont think so.

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, hilarious. They are entitled to their own opinion, doesn't mean I agree with it. Is that too hard to understand? Completely different than saying how a college player's career will pan out in the NFL before he even steps on the field. I'm tired of hearing people talk like they know for a fact how a player will pan out.

A wise man once said "everyones entitled to there own opinion" :)

This is a message board, by the looks of things youve been here a while, did you not realize 90% of people make mater of a fact statements and not just say."in my opinion"

-thats like going to Dairy Queen and expecting steak..

Motion
04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
If we get Quinn, I wouldnt mind starting him right away and send him to the wolves ala Peyton Manning. Let the team grow with him at the helm and then we build around him. I thin Quinn could handle that. Just could dolphin fans handle that? I dont think so.

Me either

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 06:03 PM

I agree, he really should get some playing time but with the fans and media as bloodthirsty as they are, it wouldn't be a good idea. I know there'll be some fans who want his neck in a noose if he throws just one pick even with multiple TD's in a game.