PDA

View Full Version : If Ginn runs a sub 4.3 would he be there for the fins

fullerboy1
04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I say Minnie takes him if he runs that fast.

SoDakDolfan
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I think Minny is scared of small, fast, unpolished recievers.

fishypete
04-10-2007, 11:04 AM
There's always Y. Figurs and he'll be alot cheaper.

fullerboy1
04-10-2007, 11:14 AM
There's always Y. Figurs and he'll be alot cheaper.

But not make the same impact!!

pennPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
if he goes before us good for him, one more better player to fall to us

fishypete
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
But not make the same impact!!

Says who? He beat Ross the corner from Texas like a drum for 123 yds....and he's as fast as Ginn.

Skilled receiver with 4.29 speed in the 40... Considered to be one of the Big 12’s top deep threats... Is also a dangerous kickoff return man... Has been among K-State’s top receivers each of the past two seasons.

Has started and played in 11-of-12 games this season... Earned first team All-Big 12 honors as a kick/punt returner and honrable mention honors at wide receiver from the coaches... Also a first team All-Big 12 selection by the Houston Chronicle and an honorable mention choice by The Associated Press... Sat out the regular season finale at Kansas after suffering an injury against Texas... Ranks second in the Big 12 and 16th nationally in punt returns with a 12.2 average through 11 games... His 12.2 punt return average ranks ninth in K-State single-season history... Also ranks sixth on K-State’s career punt return yardage chart with 475... Has recorded the longest punt return in the Big 12 this season with his 81-yarder for a touchdown against Illinois State... K-State’s third-leading receiver with 28 catches for 418 yards and three touchdowns... Is one of 21 all-time receivers at K-State to crack 1,000 receiving yards and ranks 18th on the school career receiving yards chart with 1,144 yards.

Also ranked 10th in the league with his 81.3 all-purpose yard average in conference games... Has rushed for two touchdowns this season on just three carries... Caught a pass in 10-of-11 games and had multiple catches in nine games... Has recorded two 100-yard receiving games this season... Had a huge game against Texas with a career-high 123 yards receiving and two touchdowns... Also had a 52-yard punt return that set up another score against the Longhorns... Was named the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week after his performance against Texas... Scored two touchdowns, one receiving and one rushing, at Colorado... Had a key 17-yard catch on the game-winning fourth quarter drive against Oklahoma State... Caught four passes for 101 yards at Baylor, including a career-long 68-yarder... Had two catches for 24 yards and a 38-yard TD run on a reverse against Florida Atlantic... The fastest Wildcat and one of the speediest players in the Big 12 with 4.29 speed.

PhinfanUK
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Im sure I read somewhere that the Vikings were interested in him. If they pass then I could see the Falcons considering him, but I don't think he goes top ten at all. If we trade down I think he's the guy we go after.

miamiron
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I would still rather have JL Higgins late in day 1
He ran a 4.34 and a 4.39 at his pro day and he could be our return man

HIGGINS...190 RECEPTIONS...3218 YARDS...17.0 YPC...32 TDS
GINN........135 RECEPTIONS...1943 YARDS...14.4 YPC...15 TDS

Go ahead and spin the stats anyway you choose
Ginn shared his stats with Gonzo!!!
Ginn played against better competition!!!
any way you slice it HIGGINS HAS BETTER STATS

SwampDawg
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I think Minny is scared of small, fast, unpolished recievers.

And rightfully so.

fullerboy1
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Says who? He beat Ross the corner from Texas like a drum for 123 yds....and he's as fast as Ginn.

Skilled receiver with 4.29 speed in the 40... Considered to be one of the Big 12’s top deep threats... Is also a dangerous kickoff return man... Has been among K-State’s top receivers each of the past two seasons.

Has started and played in 11-of-12 games this season... Earned first team All-Big 12 honors as a kick/punt returner and honrable mention honors at wide receiver from the coaches... Also a first team All-Big 12 selection by the Houston Chronicle and an honorable mention choice by The Associated Press... Sat out the regular season finale at Kansas after suffering an injury against Texas... Ranks second in the Big 12 and 16th nationally in punt returns with a 12.2 average through 11 games... His 12.2 punt return average ranks ninth in K-State single-season history... Also ranks sixth on K-State’s career punt return yardage chart with 475... Has recorded the longest punt return in the Big 12 this season with his 81-yarder for a touchdown against Illinois State... K-State’s third-leading receiver with 28 catches for 418 yards and three touchdowns... Is one of 21 all-time receivers at K-State to crack 1,000 receiving yards and ranks 18th on the school career receiving yards chart with 1,144 yards.

Also ranked 10th in the league with his 81.3 all-purpose yard average in conference games... Has rushed for two touchdowns this season on just three carries... Caught a pass in 10-of-11 games and had multiple catches in nine games... Has recorded two 100-yard receiving games this season... Had a huge game against Texas with a career-high 123 yards receiving and two touchdowns... Also had a 52-yard punt return that set up another score against the Longhorns... Was named the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week after his performance against Texas... Scored two touchdowns, one receiving and one rushing, at Colorado... Had a key 17-yard catch on the game-winning fourth quarter drive against Oklahoma State... Caught four passes for 101 yards at Baylor, including a career-long 68-yarder... Had two catches for 24 yards and a 38-yard TD run on a reverse against Florida Atlantic... The fastest Wildcat and one of the speediest players in the Big 12 with 4.29 speed.

But for some reason the talent evaluators has Ginn jr. listed as a better pro prospect, I wonder why?

fullerboy1
04-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I dont understand why so many people hate on Ginn jr.

dahlmarino
04-11-2007, 12:52 AM
If we got Figurs on day 2 or Higgins late on day 1 I'd be happy. But if Ginn is as good as hyped tomorrow afternoon, I'd rather have him early. As for being picked before us, I think Atlanta and Minnesota are the 2 big threats, but I also think that the Vikes want more of a possession WR and the Falcons are more likely to go defense.

Dolfan2788
04-11-2007, 01:54 AM

People don't necessarily hate on him, they just want a sure thing for the 9th pick in the draft which is worth a lot and which will affect our franchise a lot also.

People want a draft pick that is going to produce conventionally etc and they are sure that they will produce when they get on the team but they are more willing to take a risk with the 3rd rounder etc on Lee Higgins or Figurs because it's less of a risk but still with a certain amount of reward if it comes off.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:05 AM
I hope Miami does not draft Ginn at 9. The only way I would want him is if they traded down into the late 1st round and Jarrett, Meachem, and Bowe were all taken. He has this great speed but he only averages 14.4 YPC. Now that's pretty good but not for someone that runs 4.29 in the 40. I'd rank him 5th out of recievers on a draft board. Not worth a top 10 or even top 20 pick in my opinion.

miamiron
04-11-2007, 05:54 AM
I hope Ginn runs his 4.2 speed right out of the state of Florida today
and he can keep going till he hits Minnesota

finfan54
04-11-2007, 07:57 AM

Because people have way overstated his value when there are like twenty WR's in this draft who are fast. Is he good? No doubt. Is he better than others? Well, depends on what your refering to. If your refering to his return capabilities, second to none. If your talking about going over the middle and taking it to the house. That is in question.

In the big picture of things, WR is a plenty in this draft, so if you need a LT and a QB and a TE and a Center and a Guard and we have three WR's that will make our roster already, then why Ginn is the question I ask?

Why has everyone just made Ginn into CJ2? I simply do not buy it. If we are in the market for a great Returner, Ginn is our guy. If Mueller drafts this guy at 9 with our other obvious needs, and Joe Staley is not going to be a great LT to start, then we will have problems my friends. I have full confidence in my abilities to see the flaws of this team. It should be obvious by now to most and here we are debating another fast WR with great potential but with some flaws that get overlooked.

PhinfanUK
04-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Ginn has the potential to be another Steve Smith (Panthers not USC) but he is far from a sure thing. If we trade down with the Packers and take him fine, but if we go for him at #9 I'll be pissed.

Lab3003
04-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I am 100% behind Ted Ginn, Jr. I don't even think its close.

His explosion off the line is the fastest I've seen even at the college level. He is only 6' 180lbs but he is strong enough on film to break many tackles. He has the fastest acceleration of any player I've seen at the college level. His hands will be good enough in time, much like Randy Moss. He has experience at CB so he can be utilized like a Troy Brown if absolutely necessary. His technique is above-average for someone with limited experience at WR. He opens his hips and swings his body just like a WR should. In addition, his burst is enough a threat where non-offensive line intensive plays like flea-flickers and reverses become a true threat. He could play under center in specially designed plays and is nimble enough to evade tacklers up the middle. I think he compares very favorably to Torry Holt.

His versatility offensively would also offer tremendous value. By placing him at the Z flanker, you would allow Chambers to return to his more natural position of Y slot. Randy Moss openly admits in his first year he did not know how to run routes until mentored by Chris Carter. He ran nothing but Fly and Post patterns. Chambers and Ginn would have the same relationship, especially since the two were neighbors in Ohio and rumored to be cousins (never proven). Imagine a healthy Culpepper in a 2-WR set with Chambers at X and Ginn at the Z on the other end. The ball snaps and Chambers runs a deep drag route dragging the safety coverage while Ginn runs a fly route to the end zone. With Culpepper's arm strength, whoever is open in the scenario is scoring a TD, wherever they are on the field. It coud even go vice-versa, have Ginn run a slant and Chambers the fly route. Either one will get more open. Throw a possession receiver like Derek Hagan or Marty Booker in the mix in 4-WR sets in the red zone and the Dolphins offense suddenly becomes very potent. Since the offensive line needs work, you could even maximize efficiency by using a 3-step drop and launching toward the endzone since with a flanker of Ginn's speed, you could get away with things like that. Maybe even on a slant or curl (apparently we're becoming a WCO in this fantasy example).

His father is a coach and he taught his a son a tremendous amount of X's and O's. He has already met with the FO of the Dolphins 3 times and he is according to insiders will meet with them a fourth time. I think its a no-brainer. I think #9 is the right time for Ginn, regardless of his injury.

Elliott 1
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
There is absolutely no reason to take a WR on the 1st day if we don't trade Chambers or Booker or both. We have 7 on the roster now and most of the guys being mentioned as draft picks may not even make the team.

Hagan played well at the end of last year as is to be expected,few rookie receivers do well immediately. He may be ready to start as our possesion receiver this year. Hakim and Campbell are blazing fast big playmakers when healthy. It will be difficult for rookies to beat these two out if they stay healthy. How well has Vick come in learning his new position. I don't think anybody knows. What we do know is the coaches were surprised by his athleticism last year. They knew he was fast but they didn't know he was really fast.

IMO we are just plain *&^%$#, &^%$, if we don't trade Chambers or Booker or both.

Chambers in the right package could get us a high draft pick. Maybe high enough to get a top OL player or an excellent corner.

Send Chambers and Renaldo Hill and the 71st pick round 3 to Kansas City for Green and the #23 pick inthe 1st round.

So basically what you are doing is saying we will give a 3rd round pick for Green if you give us a first for Chambers and Hill. They still have four 1st day picks to build their OL and DL. We get a QB and Joe Staley at LT so we can still trade down with the #9 and get another 2nd and maybe a third as well.

fullerboy1
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM

His explosion off the line is the fastest I've seen even at the college level. He is only 6' 180lbs but he is strong enough on film to break many tackles. He has the fastest acceleration of any player I've seen at the college level. His hands will be good enough in time, much like Randy Moss. He has experience at CB so he can be utilized like a Troy Brown if absolutely necessary. His technique is above-average for someone with limited experience at WR. He opens his hips and swings his body just like a WR should. In addition, his burst is enough a threat where non-offensive line intensive plays like flea-flickers and reverses become a true threat. He could play under center in specially designed plays and is nimble enough to evade tacklers up the middle. I think he compares very favorably to Torry Holt.

His versatility offensively would also offer tremendous value. By placing him at the Z flanker, you would allow Chambers to return to his more natural position of Y slot. Randy Moss openly admits in his first year he did not know how to run routes until mentored by Chris Carter. He ran nothing but Fly and Post patterns. Chambers and Ginn would have the same relationship, especially since the two were neighbors in Ohio and rumored to be cousins (never proven). Imagine a healthy Culpepper in a 2-WR set with Chambers at X and Ginn at the Z on the other end. The ball snaps and Chambers runs a deep drag route dragging the safety coverage while Ginn runs a fly route to the end zone. With Culpepper's arm strength, whoever is open in the scenario is scoring a TD, wherever they are on the field. It coud even go vice-versa, have Ginn run a slant and Chambers the fly route. Either one will get more open. Throw a possession receiver like Derek Hagan or Marty Booker in the mix in 4-WR sets in the red zone and the Dolphins offense suddenly becomes very potent. Since the offensive line needs work, you could even maximize efficiency by using a 3-step drop and launching toward the endzone since with a flanker of Ginn's speed, you could get away with things like that. Maybe even on a slant or curl (apparently we're becoming a WCO in this fantasy example).

His father is a coach and he taught his a son a tremendous amount of X's and O's. He has already met with the FO of the Dolphins 3 times and he is according to insiders will meet with them a fourth time. I think its a no-brainer. I think #9 is the right time for Ginn, regardless of his injury.

Man you said that so nice it makes me want to cry. Many people just dont seem to understand what Ginn jr. effect on every skill offensive player would be, he would do more than help Chambers and Booker, Daunte and Ronnie will also be able to make bigger plays for us. Everyone please repeat after me Ginn will help us win.:D

Lab3003
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
There is absolutely no reason to take a WR on the 1st day if we don't trade Chambers or Booker or both. We have 7 on the roster now and most of the guys being mentioned as draft picks may not even make the team.

Hagan played well at the end of last year as is to be expected,few rookie receivers do well immediately. He may be ready to start as our possesion receiver this year. Hakim and Campbell are blazing fast big playmakers when healthy. It will be difficult for rookies to beat these two out if they stay healthy. How well has Vick come in learning his new position. I don't think anybody knows. What we do know is the coaches were surprised by his athleticism last year. They knew he was fast but they didn't know he was really fast.

IMO we are just plain *&^%$#, &^%$, if we don't trade Chambers or Booker or both.

Chambers in the right package could get us a high draft pick. Maybe high enough to get a top OL player or an excellent corner.

Send Chambers and Renaldo Hill and the 71st pick round 3 to Kansas City for Green and the #23 pick inthe 1st round.

So basically what you are doing is saying we will give a 3rd round pick for Green if you give us a first for Chambers and Hill. They still have four 1st day picks to build their OL and DL. We get a QB and Joe Staley at LT so we can still trade down with the #9 and get another 2nd and maybe a third as well.

You also have to consider that those WR's on the roster aren't very consistent (i.e. good). Marcus Vick never displayed the skill set necessary to succeed at ANY position in the NFL, let alone WR.

I don't think the Chiefs will go for your trade offer. Also, the Dolphins are planning to keep Chambers and view him as an integral part of the offense for next year. If they didn't, they would have asked him to take pay cut or would have booted him already.

As far as Ginn making the team; if he's drafted he's starting in the 1st game of the year.

YetanotherFan
04-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Man you said that so nice it makes me want to cry. Many people just dont seem to understand what Ginn jr. effect on every skill offensive player would be, he would do more than help Chambers and Booker, Daunte and Ronnie will also be able to make bigger plays for us. Everyone please repeat after me Ginn will help us win.:D

Your not speaking to deaf ears my man. Ginn could help our offense in ways only a few other people in the league would be able to. I believe most just have a problem with drafting him at the #9 position. To me, anyone not named Johnson, Quinn, Thomas, Peterson, or Russell are stretches at #9. If we can trade down and get him great ... but I wont be mad if we draft him at #9 because 1) he is an upgrade at the WR positon and 2) would add a few new dimensions to our offense. Not to mention TG i believe will be Phin and it wont be for a 2nd round pick. have faith in our FO my fellow fans! I am repeating what you said Fuller... Ginn will help us win!!!

alen1
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM

thank you!!!! lol someone isnt finally hating on Ginn jr. .... i wood not mind at all taking ginn at nine.

fullerboy1
04-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Your not speaking to deaf ears my man. Ginn could help our offense in ways only a few other people in the league would be able to. I believe most just have a problem with drafting him at the #9 position. To me, anyone not named Johnson, Quinn, Thomas, Peterson, or Russell are stretches at #9. If we can trade down and get him great ... but I wont be mad if we draft him at #9 because 1) he is an upgrade at the WR positon and 2) would add a few new dimensions to our offense. Not to mention TG i believe will be Phin and it wont be for a 2nd round pick. have faith in our FO my fellow fans! I am repeating what you said Fuller... Ginn will help us win!!!

Yo Bro peace!! fin till the end.:ffic: