PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the Mocks...Who do you want?

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Ok all.... I know we see a lot of threads on here as far as mocks, who we need to get rid of and all that jazz.... But I want to know what the fan choice is for who you really 100% want in the draft. So lemme hear it....who do you want hands down!!!

Ginn Jr.
Quinn
Russell
L. Brown
Landry
Okoye
Other?

jason8er
04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Ok all.... I know we see a lot of threads on here as far as mocks, who we need to get rid of and all that jazz.... But I want to know what the fan choice is for who you really 100% want in the draft. So lemme hear it....who do you want hands down!!!

Ginn Jr.
Quinn
Russell
L. Brown
Landry
Okoye
Other?
I want to trade down and get Ginn Jr.

SgtPhin
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I prefer Quinn at our pick over anyone else listed. If we trade down,it would depend on which pick we had.

VT Dolphan
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Definitely Quinn.

Spicy Henne
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Quinn 100%, even if it involves trading up

If Quinn is impossible, then Ted Ginn is for sure my second choice

SuperMarksBros.
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
if miami had the #1 overall selection, i believe they would pick quinn

fishypete
04-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Trade down and select Staley, then trade up and select Kalil.

PHINishinStrong
04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Brady Quinn

MustangFinFan
04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
its cool if we get Brady Quinn...but uhh....whos gonna protect him??

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I know it is hard with the positions that we need at OL, WR and QB....

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
if miami had the #1 overall selection, i believe they would pick quinn
Him or CJ...it wouldnt be Russell.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
That would solve a lot of problems for us fishypete...then if we could wind up getting stanton or edwards later would be even sweeter!

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
its cool if we get Brady Quinn...but uhh....whos gonna protect him??

I like that kid Quinn but like you said....we need to protect whoever is back there weather it be DC, BQ, CL or anyone else for that matter. It is a big toss up really. I wouldn't want to be Cam or Randy...lol. I am sure they will get us the right personnel no matter the trade ups, trade downs or just not moving at all. I believe our FO will get the best players available at the times we pick....

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
That would solve a lot of problems for us fishypete...then if we could wind up getting stanton or edwards later would be even sweeter!

Nice scenario... I like the way you think.

Shula1
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Brady Quinn.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Nice scenario... I like the way you think.
Well, I really like Quinn...but, i also like getting a lot of good players too (that's a no-brainer, i know) and i like Stanton and Edwards alot too. I just want our future QB in this draft and start building towards the future now!

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, I really like Quinn...but, i also like getting a lot of good players too (that's a no-brainer, i know) and i like Stanton and Edwards alot too. I just want our future QB in this draft and start building towards the future now!

But then again....your not alone there. We all think the same. I would love to see Quinn. I would also love to see C-Pep come back 100%. I just think we need to go offense and get as many picks in that aspect as possible. Mutiple OL if possible....maybe 2 or 3. Mayeb a WR or 2... then get the BPA when it comes to later picks. This is gonna be a long 18 days till the draft... A real long wait.....:shakeno:

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Quinn, CJ, Ginn, Brown, or Staley as a reach. I'd prefer Quinn but we'll likely get Ginn or Brown unless we trade up.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
But then again....your not alone there. We all think the same. I would love to see Quinn. I would also love to see C-Pep come back 100%. I just think we need to go offense and get as many picks in that aspect as possible. Mutiple OL if possible....maybe 2 or 3. Mayeb a WR or 2... then get the BPA when it comes to later picks. This is gonna be a long 18 days till the draft... A real long wait.....:shakeno:
You got that right...a really long wait...im ready for it to get here!

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 12:07 PM
You got that right...a really long wait...im ready for it to get here!

Yup.... Then the threads of "I can't believe we got that bum" or "Our draft sucked" threads will start...lmao.

ncdolfan
04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
If Brady Quinn is not available, I like the trade down option. Trade downs are hard to pull off though - I'm hoping Adrian Peterson is still on the board when the Dolphins pick as the Bills/Packers/Titans may want to jump in front of the Texans to pick him.

I like the trade down for Staley and possibly end up with another 2nd round or 3rd round pick. With four picks in rounds 2/3, I'd love it if the Dolphins could grab:

- another OL (some of the better guards should be available there)
- QB (Stanton/Edwards/Beck/Kolb)
- Pass catching threat (WR or TE)
- DE

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
If Brady Quinn is not available, I like the trade down option. Trade downs are hard to pull off though - I'm hoping Adrian Peterson is still on the board when the Dolphins pick as the Bills/Packers/Titans may want to jump in front of the Texans to pick him.

I like the trade down for Staley and possibly end up with another 2nd round or 3rd round pick. With four picks in rounds 2/3, I'd love it if the Dolphins could grab:

- another OL (some of the better guards should be available there)
- QB (Stanton/Edwards/Beck/Kolb)
- Pass catching threat (WR or TE)
- DE

As much as a stud AP is... I think we will be fine at the RB position. With RW possibly coming back... I am quite happy knowing we have RB and RW in the backfield.

I would love to get about 3 OL in this draft. Put some big youth up there to protect whoever we have at QB ya know....

PhinfanUK
04-10-2007, 12:35 PM
As much as I have always been a huge fan of Culpepper (even before he got here) it seems more and more likely to me that he gets cut and we bring Green in. If that's the case I really want us to move up and get Quinn. IMO he is the most polished QB prospect to come along in a long time (except for Matt Leinart of course) and I think he could step in right away for us. If that's not the way we go then I think we need to trade down and grab an extra second round pick. A lot of mock drafts have Peterson falling to our spot and I think a lot of teams will want to jump ahead of the Texans for him. Another player who a few drafts have falling (but wont IMO) is Gaines Adams. If he falls there will be another load of interested trade partners.

If we miss out on Quinn I want to trade down and grab Staley, Ginn or Bowe and then take Trent Edwards in round two as well as another lineman. If we do grab Quinn in the first round we'd better pray that Anthoyn Alabi is as promising as we have been led to believe.

miamiron
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM

NICE...VERY NICE

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
As much as I have always been a huge fan of Culpepper (even before he got here) it seems more and more likely to me that he gets cut and we bring Green in. If that's the case I really want us to move up and get Quinn. IMO he is the most polished QB prospect to come along in a long time (except for Matt Leinart of course) and I think he could step in right away for us. If that's not the way we go then I think we need to trade down and grab an extra second round pick. A lot of mock drafts have Peterson falling to our spot and I think a lot of teams will want to jump ahead of the Texans for him. Another player who a few drafts have falling (but wont IMO) is Gaines Adams. If he falls there will be another load of interested trade partners.

If we miss out on Quinn I want to trade down and grab Staley, Ginn or Bowe and then take Trent Edwards in round two as well as another lineman. If we do grab Quinn in the first round we'd better pray that Anthoyn Alabi is as promising as we have been led to believe.

I hear ya there but if we did that, I would rather take Drew Stanton or maybe Trent Edwards as an alternate. I know DS is a little injury proned but he has decent to good mechanics. Who knows where this draft may go. There is so many draft scenarios out there, it is hard to keep track. So far I think I have read about 100 mocks that have about 3 of the top 8 trading down or up or out of the draft. It is so hard to tell nowadays what will happen. Could it all be smoke screens where everyone stays put...maybe. Could actual trades happen to better our number of picks...possibly. That is why I get paid crap because I don't have to make those kinds of decisions....:goof:

Like I said before...I am sure glad I am not Cam or Randy. I am sure if they pick awesome or bad...they will be scrutinized because they didn't pick whoever the fans wanted them to pick unless the consensus pick (ie...Quinn, CJ or maybe L. Brown) was picked. I think if it were anybody outside of what the current mocks have...the FO may get a beating from the fans....lol.

sshaffer76
04-10-2007, 01:15 PM
If Quinn is there we take him, if not I think Ginn has bust written all over him, I also am not to sure about Levi Brown. So my picks would either be Quinn, Landry, Wills, or Okyoe.

phinphanforever
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Ginn Jr.
Quinn
Russell
L. Brown
Landry
Okoye
Other?
If I had the choice -and let it be clear that this is slightly different from if I had the number 1 selection- to select anyone it would be the following: Russell, then CJ, then Willis, then Landry.
To me, Ginn's value is somewhere in the late teens to mid twenties. L Brown is a slight stretch at nine but he could end up being the best tackle in this draft three years down the road. Okoye is a very intriguing pick but I'm a little leary of his age. How will he fill out? What kind of contract would you sign him to?
As far as Quinn is concerned, I would not take him at all with a first. He will end up being the bane of some franchise.

Adam First
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Brady Quinn

if he's taken, Levi Brown and Drew Stanton in the 2nd

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I think Willis should have been on that list. My preference is for Quinn, but if he's snapped up and I can't trade down without coming out on the short end... I go for Willis. Admittedly, we have bigger needs, but I'm more concerned about our LB depth than many here.

ZT (age.)
Porter (legal issue, age, rumors he lost a step)
Crowder (knees.)

We've been lucky with Crowder to this point, but many scouts had concerns about his knees when he came out and felt he'd have a shorter career as a result. We would be very fortunate if we can get through 2007 without having a problem with any of them, and our depth is pretty sorry if it does. A problem with any two of them would be catastrophic.

Capers would find a way to use Willis, whether it's coming in for ZT on 3rd downs, keeping the other guys fresh, or whatever, so he's my pick if Quinn is gone and I can't trade down.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Brady Quinn

if he's taken, Levi Brown and Drew Stanton in the 2nd

I could live with that.....and get at least 2 more OL in the draft. Maybe 1 with the late 2nd round pick we have. that way we get at least 2 OL and a QB with our first 3 picks.....sounds good to me.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I think Willis should have been on that list. My preference is for Quinn, but if he's snapped up and I can't trade down without coming out on the short end... I go for Willis. Admittedly, we have bigger needs, but I'm more concerned about our LB depth than many here.

ZT (age.)
Crowder (knees.)

We've been lucky with Crowder to this point, but many scouts had concerns about his knees when he came out and felt he'd have a shorter career as a result. We would be very fortunate if we can get through 2007 without having a problem with any of them, and our depth is pretty sorry if it does. A problem with any two of them would be catastrophic.

Capers would find a way to use Willis, whether it's coming in for ZT on 3rd downs, keeping the other guys fresh, or whatever, so he's my pick if Quinn is gone and I can't trade down.

I wouldn't go LB with the #9 over all. We have more holes on offense than on defense. The offense needs to be addressed now if anything else. Our defense will be good for at least 2-3 more years with our current roster. We need scoring threats and people to block. We don't have that right now.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Since this just says who do you want, and doesn't ask about relativity to our current position (#9), I chose Quinn.

Now in terms of scenerios, if we do not trade up for Quinn and he's gone at #9, I'd want to trade down and target a guy like Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, or Chris Houston, which one depnds on how far we trade back.

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't go LB with the #9 over all. We have more holes on offense than on defense. The offense needs to be addressed now if anything else. Our defense will be good for at least 2-3 more years with our current roster. We need scoring threats and people to block. We don't have that right now.

I won't spend the #9 pick on an inferior player just because he lines up on offense. Quinn is probably still my preference, but I have no problems whatsoever putting a future defensive pro bowler on this roster (Willis/Landry) just because our offense is currently weak. I do support a "top heavy" draft towards offense in this draft overall, I just don't believe need outweighs BPA in the first round.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I won't spend the #9 pick on an inferior player just because he lines up on offense. Quinn is probably still my preference, but I have no problems whatsoever putting a future defensive pro bowler on this roster (Willis/Landry) just because our offense is currently weak. I do support a "top heavy" draft towards offense in this draft overall, I just don't believe need outweighs BPA in the first round.

You may be right....who knows. Only the FO knows what they are thinking....lol. Oh well.....Come on April 28th!!!! Get this crap on the road and over with so we can deal with the threads smashing you we drafted!!!!

:goof:

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
You may be right....who knows. Only the FO knows what they are thinking....lol. Oh well.....Come on April 28th!!!! Get this crap on the road and over with so we can deal with the threads smashing you we drafted!!!!

:goof:

True. I know I for one, and probably most of the fans on FH, are going to be holding our breath every time the Commish says, "We have a trade...". It just feels like we are going to go after this draft in a way we haven't seen around here since JJ. And I welcome that!

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
True. I know I for one, and probably most of the fans on FH, are going to be holding our breath every time the Commish says, "We have a trade...". It just feels like we are going to go after this draft in a way we haven't seen around here since JJ. And I welcome that!

Oh yeah...lol. If I hear him come out like that and say we traded, I may poop myself with wonder. Wondering who the heck we are trading up or down for.... There will be a lot of drinking on that day.... also...maybe the day before and the day after and the day after and the day after....

:xii: :xii: :xii:

phinphanforever
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM

ZT (age.)
Crowder (knees.)

willis would be a solid pick for many reasons. The kid is a baller. I'm also concerned about LB depth. You can never have too many lbs in a 3-4.
I also agree about Capers being able tio find a role for him. ZT is getting up there in age, and as much as I like him, he is becoming a liability when he goes in coverage. Willis is not the best in coverage but he ain't shabby.

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
[quote=O'townPhinFan;1061962768]Oh yeah...lol. If I hear him come out like that and say we traded, I may poop myself with wonder. Wondering who the heck we are trading up or down for.... There will be a lot of drinking on that day.... also...maybe the day before and the day after and the day after and the day after....

I'll drink to that! Interesting to ponder that some of the players we don't pick will be playing for us as free agents in four, five years.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
[quote=O'townPhinFan;1061962768]Oh yeah...lol. If I hear him come out like that and say we traded, I may poop myself with wonder. Wondering who the heck we are trading up or down for.... There will be a lot of drinking on that day.... also...maybe the day before and the day after and the day after and the day after....

I'll drink to that! Interesting to ponder that some of the players we don't pick will be playing for us as free agents in four, five years.

You may be right my friend......

dolphin23
04-10-2007, 02:37 PM
if we do get stuck in the 9th spot and for some reason Quinn is still there, then its a no brainer IMO. Now if he isn't then my list goes this way in order.
1. Landry
2. Adams
3. Willis
after these three then we definetly trade down, I dont see anybody else worthy of the 9th pick after them.
4. Okoye
5. Carriker
6. Hall
7. Ginn Jr.
8. Nelson
9. L Brown

There thats my wishlist for our 1st pick.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I have been reading a lot of these post and I am happy to see most everyone is got almost the same opinion. I however don't know why some are wanting defense so much right now. Yes we have aging stars right now. They should be good to go this year and next. I really think that this draft, we should address the offense first and foremost since it seems to be more offense loaded than defense. Our glaring holes are on offense. We have a defense that is ranked in the top 5 and it looks as though we keep that group together for at least 2 more years, we can address the offense. I know we can't beat a team if we can't stop them but I also know we can beat a team if we can't score on them. Our offense has been weak for a few years now. We owe it to our defense to shore up the offense so they aren't on the field as long making them look older than they actually are.

Point is...you get a good offense so your defense doesnt have to work as hard.

HybridPHIN 23
04-10-2007, 03:16 PM
quinn/ginn/willis/landry/brown

phinphanforever
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I have been reading a lot of these post and I am happy to see most everyone is got almost the same opinion. I however don't know why some are wanting defense so much right now. Yes we have aging stars right now. They should be good to go this year and next. I really think that this draft, we should address the offense first and foremost since it seems to be more offense loaded than defense. Our glaring holes are on offense. We have a defense that is ranked in the top 5 and it looks as though we keep that group together for at least 2 more years, we can address the offense. I know we can't beat a team if we can't stop them but I also know we can beat a team if we can't score on them. Our offense has been weak for a few years now. We owe it to our defense to shore up the offense so they aren't on the field as long making them look older than they actually are.

Point is...you get a good offense so your defense doesnt have to work as hard.
This year's draft favours defensive players in my opinion. You take the best player available. when you start drafting based on need, more times often than not, you end up with a bust.
The defense is definitely the strength of the team but that doesn't mean we should rest on our laurels. I feel that we are 2 players awya from having a dominant defense. This isn't to suggest we should ignore the offense but apart from Russell and CJ, maybe Peterson, I don't see a lot of studs on offense this year. There are obviously some good players, but again, I don't see any other real impact players.
Russell is such a phenomenon and even though I don't think he is a great fit would be a good fit for Cam's offense, I'd be thrilled to get him but it will never happen. None of the other QBs interest me at all, not in the first anyway.
CJ will be a star but I am generally opposed to taking a WR that high. They just don't impact the game the way a QB, RB or a defensive player does.
Peterson is the best RB available but with the likely return of Ricky, and with Ronnie, we really don't need a RB.
Your point about having a good offense so your defense doen't have to work as hard can be reversed: A great defense takes a lot of pressure of the offense.
In 2 years, who knows what our defense will be like. ZT, despite having a solid season, is getting up there in age. K Traylor is no spring chicken and he plays a vital role. We have some holes on the d-line.

Kyfinsfan
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Just pick at least 2 guys on the first day in the OL.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Just pick at least 2 guys on the first day in the OL.

I agree 100%.

J-REMEDY
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
quinn and if hes gone move down some and get ginn

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Since this just says who do you want, and doesn't ask about relativity to our current position (#9), I chose Quinn.

Now in terms of scenerios, if we do not trade up for Quinn and he's gone at #9, I'd want to trade down and target a guy like Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, or Chris Houston, which one depnds on how far we trade back.

I guess it all depends on what other teams doreally. Ya know...other teams trading up to be in front of us or vice versa. It will drive ya batty...thats for sure.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
quinn and if hes gone move down some and get ginn

I dunno about Ginn. I am not too sold on him. I know he is great as a KR/PR... I am sure there is more WR out there with an all around package....JMO.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I dunno about Ginn. I am not too sold on him. I know he is great as a KR/PR... I am sure there is more WR out there with an all around package....JMO.

I have the same outlook. I'm not spending a 1st round pick on a kick/punt returner. As far as WR, he isn't aggressive, can't do much against the press coverage and jams at the line, is a bad route runner, and he is 5-11, 178lbs. He would get OBLITERATED if he ever went over the middle or the QB threw one too high and he had to stretch out for it.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I have the same outlook. I'm not spending a 1st round pick on a kick/punt returner. As far as WR, he isn't aggressive, can't do much against the press coverage and jams at the line, is a bad route runner, and he is 5-11, 178lbs. He would get OBLITERATED if he ever went over the middle or the QB threw one too high and he had to stretch out for it.

I totally agree. a WR to consider there might be the kid from LSU...Bowe. Then there is the likes of Meacham or Sidney Rice...there are a few decent WR out there to draft in the later rounds.... I hope we go OL in the first day tho....maybe get 2 OL if we can.....ya know..

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Damn I can't wait till April 28th. It seems like it won't or can't get here fast enough...lol.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I totally agree. a WR to consider there might be the kid from LSU...Bowe. Then there is the likes of Meacham or Sidney Rice...there are a few decent WR out there to draft in the later rounds.... I hope we go OL in the first day tho....maybe get 2 OL if we can.....ya know..

It would be excellent if we could trade to #6 for Quinn and only give the redskins our 3rd rounder, then we could go with an OT and WR in round 2. Sears, Kalil, Blalock, Satele, and Harris whould all be around in round 2, plus Sidney Rice and Jason Hill at WR (Maybe one of the 1st round WRs will slide to round 2 also).

I'd be super happy with out first 3 picks being QB, WR, OL (or OL, WR, depending on the value of the players at each position when we pick at #40 and #60).

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
It would be excellent if we could trade to #6 for Quinn and only give the redskins our 3rd rounder, then we could go with an OT and WR in round 2. Sears, Kalil, Blalock, Satele, and Harris whould all be around in round 2, plus Sidney Rice and Jason Hill at WR (Maybe one of the 1st round WRs will slide to round 2 also).

I'd be super happy with out first 3 picks being QB, WR, OL (or OL, WR, depending on the value of the players at each position when we pick at #40 and #60).

That sounds good. I think I could be happy with that. As long as we get offensive power...I will be happy with that....:cooldude:

Doyle6
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Quinn definetly, if hes not there I would take Ginn. If not I would try to trade down. IM not sure how you guys would feel about this but I would love to get Olsen if we traded down to mid first round.

Dolfan32323
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Trade down and select Staley, then trade up and select Kalil.That and possibly grabbing Beck or Edwards or even Kolb would be FANTASTIC.

O'townPhinFan
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Quinn definetly, if hes not there I would take Ginn. If not I would try to trade down. IM not sure how you guys would feel about this but I would love to get Olsen if we traded down to mid first round.

I wouldn't mind Olsen in a later round if he is there but I doubt he will be. When you look at our picks with what we need. I doubt we grab a TE anywhere before 5th rd. Stranger things have happened tho.

O'townPhinFan
04-11-2007, 07:57 AM
That and possibly grabbing Beck or Edwards or even Kolb would be FANTASTIC.

I have heard of people saying Edwards but not too sure on Beck. As far as Kolb...I have heard he isnt that great....

As far as Edwards....Does anyone know anything about him? Arm strength, stats....anything?

O'townPhinFan
04-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Well it is looking like the consensus is Quinn. Lets see what or FO does... It should make for an interesting draft especially with all the trade rumors and such...

Come on April 28th...WOOOOOOOOOOOOO......get ya drink on!!!!