PDA

View Full Version : Draft trade projections from GBN

jim1
04-10-2007, 01:13 PM
It doesn't copy and paste very clearly, try the link.

April 10, 2007
WR
#
Team
Player
POS
School
1 Oakland
Jamarcus Russell
QB
LSU
P2 Atlanta (from Detroit) Calvin Johnson
Georgia Tech
P3
Miami (from Cleveland) Brady Quinn
QB
Notre Dame
Tampa Bay Joe Thomas
OT
Wisconsin
P5
Buffalo (from Arizona) Adrian Peterson RB
Oklahoma P6
Chicago (from Washington) Laron Landry
DB
LSU
7 Minnesota Gaines Adams
DE
Clemson
P8
Detroit (from Houston thru Atlanta) Jamaal Anderson
DE
Arkansas
P9
Cleveland (from Miami) Leon Hall
CB
Michigan
P10 St. Louis (from Atlanta thru Houston)

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007tradesprojection.html

Patrick Willis LB Mississippi

Adam First
04-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Miami gets the 3rd pick overall from Cleveland for the 40th (2nd) pick and QB Daunte Culpepper.

That can work out very well for us

maverick50
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
yee haw great balls of fire i can buy this plan well, blow me down drag me behine a semi and sick hilliary clinton on me . i like this plan even though it probally isnt realistic.

Se7eN
04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
man if we were able to get that high of a pick and joe thomas was available i know its not the sexy pick but look how good it worked out for the jets last year drafting d-brick and that center

PhinfanUK
04-10-2007, 01:36 PM
We can get a starting left tackle later in the draft, and I'd still like to see what Alabi brings to the table, maybe at RT with Carey switching to LT. His ability is wasted on the right in my opinion. If we give that much up to move to #3 it had better be for Quinn or Johnson.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Miami gets the 3rd pick overall from Cleveland for the 40th (2nd) pick and QB Daunte Culpepper.

Hell yeah! When I first saw the projection, before looking at the link, I saw we moved up to #3 and instantly thought "oh crap, I wonder how much we gave up for that?", but a 1st round swap, one 2nd rounder, and Daunte is a GREAT deal, as I we would have had to give up out first and the #40 overall to move up to #4 with TB, so adding Daunte to it so we can get the Brown's #3 spot is perfect, as they were our biggest threat to take Quinn :rocker:

yader93
04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sick of people wanting to draft a LT in the first round. I have confidence in Alabi, and more than that I have all the confidence in Hudson Houck. I see that you guys forgot that for Alabi's workout Saban send Hudson Houck. And if we drafted him it must have been b/c Houck liked what he saw. Alabi is going on his third year, and maybe the development that Houck has been working on will show this year. I believe he can be a good LT. we just have to wait and see. A lot of people here expect every player we draft to start right away and be an all star, sometimes it just doesn't happen that way.

zonk4ever
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm sick of people wanting to draft a LT in the first round. I have confidence in Alabi, and more than that I have all the confidence in Hudson Houck. I see that you guys forgot that for Alabi's workout Saban send Hudson Houck. And if we drafted him it must have been b/c Houck liked what he saw. Alabi is going on his third year, and maybe the development that Houck has been working on will show this year. I believe he can be a good LT. we just have to wait and see. A lot of people here expect every player we draft to start right away and be an all star, sometimes it just doesn't happen that way.

Everybody would be thrilled if Alabi can line up and start at LT. But the tough love is he's done nothing in 2 years when he had ample opportunity. Macintosh was a free agent last year and nobody wanted him so he came back. He was so bad that the club paid big money to another Houck-type lineman; LJ Shelton who promptly laid an egg. LJ and DMAC were liabilities at OT. LJ seemed to play better at RG . Alabi had all this time to get a shot and for whatever reason, wasn't used. It's nice to be confident but, without any concrete evidence this guy can play, it's really just wishful thinking.

dolphin23
04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Everybody would be thrilled if Alabi can line up and start at LT. But the tough love is he's done nothing in 2 years when he had ample opportunity. Macintosh was a free agent last year and nobody wanted him so he came back. He was so bad that the club paid big money to another Houck-type lineman; LJ Shelton who promptly laid an egg. LJ and DMAC were liabilities at OT. LJ seemed to play better at RG . Alabi had all this time to get a shot and for whatever reason, wasn't used. It's nice to be confident but, without any concrete evidence this guy can play, it's really just wishful thinking.

Im hoping that Toledo will bring something on the table this season.

GRYPHONK
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
If that's all it took to get Quinn, Mueller would be all over it in a heartbeat.

We would still have another 2nd to get Sears and a 3rd to get Satele if he so desired.

With this trade, Cleveland might believe they could still get Peterson.

yader93
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
if we can move up in the draft we should select calvin johnson.

Finsfan1984
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
if we can move up in the draft we should select calvin johnson.
This mock has CJ going before we pick.

jonanthans
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Even Cleveland isnt that dumb. Now if you said the ninth, the 40th and Culpepper it would work, but no way are they giving up the #3 overall pick for a 2nd round pick and a Qb with a bad leg. And we'd be stupid to take that deal.

WatCanBrownDo4U
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
i hope there right cuz i want to see quinn in a dolphins uni soon or im gonna be pissed. brady quinn will decide if we make the playoffs or not. mark my word

Agent51
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Even Cleveland isnt that dumb. Now if you said the ninth, the 40th and Culpepper it would work, but no way are they giving up the #3 overall pick for a 2nd round pick and a Qb with a bad leg. And we'd be stupid to take that deal.

Um, the trade is swap 1st rounders, and they get #40 and Daunte.

jonanthans
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Um, the trade is swap 1st rounders, and they get #40 and Daunte.

not meaning to bust your chops, but that wasn't posted originally, just #3 pick for 2nd rounder and Culpepper.......
after looking at Quinn's stats, I would feel a little better about that trade now....:cooldude:

Kdawg954
04-10-2007, 05:36 PM
We would do that trade in a heart beat . . . but that trade would value Daunte as pick 60 and our 4th rounder . . . Daunte isn't worth a late second and a early 4th right now . . . its way to unrealistic. Honestly for the deal to work . . . it would be 9, 40, 71 and Daunte (valued as a late late third or early early 4th . . . which honestly is a lot for him right now) for the 3 pick . . . . and that I would not do.

zach8111
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
i dont like the trade. i think miami will wait until quinn falls to #6 and trade with washington. they will only have to give up their 3rounder and swap firsts. i have it going like this : russel, thomas, AP,CJ, adams, then quinn with miami.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
not meaning to bust your chops, but that wasn't posted originally, just #3 pick for 2nd rounder and Culpepper.......
after looking at Quinn's stats, I would feel a little better about that trade now....:cooldude:

It was posted when I read the article and this thread, which was before you posted. The very first post has it in there, and so does the explaination on the actual website. Plus, you obviously just ASSUME that moving UP in the first round means swapping 1sts, it didn't say anything about us getting TWO 1st rounders. :up:

All that aside, yes, we need Quinn :D

miamiron
04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
man if we were able to get that high of a pick and joe thomas was available i know its not the sexy pick but look how good it worked out for the jets last year drafting d-brick and that center

That center played better than D-Brick his name is Nick Mangold
and his SISTER also plays football. She plays varsity high school

maverick50
04-10-2007, 06:36 PM
i would roll if we were to draft lb patrick willis and wr craig davis and ot corry hilliard or if we draft sidney rice , te miller and qb kevin kolb that would be riveting as hanging out in the laddies lounge with no mod supervision.:ninja: :cooldude:

HybridPHIN 23
04-10-2007, 07:04 PM

thats what was said

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM

That certainly would if we're not giving them the 9. They'd have the FBI arrest Mueller for grand theft later. :lol:

Of course, they forget to say that the 9th pick is also swapped, but even then, I don't think Savage is that stupid since Daunte is not worth anything more than a 4th rounder at best and the value just doesn't add up.

Blitz
04-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd definitely swap first round picks and give up the 40th pick and Daunte Culpepper in order to land Quinn. That said, I think it's more likely Quinn falls to six and we move up with the Redskins by trading the 9th and 60th picks...The latter would be a dream, but the former would definitely make me jump for joy too.