PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

Scrap
07-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I am on the net all most all day at work. I've got a pretty easy job, with not much to do. However, I look at the list of members currently in a certain room, and almost always see the same names. What is your job that enables you to be online so much? Are we all just FinHeaven addicts? There should be a room here for FinHeaven Addicts Anonymous.Oh well...just curious.

Baz
07-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Am I on that list? When I'm not working or at camp, I'm here. Its relaxing, especially with an ice cold lemonade and the air conditioning blowing......

Scrap
07-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I see your name a lot.

When I'm at home, I get bored, and next thing you know I'm here.

Usually during the day (at work), if you don't see my name on one of these rooms, I am still on the internet somewhere. I click on this site about 30 times per day at work just to see if anything new has happened.

P4E
07-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm an Equipment Maintenance Supervisor at a puppy grinding mill.

Muck
07-07-2003, 12:21 AM
I got laid off about two months ago. So I've got nothing else to do. Before that, I was a hardware/support tech for tcwo.com.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 12:43 AM
I`m semi-retired and kicked back. :cool:

Peebs
07-07-2003, 12:58 AM
I have internet access at my new job but I don't post here from work. I did from my other job because I didn't care :D

I work for a company responsible for fixing Medical Gas operations and bio medical equipment in Hospitals and Medical Facilities all over the US. I dispatch the tech's to the facilities.

Jaydog57
07-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I got laid off about two months ago. So I've got nothing else to do. Before that, I was a hardware/support tech for tcwo.com. Dude, that clip of the guy punching in your avatar is the best. That's how I feel after a 10 hour day of school. That is great.:lol: :lol:

iceblizzard69
07-07-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm here because I am on vacation (I'm a student) and I quit my job because I worked for a bunch of morons who refused to pay me but I'm still gonna get the money I earned one way or another.

Even when I had a job, I was still here as much as I was before. I'm never really home during the afternoon anyway so I am only here during the morning and night for the most part.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 10:37 AM
This all leads me to another question. What names do you see most as "logged on"? Some of you seem like FinHeaven junkies. Who knows what I could get if I offered some of you five minutes of "FinHeaven time"......... J/k.:lol:

WeVie
07-07-2003, 10:58 AM
I am here about 90% of the time. Even if I am at work or not home or outside or whatever I just leave the window open and stay logged on. I am sure lots of others do the same and that is why is seems some are here all the time. I am only really here maybe 10% of the time that I am logged on. I sit down for a few minutes about ten times a day or so. And maybe once a day I spend an hour or so here.

Clumpy
07-07-2003, 11:22 AM
I work in a hospital lab and I do not control my workload. That's determined by how busy the ER is and by how many tests the docs for the overnight shift. But right now, I'm finishing up a long weekend, so why not relax and chat about the salary cap and how the Bills will win it all , etc :)

Scrap
07-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WeVie
I am here about 90% of the time. Even if I am at work or not home or outside or whatever I just leave the window open and stay logged on. I am sure lots of others do the same and that is why is seems some are here all the time. I am only really here maybe 10% of the time that I am logged on. I sit down for a few minutes about ten times a day or so. And maybe once a day I spend an hour or so here.

Good point. I have seen your name a lot.

Muck
07-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
Dude, that clip of the guy punching in your avatar is the best. That's how I feel after a 10 hour day of school. That is great.:lol: :lol:

Heh, it's "Michael Bolton" taking his frustration out on the fax machine in Office Space (one of the greatest movies of all time). :cool:

WharfRat
07-08-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm a network admin in the home office of a large retail chain, in all likelyhood, there is one of our stores in a mall near you! At the beginning of the year, we hit a financial crunch, and the company laid off about 20% of the home office staff, to escape that fate, I was able to take on a role on night shift... basically babysitting the servers, offering support to field personell, and ensuring the stores computers are polled by the home office servers, and the data is transferred. Pretty boring stuff, but it allows me a lot of time between 5pm and 1am to keep an eye on things here!
right now, obviously, I'm out on short-term disability due to my operation... so I'm not here as much....

Pagan
07-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Musician by night....laser engraving technician at a sign company by day.

P4E
07-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
I'm an Equipment Maintenance Supervisor at a puppy grinding mill.

I guess it's appropriate enough that I use my 1000th post to inform you that the above-referenced post was utter B.S., and that I am, in fact, an amateur gynecologist.

Sorry about all the semi-coherent blather, gang. I can't make any promises of improvement, but I can tell you that some of the drugs seem to be helping.

Go FINS!!!!!

MOULDSROCKS
07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
I'm on summer vacation, but I work at a carnival every so often. lol