PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith

Silverphin
04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Okay, here's a question: If Troy Smith was selected to be out developmental QB, how would you react?

(Please wait for poll)

zach8111
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
i think he is being way underrated and if we couldnt get quinn i wouldnt mind taking him in the 3-4 round. he has great speed an mobility. he also has a cannon for an arm.

shanem40
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
i think he has alot of upside but very raw

HybridPHIN 23
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
i'd just sit back i guess

PhinfanUK
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't mind him being our third round pick at all, he has a lot of upside.

Finfan53
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I see him at best in NFL Europe and possibly a 3rd string QB on some team....but too much of a windup in his throw, very deliberate slow release....

AZStryker
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I see him at best in NFL Europe and possibly a 3rd string QB on some team....but too much of a windup in his throw, very deliberate slow release....

Very true! If he's an undrafted FA fine otherwise it's a wasted pick IMO. Some team will gamble on him though.

Regan21286
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
If they get Smith as a low 6th/7th rounder, sure I could accept that. But anything more, and I won't be as happy considering we have other holes to fill with our other picks.

eomdtbtr
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I would praise the heavens!

SQuinn17
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Very true! If he's an undrafted FA fine otherwise it's a wasted pick IMO. Some team will gamble on him though.
couldnt have said it better myself

Hoot {MWB}
04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Good QB. Raw. Definite developmental QB at NFL stage for first couple of years. But I would be pretty happy if we got him.

miaD5499
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
we have a good amount of picks this year that if we decided to draft troy smith in one of the later rounds id be very pleased...the guys a heisman trophy winner and is no schmuck, he can play ball even though every critic over writes him. having him mold under daunte would be great, truly one of the best players who could mentor smith in his youth in the nfl. Its worth the risk if you ask me therefore if we are to select smith in no higher than the mid rounds then it wouldnt be a bad pick in my eyes

WelcomeBack
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
For me, it would depend on what round we take him in.

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Okay, here's a question: If Troy Smith was selected to be out developmental QB, how would you react?

(Please wait for poll)

No prob if he's still there late on the 2nd day and he's our second QB prospect taken that weekend. We need someone who can help us a heck of a lot sooner than Smith ever will.

CitizenSnips
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Not interested. We might as well put Marcus Vick back at QB.

daniel3
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Do you guys even know who Troy Smith is? Extremely long release? Raw? Comparable to Marcus Vick?

maverick50
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
fellow dolphin fans you can bet it all that if we take troy smith and we take wr davis we will be talking super bowl next year.
i give you my oath as a solid democrat and a honest american that we will be victorious. trust me people.

DC8
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
IMO, Troy Smith would be a great pick in the mid rounds. There's no question in my mind that if Smith would've played the way he always played before that national championship game, Troy Smith would be going in the first/second round. But since he had that ONE bad game, all of a sudden people begin to question his height and all this other stuff that wasn't even mentioned before the national championship. I just can't say that this guy would be a bad pick because he had that one bad game. He throws a beautiful ball and I would love to see him as a QB that we groom for the future. ALLOplBMHJs&mode=related&search=

Myles Fynch
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
fellow dolphin fans you can bet it all that if we take troy smith and we take wr davis we will be talking super bowl next year.
i give you my oath as a solid democrat and a honest american that we will be victorious. trust me people.

No offense, but I don't trust you. You've given me too many reasons not to.

:D

maverick50
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
why did i recommend bring eddie moore back ? you dont trust me , you will in time son .:cooldude:

TRUEPHIN
04-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I would be very happy to get Smith or Zabransky in the 4th. This is a very unimpressive group of qbs available this year, imo. No qb impresses me enough this year to draft on day 1 and those two are the only two that interest me at all. Smith is a proven winner and heisman winner (not that it means much in the NFL).
Comparing him to Marcus Vick is nonsense. Vick was average at best in college and is a complete waste of space in the NFL. If he had a different last name, nobody would even know who he is.

JC
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
the guy didn't win the heisman for nothin, he had one bad game and everyone jumps on his back

he could be the steal of the draft

Jrm_Fin_Fan
04-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Ive been wondering the Same thing. All the talk of Brady Quinn and Jamarcuss Russel what about Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith. In my mind the only down side is history shows us that Heisman trophy winners unless they are absolutly amazing dont fair well in the NFL. I did a paper on it in High school.

MarinoForPres
04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
if he can learn toplay with his size like flutie he can become something.

MarinoForPres
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah they dont do very well (hiesman winners) but thats when they go early in the draft what happens if he goes in the 3rd late i mean most guys go in the first that win the hesiman trophy.

cellman007
04-10-2007, 10:58 PM

:sidelol:

Phanatical
04-10-2007, 11:06 PM

(Please wait for poll)

I think that he is an excellent pick. How can any team overlook him? I've got him going to the Phins in the third round. :D

GO PHINS~!

Phanatical
04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
IMO, Troy Smith would be a great pick in the mid rounds. There's no question in mind that if Smith would've played the way he always played before that national championship game, Troy Smith would be going in the first/second round. But since he had that ONE bad game, all of a sudden people begin to question his height and all this other stuff that wasn't even mentioned before the national championship. I just can't say that this guy would be a bad pick because he had that one bad game. He throws a beautiful ball and I would love to see him as a QB that we groom for the future. ALLOplBMHJs&mode=related&search=

Thanks for the video, nice to see a QB that can hit the receivers in stride. He's a player that would, IMO, be a nice fit for Cam's sytem. I don't think he'll last into the mid rounds, the Phins will need to select him in the third round if they want him. GO PHINS~!

daniel3
04-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Troy would be nice in the 4th round, but I dunno about a first day choice on the guy. I don't see him having a problem of having his passes batted down, but they did bring up a good point on NFL Network once about his ability to see the field. I also dunno if we have the talent to allow him to succeed here similar to how Brees succeeded in San Diego and now New Orleans.

TexanPhinatic
04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Failing Quinn in the first, and maybe Stanton in the second (though im not sold on him there at all), getting Smith in the 3rd or 4th would be great.
Hes got everything you want in a QB. Hes a little short, but you know what, it didnt matter at OSU one bit. His line was every bit as tall as an NFL line and he still managed to find Ginn and Gonzalez down the field. Hes very mobile, very accurate, may have the second best arm behind Jamarcus, makes good decisions, is a winner.
To many people basing their opinion on ONE freaking game. Guess what, the guy hadnt played in 3 (4?) weeks, lost his best WR, and his line didnt give him more than 2 seconds to make a play all night, thats not a recipe for success. He is being massively underrated right now, mostly based on one game, pretty sad really.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:44 AM
I wouldn't mind it at all if he was drafted in the 4th round or later.

Jersey54
04-11-2007, 05:53 AM
i think he is being way underrated and if we couldnt get quinn i wouldnt mind taking him in the 3-4 round. he has great speed an mobility. he also has a cannon for an arm.

Great speed and mobility? He was bottled up pretty easily by a fast Florida team. Guess what, they're faster in the NFL. Maybe this guy becomes the next David Gerrard. Is that something we should invest in? We need a much better prospect than this!

Jersey54
04-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Wouldn't mind him being our third round pick at all, he has a lot of upside.

He's got no upside. His game will not transfer to the NFL. Sorry, go watch the Florida game again. He can run around the slow boys in the big 10 but he couldn't run from the best in the SEC and he won't be able to do a damn thing in the NFL.

Wolf13
04-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Living in Ohio I've had to endure seeing Suckeye games on TV. If anybody brings any blitzes or pressure he's toast. In their game against illinois (which OSU barely escaped) Illinios blitzed pretty much the entire second half. I think the final in that one was only 17-10 or so and I think Ginn returned a kick. Even against Michigan whenever they brought a blitz or any pressure he either was sacked, fumbled, or threw a pick. he'd be an extremly risky draftee. Could he learn and get better, possibly, but I'd only say add him if he were a FA

Captain Lou
04-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Failing Quinn in the first, and maybe Stanton in the second (though im not sold on him there at all), getting Smith in the 3rd or 4th would be great.
Hes got everything you want in a QB. Hes a little short, but you know what, it didnt matter at OSU one bit. His line was every bit as tall as an NFL line and he still managed to find Ginn and Gonzalez down the field. Hes very mobile, very accurate, may have the second best arm behind Jamarcus, makes good decisions, is a winner.
To many people basing their opinion on ONE freaking game. Guess what, the guy hadnt played in 3 (4?) weeks, lost his best WR, and his line didnt give him more than 2 seconds to make a play all night, thats not a recipe for success. He is being massively underrated right now, mostly based on one game, pretty sad really.

Watch the video again. I agree he's athletic and accurate but he's throwing to wide open receivers, and how how often is he going to his outlet receivers. He's locked in on one receiver most of the time. I don't recall seeing him read through his progressions. They don't show that in the video because he doesn't do that well. His receivers in the NFL wont be that open, especially our receivers. He would be a wasted pick. If anyone would take him it would be Cleveland, and they don't want him.

alen1
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
For me, it would depend on what round we take him in.

same here ...... awesome sig btw