PDA

View Full Version : I know this isn't football talk....



phinfan27
07-07-2003, 12:22 AM
But I had to put this on the main page. I am a Braves fan and I am stunned Willis did not make the all-star game. This folks, is the biggest travesty you will EVER see. This shows exactly what is wrong with baseball. We have a new, young, and outgoing marketable guy who is dominating the league with an average Marlins team at best. He is 8-1 with a low 2 ERA. I don't see why he isn't starting, let alone on the roster. This is sad.

Muck
07-07-2003, 12:30 AM
Because the All Star game is a popularity contest. As long as the fans have any hand in it, there's going to be injustice. :(

phinfan27
07-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Because the All Star game is a popularity contest. As long as the fans have any hand in it, there's going to be injustice. :(

No, the fans don't pick the pitchers. It was fat A$$ Dusty Baker who didn't pick Willis.

Muck
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Fans don't pick the pitchers?? I thought they only picked the starter. :confused: DOH!!

Cranx
07-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by phinfan34
But I had to put this on the main page. I am a Braves fan and I am stunned Willis did not make the all-star game. This folks, is the biggest travesty you will EVER see. This shows exactly what is wrong with baseball. We have a new, young, and outgoing marketable guy who is dominating the league with an average Marlins team at best. He is 8-1 with a low 2 ERA. I don't see why he isn't starting, let alone on the roster. This is sad.

Hmmm...a baseball "we're all roided and amphetamined up and whining about everything.." All Star game's pitcher not being selected as a starter!!! :eek: OOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

As far as this being the "biggest travesty ever," I'm afraid I can think of about a million things that would count as larger travesties; here are a few:

1. Most political systems in Africa.
2. The Global economy at the moment.
3. The affect of the SARS epidemic on the travel and semiconductor industries.
4. The U.N.'s "peacekeeping" efforts of late.
5. France.
6. The Russian's "control" over their nuclear arms.
7. The "trust" factor in corporations these day.
8. The state of the environment in Vietnam.
9. etc, etc, etc, etc.

If you want a couple of sports travesties that would count as greater here are couple:

1. Lance Armstrong never getting a nod as sportsman of the year.
2. Dan Marino never getting a ring.
3. Mark Ripien leading a team to a Super Bowl victory.
4. Baseball.
5. The Bills going to four Super Bowls in a row and losing them by ever increasing margins.

In other words, this might be the 999 trillionth biggest travesty ever, but certainly not THE biggest. :shakeno:

Can we win a SB
07-07-2003, 01:40 AM
I bet if Dontrelle was selected the tv ratings would be higher, i heard taht in the Baseball tonight show.. .He brings excitement tothe game of baseball.. cause of him , pro player had 30, 000 people of attendance and we are talking about the marlins..!!

inFINSible
07-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Expo88


Hmmm...a baseball "we're all roided and amphetamined up and whining about everything.." All Star game's pitcher not being selected as a starter!!! :eek: OOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

As far as this being the "biggest travesty ever," I'm afraid I can think of about a million things that would count as larger travesties; here are a few:

1. Most political systems in Africa.
2. The Global economy at the moment.
3. The affect of the SARS epidemic on the travel and semiconductor industries.
4. The U.N.'s "peacekeeping" efforts of late.
5. France.
6. The Russian's "control" over their nuclear arms.
7. The "trust" factor in corporations these day.
8. The state of the environment in Vietnam.
9. etc, etc, etc, etc.

If you want a couple of sports travesties that would count as greater here are couple:

1. Lance Armstrong never getting a nod as sportsman of the year.
2. Dan Marino never getting a ring.
3. Mark Ripien leading a team to a Super Bowl victory.
4. Baseball.
5. The Bills going to four Super Bowls in a row and losing them by ever increasing margins.

In other words, this might be the 999 trillionth biggest travesty ever, but certainly not THE biggest. :shakeno:

Boy, you really showed that baseball fan what a fool he is....congratulations! I bet he's sorry for caring so much about his favorite team or player....Good thing you came by and crushed his post like that. I'm sure he'll never have an opinion that differs from yours again.....:up:

dolfan87
07-07-2003, 09:19 AM
It has everything to do with getting your name out there. Brandon Webb has the second lowest ERA in all of baseball, and he isn't in the all star game. The guy has had 11 quality starts in a row (allowing 3 or less runs in at least 7 innings of work) and is only a rookie.

The All Star game is like the Pro Bowl...you go because of your past success, not your current.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible


Boy, you really showed that baseball fan what a fool he is....congratulations! I bet he's sorry for caring so much about his favorite team or player....Good thing you came by and crushed his post like that. I'm sure he'll never have an opinion that differs from yours again.....:up: :lol:Good job Infinsible. I do have to agree with him on number 4 of the sports travesties though.

iceblizzard69
07-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Dontrelle Willis should be there. I don't care that he hasn't been starting in the MLB all season, the guy is 8-1 with a sick ERA. He has done enough in a short amount of time to be playing in this game.


Also, Jamie Moyer FINALLY made an All-Star game. :) He really deserves it too.

phinfan27
07-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Dontrelle Willis should be there. I don't care that he hasn't been starting in the MLB all season, the guy is 8-1 with a sick ERA. He has done enough in a short amount of time to be playing in this game.


Also, Jamie Moyer FINALLY made an All-Star game. :) He really deserves it too.


Exactly! That is complete BS. I am so sick of the propaganda is baseball.

t2thejz
07-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Yea he got ripped off but it happens