PDA

View Full Version : big news out of cleveland!

ohiobryan
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?

miami234ever
04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the news bro. I'm more worried about Detroit. I hope this isn't just a smokescreen.

FINSFAN2781
04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?

My feeling all along is that Cleveland will take Peterson. Im not worried about CLE drafting Quinn.

MiamiMan147
04-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Its not outside the realm of possiblity that neither of the top 2 QBs get drafted in the top 5. I can see a scenario where the top 3 are Johnson - Thomas - Peterson. From there the next team that might take a QB would be the Vikings, and that's far from a lock. Quinn just may be sitting there for us at #9.

SR 7
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
My feeling all along is that Cleveland will take Peterson. Im not worried about CLE drafting Quinn.

they will dude. they need to take pressure off the QB.

miami234ever
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Who do people have Detroit taking? Is anyone more worried about Detroit than Cleveland besides me?

MustangFinFan
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
is Rueben Droughns not enough???

MustangFinFan
04-10-2007, 10:42 PM
i think Detroit has far more needs than a QB. Jon Kitna is FINE if u ask me...but they can draft Brady...sure...but who is gonna protect him??? Detroit neeeds A LOT of spots filled...and QB is one they actually are ok on.

GRYPHONK
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I think it is possible that both QB'S could fall.

It's just very hard to believe though that the draft will work out to where 2 potential frnchise QB's fall to 7. It's just hard to fathom, though when you look t the team it is a possibility

Oakland- Johnson
Detroit- Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams
Cleveland- Peterson

I mean that could very well hppen. I don't see TB, rizon or Washington taking a QB.

Who knows. Honestly I Am not worried about Detroit one bit taking a QB.

DWade FaSho
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
is Rueben Droughns not enough???

He was traded to the Giants but they have jamal lewis.

ohiobryan
04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
say one hailmary everynight until draft day i am the president of the brady quinn bandwagon let's reel him in.

zach8111
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
detroit IMO is taking thomas and clev take AP. then we will trade up with washington and it would only cost our 3 rounder

zach8111
04-10-2007, 10:58 PM
He was traded to the Giants but they have jamal lewis.
yes they have lewis but why did they only sign him for 1 year if they were gonna have him for the future. think about it. they WILL take AP in the draft

zach8111
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I think it is possible that both QB'S could fall.

It's just very hard to believe though that the draft will work out to where 2 potential frnchise QB's fall to 7. It's just hard to fathom, though when you look t the team it is a possibility

Oakland- Johnson
Detroit- Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams
Cleveland- Peterson

I mean that could very well hppen. I don't see TB, rizon or Washington taking a QB.

Who knows. Honestly I Am not worried about Detroit one bit taking a QB.
no i think russell will be taken by clev because their list in order goes like this: russell , AP, quinn, thomas. so i see quinn falling enough fo us to pick him up where we dont have to give away alot of picks only 1 third rounder

miami234ever
detroit IMO is taking thomas and clev take AP. then we will trade up with washington and it would only cost our 3 rounder

But why would DET take Thomas?

GMP-AGAIN

I'm a little concerned that Brady Quinn has not played enough top quality, pro-style teams to come in and make an immediate difference for the Fins. Having read that the Fins were also planning on meeting with JaMarcus Russell, I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade for the #1 pick, or deal with Oakland after they pick Russell. It just seems something might be in the works. Obviously, I'd much prefer Russell to Quinn. I will be greatly surprised if Russell does not succeed in his very first year with his first pro team. :)

zach8111
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
But why would DET take Thomas?
there o-line is horrible and they still have kitna. i think therewill go after stanton in the second cuz they will have first shot at him before any other team other than oakland and they take russell. i think they are gonna be a little hesitate to pick another QB in the first after what happened to joey

zach8111
04-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm a little concerned that Brady Quinn has not played enough top quality, pro-style teams to come in and make an immediate difference for the Fins. Having read that the Fins were also planning on meeting with JaMarcus Russell, I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade for the #1 pick, or deal with Oakland after they pick Russell. It just seems something might be in the works. Obviously, I'd much prefer Russell to Quinn. I will be greatly surprised if Russell does not succeed in his very first year with his first pro team. :)
every team is having interviews with russel and quinn and johnson and all the top ten projections cuz they want to know the guy and see how good he really is in case they happen to fall to them. they will NOT trade up to number 1 spot. it will cost tooooooooooooo much. i think we could gety quinn with only losing our 3 rounder.

AtomX666
04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
I cant say enough how much I hate trading up.I f we trade up for anyone it should be Calvin Johnson and that aint gonna happen.I like Quinn alot,way more than Russell.Many a team has blown a high draft pick on a bum.Sure we could get a Peyton,Elway,or Tomlinson type player.Or we could be giving up picks,which we havent had alot of the last few years,for Carr,Harrington,Mirer,Leaf,Kijana,Akili,Blair Thomas,Gallery or dare i say Eli.We gotta stand pat.CJ seems like the surest thing out there.But remember Charles Rogers.That guy was more of a sure thing than Calvin,and lokk where he wound up.This team throughout my years as a fan(84) has had its only success with the later picks.How many QBs went before Marino?Maybe we should have traded up for Obrien,Blackledge,or Eason . Zach,JT, Madison, Surtain ,Bowens, Chambers, Gardner, McMichael,none of these guys were the top 2 or 3 at there position,but we had a nice run despite where they are now.Maybe we were a dumb luck pick of a sixth round backup college QB of us being a dynasty.Ronnie was a number 2,Im not dissin him,but did he turn our franchise around.keep the picks,try and get more and look to the late 1st thru 3rd.I'd rather take my chances on the Staley,Stanton, Merriwether,Leonard,Eric Wright,Ben Patrick,Sabby Piscatelli type of guys than put all the eggs in the Quinn basket.At 9 grab him in a heartbeat.Otherwise build a team for tomorrow.

GRYPHONK
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
no i think russell will be taken by clev because their list in order goes like this: russell , AP, quinn, thomas. so i see quinn falling enough fo us to pick him up where we dont have to give away alot of picks only 1 third rounder

That's if you believe what is reported on NFL live

I am sure teams aren't gonna legitally give out info on who their pecking order is. It would give Cleveland no leverage if they threated to take someone else. I also don't believe they would take Russel over Quinn. It is just my opinion

But I do agree. Quinn can and might fall to 6 which we gotta take advantage of.

7Kit
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
How can anyone see the Raiders not taking a QB? That franchise is circling the drain and they need a new face for the franchise. The only other option for them at #1 is Calvin Johnson, and w/ Randy Moss and CJ, who will get them the ball? Marques Tuiasosopo? Andrew Walters? Josh Booty? They desperately need a QB.

Joe Thomas is likely to go within the top 5 as the only top line O-Lineman. And i'm not so sure that the Browns take Peterson. They did pick up Jamal Lewis. and peterson has a history of injuries. the browns have other needs they could address or pick up a good defensive player. Quinn is more likely to slip down, and even then, he may not fall to us.

Hoot {MWB}
04-10-2007, 11:41 PM
lol this stuff cracks me up. How can you take the word of any team about who they are going to pick, or even focusing on? It's all smoke and mirrors before the draft. Heck, look at Braylon Edwards. Phins flat out told him they were going to pick him, then they go with Ronnie Brown. Braylon said he was a little hurt by the ordeal, but found out it's business real quick (sad to see).

So they are eyeing Peterson, well of course they are, who wouldn't. The guy is phenomenal. Doesn't mean a thing about them not taking Quinn, doesn't mean a thing about Detroit not taking Quinn. Not trying to be harsh at all, just pointing out the obvious. Smoke and mirrors. Until I see a player literally signed before the draft, there are no promises.

MrClean
04-11-2007, 12:26 AM
lol this stuff cracks me up. How can you take the word of any team about who they are going to pick, or even focusing on? It's all smoke and mirrors before the draft. Heck, look at Braylon Edwards. Phins flat out told him they were going to pick him, then they go with Ronnie Brown. Braylon said he was a little hurt by the ordeal, but found out it's business real quick (sad to see).

So they are eyeing Peterson, well of course they are, who wouldn't. The guy is phenomenal. Doesn't mean a thing about them not taking Quinn, doesn't mean a thing about Detroit not taking Quinn. Not trying to be harsh at all, just pointing out the obvious. Smoke and mirrors. Until I see a player literally signed before the draft, there are no promises.

:yeahthat: There is at least one person here with a logical outlook. You basically echoed my thoughts to the letter.

Phins19
04-11-2007, 12:27 AM

i think its just a publicity stunt that all the teams are/will be pulling to throw us fans as well as other teams off. im sure each team is interested in 2-3 different people they would like to pull in at their spot. just reading these boards i think ive heard of like 3 or 4 different people Miami would like to pull in at #9.

Mr.Majestik
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
a particular player going to a particular franchise you can almost certainly toss it. If the word is that Cleveland is going to draft Peterson, they are not going to draft Peterson. How many times do we have to hear that a guy is climbing into this spot, or that, only to discover after the draft it was a head fake? What sense does it make for the Cleveland Browns to take Adrian Peterson? They don't have a franchise quarterback. Franchise running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, they can be drafted at any spot, in any round. What's the logic in paying a running back top 3 money when the running back class is very deep and you could get a premium player at that position in the second round, or third? The chance of drafting a premium quarterback prospect at that point are small.

dahlmarino
04-11-2007, 01:02 AM
If Cleveland really is in "win now" mode, I think a QB is the last thing on their mind, considering how much a QB would have to learn coming to a new team, let alone moving up from college to the Pro's. My guess is that they have 2 players in mind: Joe Thomas and AP. If they get Thomas, the left side of their line looks pretty good right now, and they could get Kenny Irons or another starter-ready RB in the second. If they get AP, they still get a player who can contribute right away, and someone who could also take a lot of pressure off whoever lines up under center (most likely Frye or Andersen).

MarinoForPres
04-11-2007, 01:43 AM
i can see that

Agent51
04-11-2007, 01:56 AM

No, that leaves nothing because for one, nothing that is said leading up to the draft can be trusted, and 2 "eyeing" a player is not garunteeing you are taking him.

That being said, should it happen that Detroit passes and Cleveland takes Adrian, I want to trade up with the Redskins to take him because it is cheaper than trading up to 4 or 5 (ot to mention those are useless trades since TB and Arizona don't need QBs) and it still puts us before Minny.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
I can see Cleveland passing on Quinn and taking Peterson. I cannot see them passing on Russell though. There's no way Russell falls out of the top 3 in my opinion. Miami would need to trade up to 6 to assure themselves of getting Quinn because I believe Minnesota will take him at 7 unless Landry drops to them.

pfcomics
04-11-2007, 02:13 AM
What I wonder is, why doesn't anyone make mention of the fact that there are a number of teams that draft after the Dolphins that could use a really good shot at a franchise QB (like Quinn) and just might trade over us? I recognize that we have the ninth pick which affords us more leverage on that principle alone but what other teams after us could really make the plunge??

Andrew @ Pulp Fiction

Agent51
04-11-2007, 02:14 AM
I can see Cleveland passing on Quinn and taking Peterson. I cannot see them passing on Russell though. There's no way Russell falls out of the top 3 in my opinion. Miami would need to trade up to 6 to assure themselves of getting Quinn because I believe Minnesota will take him at 7 unless Landry drops to them.

Landry will be there at 7 (who else will take him?), but the question is does Minny pick him over Quinn? I go back and forth all the time.

On one hand, Minny spent a 2nd rounder (and I believe traded up for) Tavarius Jackson last year, and while he had a bad year, he WAS a rookie and it seems too early to give up on an investment like that.

On the other, Quinn is a special talent and Tavarius DOESN'T appear to be the answer, so they may just cut their losses and nab Quinn if he fall sin their lap and chalk up the investment in Jackson last year as part of the investment in Quinn.

Aqua4Ever04
04-11-2007, 02:21 AM
I too thought Cleveland would get Peterson all along.

My first 10 mock

1. Oakland- Jamarcus Russell
2. Detroit- Joe Thomas
3. Cleveland- Adrian Peterson
4. Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona- Gaines Adams
6. Miami (trade up) - Brady Quinn
7. Minnesota- Ted Ginn Jr.
8. Atlanta- Laron Landry
9. Washington- Jamaal Anderson
10. Houston- Levi Brown

Todd McShay is saying that Quinn will be this year's Leinart and will be a Viking or a Dolphin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2831677&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft07%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2831677

Can't read the whole article unless you are an insider, but there it is.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:27 AM
What I wonder is, why doesn't anyone make mention of the fact that there are a number of teams that draft after the Dolphins that could use a really good shot at a franchise QB (like Quinn) and just might trade over us? I recognize that we have the ninth pick which affords us more leverage on that principle alone but what other teams after us could really make the plunge??

Andrew @ Pulp Fiction
Teams right behind Miami are no threat to trade all the way up to draft Quinn. Here are the teams behind Miami:

10. Texans...just gave Matt Schaub $49 Million. No chance.
11. 49ers...Alex Smith. No chance.
12. Bills...J.P. Losman progressed really well at the end of last year. Highly doubtful.
13. Rams...Marc Bulger. No chance.
14. Panthers...Jake Delhomme is getting older but it's doubtful they trade up all the way up to take Quinn. Doubtful.
15. Steelers...Ben Roethlisberger. No chance.
16. Packers...They have a 1st round QB in Aaron Rodgers. Highly doubtful.
17. Jaguars...They aren't happy with the QB position but I don't think they have the ammo to move up that far. Doubtful
18. Bengals...Carson Palmer. No chance.
19. Titans...Vince Young. No chance.
20. Giants...Eli Manning. No chance.
21. Broncos...Jay Cutler. No chance.
22. Cowboys...Tony Romo. No chance.

There's only 2 teams in the next 13 picks with any possibility of moving up to take Quinn and those 2 teams have other needs before the QB position.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Landry will be there at 7 (who else will take him?), but the question is does Minny pick him over Quinn? I go back and forth all the time.

On one hand, Minny spent a 2nd rounder (and I believe traded up for) Tavarius Jackson last year, and while he had a bad year, he WAS a rookie and it seems too early to give up on an investment like that.

On the other, Quinn is a special talent and Tavarius DOESN'T appear to be the answer, so they may just cut their losses and nab Quinn if he fall sin their lap and chalk up the investment in Jackson last year as part of the investment in Quinn.
I think there's a small chance that Washington could take Landry. Plus, there's that rumor about New England trading the 28th pick and Asante Samuel to Washington for the 6th pick so they can draft Landry.

Agent51
04-11-2007, 02:43 AM
I think there's a small chance that Washington could take Quinn. Plus, there's that rumor about New England trading the 28th pick and Asante Samuel to Washington for the 6th pick so they can draft Landry.

I really think if Quinn falls past the top 3 we'd have to screw up BIG time NOT to land him. Washington has NO picks after their 1st rounder. There next pick is round FIVE. They are practically BEGGING to trade down, and we are practically begging for a franchise QB. It's a match made in heaven, so long as he gets past Detroit and Cleveland. Washington NEEDS more picks, so even if they COULD use Quinn (doubtful since Campbell was a 1st rounder), it isn't such a need that they would pass up the chance at getting extra picks to do so.

I personally think Brady Quinn is a Miami Dolphin so long as he escapes Detroit and Cleveland.

WestCKoastiN
04-11-2007, 02:48 AM
good news.

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:49 AM
I really think if Quinn falls past the top 3 we'd have to screw up BIG time NOT to land him. Washington has NO picks after their 1st rounder. There next pick is round FIVE. They are practically BEGGING to trade down, and we are practically begging for a franchise QB. It's a match made in heaven, so long as he gets past Detroit and Cleveland. Washington NEEDS more picks, so even if they COULD use Quinn (doubtful since Campbell was a 1st rounder), it isn't such a need that they would pass up the chance at getting extra picks to do so.

I personally think Brady Quinn is a Miami Dolphin so long as he escapes Detroit and Cleveland.
Oops. I didn't mean to say there's a small chance Washington could take Quinn, I meant Landry. I think they are more than happy with developing Jason Campball. I agree with you about Quinn slipping past Cleveland though. Something tells me that Minnesota will not take Quinn. He doesn't seem like their type of player. Hopefully Childress and the staff feel the same way. I just wish the draft was this Saturday instead of the 28th.

Agent51
04-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Oops. I didn't mean to say there's a small chance Washington could take Quinn, I meant Landry. I think they are more than happy with developing Jason Campball. I agree with you about Quinn slipping past Cleveland though. Something tells me that Minnesota will not take Quinn. He doesn't seem like their type of player. Hopefully Childress and the staff feel the same way. I just wish the draft was this Saturday instead of the 28th.

Yeah really, this time of year is WAY to stressful for me :lol:

Football is the only sport I follow, the rest either bore me (baseball, hockey), don't interest me one bit (basketball), or only occasionally interest me if nothings on (NASCAR), but I follow football (college and pro) HARDCORE, and this time of year is absolute hell. It's so slow for news and action, and what "news" we do get cannot be trusted on bit, so it drives me crazy. 17 more days though, and then we get 2 days of more football stats and facts than we can handle, then NOTHING til training camp. It's like going on a giant binge before rehab :lol:

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Yeah really, this time of year is WAY to stressful for me :lol:

Football is the only sport I follow, the rest either bore me (baseball, hockey), don't interest me one bit (basketball), or only occasionally interest me if nothings on (NASCAR), but I follow football (college and pro) HARDCORE, and this time of year is absolute hell. It's so slow for news and action, and what "news" we do get cannot be trusted on bit, so it drives me crazy. 17 more days though, and then we get 2 days of more football stats and facts than we can handle, then NOTHING til training camp. It's like going on a giant binge before rehab :lol:
Oh that must be tough not following any other sports. If I was just a football fan I would be going crazy at this point. Thank God I'm a diehard Yankees fan and a big Nets fan. I don't know what I'd do from May until August in the sporting world.

miamiron
04-11-2007, 05:34 AM

If you believe anything you hear this time of the year weeks before the draft then you need your head examined...NO GM is going to tell you anything of worth...it's a game of disinformation...look it up...disinformation!!:tantrum:

PhinfanUK
04-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Who do people have Detroit taking? Is anyone more worried about Detroit than Cleveland besides me?

I'm more worried about Detroit than Cleveland. Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson are both young guys coming into their third season, I think they take AD. I figure their defense will be pretty solid this year, they might be able to ride AD and Jamal Lewis to the playoffs.

Elliott 1
04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
What is real is that Josh McCown wants to be traded. WHY????

Isn't it obvious??? He knows the Lions are drafting a QB and he is going to fade from the picture in Detroit.

DETROIT IS DRAFTING QB IN THE 1ST ROUND.

phinphanforever
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I think its fantastic. I'm so glad the Browns are not eying Quinn and are focussing on Peterson. Even better that they shared it with the public. I mean, what good does it do for the average NFL fan to just be waiting for months ahead of time speculating on who your team will draft?
Really impressive move by Phil Savage and the Cleveland Browns to let it be known they eyeing Peterson rather than Quinn. What possible reasons could they have to misguide others by suggesting they are interested in someone they aren't?
I really hope that this groundbreaking development you have shared with us is an omen of things to come. Maybe Romeo Crennel will set a precedent in playcalling this upcoming season. I'm hoping that he finally gets rid of that pesky 'play-action' and that other coaches will see the light and follow suit. I mean really, just like the strategy in the draft, what good does it do to make others think you are going to do one thing, and then fool everybody by doing sonmething else? Seriously, isn't that dishonest?:err:

vafin72
04-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't forget the possibility that Minnesota would swap with Washington if they really wanted Quinn and they felt Miami was going to swap with Washington to get Quinn. If Arizona had already picked, Miami would have no options.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
the signing of jamal lewis combined with the trading of drougns pretty much convinced me that cleveland is drafting peterson. no question. unless....russell is there. and he will be. peterson falls to the cardinals, the vikings go defense, miami gets quinn. :)

BlueFin
04-11-2007, 09:20 AM
C'mon Bryan, how many pre-drafts and drafts have you been through?

This certainly doesn't qualify as news, and it certainly is nothing to put any credibility in.

Finfanforever
04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
C'mon Bryan, how many pre-drafts and drafts have you been through?

This certainly doesn't qualify as news, and it certainly is nothing to put any credibility in.

Blue,

I think if you hear it now...it's probably pure bull! (smokescreen).
My thought for what its worth is:
1. Oakland goes CJ or Russell...I think Russell.
2. Detroit really holds ALL the cards for a Quinn drop. I really think the Lions are desparate to TRADE DOWN. I think the Lions can fill a OL or DL need below #12 slot and grab a boat-load of picks in the process. If they can't trade down, I do think they go with Thomas.
3. Cleveland will take Russell if he slides but my thought is Crennell HAS TO show some improvement THIS year or he's in serious hot water. I don't think that Quinn or Russell for that matter provides them the immediate impact that Peterson does. Just my opinion but I think the Browns take Peterson and think QB in rounds 2 or 3 along with making a serious push for Green. What say you?

FINFAN15
04-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Jamal Lewis is signed only to a 1 year contract we know his best football is behind him Peterson is a great fit for the Browns with lewis there to show him the ropes.Romeo is in hot water in Cleveland and needs and impact player who can come in right away and start.Quinn does not give him that.Hope he falls should be interesting how this plays out.

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Its not outside the realm of possiblity that neither of the top 2 QBs get drafted in the top 5. I can see a scenario where the top 3 are Johnson - Thomas - Peterson. From there the next team that might take a QB would be the Vikings, and that's far from a lock. Quinn just may be sitting there for us at #9.

My own personal feeling is to sit tight and see how the top 4 plays out. If Quinn gets past the Browns then I think Mueller should try and trade down to 5 or 6 to get past the Vikings. That wouldn't cost too much. Trading up any higher would cost too much IMO.

BlueFin
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Blue,

I think if you hear it now...it's probably pure bull! (smokescreen).
My thought for what its worth is:
1. Oakland goes CJ or Russell...I think Russell.
2. Detroit really holds ALL the cards for a Quinn drop. I really think the Lions are desparate to TRADE DOWN. I think the Lions can fill a OL or DL need below #12 slot and grab a boat-load of picks in the process. If they can't trade down, I do think they go with Thomas.
3. Cleveland will take Russell if he slides but my thought is Crennell HAS TO show some improvement THIS year or he's in serious hot water. I don't think that Quinn or Russell for that matter provides them the immediate impact that Peterson does. Just my opinion but I think the Browns take Peterson and think QB in rounds 2 or 3 along with making a serious push for Green. What say you?

I'm still working on my final thoughts, but as of today this is how I see it:

Call this BlueFin Mock version 1.0

1) Oakland - Calvin Johnson, I'm convinced this is their pick, you simply can't pass on a sure thing of this caliber, and this guy is as sure a thing as I've seen. I believe Oakland will obtain a Vet QB and probably draft a QB at the top of round two (Trent Edwards).

2) Detroit - Joe Thomas, I really think Detroit would like to trade down, but finding a partner is much harder than most of Finheaven thinks. CJ going first eliminates a Tampa tradeup which I thought was their best chance of finding a partner. I think the price for Miami will be too much to get this high and ultimately Matt Millen takes the safe choice here, not much of a bust factor with Joe Thomas.....Millen needs to hit with this pick.

3) Cleveland - Jamarcus Russell.

4) Tampa - Amobi Okoye, Monte Kiffin finally replaces Warren Sapp.

5) Arizona - Gaines Adams

6) Miami (from Washington) - Brady Quinn - If your gonna draft your franchise QB, best time for a new regime to do it is year one, Miami gives up either pick 60, or their third rounder and and a seventh.

Again, I reserve the right to change my mind, but this is what I feel will happen right now.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-11-2007, 10:31 AM
i like that top 6, bluefin. makes a lot of sense.

phinphanforever
04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm still working on my final thoughts, but if as of today this is how I see it:

1) Oakland - Calvin Johnson, I'm convinced this is their pick, you simply can't pass on a sure thing of this caliber, and this guy is as sure a thing as I've seen. I believe Oakland will obtain a Vet QB and probably draft a QB at the top of round two (Trent Edwards).

2) Detroit - Joe Thomas, I really think Detroit would like to trade down, but finding a partner is much harder than most of Finheaven thinks. CJ going first eliminates a Tampa tradeup which I thought was their best chance of finding a partner. I think the price for Miami will be too much to get this high and ultimately Matt Millen takes the safe choice here, not much of a bust factor with Joe Thomas.....Millen needs to hit with this pick.

6) Miami (from Washington) - Brady Quinn - If your gonna draft your franchise QB, best time for a new regime to do it is year one, Miami gives up either pick 60, or their third rounder and and a seventh.

Again, I reserve the right to change my mind, but this is what I feel will happen right now.
I find it very hard to believe that the bUcs would take Okoye at 4. I could be wrong but it jsut doesn't make much sense to me.

Wolf13
04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I myself would love to see Quinn drop past Detroit and Cleveland. But Learner has said that Crennel/Savage are not on the hot seat this year to win, the team just needs to show improvement, so this part worries me that the AP news is just a smoke screen. A lot of the Cleveland fans I know have been saying that they would like to see Antonio Pittman (OSU RB - Only Suckeye that showed any life against Florida except Ginn) drafted in the later rounds with a lineman added with their 2nd.

If we don't get Quinn (be it pick 4,5, or 6) we need to get either Stanton, Kolb or Edwards with either of our two seconds or our third rounder

BlueFin
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I find it very hard to believe that the bUcs would take Okoye at 4. I could be wrong but it jsut doesn't make much sense to me.

Okoye has as much upside as any player in this draft, he is a disruptive force at 19 years old and should only get bigger and better with a couple more years on him, I believe that your not hearing about him going as high as number 4 because teams are hoping he'll slip, he'll be a fast riser come draft day and won't in my opinion last past number 8. Tampa is a perfect home for him and their style of defense, and they badly need to add a young stud defender.

fishypete
04-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm still working on my final thoughts, but if as of today this is how I see it:

Perhaps you may have to wait to choose Tampa's pick..

Rumors are circulating around the league that Bucs HB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams is on the trading block and could be moved on Draft day...Bucs Coach Jon Gruden has been talking up Adrian Peterson which most observers believe is just a smokescreen to draw interest to the Bucs pick for a team that has Peterson high on their Draft want list...however...Peterson could wind up being a surprise pick for the Bucs if they fail in their attempt to move up in the Draft for WR Calvin Johnson.... their have been whispers that the Bucs organization has been dissapointed in the return they've received for the former 5th overall pick in the 2005 Draft and would consider moving him for the right price.

BlueFin
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Rumors are circulating around the league that Bucs HB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams is on the trading block and could be moved on Draft day...Bucs Coach Jon Gruden has been talking up Adrian Peterson which most observers believe is just a smokescreen to draw interest to the Bucs pick for a team that has Peterson high on their Draft want list...however...Peterson could wind up being a surprise pick for the Bucs if they fail in their attempt to move up in the Draft for WR Calvin Johnson.... their have been whispers that the Bucs organization has been dissapointed in the return they've received for the former 5th overall pick in the 2005 Draft and would consider moving him for the right price.

Hard to believe a Cadilac Williams (like a Ronnie Brown) would be tradable with the size of the signing bonuses they received and acceleration thereof if they were traded.

Now maybe Tampa will carry two backs like many teams are now, I could see that, but more likely, Tampa is fishing for a trading partner, which I don't think they will find.

But, I don't choose their players for them, just giving an opinion.

fishypete
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Hard to believe a Cadilac Williams (like a Ronnie Brown) would be tradable with the size of the signing bonuses they received and acceleration thereof if they were traded.

Now maybe Tampa will carry two backs like many teams are now, I could see that, but more likely, Tampa is fishing for a trading partner, which I don't think they will find.

But, I don't choose their players for them, just giving an opinion.

Sometimes the biggest trades are the ones we don't expect. The Caddy just may look good to the Giants.

NorFlaFin
04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Teams right behind Miami are no threat to trade all the way up to draft Quinn. Here are the teams behind Miami:

10. Texans...just gave Matt Schaub $49 Million. No chance.
11. 49ers...Alex Smith. No chance.
12. Bills...J.P. Losman progressed really well at the end of last year. Highly doubtful.
13. Rams...Marc Bulger. No chance.
14. Panthers...Jake Delhomme is getting older but it's doubtful they trade up all the way up to take Quinn. Doubtful.
15. Steelers...Ben Roethlisberger. No chance.
16. Packers...They have a 1st round QB in Aaron Rodgers. Highly doubtful.
17. Jaguars...They aren't happy with the QB position but I don't think they have the ammo to move up that far. Doubtful
18. Bengals...Carson Palmer. No chance.
19. Titans...Vince Young. No chance.
20. Giants...Eli Manning. No chance.
21. Broncos...Jay Cutler. No chance.
22. Cowboys...Tony Romo. No chance.

There's only 2 teams in the next 13 picks with any possibility of moving up to take Quinn and those 2 teams have other needs before the QB position.

It's entirely possible the Phins could trade with the Steelers and still get Brady Quinn. The Panthers are a possibility however the KittyKats just signed Carr.

nyital571
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Finfanforever that looks like a very solid prediction

Finfanforever
04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Finfanforever that looks like a very solid prediction

Yeah I think so....I do not see the Raiders taking CJ like my good buddy BlueFin. Overall, I think Oakland will be better served drafting Russell then building around him as apposed to a CJ having maybe 6-7 touches a game from...the QB...who???? Get my point?:wink:

defensivefan
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd love us to get Quinn, but if he truly is a franchise QB as everyone says, then no way does he go outside the top 3. It is wishful thinking on all our part. I think Cleveland wants Quinn but are frightened that Detroit will take him if there is no trade. If they say they want Peterson then that may help tempt Detroit to trade back to 4 with Tampa going up for Johnson, then Cleveland would pounce. I hope I'm wrong!

Finfanforever
04-12-2007, 09:33 AM

I live in St. Pete and I have NOT heared such rumors of Cadillac. Gruden still loves his Cadillac but realizes (in my opinion) that he is not a 25-30 carry per game RB. That being said, the Bucs ADORE CJ and would gladly give up Gruden's left te$ticle to get him. I believe the Bucs will attempt to move up to take CJ. If they don't land him, look for the Bucs to land Peterson for a great 1-2 punch backfield