PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Draft to Replace Our Leaders?

pfcomics
04-11-2007, 02:24 AM
So I got to wondering this afternoon. If Quinn didn't fall to us and we decided to go O-Line later in the draft then the first round (something of which Mueller implies he wants to do..), who would you draft? In particular, who would you draft if - god forbid - Taylor and Thomas decided to both retire after this year no matter what.

For me, Willis would be a solid replacement for Thomas from the look of things and Jamaal Anderson would make a great character replacement for Taylor (not to imply that Taylor isn't a character guy...I feel quiet the opposite!).

What do you guys think?

-Andrew @ Pulp Fiction

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Pat Willis would definitely be the guy to replace Zach. Now I would love Gaines Adams to be available at 9 to replace Taylor but I don't think he would be. If they decided to go defensive end, I'd go with Adam Carricker. I think he's one of the safest picks in the draft. So is Willis.

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 02:50 AM
For a cheap solution, I'd look at Zak DeOssie. Word is Belichick is very high on this guy (and so too is his daughter :wink: ). Of course, he did invite DeOssie to participate in Patriot practices while he was in college, brought his own film guys to help out DeOssie, and gave him personal one on one coaching. But one look at the guy and you can figure out why Belichick likes him. He's a tough, strong, nasty LB with perfect size. Excels in coverage and extremely versatile. He even long snaps. I'd love nothing more than to draft him because 1.) It'll tick off Belichick big time (and what Dolphins fan doesn't?), 2.) He reminds me of a Zach Thomas with size, and 3.) His versatility means we can put him outside or inside and especially special teams immediately. Perfect guy to use with our 3rd rounder as the Pats will have to use a 1st to get him since we have their 2nd. :D

I'd try not to spend another 1st on a defensive player again as we've been adept at finding good to great talent in later rounds or UDFA with LB and DE (Thomas, Taylor, Crowder, Mixon, Bromell, Ogunleye, etc).

miamiron
04-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Pat Willis would definitely be the guy to replace Zach. Now I would love Gaines Adams to be available at 9 to replace Taylor but I don't think he would be. If they decided to go defensive end, I'd go with Adam Carricker. I think he's one of the safest picks in the draft. So is Willis.
I agree with Carriker would be a great pick up if we traded down in the first
and I'm going to go out on a limb and say ANOTHER ZAC...ZAC DEOSSIE
to replace Zach...these picks are possible unlike people saying Willis and Gaines...People we dont have 2 first round picks so come back to reality

Elliott 1
04-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Jarvis Moss is Jasons illegitimate child that he fathered when he was 11.

Same heighth, same build, same athletic ability.