PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream car?

Scrap
07-07-2003, 12:24 PM
This could be mine:

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 12:47 PM
WHOA....what is that? It`s a beauty!

dolphan39
07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Modestly speaking http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/911/turbo/bilder/intro_foto.jpg

iceblizzard69
07-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Porsche Carrera Convertible...same car that 39 posted but not with a hard top

Scrap
07-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
WHOA....what is that? It`s a beauty!

It's a Noble.I saw it on another site.It's some kind of English car. I guess the English CAN produce something other than bad teeth.:D

Bobby Humphrey
07-07-2003, 01:17 PM
nothing beats a hummer

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/index.jsp

Bobby Humphrey
07-07-2003, 01:21 PM
scrappydew, if i ever get one of these, i will hire you to drive.

http://www.viplimo.us/hummer_h2.html

keep your day job. since my bowling defeat my bank account has hit zero, jerk.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 01:22 PM
lol

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew

It's a Noble.I saw it on another site.It's some kind of English car. I guess the English CAN produce something other than bad teeth.:D

Do you know the price?

Scrap
07-07-2003, 01:26 PM
No. Someone else posted this pic. I'll see if I can find something.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey

Sweet ride. I'd retire from the world of computer bowling to drive that thing.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 01:34 PM
That reminds me. Did anyone see the special on the Discovery channel the other night about armour plated vehicles? They had one that cost a $million ....4 ext. cameras....sprayed pepper spray, oil etc.....even launched grenades. Patterned after James Bond cars.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 01:36 PM

Here's a good place to get a hummer, Bobby.

M-REAL
07-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Capt., I know what car you are talking about. They had the same one before on Prime-Time, I think a couple of months ago. That car is sweeet! Wasn't it like a cross between an Cadillac Escalade and a van or something?

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by marcusreal
Capt., I know what car you are talking about. They had the same one before on Prime-Time, I think a couple of months ago. That car is sweeet! Wasn't it like a cross between an Cadillac Escalade and a van or something?

Yup....one bad-a$$ vehicle. :)

WeVie
07-07-2003, 02:23 PM
This is the car that I drive now in the attachment

This is the car that I want to drive

http://www.mccarthy5.freeserve.co.uk/viper.gif

Bobby Humphrey
07-07-2003, 03:53 PM
it's go time, pink slips on the line.

here's what i drive, you will get a good view of my rear bumper.

http://www.losercars.com/images/loser13.jpg

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 04:06 PM
custom job?

Bobby Humphrey
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
ya, i did a little body work on it myself.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 04:12 PM
I meet a lot of women while cruising in my ride. If Fast and the Furious comes out with another sequel, I may just have to see about getting it in the movies.Nothing but 4 cylinders of raw power.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
ya, i did a little body work on it myself.

All kidding aside. Do you really live in China and if so, I`d think more than a few of us would like to hear about the experience. Maybe a new thread.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Capt. Dick, That original car I posted was a Noble M12, and I found somewhere on the web that said it is 51,500 pounds. How much is that in the U.S.?

Scrap
07-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

All kidding aside. Do you really live in China and if so, I`d think more than a few of us would like to hear about the experience. Maybe a new thread.

That's in Canada.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey Capt. Dick, That original car I posted was a Noble M12, and I found somewhere on the web that said it is 51,500 pounds. How much is that in the U.S.?

hmm....I don`t remember the exchange exactly but maybe around $75,000? Somebody will know. 75 grand seems a little inexpensive for that car.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 04:34 PM

That's in Canada.

oh...:lol:

Scrap
07-07-2003, 04:48 PM
This is my true dream car.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
This is my true dream car.

That one`s DEFINATELY a chick magnet. :D

Scrap
07-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Especially if I had a stretch limo version of it.

Bobby Humphrey
07-07-2003, 05:08 PM
i am a Canadian and my wife is a Chinese. because the Canadian/Chinese governments won't give us a visa for my wife to go to Canada, i have to spend my time in China. I study in Canada so i spend 8 months out of the year in, and 4 months of the year i live in China working. In all, i have spend just over 1 year living in China.i am in china now till aug 31st

i don't like living in China, but i have no choice. i am in the south of china, guangxi province (connecting to vietnam) so it is freaken hot here. everyday i sweat for no reason. just sitting here makes me sweat. in fact, i am sitting here on the computer in my underwear sweating away typing this. got a mental picture yet?

and man, the bugs. i am from canada so the cold will kill most of the bugs, but no such luck here. it is kinda funny, when a bug shows up my 200 pound butt goes running for safety, and my 97 pound wife comes in to save the day. she is a lean mean bug killing machine. anyways, let me share a story that happened 6 days ago:

it was a warm evening, say about 7pm. my wife was still at work, so i was relaxing at home watching a movie. i was getting hungry and wanted a new movie, so i decide to go out to get some food and a movie. i went into the spare bedroom to grab my comb to make myself beautiful. as entered the room and grabbed my comb, i saw it. there on the wall about 1 foot away from me was the biggest spider i had ever saw. this thing was huge. i actually have goosebumps sitting here thinking about it. anyways, naturally i ran out of the room screaming like a school girl. i was literally terrified. this spider was probably the same size as my hand. i slammed the door shut thankful to be alive. than i realized, if i don't kill this thing, it will be living in my house. so i said to myself, 'self, knuckle up' i put my game face on and grabbed the broom and a can of bug spray. (the spray is very powerful stuff) while still in my underwear, and a broom in one hand and the poison in the other hand i entered the room ready for battle. i slowly entered ready for a counter attack by the big a$$ spider. it was right where i had left it. but, when i entered the room i froze. when we made eye contact, i couldn't move. i just stood there staring at it for 5 minutes or so. there was literally a deep cold sweat running down my face. i was finally able to fight threw the fear and decided to make my move. with the heart of a champion i swung the broom, but missed. the spider than ran behind my dresser. than i gassed him. i sprayed the gas behind the dresser for a good 4 minutes, but still no spider. the room was gassing up and i knew it had to come out from behind the dresser soon. than it made its move. as i was still gassing it ran up the wall up to near the roof. man, i am telling u, thing thing was fast. while is was on the run i took a swung with my might broom, it was only a partial hit, but it sent the spider to a 12 foot drop onto the floor. however, the blow and fall never even stunned the spider as is quickly ran back behind the dresser. i had give that spider my best blow and it was unphased, i started filling up with more fear. i broke out the gas again. i gassed it so long that i started to feel sick so i cleared out of the room of about 5 minutes. when i re-entered the room there he was, sitting on the dresser, he had come out for some air. i could tell the spider was felling the gas, because it wasn't as responsive as it was before. i took my mighty broom in both hands, raised it above my head, and brought that broom crashing down with all my might, WACK, a direct hit. the spider flung itself on the floor in one last desperation move, but it only met my broom on the floor. i smoked the spider about 8 or 10 more times, i was so filled up with rage i don't even remember how many time i kept hitting it. when i new the spider was dead i felt little relief. i was so scared that back-up would come to revenge him i ran out of the house to my wives place of work. when i got there i was a mess, i had thrown on the quickest cloths i could find, hair was in a mess, and ran to my wives office. she was in a meeting but i interrupted anyways. just imagine all these guys in suits sitting there and seeing me at the door all slob looking calling" jia, jia, there was a spider" than i told her my heroic tale as she closed the door of the meeting room, i am very sure she was quiet embarised by me.

anyways, i would be glad to tell you some stories if you want. it is one crazy place and i have a lot of stories built up over the year i have lived here. i am not sure if they want me typing this stuff on there boards though. anyways, got any questions? maybe i will post another story tomorrow or something if it is ok with the finheaven people.

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write that. This is the lounge, you can talk about anything you like as long as it stays within the tos. Keep em coming.

You shoulda stuck that spider in the freezer for posterity. lol

Capt. Dick
07-07-2003, 05:46 PM
What are the people like? Do many speak english?

themole
07-07-2003, 05:46 PM
This could be mine:

:rofl: Hey Scrappy....Looks like you picked the right dealership. Nice car too, as for my choice, my all time favorite is the 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra SC. It's the car that made Enso pull out of racing for a while. Truly...Beauty & the Beast in one package.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 06:39 PM
:lol: I figured I'd see if I could give you some free advertising.

Scrap
07-07-2003, 06:51 PM
i am a Canadian and my wife is a Chinese. because the Canadian/Chinese governments won't give us a visa for my wife to go to Canada, i have to spend my time in China. I study in Canada so i spend 8 months out of the year in, and 4 months of the year i live in China working. In all, i have spend just over 1 year living in China.i am in china now till aug 31st

i don't like living in China, but i have no choice. i am in the south of china, guangxi province (connecting to vietnam) so it is freaken hot here. everyday i sweat for no reason. just sitting here makes me sweat. in fact, i am sitting here on the computer in my underwear sweating away typing this. got a mental picture yet?

and man, the bugs. i am from canada so the cold will kill most of the bugs, but no such luck here. it is kinda funny, when a bug shows up my 200 pound butt goes running for safety, and my 97 pound wife comes in to save the day. she is a lean mean bug killing machine. anyways, let me share a story that happened 6 days ago:

it was a warm evening, say about 7pm. my wife was still at work, so i was relaxing at home watching a movie. i was getting hungry and wanted a new movie, so i decide to go out to get some food and a movie. i went into the spare bedroom to grab my comb to make myself beautiful. as entered the room and grabbed my comb, i saw it. there on the wall about 1 foot away from me was the biggest spider i had ever saw. this thing was huge. i actually have goosebumps sitting here thinking about it. anyways, naturally i ran out of the room screaming like a school girl. i was literally terrified. this spider was probably the same size as my hand. i slammed the door shut thankful to be alive. than i realized, if i don't kill this thing, it will be living in my house. so i said to myself, 'self, knuckle up' i put my game face on and grabbed the broom and a can of bug spray. (the spray is very powerful stuff) while still in my underwear, and a broom in one hand and the poison in the other hand i entered the room ready for battle. i slowly entered ready for a counter attack by the big a$$ spider. it was right where i had left it. but, when i entered the room i froze. when we made eye contact, i couldn't move. i just stood there staring at it for 5 minutes or so. there was literally a deep cold sweat running down my face. i was finally able to fight threw the fear and decided to make my move. with the heart of a champion i swung the broom, but missed. the spider than ran behind my dresser. than i gassed him. i sprayed the gas behind the dresser for a good 4 minutes, but still no spider. the room was gassing up and i knew it had to come out from behind the dresser soon. than it made its move. as i was still gassing it ran up the wall up to near the roof. man, i am telling u, thing thing was fast. while is was on the run i took a swung with my might broom, it was only a partial hit, but it sent the spider to a 12 foot drop onto the floor. however, the blow and fall never even stunned the spider as is quickly ran back behind the dresser. i had give that spider my best blow and it was unphased, i started filling up with more fear. i broke out the gas again. i gassed it so long that i started to feel sick so i cleared out of the room of about 5 minutes. when i re-entered the room there he was, sitting on the dresser, he had come out for some air. i could tell the spider was felling the gas, because it wasn't as responsive as it was before. i took my mighty broom in both hands, raised it above my head, and brought that broom crashing down with all my might, WACK, a direct hit. the spider flung itself on the floor in one last desperation move, but it only met my broom on the floor. i smoked the spider about 8 or 10 more times, i was so filled up with rage i don't even remember how many time i kept hitting it. when i new the spider was dead i felt little relief. i was so scared that back-up would come to revenge him i ran out of the house to my wives place of work. when i got there i was a mess, i had thrown on the quickest cloths i could find, hair was in a mess, and ran to my wives office. she was in a meeting but i interrupted anyways. just imagine all these guys in suits sitting there and seeing me at the door all slob looking calling" jia, jia, there was a spider" than i told her my heroic tale as she closed the door of the meeting room, i am very sure she was quiet embarised by me.

anyways, i would be glad to tell you some stories if you want. it is one crazy place and i have a lot of stories built up over the year i have lived here. i am not sure if they want me typing this stuff on there boards though. anyways, got any questions? maybe i will post another story tomorrow or something if it is ok with the finheaven people.

Tell everyone about how you trained, and learned the way of the Shaolin Computer Bowling Warrior. I just love that story, and found it inspirational enough that you should share it with others.

Muck
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
My dream car would be one that flies. That way you could avoid traffic and take the short cut every time. And the wings would be invisible.

It would look something like this.

Muck
07-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah B. You should tell us more stories. China is stupid.

And I hate insects. I keep waking up to wasps flying over my bed. I'll be sleeping and I hear this divebomber noise by my ear. Talk about jumping out of bed in a panic. I have no idea how they get in. And they always make it hard for me to kill them. I hate roaches too. In Florida, everybody has them. UGH!!!!!!!

WharfRat
07-07-2003, 09:08 PM
My dream car has always been, and always will be,

a 1970 Pontiac GTO "Judge" in mint condition.
Something like this:
http://www.gtoheaven.com/images/GT0/A311697.jpg

or this '71 convertable would be sweet too, in fact the driver here reminds me of me :goof:

http://www.gtoheaven.com/images/GT0/71gto.gif

WeVie
07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
I took my car to a dragway about a month ago for something they have called Street Fights. For ten bucks you can race your car as many times as you wish. It was at the Bristol Dragway. Maybe some of you have heard of it. Anyway it was alot of fun. I can't drive and my car is not that fast. 16.1 seconds was my best in a 1/4 mile.

What was so cool about going the day that I went was some sort of custom car company near there had bought the exact Skyline that was in the movie 2 fast 2 furious. Man that car was soooooooooooo cool but what was even cooler that that is some else had a Nissian something or other(sorry I am not a big car person) that outrun the Skyline. They both ran low 10's. There was also an old Nova that ran 9.8 seconds.

Not sure if it is true or not but I was told that the company that bought the Skyline paid 165000 for it.

Dolfan984
07-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, Wharf, I got a 1968 GTO, with Ram Air Intake, Flowmaster 2 Chamber with magnum tip exhaust, Hooker Competition Performance Headers, and a 350 bore out 30 over (A 355 Chevy that my stepdad and I built) motor. I'll try to get some pics. It's nice to see another GTO guy. :)

Dolfan984
07-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Looks a lot like this, but a little lighter blue. (Rival Blue)

:D

dolfan06
07-08-2003, 01:06 AM
This could be mine: i'm kind of stubborn, i'll only drive it if it was built in the USA! i want a viper!:D

dolfan06
07-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Looks a lot like this, but a little lighter blue. (Rival Blue)

:D sorry, but i think the 64 GTO looks a lot better, my parents had one and i'd sneak the keys everytime i got the chance!:evil:

dolfan06
07-08-2003, 01:15 AM

where i worked, we built and assembled shakers for red china, i never went there, but my buddy would call me from there and i could always hear somebody else on the line. he said they sometimes open outgoing mail too!:rolleyes:

Den54
07-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Muck
My dream car would be one that flies. That way you could avoid traffic and take the short cut every time. And the wings would be invisible.

It would look something like this.

I agree Muck.
Here's mine.

CrushTurtle
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
I would have to say mine is that new voice activated thingy from Honda.

Pagan
07-08-2003, 12:06 PM
I have a '73 'Cuda 340, bored .030 over, 10.5:1 compression, balanced and blueprinted, 4-speed, 4:11 gears, traction bars, etc...etc....fastest time was 13.7. This is EXACTLY what my car looks like, except remove the "440" from the hockey stick stripe and put a "340" in there.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

As for my dream ride......

Either
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2003/07/a_1970_Plymouth_Hemi_Cuda-1.jpg

or...

Den54
07-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I love Mopar.:D

WharfRat
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Hey, Wharf, I got a 1968 GTO, with Ram Air Intake, Flowmaster 2 Chamber with magnum tip exhaust, Hooker Competition Performance Headers, and a 350 bore out 30 over (A 355 Chevy that my stepdad and I built) motor. I'll try to get some pics. It's nice to see another GTO guy. :)

Awww man 984...you are my new best friend!!!!

If you ever want to part with that beauty... lemme know!

Nothing, and I mean nothing, has the sweet lines that the later model GTOs had... I never liked the style grill of the earlier models... looked too much like every other muscle car of the period. The nose of the 68 and up was so unique, that and the sidelines and body style simply screamed out ... FAST!!!!

I see that Pontiac is bringing back the GTO for '04... I hope they do the old Goats justice and don't do what Mercury did with the Cougar when they brought it back....

Pagan
07-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat

I see that Pontiac is bringing back the GTO for '04... I hope they do the old Goats justice and don't do what Mercury did with the Cougar when they brought it back....

Hate to disappoint you Wharf....but it looks like the bastard child of a Grand Am and a Dodge Avenger....they should have went retro with it...

WharfRat
07-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Pagan

Hate to disappoint you Wharf....but it looks like the bastard child of a Grand Am and a Dodge Avenger....they should have went retro with it...

Oh crap... that's a damn shame :nono:
It looks like every other car on the road.
You're right, they should have gone retro....

relive1972
07-08-2003, 06:19 PM
I have a '57 Chevy 2 door sedan that I'm doing a ground-up restoration. This is what I hope she looks like when I'm done:

http://www.rafaz57chevyclub.homestead.com/files/57HSmith.JPG

Dolfan984
07-08-2003, 08:16 PM

There's a guy in my town who has a nice red 64' goat, it's a sweet car to look at, but it wouldn't touch the 68' in terms of power, aerodynamics, weight distribution, and of course the 68' nose that probably won most of the awards that car did win.

Wharf, go to www.pontiac.com It'll tell you everything about the new goats. I think it looks too much like a Grand Am, but if you go to the features, it shows you what it sounds like reved and turned on. It's as close to a muscle car sound as it gets with new cars in my opinon. Then again, it has the 5.7L LS1 motor, kicking out 345 horses, (If I'm not mistaken) so at least it'll be pretty quick stock.

I'll take a classic muscle car anyday over an import, especially if were talking Gas Tires and Oil ;)

!PapaCrunk81!
07-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I love too many cars to have an exact dream car but there are some that I think are spiffy. A late nineties Galant VR4 J-spec, A Subaru WRX STi, and I think the new Nissan 350Z is pretty cool. A late sixties Dodge Charger would be nice, and a Porsche 911 Turbo would be fun. Throw in a Maybach as well.

WeVie
07-08-2003, 09:50 PM
At least the GTO is going to be a rear wheel drive. I figured they would make it a front wheel drive but they did'nt.