PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Tedd Ginn Jr. Pro Day results!

FinAtic8480
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/pixel-1.gif
Ted Ginn ran three forties in the 4.38-4.42 range at his Pro Day Wednesday, according to Scout.com.

Ginn reportedly ran six routes during pass-catching drills and fell on five of them before the workout was called off. We've confirmed that it's been raining in Columbus, but no other explanation for the slips has been given. Ginn had been struggling with a sprained foot.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Im sure Mueller will take a long look at Ginn if Quinn is taken by Detroit or the Browns.

dolphinkev
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
you can tell he's not healthy, he runs alot faster than that.

looks like he will probaly fall in the draft.

FinAtic8480
04-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I stiill think does are not bad forties with him being injured... Hopefully he falls to the second round....

Majpain
04-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Not bad with a injured ankle.

YetanotherFan
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I stiill think does are not bad forties with him being injured... Hopefully he falls to the second round....

I think that would be a small miracle if he does ... but yeah not to bad with a bum ankle or was it his foot?

zonk4ever
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Speed is everything to this prospect 4.38-4.42 is excellent but not worthy of a #9 pick especially with his slight build. Lots of receivers run in this range. Some considerably larger than him. Hagans ran a 4.42 @ the combine last year and he's a much bigger guy. And hagans didn't set the world on fire last year.

alen1
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
yea tho you can tel he is not healthy...... he runs in late 4.2 to early 4.3 .... hopefully he is healthy and can prove to teams that he will make a impact.

malzj
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe it was the rain.... but I don't get why he would even try to run if he wasn't healthy. He'll have more workouts.

dominizzo
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I want Miami to trade down

fishypete
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Three months after an ankle injury...4.38 doesn't cut it.

Jaj
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Maybe they can get him later on now. He has another workout on the 16th doesn't he? Still that hurts...

alienalias
04-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I can't believe you Ginn Jr fans are still making excuses for him. I'm glad you're not our GM. 4.2 - 4.3 range? Nope... he'll be drafted in the bottom 1/3 of the 1st rd.

Motion
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM

:yeahthat:

Injured ankle + wet conditions = WTF are you running for anyway???

cnc66
04-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Pete, I have had an ankle that took a full year before it could be trusted... I also have had a broken foot, on the other leg, that was five weeks in a cast, four more on crutches...

Jaj
Well he's obviously not healthy if you've ever seen him play he's that kind of player. Picking him at 9 is a different story. I would say that the best bet we've got now is the underrated Davis form LSU.

FinAtic8480
I just jope he slides all the way to the second round. Would be real nice to snag him then.....

utahphinsfan
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Why does all this attention focused on Ginn by the phins brass remind me of the hillbilly napoleon & Braylon Edwards?

TG, Jr is not as polished as Santonio was last yr IMO. While I could live w/ Holmes @ 16 last yr, Ginn at 9 is a mistake.

If Mueller & Cam want to go after a Buckeye WR then take Gonzales in the 2nd or 3rd. The more I research the more I like Jason Hill from Washington St. Taking him @ 40 would be quite the coup.

Majpain
04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Well it just means we get to see Young and Ginn hook up mkore often :).

fishypete
04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Pete, I have had an ankle that took a full year before it could be trusted... I also have had a broken foot, on the other leg, that was five weeks in a cast, four more on crutches...

I'm sorry to hear your bad news....but either his injury was very bad....or he doesn't run as fast as we all thought.

Just a thought....if he had that serious an injury of his ankle....why wasn't he wearing a boot...or walking with a crutch....yet at the combine....he had nothing on...and thats what a month and a half ago? Lets see what he does on the 16th.

SR 7
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM

I'd cry. Hjoepfully a mcneal type of asteal from last year.

Don't mind typos on phone.

4.38 is fast but so slow since we know its ginn loll pretty funny. But why is the injury still there? Been a while now

PhinsRock
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Would love to see him drop to the 2nd round, then we get him with our #40.

Jaj
04-11-2007, 03:26 PM
We wouldn't get him in the second round, but there's a chance that we could get him sometime around the late first round before or after Kansas City. Could be a huge steal if that happens.

As for the nine selection, Levi Brown gains a little steam, but probably the most likely could be a trade down at a sub-value chart rate.

YetanotherFan
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Speed is everything to this prospect 4.38-4.42 is excellent but not worthy of a #9 pick especially with his slight build. Lots of receivers run in this range. Some considerably larger than him. Hagans ran a 4.42 @ the combine last year and he's a much bigger guy. And hagans didn't set the world on fire last year.

The difference could be in the 10yrd split and the swan like grace at which he makes cuts going full speed.

cnc66
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear your bad news....but either his injury was very bad....or he doesn't run as fast as we all thought.

Just a thought....if he had that serious an injury of his ankle....why wasn't he wearing a boot...or walking with a crutch....yet at the combine....he had nothing on...and thats what a month and a half ago? Lets see what he does on the 16th.

I have no answer Pete, I was only relating personal experiance with injuries in those places... my ankle failed at invariably the worse times with no warning .. it just turned...

taylormvp99
04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Good. This should make it a fact that Ginn will not be taken at 9 by Miami. I've seen some mocks with him going as low as 32 to the Colts. Hopefully with this bad time (for him) he will slide to 40.

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Guys Ginn is about a 4.38-4.4 guy....but thats misleading..

read an article last year about Ginn, Nate Clements, and Galloway working out together and as far as 40's Clements won like 7 outta 10 over both!! With Ginn winning 2 and Galloway(old now) winning one....

BUT they ran the 100 5 times and Ginn won all 5 times!! ANd I think it he won 2 of them by 15 yards or more!!!

Anyone who has watched Ginn knows his speed is good for about 20 yards, but he has that extra gear he kicks in after that..and THATS what seperates him from everyone else...

This guy will ba an elite return man with the potential to be a great Wr....

Either way he's an offensive weapon defense have to acount for..He will NOT slip far if at all in the draft believe me.

retarmyfinfan
04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Says he fell on 5 of 6 pass route drill in the rain.

SabanHater
04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
We will not draft Ginn... I promise. A reciever would be nice, but it's total back burner in the early rounds for us. We don't even have an offensive line yet.

Trowa
04-11-2007, 04:14 PM
While I agree we don't draft Ginn I also feel that we don't spend a 1st round pick on OLine. It's not Randy, Cam, or Houck's style. McNeill is an aberration but look at Shane Olivea who's the starting RT for the Chargers and was drafted in the 7th round. Hardwick is the starting C and was drafted in the 3rd round. Levi Brown is nice but I don't think he'll be a Fin.

BillsFanInPeace
04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah and fell down on 5 out of 6 routes before calling the workout off ala Clarett

cltchperf
04-11-2007, 04:19 PM
At first I was wondering since I thought he was supposed to have amazing speed. But from the report they said it was raining, and he is still dealing with a sprained foot, which is pretty good to run at that speed when still getting over his injury that he had in of the bowl games. It only takes a little bit to make the 40 time a little slower.

SabanHater
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
maybe we don't draft OL in the 1st, but expect to see us fill that position quite a bit. I don't think this is going to be a Fin's draft filled with that "flash"

nyfinzfan
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Ive seen enough of our current players fall down,fumble when no one hits them, Trip over the stripes on the field etc. It doesnt bode well he fell on 5 out of 6. Rain or no rain wtf.:goof:

Trowa
04-11-2007, 04:25 PM
When was the last time we had a draft with "flash?" I suppose drafting Ronnie Brown was flashy, but seriously. The Wannstedt/Spielman years yielded us a bunch of lost draft picks and a bunch of wasted draft picks. The jury is still out on the Saban drafts though the Ronnie Brown year could prove to give us 4 starters (Brown, Roth, Crowder, Daniels.) I'm not too concerned with flash. I just don't want another wasted pick like Jamar Fletcher. Or a stupid move like moving up 1 spot for Vernon Carey who the Vikes almost certainly weren't going to pick anyway. I'll settle for value players for our picks. I hate to say it...but I'd like to be more like the Patriots in that regard. They consistently find gems in the draft who step in and become stars in their system. However I'll also be psyched if we somehow end up with Brady Quinn.

BillsFanInPeace
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
What makes me laugh is everyone is so high on his speed. guess Falling down on 5 out of 6 routes before calling the workout off is OK

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Good to see he has speed but that slippage is a concern. Rain or no rain, you've got to wonder if his foot had anything to do with it. And considering it rains quite often where we're playing, there better be a good excuse.

BillsFanInPeace
04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Good to see he has speed but that slippage is a concern. Rain or no rain, you've got to wonder if his foot had anything to do with it. And considering it rains quite often where we're playing, there better be a good excuse.
The excuse is he is sloppy in his routes. Was at OSU and will continue to be. I BET the only route he was able to stay on his feet for was the Fly, because only route he runs effectively

jason8er
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM

read an article last year about Ginn, Nate Clements, and Galloway working out together and as far as 40's Clements won like 7 outta 10 over both!! With Ginn winning 2 and Galloway(old now) winning one....

BUT they ran the 100 5 times and Ginn won all 5 times!! ANd I think it he won 2 of them by 15 yards or more!!!

Anyone who has watched Ginn knows his speed is good for about 20 yards, but he has that extra gear he kicks in after that..and THATS what seperates him from everyone else...

Either way he's an offensive weapon defense have to acount for..He will NOT slip far if at all in the draft believe me.
That's exactly what I see during one return after another. Thats also what I see when he catches the long ball, and there's no one anywhere near him. He's still my pick in the 1st, especially if we could pull off trading down a few spots..

finfan54
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Look, Ginn is a special teamer straight ahead downfield guy and nothing more than that aside from an occasional screen inside with a couple of moves to the house.

There is no doubt Ginn is dangerous in that regard.

Problem I have always had is that he is really one or two dimensional and is not the type to go over the middle or run specific routes IMO as opposed to Gonzalez who did those types of things and had YAC.

Ginn is now injured and this is not a fly by night injury either.
WR's are a dime a dozen. And there are a dozen in this draft so why just go ga ga over Ginn when there are others who are just as worthy or better in the long run?

WR's are inherant risks to a degree because of injury, character, and the "look at me arent I great" attitude. Too many fin fans on this board are too much in favor of glory hounds instead of football players.

miamiron
04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Thank God
Hopefully the Ginn lovers will put it to rest for a while
Do you really feel with the MILLIONS of $$$$$$ at stake that if his ankle
was still injured he would have ran(the obvious answer to anyone not wearing blinders is NO)
WHOOOOOOSH...THATS THE SOUND OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
RUNNING A 4.2 FORTY AWAY FROM TED GINN JR!

Seriously he fell on 5 of his 6 routes ran
OK... it was raining but PLEEEEEESE with the excuses
5 out of 6 times...WE ALLREADY HAVE BOOKER FOR THAT!

What a laughing stock we would be with Ginn and his ankle
that never heals and Daunte with his knee that never heals!!

The surprising part is not being able to admit there are much better choices than Ginn...FIRE AWAY

finfan54
04-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Really? I dont think so. He is injured and it shows doesnt it? Or did I just misread something? There are many WR's in this draft. It boggles my mind that people put so much into this guy when so many others are out there. You dont have that much depth at the QB or LT or even LB positions even though there are going to be some steals in the right environment for some at those positions. those positions garner the top status because of the supply and demand. That is the market. So to say he wont fall, I say from where? Who has this guy rated so high?

Ginn might be perfect for someone who doesnt need a whole lot to make them more dangerous. Say like the Indy Colts. This is where I have seen his stock drop to in some mocks and I believe it is where he will stay. Doesnt mean Ginn isnt good or will not make a big splash, I just do not think the Miami Dolphins should be investing in guys like this at this time.

showstopper
04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Trade up from #40 into the late 1st round to get him, this is perfect!!!!

cnc66
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Seriously he fell on 5 of his 6 routes ran
OK... it was raining but PLEEEEEESE with the excuses
5 out of 6 times...WE ALLREADY HAVE BOOKER FOR THAT!

hahahaha, that is funny/sad.

retarmyfinfan
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
While I agree we don't draft Ginn I also feel that we don't spend a 1st round pick on OLine. It's not Randy, Cam, or Houck's style. McNeill is an aberration but look at Shane Olivea who's the starting RT for the Chargers and was drafted in the 7th round. Hardwick is the starting C and was drafted in the 3rd round. Levi Brown is nice but I don't think he'll be a Fin.

I agree with you, there. My guess is they draft BPA and that will probably be defense at 9. Of course there is always a possibility of a draft day trade, but those don't come very often, even if a team is sold on a certain player and they want to trade up.

NorFlaFin
04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Why didn't his agent cancel his workout? Seriously, in the rain with a bad wheel?

SgtPhin
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
As I said in an earlier post, why pick someone who cannot recuperate in 4 months from an ankle sprain? This just further solidifies my doubts in him. Just say "no" to Ginn.

Fin-omenal
04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Does anyone realize it was raining like a mofo in Columbus????

jason8er
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Does anyone realize it was raining like a mofo in Columbus????
Doesn't matter. First round prospects NEVER slip in the mud.

Elliott 1
04-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I want Miami to trade down

Looks like we could trade down with a team in the late twenties or even San Diego at 30 and still have a shot at a player like Ginn. That would get us a couple more 1st day picks.

Phanatical
04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Just say no to Ginn at 9, just say yes to Higgins at 60.

GO PHINS~!

Jaj
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I would not say yes to Higgins at 60. He doesn't run routes well. Aundrae Allison and Craig Davis are both far better choices. Higgins I'd consider in the third at the earliest, fourth most likely.

Phanatical
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I would not say yes to Higgins at 60. He doesn't run routes well. Aundrae Allison and Craig Davis are both far better choices. Higgins I'd consider in the third at the earliest, fourth most likely.

You can teach a guy to run routes, you can't teach them speed, you either have it or you don't, and Higgins has it.

GO PHINS~!

Jaj
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Look up the other guys a bit and maybe you'll realize they do too.

musphinzfan
04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
The ankle should be ready by training camp.....It will be interesting to see just how far he drops in the draft.

Pocoloco
04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's a hypothetical scenario..

1) Quinn slips to #6,we trade our #60 to trade up and get him
2) Ginn Jr. starts slipping into the mid to late 20s.

Do you trade our remaining second and third to move up and get him?

That would be only two players in four day-one draft picks.

SgtPhin
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
One of the biggest knocks on Ginn is his bad route running. Plus,as I noted in an earlier post, he doesn't seem to heal very well. This just re-enforces my opinion of him. Just say no to Ginn!.

retarmyfinfan
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Here is an update on his pro day, apparently he ran 20 routes and Cam was there.

Agent51
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
As I said in an earlier post, why pick someone who cannot recuperate in 4 months from an ankle sprain? This just further solidifies my doubts in him. Just say "no" to Ginn.

I've said that all along too. 4 months to get over an ANKLE SPRAIN, one he got CELEBRATING a play, not even during a play. That combined with the sloppy routes, the lack of aggressiveness, and his size and I want nothing to do with this guy, especially in round 1. These pro day reports only solidify that.

Killer B's
04-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Why didn't his agent cancel his workout? Seriously, in the rain with a bad wheel?

That's what I was wondering. The temperature couldn't have been much more than 50 degrees.

This link from the NFL also says he stopped after 20 reps due to his ankle being sore.

http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#OHst

Wolf13
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm in north eastern ohio (near Canton) and its windy (20-30 mph gusts) and the rain has been a nasty hard/cold rain. The fact the he ran the times he did in mid 40 degree's actually is rather impressive.

He is the same size as Marvin Harrison, Mueller does covet speed. I don't think that anyone we end up pick up in the first round is going to be a bad pick up for us.

J Tes
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I've said that all along too. 4 months to get over an ANKLE SPRAIN, one he got CELEBRATING a play, not even during a play. That combined with the sloppy routes, the lack of aggressiveness, and his size and I want nothing to do with this guy, especially in round 1. These pro day reports only solidify that.

Did you watch the game? He wasn't celebrating, his teamates were and one jumped on him. You make it sound as if he did it screwin around

J Tes
04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
What makes me laugh is everyone is so high on his speed. guess Falling down on 5 out of 6 routes before calling the workout off is OK

It was raining and he is coming back from a high ankle sprain. Not exactly sure what your point is. Not exactly easy to cut in those conditions.

J Tes
04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Doesn't matter. First round prospects NEVER slip in the mud.

Not sure if you are joking but I sure hope you are.

Agent51
04-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Did you watch the game? He wasn't celebrating, his teamates were and one jumped on him. You make it sound as if he did it screwin around

OK fine, so he wasn't celebrating (I watched the game but don't remember what happened after that play), but it's still taken him 4 months to recover from an ankle sprain. And even minus the sprain, he is still a 178lb guy who isn't aggressive enough to beat the press/bump n run coverage and a crappy route runner. He's not even as fast as reported. The guy is a glorified return specialist that succeeded at WR in college due to nature of the game. I want nothing to do with him.

PhinstiGator
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
..."The workout on Wednesday consisted of Ginn running the 40 and of going through a series of receiving drills. Scouts said Ginn caught the ball well and demonstrated a fluid running style but that, with his foot still not 100 percent, he was not as explosive in and out of his cuts as they project him to be when he is fully recovered..."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=5200807

TexanPhinatic
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
OK fine, so he wasn't celebrating (I watched the game but don't remember what happened after that play), but it's still taken him 4 months to recover from an ankle sprain. And even minus the sprain, he is still a 178lb guy who isn't aggressive enough to beat the press/bump n run coverage and a crappy route runner. He's not even as fast as reported. The guy is a glorified return specialist that succeeded at WR in college due to nature of the game. I want nothing to do with him.

WTF are you talking about? Did you see him abuse aaron ross in the Texas game? Ross tried being aggressive, crowding the line, bumping early, all that, and Ginn just TORCHED him!

He is as dynamic a playmaker as there is in this draft. And his ankle is good enough to get him a 4.40 at maybe 80-90% in the RAIN on a cold day! Guy can MOVE!
He doesnt NEED to run precise routes because hes so fast! Running brilliant routes is important for a slower/possession type guy to get open, for a guy as fast as Ginn its not an issue.

BTW, any word if he works out again before the draft?? I thought he had scheduled another one for next week.

TexanPhinatic
04-11-2007, 08:06 PM
..."The workout on Wednesday consisted of Ginn running the 40 and of going through a series of receiving drills. Scouts said Ginn caught the ball well and demonstrated a fluid running style but that, with his foot still not 100 percent, he was not as explosive in and out of his cuts as they project him to be when he is fully recovered..."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=5200807

I am a little concerned with his seemingly slow recovery, but ankle sprains of the type he suffered do take awhile to heal. The good news is that, unlike a break, I dont think they have as much chance to be a recurring problem. If the medical team checks him out I have no concerns.

PhinstiGator
04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Here is an update on his pro day, apparently he ran 20 routes and Cam was there.

Interesting...

On April 11, Ginn -- who did not run at the Combine or OSU's Pro Day -- worked out on campus before representatives of most of the NFL teams. He ran his 40s in 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45 seconds. He ran no shuttles and did no jumps, and because of his sore foot, stopped running routes after doing about 20 of them. Three head coaches were there: Scott Linehan (Rams), Marvin Lewis (Bengals) and Cam Cameron (Dolphins). Also there were Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller and Rams vice president for player personnel Tony Softli.

I had hard time believing that stupid "he fell 5 out of 6 times" report. It's funny that type of stuff gets reported and then people actually believe it. :sidelol:

zach8111
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Says he fell on 5 of 6 pass route drill in the rain.

4.3 in the rain and on an injured ankle, wow that awsome. just imagine him on a clear day and with a fully healed ankle. 4.2?

PhinstiGator
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I am a little concerned with his seemingly slow recovery, but ankle sprains of the type he suffered do take awhile to heal. The good news is that, unlike a break, I dont think they have as much chance to be a recurring problem. If the medical team checks him out I have no concerns.

Yea, we watched Travis Daniels never really get back to speed last season w/ a ankle injury.

The encouraging thing about Ginn jr is that some of the critics didn't believe he would be able to run before the draft...and though he is not full speed...he is consistently able to run in the 4.3ish range while injured.

He was just starting to jog at the combine and now he is cranking out 4.3's. I'd keep a close eye on his times in the next two weeks.

CANDolphan
04-11-2007, 08:27 PM
He actually DID fall down, so dont laugh when people believe it, because you look like a ****ing ****** for NOT believing it

NorFlaFin
04-11-2007, 08:34 PM
In other news the Chiefs are shopping Dante Hall.

Anybody need a joystick?

Dolphin39
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't draft Ginn, ESPECIALLY WITH THE 9th pick in the draft!!!!!

I've never been confident he has what it takes to play well in the NFL and I don't believe he is day 1 material. He could be another Troy Williamson.

Phanatical
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't draft Ginn, ESPECIALLY WITH THE 9th pick in the draft!!!!!

I've never been confident he has what it takes to play well in the NFL and I don't believe he is day 1 material. He could be another Troy Williamson.

I agree 100%. Look at Higgins. He'll likely be available at 60 and had twice the college production that Ginn did. Some say, oh, Higgins can't run routes. Yeah, whatever, I don't care if he can run routes or not as long as he keeps scoring TD's like he did in college, 32 of them in the last three years. Oh yeah baby!

GO PHINS~!

Rubbin420
04-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Id take Ginn...in the second round.

Phanatical
04-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Ginn isn't a #9 pick and there are receivers that will be available later that had much more production on the field. Look at Higgins. He'll likely be available at 60 and had twice the college production that Ginn did. Some say, oh, Higgins can't run routes. Yeah, whatever, I don't care if he can run routes or not as long as he keeps scoring TD's like he did in college, 32 of them in the last three years. Oh yeah baby!

GO PHINS~!

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:32 PM
At first I was wondering since I thought he was supposed to have amazing speed. But from the report they said it was raining, and he is still dealing with a sprained foot, which is pretty good to run at that speed when still getting over his injury that he had in of the bowl games. It only takes a little bit to make the 40 time a little slower.

Yes, but when you are an unpolished receiver with average to below average hands and size and your entire reputation is reliant on blazing speed a 40 time in the upper 4.3's in a HUGE disappointment.
I had heard that this guy had world class speed. That would imply a 40 time in the 4.28-4.32 range.
He didn't even come close and as far as I'm concerned he is a mid to late 1st rd pick at best. If he didn't play in the spotlight at OSU he would be fortunate to be a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM

I agree with you. Out of all the players projected to go in the top 10 he is easily the one who has the greatest chance of being a complete bust in the NFL.
I would take a chance on him in the 3rd rd, though.

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Im sure Mueller will take a long look at Ginn if Quinn is taken by Detroit or the Browns.

I think Mueller is smarter than that. This guy isn't worth anything close to a top 10 pick.

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd cry. Hjoepfully a mcneal type of asteal from last year.

Don't mind typos on phone.

4.38 is fast but so slow since we know its ginn loll pretty funny. But why is the injury still there? Been a while now

It is slow when all we have been hearing about is his alleged "world class speed". World class speed is in the 4.28-4.32 range.
He is a relatively undersized (skinny) WR with suspect hands and unpolished route running. He ran a 40 in the 4.4 range. Whooppee. There are plenty of small college WR's that can run in the 4.4 range every draft and you don't hear anybody projecting them in the top 10.
The guy has the greatest chance of any projected top 10 pick of being a colossal bust.

Vegas dolfan
04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Well not many can run a 4.38 while still being injured and the rain and a windy day. I dont know why they didnt have him run indoors. Trust me he is no bust and no one makes moves like him in this draft and has the speed and skills he has. Ask Florida!

Vegas dolfan
04-12-2007, 12:26 AM
3rd round you are nuts!! I guess you never watch much college football.

jdang307
04-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Think this is the case of different stopwatches?

NFL | More on Ginn Jr. 40 times
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:38:43 -0700
Updating a previous report, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/17">Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. (http://www.kffl.com/player/14946/nfl) ran the 40-yard dash three times. Scouts at the workout clocked Ginn's times between 4.37 seconds and 4.45 seconds.

NFL | Ginn Jr. workout update
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:33:04 -0700
Updating a previous report, Todd McShay, of Scouts Inc., writing for <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com, reports Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. (http://www.kffl.com/player/14946/nfl) was timed at 4.41 seconds, 4.45 seconds and 4.49 seconds in his three attempts of the 40-yard dash.

NFL | Ginn Jr. runs fast 40 time
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:35:42 -0700
Tim MacMahon, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Ohio State WR <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/14946/nfl">Ted Ginn Jr. ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.3s during a workout at the university's campus.

icephinfan
04-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Take Ginn at 9.

fishypete
04-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I just jope he slides all the way to the second round. Would be real nice to snag him then.....

I don't know about him sliding....but he sure has the falling down part working....:sidelol:

fishypete
04-12-2007, 02:41 AM
WTF are you talking about? Did you see him abuse aaron ross in the Texas game? Ross tried being aggressive, crowding the line, bumping early, all that, and Ginn just TORCHED him!

He is as dynamic a playmaker as there is in this draft. And his ankle is good enough to get him a 4.40 at maybe 80-90% in the RAIN on a cold day! Guy can MOVE!
He doesnt NEED to run precise routes because hes so fast! Running brilliant routes is important for a slower/possession type guy to get open, for a guy as fast as Ginn its not an issue.

BTW, any word if he works out again before the draft?? I thought he had scheduled another one for next week.

Yamon Figurs did the same thing to Ross...for 123 yds....and you can get him alot cheaper.

badbutt316
04-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Dang, so Calvin Johnson, who outweighs Ginn by 60 lbs ran a faster 40? Regardless of being "hurt" or not, this should definately make his stock fall. The reasoning of him not being fully recovered to cover up his subpar 40 time should only dampen his stock further as his durability seems to be really shaky. I wouldnt be surprised if he fell into the 2nd round. The fins would completely ruin their draft if they opt to take this guy over trading up for Quinn.

Regan21286
04-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Dang, so Calvin Johnson, who outweighs Ginn by 60 lbs ran a faster 40? Regardless of being "hurt" or not, this should definately make his stock fall. The reasoning of him not being fully recovered to cover up his subpar 40 time should only dampen his stock further as his durability seems to be really shaky. I wouldnt be surprised if he fell into the 2nd round. The fins would completely ruin their draft if they opt to take this guy over trading up for Quinn.

To be fair, you can't compare CJ to Ginn. Most good wideouts either have 6'3 and up size or 4.45 and under speed with good hands. CJ unfairly has all of them in the same package. That's why he so highly regarded in this draft. An unnatural combination of speed, skill, and size. Imagine the best parts of TO's game mixed with a little Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith. Scary.

As for Ginn, he did run a pretty good 40 time but his having to cut the workout short is what concerns me. He'd be a great 2nd round pick if he falls though.

Jaj
04-12-2007, 03:46 AM
To be fair, you can't compare CJ to Ginn. Most good wideouts either have 6'3 and up size or 4.45 and under speed with good hands. CJ unfairly has all of them in the same package. That's why he so highly regarded in this draft. An unnatural combination of speed, skill, and size. Imagine the best parts of TO's game mixed with a little Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith. Scary.

As for Ginn, he did run a pretty good 40 time but his having to cut the workout short is what concerns me. He'd be a great 2nd round pick if he falls though.

One of the dream scenarios many of us have been going coo-coo for cocoa-cocoa puffs on has been:

1- Quinn
2- Ginn Jr. (now I'm not sure where we picked Quinn nor what we used)
3- Andy Alleman
4- Dan Bazuin

miamiron
04-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Yea, we watched Travis Daniels never really get back to speed last season w/ a ankle injury.

The encouraging thing about Ginn jr is that some of the critics didn't believe he would be able to run before the draft...and though he is not full speed...he is consistently able to run in the 4.3ish range while injured.

He was just starting to jog at the combine and now he is cranking out 4.3's. I'd keep a close eye on his times in the next two weeks.

I could easily say he was cranking out 4.45s and we all know that hand held times are very inacurate.You can add anywhere from 3/10 to 5/10 a second
to hand held times to get a comparison to electronic times according to
PARISI SPEED SCHOOL where most of the top players go to get ready for the combine.

So please don't fantasize about 4.3s or 4.2s

IT IS WHAT IT IS NOTHING MORE

miamiron
04-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Think this is the case of different stopwatches?

Great example why Parisi Speed School...Where the better players go to get ready for the combine...said with hand held times you have to add atleast
3/10 to 5/10 a second to get a comparable electronic time.

So if you add 3/10 to 5/10 to his times...I'm sorry but something is wrong
either he is hurt real bad or he just isn't as fast as everyone thought

miamiron
04-12-2007, 05:55 AM

LET ME KNOW WHEN IT STOPS RAINING ON FANTASY ISLAND:sidelol:

jlfin
04-12-2007, 06:39 AM
3rd round you are nuts!! I guess you never watch much college football.

On the contrary, I do. But MORE importantly I watch NFL football. It's a different game and the players are much faster.
Ginn reminds me of Rocket Ismael, very fast with some good moves as a return man, BUT nothing special as a starting WR.
Kevin Williams (UM) was blazing fast and an amazing return man too, but what did he amount to as an NFL WR? Same for Donte Stallworth.
None of these guys are/ were worth top 10 money and neither is Ginn. If he had played for a lesser known college program we wouldn't even be having this debate.

Phanatical
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
On the contrary, I do. But MORE importantly I watch NFL football. It's a different game and the players are much faster.
Ginn reminds me of Rocket Ismael, very fast with some good moves as a return man, BUT nothing special as a starting WR.
Kevin Williams (UM) was blazing fast and an amazing return man too, but what did he amount to as an NFL WR? Same for Donte Stallworth.
None of these guys are/ were worth top 10 money and neither is Ginn. If he had played for a lesser known college program we wouldn't even be having this debate.

That's exactly my thoughts. There are other "return men" available in the later rounds. Dolphins shouldn't be wasting their 9th pick on a return man that probably won't amount to much as a WR. They've already got two return men on the roster (Hakim and Vick) and they could add one later in the draft.

GO PHINS~!

finfan54
04-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I agree with you. Out of all the players projected to go in the top 10 he is easily the one who has the greatest chance of being a complete bust in the NFL.
I would take a chance on him in the 3rd rd, though.

And I dont mean to toot my own horn here, but I thought this from the beginning even with the monstrostity of people calling Ginns #. Its all common sense. I just do not want to draft Yatil Green again. Its that simple. We have more pressing needs than WR since we all seemingly still love CC and his propensity to drop footballs and not put a good effort into getting open.

Ginn still could be an excellent pickup for someone, but he would not be what people want for us. It would do this team no good to draft this guy right now.

jason8er
04-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Not sure if you are joking but I sure hope you are.
:lol: Yes, that was a joke. The more I see who may be available at #9 or with any potential trade down partners, the more I like Ginn.

jim1
04-12-2007, 08:54 AM

A teammate jumped on him from behind- whose fault is that? Ginn didn't even see it coming from what I recall. I also recall that ankle injuries can be anything form mild to severe, just ask Travis Daniels on that one. I saw recently that Ginn never missed a game, high school or college. Give the man his props for that, and let him heal. In an ideal world he'll slide and we'll at least have the opportunity to maneuver to get him if we want to. I could live pretty comfortably with Brady Quinn and Ginn if that could be done.

fishypete
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
More to read concerning Ginn and his pro-day;

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/football/nfl/cleveland_browns/17065775.htm

Funny...seems the Dolphins were there in force.

fullerboy1
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM

I think some people just make blind comparisons just for the sake of trying to prove a one sided opinion.:shakeno:

nick1
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
he would be the official worst pick ever if we took him at #9 now, he still isn't healed up and he was too slow considering that his speed is the only reason he is even good

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:22 PM

So basically you want us to draft Randy Moss v2, a guy who only runs out routes and contributes NOTHING to the short-yardage passing game? To say an NFL prospect "doesn't need to run precise routes" is the most ridiculous statement I've seen today. Yeah, sure, let's pay this guy #9 overall money because he is nothing more than a track star in football pads. :rolleyes2

I'm sorry but in the NFL, when everything comes down to precise timing in all facets of the game, ESPECIALLY the passing game, you better be DAMN sure you can run the routes they way you are supposed to, whether you run a 4.29 or a 4.87

Ginn running by the press is a lot different than Ginn being able to shove the guy off when it's locked on and give the hits right back. The guy weighs 178lbs, how long do you think that will hold up when LBs and Ss get ahold of him going across the middle or stretched out for a high pass? Dude is taking FOUR MONTHS to recover from a SPRAIN, imagine what will happen when his 178lb frame gets SPEARED mid-air by the likes of a Roy Williams or Ed Reed etc.

Dolphin39
04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
So basically you want us to draft Randy Moss v2, a guy who only runs out routes and contributes NOTHING to the short-yardage passing game? To say an NFL prospect "doesn't need to run precise routes" is the most ridiculous statement I've seen today. Yeah, sure, let's pay this guy #9 overall money because he is nothing more than a track star in football pads. :rolleyes2

I'm sorry but in the NFL, when everything comes down to precise timing in all facets of the game, ESPECIALLY the passing game, you better be DAMN sure you can run the routes they way you are supposed to, whether you run a 4.29 or a 4.87

Ginn running by the press is a lot different than Ginn being able to shove the guy off when it's locked on and give the hits right back. The guy weighs 178lbs, how long do you think that will hold up when LBs and Ss get ahold of him going across the middle or stretched out for a high pass? Dude is taking FOUR MONTHS to recover from a SPRAIN, imagine what will happen when his 178lb frame gets SPEARED mid-air by the likes of a Roy Williams or Ed Reed etc.

Agent51, I agree with you.

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Well not many can run a 4.38 while still being injured and the rain and a windy day. I dont know why they didnt have him run indoors. Trust me he is no bust and no one makes moves like him in this draft and has the speed and skills he has. Ask Florida!

Ask florida what, how good of a kick returner he is? Fine, ask the 6 teams Devin Hester had returns on how he is. So a guy returned a kick for a TD, happens all the time, but we aren't looking for a kick returner, especially in round 1 at the number nine overall spot.

He only succeeded as a WR at Ohio State because of the nature of the college game. It's tailor made for highlight players like Ginn, speedy guys that can run faster than everyone and make a catch downfield and get on Sportscenter's "Top 10". Hell, the OPTION is still a wildly succsessful play in college, would it work in the NFL? They are different beasts. There have been plenty of "burners" before him, and will be plenty after him, that don't succeed in the NFL at anything other than special teams. This guy's flaws are readily apparent, with the size and lack of aggressiveness and poor route running. 3 MAJOR traits a WR needs he lacks, so what makes you think he is going to tear up the league? MAYBE as a kick returner, definately NOT as a WR.

fishypete
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM

And you have to know that every defender is going after that ankle when he does play.

Agent51
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
A teammate jumped on him from behind- whose fault is that? Ginn didn't even see it coming from what I recall. I also recall that ankle injuries can be anything form mild to severe, just ask Travis Daniels on that one. I saw recently that Ginn never missed a game, high school or college. Give the man his props for that, and let him heal. In an ideal world he'll slide and we'll at least have the opportunity to maneuver to get him if we want to. I could live pretty comfortably with Brady Quinn and Ginn if that could be done.

Again, I've said ti before, you take the ankle injury OUT of the equation and what are you left with? A poor route runner who lacks size and aggressiveness, 3 major traits you need to be a successful NFL WR. The guy is the next Daunte Hall and Devin Hester, will wow people with returns but his play at his natural position will be forgettable.

jlfin
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I think some people just make blind comparisons just for the sake of trying to prove a one sided opinion.:shakeno:

How is it one sided? If anything your opinion is one sided. I gave you several examples why I don't think he's a top 10 talent.
He has several holes in his game and he didn't run as fast as people expected (yes I know he had excuses). If he wasn't playing for a top college program he would be considered a marginal 1st rd talent.

Boomer
04-13-2007, 06:30 AM
I just do not want to draft Yatil Green again.

Can't wait to hear how this comparison stacks up.

Boomer
04-13-2007, 06:32 AM
I really am not as down on this workout as many people. I know two things. One, Terry Robiskie ran the workout. Second, at least TWO doctors rated the ankle at between 75 and 85% healthy.

Running those times, in those conditions, after being off since January 8th ....I have no issue with that. Yes teams want to see him in the flesh, but the biggest concern is how long it will take for him to be back at 100%. I read Todd McShay, espn's Douchebag correspondent, who questioned what this meant for Ginn's injury history. WHAT INJURY HISTORY????

Unreal.

If Ginn's ankle was just 75%, then no way could he cut on it. Kudos for toughing it out, no matter how much he fell over. The concern for me is his dad saying that he's still 6 weeks to 3 months away from being 100%. Again, when you see the picture of the injury and take into consideration the re-fracturing of the toe that occured, it's not surprising. I know he's flying to Miami next week, but I'm not sure how much he'll gain from this and how much WE'LL gain from this.

miamiron
04-13-2007, 06:43 AM
I really am not as down on this workout as many people. I know two things. One, Terry Robiskie ran the workout. Second, at least TWO doctors rated the ankle at between 75 and 85% healthy.

Running those times, in those conditions, after being off since January 8th ....I have no issue with that. Yes teams want to see him in the flesh, but the biggest concern is how long it will take for him to be back at 100%. I read Todd McShay, espn's Douchebag correspondent, who questioned what this meant for Ginn's injury history. WHAT INJURY HISTORY????

Unreal.

If Ginn's ankle was just 75%, then no way could he cut on it. Kudos for toughing it out, no matter how much he fell over. The concern for me is his dad saying that he's still 6 weeks to 3 months away from being 100%. Again, when you see the picture of the injury and take into consideration the re-fracturing of the toe that occured, it's not surprising. I know he's flying to Miami next week, but I'm not sure how much he'll gain from this and how much WE'LL gain from this.

Not to disagree with you Bloomer but can you name the two doctors who
checked his ankle before or after his pro day workout.
I would love to see how and why they came up with this so called rating or evaluation.
Mri,Bone Scan,clarvoint,or just an educated guess???:confused:

Boomer
04-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Not to disagree with you Bloomer but can you name the two doctors who
checked his ankle before or after his pro day workout.
I would love to see how and why they came up with this so called rating or evaluation.
Mri,Bone Scan,clarvoint,or just an educated guess???:confused:

First off all, have the decency to spell my name correctly, rather than some lame attempt at a gag.

Secondly, no I can't tell you their names because I don't know them, but as this information came directly from someone that I know who was on hand at Ginn's workout, then I'm happy to run with that, if that's OK with you.

Ginn was tested medically in the OSU medical centre after the workout, which is how this information was garnered.

:rolleyes2

Finfanforever
04-13-2007, 10:39 AM
First off all, have the decency to spell my name correctly, rather than some lame attempt at a gag.

Secondly, no I can't tell you their names because I don't know them, but as this information came directly from someone that I know who was on hand at Ginn's workout, then I'm happy to run with that, if that's OK with you.

Ginn was tested medically in the OSU medical centre after the workout, which is how this information was garnered.

Boom,

Do you think this workout put hurt his stock or no? Is he is your opinion worthy of the #9 slot? Thanks!

Boomer
04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Boom,

Do you think this workout put hurt his stock or no? Is he is your opinion worthy of the #9 slot? Thanks!

I don't think the workout did, but I think the fact that he might miss significant mini camp and even training camp time probably will.

Finfanforever
04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't think the workout did, but I think the fact that he might miss significant mini camp and even training camp time probably will.

Your Randy Mueller, Your on the Clock...
Quinn is gone, Peterson, CJ, Thomas, all the top 5-6 are gone...
Your are unable to trade down... do you take him or go defense????

Thanks Boom!

miamiron
04-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Jeez I made a mistake with your name...SORRY
DON'T HAVE TO BE SO TESTY WITH EVERYTHING
LORD WE ARE HERE TO ENJOY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME

TIME FOR YOU TO LIGHTEN UP A BIT

Boomer
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Your Randy Mueller, Your on the Clock...
Quinn is gone, Peterson, CJ, Thomas, all the top 5-6 are gone...
Your are unable to trade down... do you take him or go defense????

Thanks Boom!

I take Staley or Carriker. Maybe Landry. Or Nelson. Or Revis. LOL.

This draft is ridiculous. :D

Boomer
04-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Oh yes, great gag.

TexanPhinatic
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Boom, how far could you see Ginn fall assuming he doesnt run a blazing time before the draft in a second workout? ANY shot he could be there for our second rounder? Could we even perhaps package back into the first to get him in the 20s somewhere? Or is he going to someone like the Rams or Cowboys?

finfan54
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM

yeah, I read your question and I did not get the feeling you were being testy or anything. But dude, dont question Boomer, he is the great and wonderful OZ behind a screen and some major effects with all of Emerald Citys people squarely behind him (and TEd Ginn jr. at all costs).

finfan54
04-13-2007, 08:32 PM

hmmmm. the "l" key is real close to the "o" key. interesting........

finfan54
04-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Can't wait to hear how this comparison stacks up.

So far its holding up real well. thank u very little.

fullerboy1
04-14-2007, 01:36 AM
How is it one sided? If anything your opinion is one sided. I gave you several examples why I don't think he's a top 10 talent.
He has several holes in his game and he didn't run as fast as people expected (yes I know he had excuses). If he wasn't playing for a top college program he would be considered a marginal 1st rd talent.

I have a question for you, how would you feel if we took Ginn jr. with the 9th. pick, he became a star and goes to the pro bowl. In your opinion could you be happy with him on our team?