PDA

View Full Version : News on Brady Quinn and Trent Edwards meetings with Fins

FinAtic8480
04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Notre Dame's Brady Quinn looked very sharp in his Dolphins workout in South Bend, Ind., on Tuesday, someone in attendance relayed. Quinn stayed after for a while to talk with Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller. -- Miami Herald

Stanford QB Trent Edwards has emerged as a potential second-round Dolphins option. Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller went to Calif., to give him a private workout last week. -- Miami Herald

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/11/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Cam and Mueller probably told Quinn that if he slips from the Big Three they would probably do everything to snag him....

Finfan53
04-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Who are the "Big Three"?

Jaj
04-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Oakland-Detroit-Cleveland

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/11/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Cam and Mueller probably told Quinn that if he slips from the Big Three they would probably do everything to snag him....

Hopefully they did. Didn't say anything about the Edwards workout but I'm glad to hear the Quinn workout went very well. Cam and Randy spending extra time with Quinn could suggest a real big interest in the elite franchise QB prospect.

JC
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
im kind of leaning towards edwards to we can upgrade the o line

allred65
04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Hopefully they did. Didn't say anything about the Edwards workout but I'm glad to hear the Quinn workout went very well. Cam and Randy spending extra time with Quinn could suggest a real big interest in the elite franchise QB prospect.

Or it could be a smoke screen.

Jaj
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Ummm no our interest is not a smoke screen. Who would we be smoke screening the Chiefs at 23?

ohiobryan
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
he will pass the big three raiders select johnson lions select adams browns select russell........

eomdtbtr
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
he will pass the big three raiders select johnson lions select adams browns select russell........

And if the Browns grab Quinn we can snag Russell.:D

Hoot {MWB}
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Ummm no our interest is not a smoke screen. Who would we be smoke screening the Chiefs at 23?

Yeah as we all know the pre-draft days are nothing but smoke and mirrors. However, in this case the point was well made: who would we be blowing smoke at by looking at Quinn? you blow smoke to gain interest from teams below you, for the purpose of them offering you draft picks to move to your spot.

If Quinn drops to 9, there is NO question Miami would take him. Therefore, no reason to smoke screen people below them about Quinn.

Dolphins may have an interest in moving down, but they would use Quinn as their "bait" to do so? lol any team that moves into spot 9 (before the draft) for the sole purpose of hoping Quinn will be there at 9 is a little on the crazy side.

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Or it could be a smoke screen.

Highly unlikely. If Quinn drops to 9, it's common sense that someone in the top 10 is bound to take him. Plus, you can't smokescreen history. Mueller and Saban scouted him intensely very early last year for the draft until Quinn decided to stay for his senior year.

Phanatical
04-11-2007, 06:23 PM
If Quinn falls to 9, and they DONT take him, I'll quit watching football this year. (P.S. I say something like that every year) Ha ha.

GO PHINS~!

Roman529
04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I think if Quinn gets past the first three pickers, than we should be on the phone with the Skins and trying to move up. We need a QB, and we are going to be a very average team until we upgrade.

TPD1479
04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
And if the Browns grab Quinn we can snag Russell.:D

No thanks!!!!

Jaj
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
They won't draft Quinn they'll draft Russell at 3.

J Tes
04-11-2007, 07:52 PM

Quinn was on Rome today and was asked about the things teams ask of him durin g these interviews. He said the hardest so far was Miami giving him a playbook and giving him one day to remember as much as he could. He said it went really well. I'm convinced at this point that he's who I want in the first. I have never been a big fan of trading up, but for Quinn I think we need to. If he lasts until 5 or 6 I would start caling of the hook until either bite.

Jaj
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
After that point he's ours. It's earlier that matters.

Regan21286
04-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Quinn was on Rome today and was asked about the things teams ask of him durin g these interviews. He said the hardest so far was Miami giving him a playbook and giving him one day to remember as much as he could. He said it went really well. I'm convinced at this point that he's who I want in the first. I have never been a big fan of trading up, but for Quinn I think we need to. If he lasts until 5 or 6 I would start caling of the hook until either bite.

Man, Cam sure knows how to test his QB's. And it would seem Quinn and the Dolphins FO have a mutual deep interest in each other. Hopefully, Miami can be able to give him our actual full-length playbook to study. :wink:

PhinSoldia
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
They won't draft Quinn they'll draft Russell at 3.

if johnson goes one-Millen will go Russel and Cleveland might or might not go Quinn-if not he will slide down to 6 but then there is a problem because i wouldnt want to give up a 3rd rounder if he has the potential to slide down to us-minny MIGHT want him and i guess we dont want to take a risk on letting go