PDA

View Full Version : skins not only first oppenent but could land us our franchise QB!

ohiobryan
04-11-2007, 05:52 PM
oh i am starting to love yes love the washington redskins who have if im not mistaken only 3 picks in the 2007 draft...they could use a few more.....oak-det-clev-tb-arz......wont take quinn neither will the skins who future qb is named jason campbell..but the vikings at number 7 most likely will thank god hail to those redskins fight for old d.c.? yes sing it dolfans......skins pick at number 6 is the perfect trading partner it would only cost us our first round pick overall number 9 overall...and one of our second round picks to move up only 3 spots.! what do you say finfans? I HAVE A GREAT FEELING BRADY QUINN IS GOING TO BE A MIAMI DOLPHIN COME DRAFT DAY! GO FINS 11-5 PLAYOFFS BABY RICKY AND PORTER MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PIGSKIN.:bighug:

eomdtbtr
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
oh i am starting to love yes love the washington redskins who have if im not mistaken only 3 picks in the 2007 draft...they could use a few more.....oak-det-clev-tb-arz......wont take quinn neither will the skins who future qb is named jason campbell..but the vikings at number 7 most likely will thank god hail to those redskins fight for old d.c.? yes sing it dolfans......skins pick at number 6 is the perfect trading partner it would only cost us our first round pick overall number 9 overall...and one of our second round picks to move up only 3 spots.! what do you say finfans? I HAVE A GREAT FEELING BRADY QUINN IS GOING TO BE A MIAMI DOLPHIN COME DRAFT DAY! GO FINS 11-5 PLAYOFFS BABY RICKY AND PORTER MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PIGSKIN.:bighug:

I agree 100%:ninja:

finfan54
04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
im sure Mueller has his eye on it.

Roman529
04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
OK let's do it!!! We need a QB in the worst way.

Pocoloco
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
The Skins' lack of picks makes them a likely trade up partner on draft day, but it makes them attractive for everybody.

If Carolina wanted to drop a couple first day picks their way to get Quinn, the Skins would happily take it. It would be much better for them than just our second. Same with New England's two firsts. They could jump up there, take Landry, and block a trade up move on our part, causing Quinn to go to the Vikings.

The Skins can wheel and deal here. They are not a lock to be there at #6 come draft day.

dominizzo
04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Brady Quinn Or jaMa4rcus

Raging Bull
04-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I want Quiin so bad

JGray
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Quinn will not get past Cleveland.

emrovo
04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Guys, I heard today (11 APR 07) from the Dan patrick radio show that a lot of people are not sold on Brady Quinn, to include two well established sport writers that cover the Fighting Irish in South Bend. They said that Brady Quinn is overated, a pretty face that got the benefit of playing for Notre Dame under Weiss, a 3rd to 4th round talent, and that they are comparing him to Rick Mirer.

JC
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
we won't know until we draft him but we need a franchise quarterback and the two guys in the draft who can offer that luxury are quinn and russel

Pinrod33
04-11-2007, 07:16 PM

I don't mean to single you out, but I love it when people are just sooooooo certain of what's going to happen. I forget who it is that has the CPep thread on his sig where there are over ten members that say "Pep is staying where he is", "there's no way Daunte ends up in Miami".

I guess what I am saying is that you really just don't know what's going to happen. I have to agree that I would love it if we could move up and get a (hopefully) franchise qb for the price of a Wes Welker, but I also have to agree with what you guys are saying about it being very attractive to many other teams that can give more than the 9th and a practically early 3rd round pick. I hope Mueller has figured that out as well, and if he wants to move up that he offers a sweet deal right off the bat that will give the Skins an offer they won't want to risk losing......... although I don't think we should give up too much either. What's the scouting report on this Edward's guy? I have to admit that I don't know much about him.

Vertical Limit
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
The Skins' lack of picks makes them a likely trade up partner on draft day, but it makes them attractive for everybody.

If Carolina wanted to drop a couple first day picks their way to get Quinn, the Skins would happily take it. It would be much better for them than just our second. Same with New England's two firsts. They could jump up there, take Landry, and block a trade up move on our part, causing Quinn to go to the Vikings.

The Skins can wheel and deal here. They are not a lock to be there at #6 come draft day.
Chances are, Carolina won't be looking at quarterback, especially with David Carr on the roster now, which IMO would not be surprised if he ends up starting over Jake Delhomme in the middle of the season.

We're talking about the leagues leader in completion percentage, with a canon arm finally playing behind a good offensive line [huge upgrade over what he had in Houston], a running game, and a weapon named Steve Smith.

David Carr is in the perfect situation to start over his career.

HenneGivenSunday
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Carr to Carolina was a great career move for him. i wouldnt be surprised if he took over the starting job by the end of the season. delhomme hasn't been anything spectacular since the carolina superbowl season.

zach8111
04-11-2007, 08:19 PM
i have been saying this for a while now but actually according to the "draft value chart" it would only cost our third rounder but i would even give up our late 2 that we got from the patriots for wes if we had to.:ninja:

zach8111
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
i wouldnt be so sure, according to the reporters on espn clevelands draft choices go like thisin this order: russell, AP, then quinn, and thomas. plus crennell needs to win now or he's fired and AP gives them their best chance to win now and get green. quinn if a future move not to win now. and think if they we gonna get quinn wouldnt you have signed jamal lewis to more than 1 year contract? i would have. they are going after AP unless so odd reason russell is there at #3.

daniel3
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Some of you need to get used to the idea that our 1st round pick will be a choice of Carriker, Okoye, or Brown and stop drinking the homer juice which allows you to visualize Quinn dropping to us.

MiaDolph99
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
By the points system we'd only need to give up a 1st and 3rd not a 1st and 2nd.. it's 3 spots and 1st and 2nd would move us up about 6 spots. I still wouldnt get my hopes up.. If we trade up with Washington there's still a chance that a team that wants Quinn could move up ahead of us.

ohiobryan
04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
if raiders take johnson.....and browns take peterson or russell quinn is a lock to fall to 6 so we can trade up with skins....but the vikings and texans may not take quinn so he drops to 9 which still may happen.....either way the dolphins brass should only be eyeing brady quinn right now and no one else!

ohiobryan
04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
and there is no idea better then brady quinn!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhinSoldia
04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
if raiders take johnson.....and browns take peterson or russell quinn is a lock to fall to 6 so we can trade up with skins....but the vikings and texans may not take quinn so he drops to 9 which still may happen.....either way the dolphins brass should only be eyeing brady quinn right now and no one else!

agreed

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM

Why would the Redskins want 2 late 1st rd picks from the Pats when they could get the number 9 pick and the 7th pick in the 2nd rd.

dolphindude13
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I would absolutely love to get Brady Quinn, but if we're going to win this year or at least be competitive Cpep has got to be healthy. Quinn is a QB of the future and is not going to be a great QB immediately. I also wouldn't mind getting Landry. My favorite pick would be Joe Thomas the only CANT miss guy in the draft imo. Unfortunately that has no shot of happening.

jlfin
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Some of you need to get used to the idea that our 1st round pick will be a choice of Carriker, Okoye, or Brown and stop drinking the homer juice which allows you to visualize Quinn dropping to us.

I beleive the topic of this thread relates to the Phins trading up via the Redskins to POSSIBLY land Quinn. Quinn dropping to 9 is just a hope that many have. You post implies that this has never happened before, yet Ben Roethlisberger dropping to 11 and Leinart dropping to 10 completely shoot down you pessimistic projection. BTW, do you think Shula in his wildest dreams ever expected Marino to last until the end of the 1st rd?

Dolfan32323
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I think the Fins could possibly deal a 1st and 3rd rounder for Was.'s #6.

nighttrain76
04-11-2007, 11:01 PM
I want Quiin so bad

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

ChuckKLINGBEIL
04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I think the first 8 picks will be:
Calvin Johnson
JeMarcus Russell
Joe Thomas
Brady Quinn
Gaines Adams
Laron Landry
Levi Brown
Omobi Okoye

These players will be available at 9:
Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

this will create a dilemna and possible trade-down scenario,
the players that the Dolphins would like to fall to them would be
Landry, Okoye, Brown or Quinn...but none of them will fall...the
next best player available will be Adrian Peterson and we dont need
a running back.

ChuckKLINGBEIL
04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
With so many holes...
the Dolphins are not in the position to trade up
they need more picks, not less...
Dolphins wont trade up

Jaj
04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
That's a pretty big assumption. We have needs, but blowing your top 10 pick on a player who doesn't solve a need and become a strong contributor is a poor move. Solving the QB situation is worth one extra pick.

ChuckKLINGBEIL
04-12-2007, 12:28 AM
they wont trade up, whoever thinks they will is gonna be dissapointed...

this happens every year...

ChuckKLINGBEIL
04-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Brady Quinn doesnt solve a need...
he puts the franchise back another 5 years....

Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, etc....

PhinSoldia
04-12-2007, 01:23 AM

will i win the lottery oh great one? :pray:

ChuckKLINGBEIL
04-12-2007, 02:54 AM
just go back and look at his big game perfomances...

he is a choker...he is very innacurate, he's overrated...

fishypete
04-12-2007, 03:42 AM
i wouldnt be so sure, according to the reporters on espn clevelands draft choices go like thisin this order: russell, AP, then quinn, and thomas. plus crennell needs to win now or he's fired and AP gives them their best chance to win now and get green. quinn if a future move not to win now. and think if they we gonna get quinn wouldnt you have signed jamal lewis to more than 1 year contract? i would have. they are going after AP unless so odd reason russell is there at #3.

I hate to say it...but if Crennell needs to win now or be fired....he better start packing....because no one player is going to make that much difference in one season.

jlfin
04-12-2007, 06:47 AM

Spoken definitively without a single shred of evidence. From an historical perspective you are VERY wrong.
When someone compares Mirer to Quinn it demonstrates an uninformed opinion because the only similarity between the 2 is the uniform they wore.
Ryan Leak and Akili Smith were one yr wonders and historically those types of QB have not done well.
The highly scrutinized multi-yr starters have historically been sound players.

Phanatical
04-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Spoken definitively without a single shred of evidence. From an historical perspective you are VERY wrong.
When someone compares Mirer to Quinn it demonstrates an uninformed opinion because the only similarity between the 2 is the uniform they wore.
Ryan Leak and Akili Smith were one yr wonders and historically those types of QB have not done well.
The highly scrutinized multi-yr starters have historically been sound players.

At least the guy has the potential to be great. I would rather draft someone like that then someone that is clearly a project. Mueller's plan is (I believe) to draft a QB every year. So, if he doesn't pan out, who knows, maybe Lemon or next years pick will.

GO PHINS~!

PhinSoldia
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I hate to say it...but if Crennell needs to win now or be fired....he better start packing....because no one player is going to make that much difference in one season.

he need to get Peterson-thats the closest thing to sure in this years' draft- he needs to take pressure off of the QB and Peterson will do that and make thier offense instant-like you said-drafting Quinn wont grant him instant success

PhinSoldia
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
just go back and look at his big game perfomances...

he is a choker...he is very innacurate, he's overrated...

and has the physical abilities to run a franchise-look i dont care how many big games he's choked in-ND"s D didnt t ry to stop russel and they played a better team- i guess Jay Cutler was a choker because his team didnt win much games and because he choked(but had AMAZING workouts) we shouldnt consider him for the franchise because the GREAT SWAMMY said he will set this franchise back 5 years-like i asked before sir-when am i going to win the lottery

jlfin
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
and has the physical abilities to run a franchise-look i dont care how many big games he's choked in-ND"s D didnt t ry to stop russel and they played a better team- i guess Jay Cutler was a choker because his team didnt win much games and because he choked(but had AMAZING workouts) we shouldnt consider him for the franchise because the GREAT SWAMMY said he will set this franchise back 5 years-like i asked before sir-when am i going to win the lottery

Don't forget Peyton Manning. That loser couldn't beat Florida :rolleyes2