PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop question

finsrule84
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Will i have a problem if i register my acquired copy of Photoshop? i was trying to activate it, but it seems i accidentally registered it instead due to some unclear instructions (Of course i didn't send any real information, but still...)

like2god
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
How did you acquire it?

If you downloaded it illegally, then you more than likely could have a problem. If it's nothing more than a simple mixup, then just contact Adobe and let them know what the deal is. I'm sure that they have seen problems like that before.

finsrule84
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
... How big of a problem?

like2god
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
... How big of a problem?
:lol:

Well I'm not sure how many different definitions of illegal are out there, but I would say some pretty big trouble.

Listen, I personally don't care how you got it, if you're worried about getting in trouble, don't register it. But don't do it again because sooner or later that type of thing will catch up with you. I see that you're 17 so I can understand that paying $600 for a computer program isn't always feasable, but understand that big companies don't care how old you are.

Reminds me of my Napster/kazaa days, always wondering if I was going to get caught. :lol:

finsrule84
04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
:lol:

Well I'm not sure how many different definitions of illegal are out there, but I would say some pretty big trouble.

Listen, I personally don't care how you got it, if you're worried about getting in trouble, don't register it. But don't do it again because sooner or later that type of thing will catch up with you. I see that you're 17 so I can understand that paying $600 for a computer program isn't always feasable, but understand that big companies don't care how old you are.

Reminds me of my Napster/kazaa days, always wondering if I was going to get caught. :lol:

Again, i didn't actually put my information in there i registered as None None and my e-mail address is none@none.com lol

i just wanted to play around with some photos...

like2god
04-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Again, i didn't actually put my information in there i registered as None None and my e-mail address is none@none.com lol

i just wanted to play around with some photos...
There is another program called GIMP that is totally free. It isn't top of the line like PS but it gets the job done. I have seen some sigs made with GIMP that are amazing.

Check it out. http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=f085dc759d2991be&clickedItemRank=1&userQuery=gimp&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gimp.org%2F&title=GIMP+-+The+GNU+Image+Manipulation+Program&moduleId=matchingsites.jsp.M&clickedItemPageRanking=1&clickedItemPage=1&clickedItemDescription=WebResults

finsrule84
04-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah so i researched it and it seems the worst that could happen is adobe blocking me from using it even if i buy it legally, which i'm probably not going to do until after i move and go to college. I deleted my copy anyways before that happened. I'm checking out GIMP instead.