04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Updated April 12th

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

dominizzo
04-12-2007, 01:38 PM
After QUinnn Thats is horrible!! A Gonzo!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spicy Henne
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah the Quinn pick is definitely something a lot of fans want to see, but in the second we pass on Sidney Rice for Gonzalez just because he has return abilities?
Also, only one first day O-Lineman, and it's Marshall Yanda.
Yikes.

The Confessor
04-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Branch, Ugoh and Allison

WTF. No thanks

SR 7
04-12-2007, 01:45 PM
WOW, if u ask me thats a great draft but a bit so so with Gonzalez.

GCD960
04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I dont think we wait for Quinn. I say we try and deal with the Redskins.

That would suck to have Blaylock go one slot in front of us.

No way to gonzalez with khalil, miller, ugoh, sears on the board

satele in the 3rd also.

Bad mock but we get Quinn so its not to bad a mock

SR 7
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah the Quinn pick is definitely something a lot of fans want to see, but in the second we pass on Sidney Rice for Gonzalez just because he has return abilities?
Also, only one first day O-Lineman, and it's Marshall Yanda.
Yikes.

Gonzo doesnt have that they said thta about Wilson. and Dont be surprised if we DO go with 1 if that first day O lineman.

SR 7
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
I dont think we wait for Quinn. I say we try and deal with the Redskins.

That would suck to have Blaylock go one slot in front of us.

No way to gonzalez with khalil, miller, ugoh, sears on the board

satele in the 3rd also.

Bad mock but we get Quinn so its not to bad a mock

i dindt see teh sears or kahlil there, for sure sears if u ask me or kalil. Only thing, where does hadnot go sicne we are trying to lock him up contract wise? he isnt a LG. more of a RG and LJ is our RG n nothin more.

GCD960
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I just dont see how CAM says you build the o from the inside out and we let the top 2 Centers slip through our fingers. Are these things thought our or do people throw darts at names?

If we select a C, maybe LJ goes back to LT and Rex goes back to RG.

SR 7
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I just dont see how CAM says you build the o from the inside out and we let the top 2 Centers slip through our fingers. Are these things thought our or do people throw darts at names?

LJ was horrible at LT and it would be a mistake.

Regan21286
04-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I like the Quinn pick though it's pretty unlikely he'll fall to the 9. But Gonzalez over Sidney Rice, Craig Davis, Ryan Kalil, or Steve Smith is a no-no. Sidney Rice is like CJ lite and Kalil's got the best technique and experience of any college C. Josh Wilson is a huge reach in the 2nd especially when you have Jonathan Wade still on the board then. And Yanda despite having Satele or Zak DeOssie there? Another no-no.

malzj
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
If CJ goes number one than I can see quinn falling to us. The rest of the picks they have us getting....wtf are they thinking.

Read their weakness they have scouted for them and the only conclussion I can come up with is "ok, that guys sucks". If your first thought is "that guy sucks" then why would you even think about drafting that guy.

J-REMEDY
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
i just like the thought of getting to draft quinn and not having to trade to #6

CitizenSnips
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
My only beef, like everyone else, is hes got us taking Gonzalez over Ryan Kalil. It's just not gonna happen. Otherwise that'd be an amazing draft

miamirw
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Joe Staley is shooting up the board. We may grab him at #9, then get a corner with the first second round choice, and either Stanton or Edwards (QBs) with the second second.

Sleepers: Satele, C or Sab Picatelli S in the 3rd

O Linemen from Hawaii are money in the bank.

ckparrothead
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
It isn't all that unlikely nowadays...Quinn could be there at #9. It's coming down to the Browns and Vikings, and the Browns are definitely favoring Jamarcus Russell or Adrian Peterson. The Vikings...I dunno. I don't think they will want to scuttle Tarvaris Jackson, in the end. Would be different if he sucked but they've loved the guy since he showed up.

ChambersWI
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
aside from Yanda(who I jus don't personally like) that actually a very good mock for us

Finole
04-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Worst mock I've seen yet.

1. Drafting Alan Branch instead of Levi Brown would be a huge mistake. I could deal with Patrick Willis, Amobi Okoye, Ted Ginn, Robert Meachem, Darrelle Revis or Leon Hall. But not Branch.

2. I would be very unhappy if we drafted Tony Gonzalez instead of Kenny Irons, Ryan Kalil, Sidney Rice, or Drew Stanton.

3. Josh Wilson is a great pick. Can somebody explain to me why we would need Gonzalez to return kicks if we drafted Wilson?

4. Drafting Marshal Yanda instead of Jason Hill, Michael Bush, Samson Satele, Michael Coe, Aundrae Allison, John Beck, Tony Hunt, or Sabby Piscitelli would be another huge mistake.

Finole
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Exactly. If they're off the board when we pick, that's one thing. But to pass on not just one, but BOTH of them?! Ridiculous.

ChambersWI
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
a I missing something about Branch? Cause according to my computer. Scotty has us taking Brady Quinn in the first.

Borat
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Worst mock I've seen yet.

1. Drafting Alan Branch instead of Levi Brown would be a huge mistake. I could deal with Patrick Willis, Amobi Okoye, Ted Ginn, Robert Meachem, Darrelle Revis or Leon Hall. But not Branch.

2. I would be very unhappy if we drafted Tony Gonzalez instead of Kenny Irons, Ryan Kalil, Sidney Rice, or Drew Stanton.

3. Josh Wilson is a great pick. Can somebody explain to me why we would need Gonzalez to return kicks if we drafted Wilson?

4. Drafting Marshal Yanda instead of Jason Hill, Michael Bush, Samson Satele, Michael Coe, Aundrae Allison, John Beck, Tony Hunt, or Sabby Piscitelli would be another huge mistake.

You refreshed the other rounds but not the first heh.. NFLDC has us taking Quinn in the 1st, Branch was the March 22nd version..

Hoot {MWB}
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Quinn, Gonzales, Josh Wilson, Yanda. I'll be in Honduras during the draft, if I came back and saw those are the names we got...I'd be pretty happy.

We were able to take our franchise QB at 9, picked up a solid receiver and decent CB (great speed), along with a tough Iowa boy for the line. Not bad for first 3 rounds.

BUT, I would be disappointed if I saw we took Gonzales over Kalil. I think I would take Wade over Wilson as well. Definitely have to take Kalil if he is available at 40.

Finole
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Josh Wilson is a huge reach in the 2nd especially when you have Jonathan Wade still on the board then.

Actually, Mike Mayock lists Wilson as the 55th best prospect. So picking him at #60 seems like the opposite of a "reach."

Wilson and Wade are both about the same size, and about equal in speed. Wade is very raw, only has 1 year of experience at the position, and doesn't return kicks. Wilson is a big time return man, a significant upgrade over Welker as far as speed goes, he's very smart, more polished than Wade (right now), has zero character issues, and his father was Earl Campbell's lead blocker, so he knows what it takes to play in the NFL.

musphinzfan
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I think this draft would be a poor 1....Almost zero IMMEDIATE impact and theres no doubt this team needs this.

Finole
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
You refreshed the other rounds but not the first heh.. NFLDC has us taking Quinn in the 1st, Branch was the March 22nd version..

Oh. Well, then it isn't the worst draft I've seen. Quinn and Wilson would be great picks. I don't like Gonzalez simply because he would occupy the slot position that needs to be available to Chambers. And Yanda would have nowhere near the impact of a Jason Hill, Michael Bush, Samson Satele, or Aundrae Allison.

Also, Michael Coe and Tony Hunt are arguably just as talented at their respective positions and address bigger needs.

13marino13
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
i dindt see teh sears or kahlil there, for sure sears if u ask me or kalil. Only thing, where does hadnot go sicne we are trying to lock him up contract wise? he isnt a LG. more of a RG and LJ is our RG n nothin more.

Kahlil to the Raiders @ 33

AZStryker
04-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey, at least the got the first round right, well the part with us getting Quinn at least. I'm glad to see these draft sites come to their senses as it's almost a foregone conclusion at this point. Time to pre order a #10 jersey???

zach8111
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
nice i like the quinn pick

DUB
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Other than picking Oline so late, I don't see how anyone could complain. If we get Quinn without trading up, it's a successful draft. Id rather see satelle in the late second but like gonzo and yanda.

Frayser
04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
It isn't all that unlikely nowadays...Quinn could be there at #9. It's coming down to the Browns and Vikings, and the Browns are definitely favoring Jamarcus Russell or Adrian Peterson. The Vikings...I dunno. I don't think they will want to scuttle Tarvaris Jackson, in the end. Would be different if he sucked but they've loved the guy since he showed up.

I have still been holding out hope that they would be tempted by Laron Landry or Jamaal Anderson. Still not sure how much the Doss signing effects that.

MustangFinFan
04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
ok...scroll down to the middle of the page, left hand side where u see that ad for true.com and that girl in white. ive been trying hard for the past hour to save the picture...why? cuz im a loser like that.

gah dammit i want that picture.