PDA

View Full Version : i've had enough:bring us brady quinn at all costs cam/randy!

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
cam/randy.....bring us brady quinn no matter what trade up into the top 3 or at the 6 spot or at 9 whatever dolfans want no other player then one that will be our franchise qb for 10-15 years to come....you people yelling for levi brown ted ginn etc....are making me sick.....WE NEED A QB REPEAT AFTER ME A FRANCHISE QB AND BRADY QUINN FITS THE BILL! GO FINS........

Captain Lou
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
cam/randy.....bring us brady quinn no matter what trade up into the top 3 or at the 6 spot or at 9 whatever dolfans want no other player then one that will be our franchise qb for 10-15 years to come....you people yelling for levi brown ted ginn etc....are making me sick.....WE NEED A QB REPEAT AFTER ME A FRANCHISE QB AND BRADY QUINN FITS THE BILL! GO FINS........

You always so demanding. Don't worry we'll see Quinn this year on the side lines during the Browns game !

zach8111
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
i agree but i dont want to give up everything like ditka did for ricky williams, and give up evry draft pick for him. i think if we sit back and wait for him to drop to number 6 then we give up our 3 rounder to washington and get quinn. i really believe he will be there at #6

YetanotherFan
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

LOL take it easy ... Wanny and Spielman are not running the show. Have some faith in our FO Ohio!

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
quinn will be a fin 100 percent i feel it dolfans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajbaggott
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah but it is risky taking a qb in the draft and if he have to trade up and hes a bust then here we go again about the qb situation and we lose picks. We have alot of holes this year i rather draft one in the second round so we dont have to trade picks and try to build this team by useing all our picks this year and go and get trent green for this year to compete with cleo who didnt have to bad of a game and a half at the end of the year i was at the colts game and he showed signs at qb.

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
cleo lemon please he is a 3rd string qb at best!

finfan66
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I totally agree with this post. How long do we have to wait for a franchise quarterback? Isn't over 20 years long enough? Its definitely time to go after Quinn and I would say do whatever it takes to get this guy. However I think the fins are going to have to move up higher than 5 or 6 to get him. The only chance I see of Miami getting Quinn is if they trade with detroit for that number 2 pick. If the phins wait it out they are taking a risk, and then we will have to wait another year to draft our franchise quarterback. All these people saying draft Levi Brown need to wake up! We can get plenty of lineman in the later rounds. Ask the Raiders if they are happy with Robery Gallery?

utahphinsfan
04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
cam/randy.....bring us brady quinn no matter what BRADY QUINN FITS THE BILL! GO FINS........

2 thoughts. 1) Patience is virtue. 2) If BQ fits the Bill does that mean Buffalo will draft him?

kashbo
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
ahh thats your opinion Quinn is overrated, drew stanton is better than him I would like to see drew stanton as our back up next to Daunte

Elle Clouds
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Silly idea...what if Brady Quinn is not better than Drew Stanton... or any of the other qb's and we give up the farm for him... then we have less picks in the future and an unproven nfl qb... so my advice...invent a time machine..go back to when u got that silly idea.. and smack yourself...

wake up from this brady quinn nocturnal emission

nick1
04-12-2007, 03:21 PM
he would cost too much, he won't make it past Cleveland at #3 which means that how far we would have to trade up. give me Drew Stanton is round 2 and with the #9 pick make our defense even better with Amobi Okoye

Dol-Fan99
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree with doing whatever it takes for Quinn, I dont know that it would take all out draft picks, but our 1st the 2nd we got for Welker and our 3rd should get us in the ball game, maybe throw in next years 2nd or third!

tay0365
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Silly idea...what if Brady Quinn is not better than Drew Stanton... or any of the other qb's and we give up the farm for him... then we have less picks in the future and an unproven nfl qb... so my advice...invent a time machine..go back to when u got that silly idea.. and smack yourself...

wake up from this brady quinn nocturnal emission

The thing is, what if he proves to be the next Tom Brady, and we do nothing to get him.

I agree we do need to take Quinn, but not at any price, if he falls to #6, we throw a 3rd with our 1st to get him out there to the Redskins, if they take it...Good, if not, go with the next rated QB in the 2nd, and take another player at #9.

Elle Clouds
04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I agree with doing whatever it takes for Quinn, I dont know that it would take all out draft picks, but our 1st the 2nd we got for Welker and our 3rd should get us in the ball game, maybe throw in next years 2nd or third!

and where's your time machine?:err:

Dol-Fan99
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
and where's your time machine?:err:

Hmmm. Trading furture picks in not an odd thing, happens all the time.

Elle Clouds
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
The thing is, what if he proves to be the next Tom Brady, and we do nothing to get him.

I agree we do need to take Quinn, but not at any price, if he falls to #6, we throw a 3rd with our 1st to get him out there to the Redskins, if they take it...Good, if not, go with the next rated QB in the 2nd, and take another player at #9.

i say "maybe" about throwing in our third pick, but i rather not. I rather get younger in the draft by not giving up picks on unproven guys... For the fans that keep asking "What if Brady Quinn is the next Tom Brady?... Ask yourself, what if Stanton is the next Elway, or Edwards is the next Peyton.. how do u know? U dont, I dont, ESPN neither.. so to our FO and other posters that want to give up their wives to move up in the draft...

either build a time machine or sit back and see what happens with whichever QB we choose...Ill still love my dolphins :bighug:

LarryFinFan
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM

Ohio,

We all share your frustration...BUT....

a) The only way I see us even thinking about getting Quinn is if he's still there when Wash picks....and that's a slim, slim hope.

b) I still am not a proponent of trading away picks for anyone. Our real problem on this team is LACK OF TALENT in most areas of the team. Using extra picks to get a QB is not the smartest thing to do when we can fill several holes instead of just the one hole.

c) Having the extra 2nd round picks in this draft is a Godsend...I just wish they could trade down 4-6 spots and get even more picks on day one...

d) We know what it's like to have an All World QB (assuming that Quinn turns into something that resembles a franchise QB) and not have enough talent around him to make a difference...(see 17 yrs of Dan Marino). In short: Been there, done that.

e) We have very little quality depth anywhere really. That is why we need a solid draft and as many picks as we can get...

Elle Clouds
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Hmmm. Trading furture picks in not an odd thing, happens all the time.

I know. Im a Dolfan. Which is why I rather not do it this year. The FO needs to 1. Scout correctly. 2. Do their homework. 3.Draft! How hard is that... rinse and repeat

YetanotherFan
04-12-2007, 03:46 PM

We don't need the next Tom Brady to win or get to the SB ... just ask the Bears. Our over all team talent should increase this year and next if we dont give away the kitchen sink. Also, we need our draft picks to fill roster spots, we can't play with only half an o-line.

Dol-Fan99
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I know. Im a Dolfan. Which is why I rather not do it this year. The FO needs to 1. Scout correctly. 2. Do their homework. 3.Draft! How hard is that... rinse and repeat

I see your point, but for all of us who have been spoiled with Marino for all those years and have gone through the high turn-over at QB after him, i for once, just want to get a young QB to mold, not someone elses trash that we give up picks for anyways..

tay0365
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
i say "maybe" about throwing in our third pick, but i rather not. I rather get younger in the draft by not giving up picks on unproven guys... For the fans that keep asking "What if Brady Quinn is the next Tom Brady?... Ask yourself, what if Stanton is the next Elway, or Edwards is the next Peyton.. how do u know? U dont, I dont, ESPN neither.. so to our FO and other posters that want to give up their wives to move up in the draft...

either build a time machine or sit back and see what happens with whichever QB we choose...Ill still love my dolphins :bighug:

Basically what I am saying is, if Miami gives up their 1 and 3rd to move up to get Brady, I will have no problem (They saw something that made them think he is worth it), but anything more then a 3rd, might upset me a bit.

If it were me, I would sit back and either watch Brady fall to me at 9, or take the one I would have rated 2nd in the 2nd round. No matter what, I too will support my team. :)

Elle Clouds
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I see your point, but for all of us who have been spoiled with Marino for all those years and have gone through the high turn-over at QB after him, i for once, just want to get a young QB to mold, not someone elses trash that we give up picks for anyways..

I have also grown tired from being the NFL's boneyard for washed up QB's, formerly known as the "Dolphin Dump" and "Retirement Resort" but I firmly believe that we should not give up anything excessive for Quinn. He has not taken one snap in the NFL, so we have no idea how he will play. We make predictions from his college play, but lets not forget others like Leaf, Frazier Ward, Wuerffel, Smith and other Qb that have problems transitioning to the "L". Taking a gamble on Quinn could set our team back years considering we dont get much younger and will not fill as many holes needed for future success. I rather play it safe this draft, and get the guys that we feel can come in and help our organization rather than looking for hope in just another guy that can throw the ball just with more media hype.

Remember Leinart and the Vince young debate.... THey knocked Vince, but he came out handling his own and Leinart did what he could. Point being, both qb's were nice and will get better, but noone gave up the farm to get them..

Think of what we gave up for Ricky Williams and how it has affected our organization.

and i like ricky williams

Dol-Fan99
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I have also grown tired from being the NFL's boneyard for washed up QB's, formerly known as the "Dolphin Dump" and "Retirement Resort" but I firmly believe that we should not give up anything excessive for Quinn. He has not taken one snap in the NFL, so we have no idea how he will play. We make predictions from his college play, but lets not forget others like Leaf, Frazier Ward, Wuerffel, Smith and other Qb that have problems transitioning to the "L". Taking a gamble on Quinn could set our team back years considering we dont get much younger and will not fill as many holes needed for future success. I rather play it safe this draft, and get the guys that we feel can come in and help our organization rather than looking for hope in just another guy that can throw the ball just with more media hype.

Remember Leinart and the Vince young debate.... THey knocked Vince, but he came out handling his own and Leinart did what he could. Point being, both qb's were nice and will get better, but noone gave up the farm to get them..

Think of what we gave up for Ricky Williams and how it has affected our organization.

and i like ricky williams

Can't argue with any of that... I guess i just want Quinn bad, I think he can make a difference sooner then later...

tay0365
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
We don't need the next Tom Brady to win or get to the SB ... just ask the Bears. Our over all team talent should increase this year and next if we dont give away the kitchen sink. Also, we need our draft picks to fill roster spots, we can't play with only half an o-line.

Well, even though I understand what you are saying and agree that we do have more then enough talent right now as long as we don't blow it, I f you get a chance to draft a possible franchise QB, you do it, and a 3rd round pick is far from giving up the kitchen sink, especially when you consider we do have two 2nd round picks.

Can you imagine how the state of the Dolphins would have been, if we had believed the rumors and we hadn't picked Marino in 83.

A franchise QB makes a bad team competitive, a good team great, a great team Elite and perennial Superbowl team.

chillyphins
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
This may sound a bit ridiculous but which of these two scenarios would you prefer.

A) The dolphins trade their first and third to move up to get Quinn.

or

B) The dolphins don't trade up at all (down would be OK) and take Drew Stanton in the second round and someone like Kolb in the third round. This way they devote the same number of picks to a quarterback and have a security blanket for not drafting a bust. If they both turn out to be good NFL talents, nothing draws interest from other teams like a good young backup quarterback. Look at what Atlanta got for an unproven Schaub.

Personally I prefer the second option. I would prefer two quarterback prospects than one for the exact same price. Not that a team would draft quarterbacks in back to back rounds, but if a team would the Dolphins should this year!

Thoughts???

DRNEWBEE
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I too would like Mr. Quinn. I was big on Notre dame letting him start as a frosh, and I think he is going to be a solid pro-QB for the next 8 to 10 years based on his smarts and work ethic, however I am very wary about making our whole draft about Brady and giving up alot of picks for him, it just might not be meant to be...

DRNEWBEE
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
This may sound a bit ridiculous but which of these two scenarios would you prefer.

A) The dolphins trade their first and third to move up to get Quinn.

or

B) The dolphins don't trade up at all (down would be OK) and take Drew Stanton in the second round and someone like Kolb in the third round. This way they devote the same number of picks to a quarterback and have a security blanket for not drafting a bust. If they both turn out to be good NFL talents, nothing draws interest from other teams like a good young backup quarterback. Look at what Atlanta got for an unproven Schaub.

Personally I prefer the second option. I would prefer two quarterback prospects than one for the exact same price. Not that a team would draft quarterbacks in back to back rounds, but if a team would the Dolphins should this year!

Thoughts???

Now way we take two rookie QBs...

chillyphins
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Now way we take two rookie QBs...

How is that any worse than just giving the pick away to draft one rookie quarterback?

DRNEWBEE
04-12-2007, 04:36 PM
How is that any worse than just giving the pick away to draft one rookie quarterback?

Let me rephrase...I agree with you in choosing option "B", but I'd rather get just one QB and see how it goes and I am pretty sure we wouldn't draft two rook QBs.

NashPhin
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
There are just so many repetitions to go around in practice in developing a young quarterback. Plus, drafting two quarterbacks on day one of the draft would give us Culpepper, Lemon, Hamdan, Rookie A, Rookie B, and possibly Trent Green (even though Gibran Hamdan would probably be cut in that scenario).

I would love to get Quinn, but if it requires a king's ransom, I think we should go conservative and draft Levi Brown. It's not an overly exciting pick, but this team has consistently had subpar line play since the days when Webb and Sims were in their prime.

Then, we could address the quarterback position with one of our second round picks taking either Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton. I think that might be the smartest plan of action.

OneHondo
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM

Errr...Do you realize what you just posted about not giving up picks on unproven guys? All of the players that are drafted are unproven guys. There have been busts at every position and you don't have to look far, look at Miami's past drafts all the way back to 1966. We have had our share of first round players who were highly touted and were busts but we have drafted three (3) quarterbacks in the first round with one bust and two in the Hall of Fame.
Its really funny how so many people on here are authorities on Brady Quinn and know he is going to be a bust, a flop, a wasted pick, when so many head coaches, general managers, scouts and sports media persons believe he is a good quarterback with great potential.

umpalu
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Quinn = Tim Couch. I would be sad if he dropped to us because we would pick him and I would be even more sad if we moved up to get him. There are no first round franchise qbs in this draft and no sure fire franchise qbs anywhere in this draft. I think the few that have a shot can be had in the 2nd and 3rd. They are even further away from being franchise qbs, but at least it is 'less of a risk' drafting them down lower. Quinn will be average, Russell lacks football iq from what i have heard so i am not sure how he will fair. This is a week qb class, we should just deal with it and move on this year. I am all for a franchise qb and it is our most pressing need, BUT YOU WILL NOT FIND HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THIS DRAFT

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
President Of The Brady Quinn Bandwagon We Will And Must Get Him In Aqua And Orange Randy/cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Better Do It Or Else!

TRUEPHIN
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Quinn = Tim Couch. I would be sad if he dropped to us because we would pick him and I would be even more sad if we moved up to get him. There are no first round franchise qbs in this draft and no sure fire franchise qbs anywhere in this draft. I think the few that have a shot can be had in the 2nd and 3rd. They are even further away from being franchise qbs, but at least it is 'less of a risk' drafting them down lower. Quinn will be average, Russell lacks football iq from what i have heard so i am not sure how he will fair. This is a week qb class, we should just deal with it and move on this year. I am all for a franchise qb and it is our most pressing need, BUT YOU WILL NOT FIND HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THIS DRAFT

I like your thinking.

TRUEPHIN
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
President Of The Brady Quinn Bandwagon We Will And Must Get Him In Aqua And Orange Randy/cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Better Do It Or Else!

:nono:

Or else what?

nolefin
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
whatever it takes! and i mean whatever!

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
or else they like our past coaches will share the same ending a pink slip the miami dolphins need a franchise QB end of story!

TRUEPHIN
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
or else they like our past coaches will share the same ending a pink slip the miami dolphins need a franchise QB end of story!

I agree we need a franchise QB but I don't think Quinn is that guy.

bluegrassbubba
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
cleo lemon please he is a 3rd string qb at best!

Where does all this hate come from, Cleo looked as good or better that Joey did last year, even in his limited playing time, I say he is definetely our 2nd QB next season, competing for the starting job. I don't see us drafting Quinn unless he slides to #9. We don't need to give up our draft picks, let's learn from our past mistakes, Please!!

Tureo
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
quinn will be a fin 100 percent i feel it dolfans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't feel it.

JAKEIII
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Edwards in the 3rd.

Tureo
04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I will sit back and see what QB we will select on the first day. Finally, our team will select a QB on the first day of the draft. Cam and Randy have attended the private workouts of Edwards, Quinn, and Stanton. I would like Quinn, but not at all costs. I would love it if we drafted Stanton in the 2nd rd of Edwards in the 3rd. Out team will finally have a future QB.