PDA

View Full Version : A Lebron james situation?

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow As I watched ESPN on the clock series the Dolphins Mel kiper chose that they will select 19 year old whattt a 19 year old Amobi Okoye DT of louisville. He started college @ 15 years of age dang I just started and this is my second semester and I am 19 years old. So I would like to know What do you guyz think about him

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow As I watched ESPN on the clock series the Dolphins Mel kiper chose that they will select 19 year old whattt a 19 year old Amobi Okoye DT of louisville. He started college @ 15 years of age dang I just started and this is my second semester and I am 19 years old. So I would like to know What do you guyz think about him

I think he is a beast but he needs some seasoning. HE DEFINITELY has the potential to cause havock for an OL. He is one os those phenom players... Whoever gets him will have a DE for years to come.

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I think he is a beast but he needs some seasoning. HE DEFINITELY has the potential to cause havock for an OL. He is one os those phenom players... Whoever gets him will have a DE for years to come.
I know man hes only 19

SCall13
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I would be pretty pleased if we got him, provided we aren't able to land Quinn. (Which is looking less and less likely). Okoye is probably my second choice. This kid is very young and dominant. Extremely fast. He's not huge, but he still has about 2 or 3 growing years left. I'd love to have him.

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I know man hes only 19

Unreal isnt it. I think when I was 19....I was all about getting girls and partying... This kid is going to be a possible top 15 pick in the NFL draft... I think he will be doing great things in the NFL... Mark my words.

zach8111
04-12-2007, 02:36 PM
he is really good and he went to HARVARD for a few years then transfered to louisville for football and is really good and yes is old 19 years old with a college degree. i dont think we should take him though cuz have more pressing need and can find a decent DT in the later rounds that are almost as good as him

nick1
04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
great pass rusher considering that he's a DT and he can stop the run as well, he can be a dominate Warren Sapp type DT. with that said I think with the two Wright's we have at DT along with Evans and Traylor that we don't go DT. maybe if we project him as a 3-4 DE

NJFINSFAN1
04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
The kid will be a force for years to come, he is a pretty amazing story if you read about him.

That being said, get me Quinn.

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
he is really good and he went to HARVARD for a few years then transfered to louisville for football and is really good and yes is old 19 years old with a college degree. i dont think we should take him though cuz have more pressing need and can find a decent DT in the later rounds that are almost as good as him

True. I think if our offense was somewhat set better than it is now. You could see him in a Fins uni....

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
The kid will be a force for years to come, he is a pretty amazing story if you read about him.

That being said, get me Quinn.

I was real impressed with what I read about him. Blew me away actually. Very smart young man.

Chances are....we may not even get him. But then again, stranger things have happened. With all the smokescreens here lately....it is hard as hell to tell...

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow I bet now he will inspire many young kids to stay in school and work hard on becoming the best

first&goal
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Good player with great potential, but I still hope to get Quinn.

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow I bet now he will inspire many young kids to stay in school and work hard on becoming the best

I tell ya what. After reading about him...Makes me wish I did more with my life back when I was that young. He sounds liek a great kid.

Caliphinfan23
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
"This kid is very young and dominant. Extremely fast. He's not huge"

Dude, what!? 6'2'' 302lbs. ???Yeah I guess he could put on a few pounds !

With our strength at LB and weakness at DB I think DT is a luxury, though.

SabanHater
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't know if he would help us right away. That's what we need.... help now!

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
actually if you think about it if he loses a couple pds he can become like a adalius thomas versitile player

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
if we want to improve our offense right away than we should take Ted Ginn Jr, I know I have been against taking this guy at #9 overall all offseason. but I am warming up to the idea, he could really open up our offense. in a similair way that Reggie Bush did for NO

LOL....You just compared Ginn to Bush. There is no comparison. Ginn is an overrated WR that can't run routes and is hurt to easy and can't recover fast eough. See his latest work out for the scouts. He kept falling due to his ankle sprain...yes rain was a factor but they are blaming his ankle. If they take him...I would be totally upset.

ohiobryan
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
no thanks it's quinn and only quinn!

nick1
LOL....You just compared Ginn to Bush. There is no comparison. Ginn is an overrated WR that can't run routes and is hurt to easy and can't recover fast eough. See his latest work out for the scouts. He kept falling due to his ankle sprain...yes rain was a factor but they are blaming his ankle. If they take him...I would be totally upset.
I just looked at his workout, that was horrible. I withdraw what I said

kashbo

4 real did he just do that man bush is way better than ginn

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
way to correct yourself buddy

O'townPhinFan

Oh ok....cool. Im tellin ya....Ginn isnt what people think he is. He is a PR/KR at best.

ajbaggott
yeah i think he is going to be a great player in a few years and i rather have him instead of levi brown and wouldnt mind if hes there at 9 to pick him. I also think he is going to be a beast in a few years

nick1
04-12-2007, 02:51 PM
so what are our options at #9? there doesn't seem to be a good player at a need position around #9. Quinn will be gone, Levi Brown might be the best choice. he's the only player at #9 who would help our offense, we might have to go defense

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
so what are our options at #9? there doesn't seem to be a good player at a need position around #9. Quinn will be gone, Levi Brown might be the best choice
Thats what I think we will choose but if we picl okoye that would be cool too

kashbo
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I just though of something if we do draft okoye he can learn from, jason taylor and jason could retire in like 2-3 years and okoye culd take his place

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
so what are our options at #9? there doesn't seem to be a good player at a need position around #9. Quinn will be gone, Levi Brown might be the best choice

That would be the question of the day. L. Brown...Maybe Landry or even Okoye. I really have lost track on who the possibilities are. So many smokescreen and trade scenarios out there...

Agent51
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Where did you get that info from? He moved to Alabama when he was 12 and tested into the 9th grade. Started football in the 10th grade (so 13 years old), graduated when he was 15 and signed with Louisville and played all 4 years with them, putting him at 19 years old today, so when in that time period did he attend HARVARD?

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I just though of something if we do draft okoye he can learn from, jason taylor and jason could retire in like 2-3 years and okoye culd take his place

Okoye is a DT, so unless he is moving to DE in the NFL he can't take Taylor's place when he retires.

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Where did you get that info from? He moved to Alabama when he was 12 and tested into the 9th grade. Started football in the 10th grade (so 13 years old), graduated when he was 15 and signed with Louisville and played all 4 years with them, putting him at 19 years old today, so when in that time period did he attend HARVARD?

Online correspondence.....lol....Its new at Harvard......j/k man.....:goof:

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Okoye is a DT, so unless he is moving to DE in the NFL he can't take Taylor's place when he retires.

HEY!!!!

There will be no logic being used around here today........:evil: :goof:

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Online correspondence.....lol....Its new at Harvard......j/k man.....:goof:

:lol:

Let's just call him a graduate of Harvard law, and he was able to complete the course in one summer.

So now he is a 19 year old NFL defensive tackle who has a psychology degree from Louisville and a law degree from Harvard. And this may just be a smokescreen, but I heard he knows the cure for cancer too :wink:

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
:lol:

Let's just call him a graduate of Harvard law, and he was able to complete the course in one summer.

So now he is a 19 year old NFL defensive tackle who has a psychology degree from Louisville and a law degree from Harvard. And this may just be a smokescreen, but I heard he knows the cure for cancer too :wink:

See....someone finally buys into the system.....:sidelol:

kashbo
my bad I thought Isaid on my previous comment that he can become a versitile player like adalius thomas*

kashbo
actually if you think about it if he loses a couple pds he can become like a adalius thomas versitile player

I knew I did

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
my bad I thought Isaid on my previous comment that he can become a versitile player like adalius thomas*

I apologize, I didn't see that one. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything in my post about him being a DT not a DE anyway, I didn't mean for it to come out like that if it did, I was just pointing out that Okoye wouldn't help fill a need when JT retires because they are different positions. But IDK, this kid is some sort of freak (only been playing football for 6 years and already a top 15 NFL pick, etc) so I wouldn't doubt he could be an Adalius Thomas-esq player.

kashbo
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I apologize, I didn't see that one. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything in my post about him being a DT not a DE anyway, I didn't mean for it to come out like that if it did, I was just pointing out that Okoye wouldn't help fill a need when JT retires because they are different positions. But IDK, this kid is some sort of freak (only been playing football for 6 years and already a top 15 NFL pick, etc) so I wouldn't doubt he could be an Adalius Thomas-esq player.

no probs bro I know what you mean

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I love lamp....:lol:

kashbo
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I love lamp....:lol:

lamp?:confused:

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
lamp?:confused:

I guess we never saw Anchor Man huh.... I thought I would throw that out there. I had an out of body experience and it wasn't me....:tongue:

BlueFin
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I think depending on how the draft falls, he possibly could be the BPA on the board when pick 9 is on clock.

CCMiamiDolphins
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM

Dont it seem weird that theres gonna be someone our age in the NFL.

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Dont it seem weird that theres gonna be someone our age in the NFL.

Ok you two young thundercats....lol. Us old peeps got things going on too....hahahahahahaha.

Respect us elders.....:goof:

Just playin....

kashbo
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I wanted to see anchor man with will ferrel right?

Agent51
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM

Yes.

Jack Black: "Well guess what, now this is happening"
*picks up the little dog and punts it off the bridge*
"That's how I roll"

:sidelol:

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM

That be it my friend.... Funny movie.

CCMiamiDolphins
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok you two young thundercats....lol. Us old peeps got things going on too....hahahahahahaha.

Respect us elders.....:goof:

Just playin....

haha sorry just weird thinking that someone my age is going to be in the NFL. Man im getting old. I use to look up to players as role models. Soon they will be my age

O'townPhinFan
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
haha sorry just weird thinking that someone my age is going to be in the NFL. Man im getting old. I use to look up to players as role models. Soon they will be my age

Actually you are seeing it more in sports unlike in the old days....lol. When kids like Okoye show what you can do when you put you mind to it...you can do anything. Good thing the NFL has that 3 yr removed out of high school rule huh. Kids in the NBA, MLB or soccer....ok. In a real mans sport like the NFL where you can be killed....not so much. I think Okoye can handle it tho...6'2" and 302ish lbs.....yea....he can do it plus he is very intelligent to pick the game up quick as well.

SgtPhin
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
You kids are killing me! Ijust remembered I have a b'day next Thurs. I'll be 54!! I'm just an old Retired Army Sgt. Ah, to be young again!!

WestCKoastiN
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
man when i was first informed he was only 19 i was amazed. and confused.

jnobes7
04-12-2007, 07:05 PM
He plays DT not DE. and he will be great, why question him because of his age?

bwb8605
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Okoye will be great. But he's our best bet to move up to 6 if Quinn is still there at 6. 'Skins are going Defense with there 1st pick. Originally everyone though Gaines, but I think Gibbs will like how young Okoye is and take him. And since he'll probably be there at 9, should be easy to get the skins to trade down with us.

kashbo
04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow well He has been mocked for us in many of these mock drafts