PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that someone ALWAYS @#$%s up a chance of a lifetime???

Pagan
07-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I've been recently talking to a booking agent in MA, who wants to book my band. Well.....I got an email from her last Monday that read:

Just wondering....We need a band for the 4th Friday nite from 10:45 til 1 a.m.

This is the deal we will cover gas $$, drinks, and also give you a guest house to stay at on a private island. If you guys want you can stay the weekend too... Let me know if you think its something you can - or want - to do and if you guys are good I can hook you up on that "Rock4Xmas" tour and book you at various other clubs around here and Hollywood. Think of it as an audition...I also will announce you on the radio for Friday so you get free airtime promotions around the area....Let me Know ASAP!!!!

Well....since my drummer left about a month ago and we're still in auditions to replace him I obviously couldn't accept the gig, so we had to decline. She responded with:

Hey no problem....I am booking new talents there and setting up a Hollywood nite type thing. This 4th was sprung on me to get someone without advance notice - which I usually give - because of who is going to be there. Its too bad you couldnt be there because we have a few special guests... It's hush hush here, but the guys from Metallica will be appearing...this is shhhhhhhhh...between us please.

Nice huh? Missed out on a chance to appear at a function that Metallica was appearing at. :yell: Even though I can't stand them, and even though they weren't performing, you know the place was probably JAM packed...and there were also probably industry people there. DAMN!!!!

The good thing is she still wants to book us on the East Coast and for some dates in Hollywood.

I'm ready to kill my ex-drummer. Anyone know of a good double-bass metal drummer in NY, or better still - a good place to hide the body of an ex-drummer? :lol:

Billsfan
07-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Pagan
I've been recently talking to a booking agent in MA, who wants to book my band. Well.....I got an email from her last Monday that read:

Well....since my drummer left about a month ago and we're still in auditions to replace him I obviously couldn't accept the gig, so we had to decline. She responded with:

Nice huh? Missed out on a chance to appear at a function that Metallica was appearing at. :yell: Even though I can't stand them, and even though they weren't performing, you know the place was probably JAM packed...and there were also probably industry people there. DAMN!!!!

The good thing is she still wants to book us on the East Coast and for some dates in Hollywood.

I'm ready to kill my ex-drummer. Anyone know of a good double-bass metal drummer in NY, or better still - a good place to hide the body of an ex-drummer? :lol:

Where in NY. We've got this.

http://www.buffaloshows.org/

I don't follow the scene much anymore but you may be able to find something here. Maybe not a Dolphins fan but a drummer nonetheless.

It's funny because my bro is in a band and they were just out on the road. BUt they're on drummer number 4 in about 6 years.

M-REAL
07-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey, I got the answer to your second ?, but not the first. Metallica was going to be there? I don't know about that, but, maybe she was trying to lay a guilt trip on you or something. Look at the bright side though, you have more gigs still. Good luck on the drummer!

Scrap
07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Tough luck dude.
KILL
I'm sorry to hear that.
THE DRUMMER
I'm sure there will be other chances.

Read between the lines.

Pagan
07-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by marcusreal
Hey, I got the answer to your second ?, but not the first. Metallica was going to be there? I don't know about that, but, maybe she was trying to lay a guilt trip on you or something. Look at the bright side though, you have more gigs still. Good luck on the drummer!

No guilt trip...she's the real deal. She wouldn't be much of a booking agent if she would bull**** something that could easily be proven false. They were definitely there. I know people that went. :yell:

Hellion
07-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Pagan

No guilt trip...she's the real deal. She wouldn't be much of a booking agent if she would bull**** something that could easily be proven false. They were definitely there. I know people that went. :yell:

Sorry to hear that Pagen, I really do feel your pain, I missed an oppertunity to play a gig at a Blues/Rock club in Detroit, there was suposed to be some all stars there like Seger, KWS, Blackfoot and a few others. The gig was to be one of four warm up bands over a two day festival.

My guitar player got drunk and wrecked his bike, He never played for us again due to other problems he was dealing with, but we couldn't find a replacement in time and had to decline the gig.
:fire: