PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Michael Bush in the Later Rounds

FinAtic8480
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
There is talk that Michael Bush stock is falling. He might get drafted anywhere from the 2nd rd all the way to the 7th rd. If Ricky is not reinstated, which I hope he is. Would any of you like for us to draft Michael Bush in the later rounds? Ricky said that we will know if he is allowed to play before the draft. Another side note the only RBs on our Roster are Ronnie and Cobb, Chatman is in europe. Im no rocket science but I think some where in the draft we draft a RB.

zach8111
04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
There is talk that Michael Bush stock is falling. He might get drafted anywhere from the 2nd rd all the way to the 7th rd. If Ricky is not reinstated, which I hope he is. Would any of you like for us to draft Michael Bush in the later rounds? Ricky said that we will know if he is allowed to play before the draft. Another side note the only RBs on our Roster are Ronnie and Cobb, Chatman is in europe. Im no rocket science but I think some where in the draft we draft a RB.
Ricky is getting reinstated. 100% sure

FinAtic8480
04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Ricky is getting reinstated. 100% sure

I hope so,man. I love Ricky and have always supported him. I knows he did us wrong but i forgave him.

zach8111
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
there is no reason NOT to let him back. hes coming back

newlownorder
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't care if he comes back or not, he's not dependable. He's a great RB but who knows if he'll get busted again and boom he's out another year. Bush is an interesting prospect. If we can lock up a QB and OT in the 1st and 2nd rounds then I would be all for Bush in the 3rd round. Would be a great pickup regardless, imagine Ronnie, Ricky and Bush. That is by far one of the scariest backfields in the NFL.

FinAtic8480
04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Would be a great pickup regardless, imagine Ronnie, Ricky and Bush

The three headed monster. Wow Im going crazy thinking of what opponents would do to try and defend against those three. I hope Ricky or no Ricky we draft Bush in the later rounds.... Quantity over Quality.....

Elliott 1
04-12-2007, 11:47 PM

I'd take him in the third irregardless of Ricky.

Caldolfan
04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Second day pick and I'm in.

FinAtic8480
04-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Im in the Michael Bush in the 3rd BandWagon, who else is on it? He would defitnetly give us a change of pace and could keep Ronnie fresh to knock some helmets.....

Alex44
04-13-2007, 01:20 AM
there is no reason NOT to let him back. hes coming back

Other than the fact he repeatedly broke the NFL substance abuse policy, and walked out on his team? After a certain amount of failed tests the NFL can choose not to reinstate you, and if I were commish I wouldn't let Ricky back.

Kdawg954
04-13-2007, 06:19 AM
First pick on the 4th day and I am in. We have Ronnie and probably Ricky . . . and a change of pace back in Cobbs (plus most likely 2 full backs). . . it will depend on if Ricky is reinstated . . . if he is . . . we will NOT go RB IMO . . . if not . . . we could go RB first day.

CpuFan
04-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I think Miami will trade Ricky for a Pick or a player during the draft or right before. Miami has had enough I think. I also think Miami will try like heck to get Quinn if not its Staley and Stanton...

CpuFan
04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
As for bush he can play if they draft him he would do ok.

TampaFinsFan01
04-13-2007, 07:09 AM

Regardless if Ricky is reinstated or not, if Michael Bush is there after the fourth round, I think you move up to get him. This guy can play. His leg needs to heal, so he might sit a year, but I think he'd be a valuable contributor, esp in short yardage, similar to Brandon Jacobs in NY. MB is a big strong guy.

HybridPHIN 23
04-13-2007, 07:36 AM
as big a steal bush could be in the mid-rounds...... if we draft a RB this year, i'm leaning towards Irons,Booker,Pittman...

PublixSubsRule
04-13-2007, 07:54 AM
I would not be opposed to drafting him in rounds 3 to 4, anything earlier than that is a reach. I like Bush however, It scares me because he sort of reminds me of RON DAYNE.

Geforce
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I would not be opposed to drafting him in rounds 3 to 4, anything earlier than that is a reach. I like Bush however, It scares me because he sort of reminds me of RON DAYNE.

How does the multi-dimensional Michael Bush reminds you of the one-dimensional Ron Dayne?

Finole
04-13-2007, 02:13 PM

Good thread. I had a similar thought.

It seems more like "when" not "if" Ricky Williams will be back. With Ronnie and Ricky in our backfield, we can afford to draft a guy who will sit for a while. Bush would be a hell of a 3rd string RB. But I think the 3rd or 4th round is too high. We have too many needs, and there are potential starters available in those rounds.

The other thing is: What about Chris Henry and Jackie Battle? Both of these guys have had impressive offseason workouts. It would be great if we could pick up one of them in the 4th or 6th round. They're both very fast, and very well suited for a Zampese-style offense.

taylormvp99
04-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I'd take him in the 4th no question.

Wolf13
04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Those three would rock!

Three RB's worked just fine for us in the 70's, why not now?

LouPhinFan
04-13-2007, 05:56 PM
If he's there in late round 3, we should move up to get him. If he's there in round 4, its a no brainer. He's multi-dimensional, athletic BIG runningback. Trust me, I've seen him play enough to know that he's 3 kinds of special.

1 example:

I was at last year's spring game. Bush broke a 30 or 40 yard run down the sideline. A DB was running from across the field on an angle to get him. About the 15 yard line Bush stopped on a dime (ala Reggie Bush) and the DB flew right by in front of him. He was tackled from behind after 2 more steps because obviously a big back like him can't change directions like Reggie Bush. It was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen a guy that big do. He will be a monster at the NFL level.

maverick50
04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
gentleman i must i am proud of you guys you ve prove to me that you do want to improve our skill positions unlike some other jokers who are in denial . can someon please tell me more about antonio pittman is he pretty good back and how big is he?

Geforce
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
gentleman i must i am proud of you guys you ve prove to me that you do want to improve our skill positions unlike some other jokers who are in denial . can someon please tell me more about antonio pittman is he pretty good back and how big is he?

Antonio Pittman, 5'11" about 210, is a very good back. He has very good vision plus he's quick, fast and elusive.

I think if Ohio State had committed to the run more in the Fiesta Bowl, it would have been a much closer game. If you saw the game, the one drive where they did run the ball more than a couple of times, Pittman shined. Scoring a TD on a nice cutback run.

PhinGeneral
04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd take him in the third irregardless of Ricky.

I agree. Even if Ricky comes back and plays a full year he'd still be no lock to be on this team in 2008.

dahlmarino
04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Do you guys really think we're in any danger of missing out on him later than the third? He still hasn't fully recovered, and as far as I can tell, he's not getting much (if any) attention. I'm all for bringing him on board, and I would love to see what he can do when he is finally healthy but I think we'll have a good shot at him in the 4th, maybe even the 6th.

Finole
04-13-2007, 08:40 PM
If he's there in late round 3, we should move up to get him. If he's there in round 4, its a no brainer.....

The 4th is the earliest I would take him, but we'd be passing up quite a few potential starters:

Daymeion Hughes CB California 5-10 190 4.65
Michael Coe CB Alabama State 6-1 190 4.53
David Clowney WR Virginia Tech 6-0 188 4.36
Fred Bennett CB South Carolina 6-1 196 4.46
Kenny Scott CB Georgia Tech 6-1 179 4.39
Mike Walker WR Central Florida 6-2 209 4.35
Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly 6-2 200 4.35
Sabby Piscitelli SS Oregon State 6-3 224 4.47
Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame 6-5 305 5.09
Travarous Bain CB Hampton 6-0 182 4.43
Doug Datish C Ohio State 6-4 302 5.13
Adam Koets OT Oregon State 6-5 298 5.08
Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor 6-3 229 4.62
James Jones WR San Jose State 6-1 207 4.54
Adam Podlesh P Maryland 5-11 202 4.54
Leroy Harris C North Carolina State 6-3 302 5.35
Brandon Myles WR West Virginia 6-1 189 4.42
Laurent Robinson WR Illinois State 6-2 199 4.38

I would call the 6th round a no-brainer. In the 4th round, you're definitely taking a risk. You're betting on the fact that Bush will eventually become a starter. Of course, no risk = no reward. Not only could he eventually become a starter, Bush could eventually become a Pro Bowler.

He might also never play football again.

LouPhinFan
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
The 4th is the earliest I would take him, but we'd be passing up quite a few potential starters:

Daymeion Hughes CB California 5-10 190 4.65
Michael Coe CB Alabama State 6-1 190 4.53
David Clowney WR Virginia Tech 6-0 188 4.36
Fred Bennett CB South Carolina 6-1 196 4.46
Kenny Scott CB Georgia Tech 6-1 179 4.39
Mike Walker WR Central Florida 6-2 209 4.35
Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly 6-2 200 4.35
Sabby Piscitelli SS Oregon State 6-3 224 4.47
Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame 6-5 305 5.09
Travarous Bain CB Hampton 6-0 182 4.43
Doug Datish C Ohio State 6-4 302 5.13
Adam Koets OT Oregon State 6-5 298 5.08
Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor 6-3 229 4.62
James Jones WR San Jose State 6-1 207 4.54
Adam Podlesh P Maryland 5-11 202 4.54
Leroy Harris C North Carolina State 6-3 302 5.35
Brandon Myles WR West Virginia 6-1 189 4.42
Laurent Robinson WR Illinois State 6-2 199 4.38

I would call the 6th round a no-brainer. In the 4th round, you're definitely taking a risk. You're betting on the fact that Bush will eventually become a starter. Of course, no risk = no reward. Not only could he eventually become a starter, Bush could eventually become a Pro Bowler.

He might also never play football again.

B.P.A.

He's the best player available in the 4th round period. A first rounder with an injury (that no one says will keep him from playing football again) that falls to the 4th round; same risk as a regular 4th rounder but bigger reward. Everyone else available will be players that have 4th round grades that are just as big a risk, with not as much reward. IMO

Myles Fynch
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM

I agree that we'll draft a RB. Where they decide to pull the trigger is hard to say, depends on who's still available at each pick, but I do expect it to be addressed. Bush would be nice; the fourth round sounds like the place he'd go--and early in the fourth--since every club has had all night to look over their remaining draft board. Miami's pick in the fourth may not be high enough for that reason alone.

Ricky has tremendous talent (at least he did the last time he was in our uniform) but letting him play for us and counting on him are two different things. I'd let him play for us, but to me he's a game-to-game human crapshoot... and if he slips up like he's slipped in the past, he's gone.

Al Davis drooled over him once or twice in the recent past; here's saying there's an almost 50/50 chance he's traded to Oakland on draft day if he's reinstated. My hunch (for what it's worth) is that Mueller got rid of him once and would do it again. How Cam feels will decide the matter.

We should draft a RB regardless.

Finole
04-14-2007, 05:35 PM
B.P.A.

He's the best player available in the 4th round period. A first rounder with an injury (that no one says will keep him from playing football again) that falls to the 4th round; same risk as a regular 4th rounder but bigger reward. Everyone else available will be players that have 4th round grades that are just as big a risk, with not as much reward. IMO

You may be right.