RiderOnTheStorm
04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Scenario One

1 - Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame
2a - Justin Blalock, OG - Texas
2b - Aaron Ross, CB - Texas
3 - Lamar Woodley, DE - Michigan
4 - Ben Patrick, TE - Delaware
6a - Allen Barbre, OT - Miss Southern St.
6b - Mike Walker, WR - Central Florida
7a - Kolby Smith, RB - Louisville
7b - Courtney Brown, CB - Cal Poly

Quinn is the ideal first round pick for the Phins. If he lands in Miami, the team will have gained its long term franchise QB. By drafting Blalock in the second, Miami will hope to have gained an immediate offensive line starter who should go on to have a long and successful pro career. Ross is a playmaking CB with good size who will double up as our new return man. Patrick would be second string behind Martin but should develop into a good TE. Woodley is a hybrid and he will get the chance to spell JT and Joey whilst developing. Kolby Smith will provide RB depth. Brown has good size and ability and can contribute on special teams as he learns the pro CB role. Lastly, Mike Walker should become a good second or third receiver and his speed can only help the defense.

Scenario Two (If Quinn is off the board)

Miami trade with Denver. Denver moves upto the ninth spot and Miami gets the Broncos first round pick (21st overall), second round pick (56th overall) and third round pick (86th overall). The Broncos will look to draft Patrick Willis to replace the released Al Wilson or they will look to add one of the top pass rushers with Jamal Anderson or Adam Carricker still being on the board.

1 - Joe Staley, OT - Central Michigan
2a - Marcus MaCauley, CB - Fresno State
2b - Drew Stanton, QB - Michigan State
2c - Sidney Rice, WR - South Carolina
3a - Lamar Woodley, DE - Michigan
3b - Manuel Ramirez, OG - Texas Tech
4 - Sabby Piscitelli, S - Oregon State
6a - Adam Podlesh, P - Maryland
6b - Stephen Nicholas, OLB - South Florida
7b - Jacob Ford, DE - Central Arkansas

Finsfan1984
04-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Scenario One

1 - Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame
2a - Justin Blalock, OG - Texas
2b - Aaron Ross, CB - Texas
3 - Lamar Woodley, DE - Michigan
4 - Ben Patrick, TE - Delaware
6a - Allen Barbre, OT - Miss Southern St.
6b - Mike Walker, WR - Central Florida
7b - Courtney Brown, CB - Cal Poly

Quinn is the ideal first round pick for the Phins. If he lands in Miami, the team will have gained its long term franchise QB. By drafting Blalock in the second, Miami will hope to have gained an immediate offensive line starter who should go on to have a long and successful pro career. Ross is a playmaking CB with good size who will double up as our new return man. Patrick would be second string behind Martin but should develop into a good TE. Woodley is a hybrid and he will get the chance to spell JT and Joey whilst developing. Kolby Smith will provide RB depth. Brown has good size and ability and can contribute on special teams as he learns the pro CB role. Lastly, Mike Walker should become a good second or third receiver and his speed can only help the defense.
I like it man. I right with you on Quinn, he's a must IMO. This draft would solve a lot of our problems. Smith could be a sleeper. I like Woodley in the middle here too. I love the potential of Patrick. I dont know much about Walker though, and have to admit it. But yea, not bad at all.

P.S. any draft that starts with Quinn IMO, is gona be a good one, LOL!

JC
04-14-2007, 11:37 AM
don't know much about any of these players but i don't think we'll get quinn

Finsfan1984
04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
don't know much about any of these players but i don't think we'll get quinn

Like your SIG man.

kpcane
04-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Too bad your first 4 picks are highly unlikely. Those guys will be long gone by the time we pick. But I would like that draft if we could switch Quinn with Landry.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
I like Scenario 2 the best. But im curious why you dropped your TE in that scenario. Also I would like to see a PR/KR/ST guy. Both drafts you made I would be happy with. This draft should focus on filling the holes and getting younger at the same time still remaining competitive.

eomdtbtr
04-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Too bad your first 4 picks are highly unlikely. Those guys will be long gone by the time we pick. But I would like that draft if we could switch Quinn with Landry.\

I second that, Landry is a beast. He is the only D player I would want in the 1st. Jamarcus is my #1 pick, then it's Landry.