PDA

View Full Version : dont be suprised if....

nolefin
04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
dont be suprised if randy muller drafts someone that no one expects like carriker,adams or even willis muller is a bpa available guy imo, so dont be shocked when we pick if its someone you would have never thought of, i was listening to him on the radio the other day and some of his comments made me think he is going bpa and not on need, so dont be suprised

nolefin
04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
some other names to consider, meachem,olsen,branch,nelson we dont know how muller has players ranked so you never know until it happens

NYinBostonFin
04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I won't be surprised, but I wouldn't be thrilled either.

showstopper
04-14-2007, 12:00 PM
1 of these 4:
QUINN
GINN
STALEY
CARRIKER
according to people on the inside.

Boomer
04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
dont be suprised if randy muller drafts someone that no one expects like carriker,adams or even willis muller is a bpa available guy imo, so dont be shocked when we pick if its someone you would have never thought of, i was listening to him on the radio the other day and some of his comments made me think he is going bpa and not on need, so dont be suprised

Gaines Adams won't be there, but neither Carriker or Willis would be a surprise.

Finsfan1984
04-14-2007, 12:11 PM
With our FO starting over fresh, so-to-speak, BPA regardless of need, wouldnt really surprise me the least bit either.

nolefin
04-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Gaines Adams won't be there, but neither Carriker or Willis would be a surprise.

i agree adams probably will not be there but as everyone knows the draft is very very unpredictable, i hope we get quinn but i am not getting my hopes up becasue muller does not think like us nor does he care what we think, he is going to draft who he thinks is best not what the so called experts say, nothing will suprise me not even if we draft a running back #9

Boomer
04-14-2007, 12:32 PM
i agree adams probably will not be there but as everyone knows the draft is very very unpredictable, i hope we get quinn but i am not getting my hopes up becasue muller does not think like us nor does he care what we think, he is going to draft who he thinks is best not what the so called experts say, nothing will suprise me not even if we draft a running back #9

Adams WILL be gone. Take that to the bank.

dolphinfan0762
04-14-2007, 12:34 PM
i wouldn't be surprise if miami draft patrick willis to eventually replace zack thomas. only if quinn and landry is off the board.

nolefin
04-14-2007, 12:35 PM
1 of these 4:
QUINN
GINN
STALEY
CARRIKER

id say its a 50/50 chance we dont draft any of the players above @9

nolefin
04-14-2007, 12:37 PM

i am not doubting you at all, but i would not be stunned if he or any other player slid a little. and in my opinion you cant take anything to the bank until that players name is called jmo

zonk4ever
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
"After a night of heavy drinking at the Hard Rock I passed out in my car in the parking lot, I woke up and heard these 2 guys talking. It was Randy & Cam and they were talking about who they were gonna take in the first round. And that's what they said. Every word is true!

People making emphatic predictions about who we'll draft. who we won't draft. Like they know. Anonymously talking tough on an internet site.

Boomer
04-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Who's making "emphatic predictions"?

PhinFan0202
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
1 of these 4:
QUINN
GINN
STALEY
CARRIKER

Why Carrriker? They just signed Holiday to a 4 year extension and we have Roth. I would think that Branch has a better chance to be drafted than Carriker.

showstopper
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't understand the Carriker thought process either, other than b.p.a.

ohiobryan
04-14-2007, 02:11 PM
it better be quinn or else!

eomdtbtr
04-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Landry Please!!!

Djavelin
04-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Landry please ,or we should trade down.

GO DOLPHINS.....#1

eomdtbtr
04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
it better be quinn or else!

or else what?...

LarryFinFan
04-14-2007, 04:56 PM

In this draft, after #5 (Johnson, Thomas, Adams, Russell, and Landry and you might say Quinn too but only because he's a QB) the next 10-15 guys are pretty close to each other.

BPA is the rule in the top 10-12 picks. After that you can get away with a reach. About the only time you don't take BPA would be QB if you already had a young franchise guy...

I would think that Willis would be the least likely we'd take. He's not really a great fit in this D, but then again, by the book, neither is ZT, but he does alright...

I agree with you that we should not be surprised that he doesn't take the obvious pick at #9. Of course, he may bend a little if Cam is whispering real loudly in his ear, but not too much...

LarryFinFan
04-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Of course, he will be hung in effigy by most on this board if Quinn falls to Washington's #6 and Mul can't make a trade for him. I still think Minny will trade up for Quinn if we try to move over them...

bluegrassbubba
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I know you all will blast my opinion, seeing I don't have many posts, but hey everyone was the newbie once, all this talk about us taking a defensive player with our first pick, I don't see it. If you look at everyone's grouping of players projected in the 9 to 15 range, there has to be one offensive player on our board that Cam and Randy will pick, of course this is being said thinking the top 5 (Johnson, Russell, Peterson, Quinn,Thomas) players are off the board, What would your 5th best player on the offensive side of the line be? And I believe that will be our player taken whether we take him at 9 or trade down.

OneHondo
04-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey Boomer, if your still there.
What do you think the Dolphins, (Cam & Mueller) would do if Peterson is still there at #9? Do you think they might take him to use in a trade or maybe trade the pick to someone who wants a running back, or just ignore him altogether and take who they wanted from their draft board?

OneHondo
04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Of course, he will be hung in effigy by most on this board if Quinn falls to Washington's #6 and Mul can't make a trade for him. I still think Minny will trade up for Quinn if we try to move over them...

Its JMO but if Mueller traded with the Redskins to get Quinn it would be when Washington is on the clock and too late for the Vikes to do anything. If by chance Mueller traded up he wouldn't want to take any chances of losing the player he targeted and in effect losing what ever else was included in the trade as a wasted trade.

Boomer
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey Boomer, if your still there.
What do you think the Dolphins, (Cam & Mueller) would do if Peterson is still there at #9? Do you think they might take him to use in a trade or maybe trade the pick to someone who wants a running back, or just ignore him altogether and take who they wanted from their draft board?

I think it would offer an interesting quandry, but they'd have to pass.

SuperMarksBros.
04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
as good as willis is expected to be, this team has WAY TOO MANY holes to continue to strengthen one(well, 3) position and leaving o-line, qb, wr, cb, out to dry.

i'm all for drafting BPA, as long as its not a LB

finfan54
04-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Ive seen DEtroit mentioned to taking him at 2. That would be a big suprise.

TRUEPHIN
04-14-2007, 11:56 PM
or else what?...

He'll make more idle threats. :confused:

My choice for the 9th pick would be 1. L. Brown 2. L. Landry 3. P. Willis.

My ideal draft would see us draft OT, C, CB and a speed WR on day 1 and a QB with our 4th round pick. Drafting a QB at 9 makess no sense to me this year because I don't think there is a QB worth drafting that high. We need to put our oline together this year with our sights set on a QB next year when there are actually quality QBs available.

Boomer
04-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Ive seen DEtroit mentioned to taking him at 2. That would be a big suprise.

Yeah I think so too, but they really like him, apparently. It's difficult to get a sense of what they will do. Adams helps them, Peterson helps them, Quinn helps them. Joe Thomas? Well they have a lot of $$$ invested in Jeff Backus and got George Foster in the trade, so you wonder whether they might look elsewhere, as that looks a little addition by subtraction.

I think they might try and shift down and take him, but easier said than done.

tartan y fronts
04-15-2007, 05:30 AM
"After a night of heavy drinking at the Hard Rock I passed out in my car in the parking lot, I woke up and heard these 2 guys talking. It was Randy & Cam and they were talking about who they were gonna take in the first round. And that's what they said. Every word is true!

People making emphatic predictions about who we'll draft. who we won't draft. Like they know. Anonymously talking tough on an internet site.

hokey cokey.... what would you like to talk about in a dolphins draft forum? :err:

PhinGeneral
04-15-2007, 10:26 AM

As much as there has been speculation I'm not so sure I'm buying into the depth of Minnesota's interest in Quinn. Not that they wouldn't consider it if he drops to #7, but with having drafted a QB in round 2 (Tavaras Jackson) that they know is a bit of a project to begin with, I can't see them actually going out of their way and trading up.

BlueFin
04-15-2007, 10:41 AM
some other names to consider, meachem,olsen,branch,nelson we dont know how muller has players ranked so you never know until it happens

Exactly, Branch is a name I think that has been up and down, but in the end I think he'll move way back up the draft with his size and strength.

It is not stretch to see him plugging the middle of the Dolphin defense.