PDA

View Full Version : Levi Brown...guys I have had it!

Scout72
04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Levi Brown or Joe Staley in the 1st round or this draft is a total bust folks!Our left side of the oline is dog ****. You can tell me to give Anthony Acrapaby a chance, but this is ridiculous. We need to draft 3 oline in the draft and if we are smart, we draft either Ben Grubbs or Justin Blaylock with our 41st pick also. If they are not there, then wait till late second or third to draft Josh Beekman or Samson Satele. Later in the 6th round grab Brandon Fry and then I will be happy with our draft. Until that happens, the **** is going to hit the fan on the left side of our oline god damn it.:fire:

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-14-2007, 08:51 PM
:lol:

eomdtbtr
04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Why do you think Stayley will be a bust.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Competition. But on the other hand I said either or on both. At this point, who ever is still there I would draft with our 9th overall pick.

ohiobryan
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
are you joking it's quinn or we are in big trouble!

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Quinn won't be there, who are you kidding?

finfan66
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Its people that think like this is the reason why we havn't drafted a quarterback in over 20 years. But I guess the most important position on the field doesn't matter! Hopefully our head coach moves up in the draft and gets Quinn. Otherwise it will be another year of disappointment!

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I can't stress this enough, our left side of the line is horrible. Doesn't anybody know that it all starts up front, for the love of god?:err:

finfan54
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Levi Brown or Joe Staley in the 1st round or this draft is a total bust folks!Our left side of the oline is dog ****. You can tell me to give Anthony Acrapaby a chance, but this is ridiculous. We need to draft 3 oline in the draft and if we are smart, we draft either Ben Grubbs or Justin Blaylock with our 41st pick also. If they are not there, then wait till late second or third to draft Josh Beekman or Samson Satele. Later in the 6th round grab Brandon Fry and then I will be happy with our draft. Until that happens, the **** is going to hit the fan on the left side of our oline god damn it.:fire:

Im a Levi Brown fan obviously, but I have lost faith that we will end up with him because I think our front office is anything but for Levi. I dont want Staley (just my misguided opinion) cus I think he can be just another Wade Smith cept slightly better. He's light in the pants.

I am starting to believe we are going after other people and Alabi will be given his chance and Carey will move to LT if Alabi fails. That is why I want Levi.

Doug Free is a possibility.

eomdtbtr
04-14-2007, 09:24 PM
are you joking it's quinn or we are in big trouble!
Oh yah we need a Qb to warm the bench or were in big trouble. If we have a crapy o-line our QB, can't succeed, a la David Carr.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:24 PM
No it's people like you who have not done there homework. Then they would know that drafting a Left Tackle in the first round in the mold of somebody you could remember hmm.. Marcus McNiel that was our first mistake, not taking him when we had the chance. So that's why we should take Levi or Joe, because they both have great potential for the weakest part of our team. Oh yah, Trent Green of course, my bad!:ninja:

zonk4ever
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
This thing seems to be building. We can't become crazy over this draft stuff. Let's stay sane. A mass picket in front of Dolphin headquarters with posters begging them to draft a quarterback and multiple offensive lineman seems like a more reasonable approach!

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree with you 100% zonk.:cooldude:

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I wish I was in charge of our draft.

FinSinceBirth
04-14-2007, 09:41 PM
No it's people like you who have not done there homework. Then they would know that drafting a Left Tackle in the first round in the mold of somebody you could remember hmm.. Marcus McNiel that was our first mistake, not taking him when we had the chance. So that's why we should take Levi or Joe, because they both have great potential for the weakest part of our team. Oh yah, Trent Green of course, my bad!:ninja:

If you want to draft Staley or Brown that's fine, but we better trade down, because neither pick in my opinion is worth the number 9 pick. Staley definitely not, I see him being talked about as a 10-15 pick. I don't know where that as suddenly come from. As for Brown, there have been conflicting reports about him. Enough to make me think he isn't worth number 9 either.

Also you want to draft three linemen. There's nothing wrong with that, but I have a serious problem using both our first and high second rounder on linemen. There are some other really good skill positions that will be available at the top of the draft, that we'd miss by doing that. One of those two would be fine, and then we could grab linemen in later rounds. Also, Hudson Houck has always liked drafting linemen in later rounds as opposed to higher.

What we could do is if (by some miracle) Quinn dropped then we take him. Or take someone like Carriker. Otherwise we drop down a few picks and take someone there. After that, we could pick up a guy like Grubbs or Blaylock with the 41st.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I can't stress this enough, our left side of the line is horrible. Doesn't anybody know that it all starts up front, for the love of god?:err:

I think a lot of us know this, but hey thanks for filling us in. The problem is a lot of just don't see a LT to draft that high. Cause to me and a lot of scouts Brown is better suited to play RT. He struggles against speed rushers. Just watch him play against Woodley in the Mich game, he almost reminded me of Wade Smith in that game. Its all good that u want a LT but if there are none to be had thats just how it is. Man u know what f it I want a QB, LT, CB, and DE at #9 is there any player in this draft that can play all those positions at one time cause then I will be happy. When u draft in the top ten u don't pick a guy just by position, u go BPA. Plus we are drafting in the top ten for a reason we have a lot of needs to be filled. So all these people just stop with if we don't draft this or that the sky is falling crap.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
But if we don't draft Brown at 9, then the Texans surely will.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM

And that makes me feel good about Brown cause why? What have they won, other then having a top ten pick every year. Sorry hate Brown seen him play so many times and can't even make on the first team all big ten. And if Long and Baker would have can out early Brown would be a second round pick. He is gone up the draft boards case a lack of LT's in this draft after Long and Bakers decisions to return for there SR years.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I disagree, he reminds me a lot of Marcus McNiel, like I have been saying all along. It's the way he plays with a certain nastyness, and he is by far the strongest pure player at his position in the draft.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree about Baker, but this is no time to just piss in the wind. We need oline very badly, there is no Damion Macintosh to pick up the pieces anymore guys.:(

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I disagree, he reminds me a lot of Marcus McNiel, like I have been saying all along. It's the way he plays with a certain nastyness, and he is by far the strongest pure player at his position in the draft.

What he is nothing like McNeil have u watched Brown play. He don't have the feet or the reach McNeil has. Plus Brown gave up more sacks in one game then McNeil gave up in his whole college career. Please watch him play and not just highlight films and SR bowl, but games through out the year. And on of the Knocks on Brown is his lack of agression and tends to take plays off. Physically u are right he is very strong bu not very nasty at all.

jlfin
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM

And did you know that this is only mini camp? Did you also know that the players were without pads? Did you also know that the defense is usually farther ahead than the offense up until the middle of the real TC?
Did you also know that JT is arguably one of the top 2 DE's in the league and it will likely take ANY LT time to get adjusted to his speed and quickness. :rolleyes2
Have a little patience. Making draft picks out of desperation is a formula for failure. (Billy Milner, Andrew Greene)

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I agree about Baker, but this is no time to just piss in the wind. We need oline very badly, there is no Damion Macintosh to pick up the pieces anymore guys.:(

Hey I want a LT very bad, I just don't see Brown being that good. He could be a great RT but not LT. If anything a would rather gamble on Staley cause he has LT feet which Brown does not. I wish Long was in this Draft.

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:58 PM
You don't get it man. In the NFL there is no time to take plays off and with his potential and strength he will realize that and perform at a high level. Remember you can't measure heart in a player. Maybe I would be taking a chance on him, but atleast I tried to fix our horrible problem.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
You don't get it man. In the NFL there is no time to take plays off and with his potential and strength he will realize that and perform at a high level. Remember you can't measure heart in a player. Maybe I would be taking a chance on him, but atleast I tried to fix our horrible problem.

What don't I get that? He is know to take plays off, he stops this because u say so. Then what is with R. Moss he still takes plays off. I was just pointing out that what u thought about Brown was not even close to true, he does not play with a nasty streak at all. And even if he does not take plays off he still is not quick enough to handle top speed rushers, which is the most important things for a LT. He is better suited for RT, which is are strongest position on the OL.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 10:09 PM

And that actually proves my point there is no time to take plays off in the NFL, which he is know too do so he will get killed in the NFL or more to the point are QB will get killed when he takes a play off which he is know to do. Like I said no way is he a top ten type of LT.

finfan54
04-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I think a lot of us know this, but hey thanks for filling us in. The problem is a lot of just don't see a LT to draft that high. Cause to me and a lot of scouts Brown is better suited to play RT. He struggles against speed rushers. Just watch him play against Woodley in the Mich game, he almost reminded me of Wade Smith in that game. Its all good that u want a LT but if there are none to be had thats just how it is. Man u know what f it I want a QB, LT, CB, and DE at #9 is there any player in this draft that can play all those positions at one time cause then I will be happy. When u draft in the top ten u don't pick a guy just by position, u go BPA. Plus we are drafting in the top ten for a reason we have a lot of needs to be filled. So all these people just stop with if we don't draft this or that the sky is falling crap.

Danny boy danny boy danny boy.....Not many scouts are saying that dude. In fact take a look around.....your hearing just the opposite if you open your mind up a little.

finfan54
04-14-2007, 10:21 PM

hey Scout, dont be surprised if the Arizona Cardinals take him. And anyone who thinks Staley is better, just watch what the NY Giants do if Levi Brown were to fall.

They would drop the notion of Staley in a hurry and would be hugging and kissing Levi and all his family members and take them all out to dinner, right after the take Levi Brown, OT Penn State University.

bugs65
04-14-2007, 10:25 PM

The answer is to trade down, get extra picks and pick up at least three potential offensive linemen. And two of them should be left tackles. The quarterbacks in this draft suck.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Danny boy danny boy danny boy.....Not many scouts are saying that dude. In fact take a look around.....your hearing just the opposite if you open your mind up a little.

Ok now go back the look at reports from three months ago till now u will see a lot. They all just follow the trend, cause he rose up the boards. I love how the scouting reports can change when he has done nothing and there are still many that think he is better suited to play RT. Plus I have seen him play a lot he just is not as good as people want him to be cause of the lack of talent at LT this year.

dan the fin
04-14-2007, 10:39 PM

And I don't mind Fans that want Brown cause they think he is that good. I just hate when people are like ur stupid if u don't want a LT cause thats are biggest need. Hey I know that LT is a big need I just don't think there is a LT worth drafting at 9.

finfan54
04-14-2007, 11:06 PM
And I don't mind Fans that want Brown cause they think he is that good. I just hate when people are like ur stupid if u don't want a LT cause thats are biggest need. Hey I know that LT is a big need I just don't think there is a LT worth drafting at 9.

first off, I wouldnt want any fin fans thinking we need to take a LT for the sake of taking a LT, only one that will work. The arguments against Brown have been more repeated over and over and when you look at the big picture, Levi Brown is a LT. Been doing it for four years at PENN STATE. Think about that for a little while.

The weaknesses that were brought up about Brown are simply saying that every once in a while, he doesnt live up to the way he plays about 95% of the time. Otherwise, you have a guy who is 6-5 328 lbs with long arms who has a great punch and stiffles you and you go nowhere. Then he is a powerful run blocker, unlike Staley, and then he goes second level and kicks some more ***. His pass blocking is the only knock on him with speed rushers, but that doesnt mean he cant handle them. Its just every once in a while, he loses. So what? What LT in the NFL doesnt? I mean, we need to see the big picture with these players.

All I know is Brown has been ranked high for a while now and is not slipping at all and its because scouts know that the dude is a football player who can play left tackle. Plain and simple.

bugs65
04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
first off, I wouldnt want any fin fans thinking we need to take a LT for the sake of taking a LT, only one that will work. The arguments against Brown have been more repeated over and over and when you look at the big picture, Levi Brown is a LT. Been doing it for four years at PENN STATE. Think about that for a little while.

The weaknesses that were brought up about Brown are simply saying that every once in a while, he doesnt live up to the way he plays about 95% of the time. Otherwise, you have a guy who is 6-5 328 lbs with long arms who has a great punch and stiffles you and you go nowhere. Then he is a powerful run blocker, unlike Staley, and then he goes second level and kicks some more ***. His pass blocking is the only knock on him with speed rushers, but that doesnt mean he cant handle them. Its just every once in a while, he loses. So what? What LT in the NFL doesnt? I mean, we need to see the big picture with these players.

All I know is Brown has been ranked high for a while now and is not slipping at all and its because scouts know that the dude is a football player who can play left tackle. Plain and simple.

He is slipping. And it isn't the same playing at Penn State or any other "school" as it is playing in the NFL. Just because Joe Paterno couldn't replace Levi Brown with anyone better doesn't mean he can handle the Jason Taylors of the world. There have been many good, even dominant, college linemen who don't have the toughness or desire or intelligence or meanness or whatever the magic ingredient is to play O line in the NFL.

Rubbin420
04-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Levi Brown or Joe Staley in the 1st round or this draft is a total bust folks!:err: Our left side of the oline is dog ****. You can tell me to give Anthony Acrapaby a chance, but this is ridiculous. We need to draft 3 oline in the draft and if we are smart, we draft either Ben Grubbs or Justin Blaylock with our 41st pick also. If they are not there, then wait till late second or third to draft Josh Beekman or Samson Satele. Later in the 6th round grab Brandon Fry and then I will be happy with our draft. Until that happens, the **** is going to hit the fan on the left side of our oline god damn it.:fire:

I see your concern, but life will go on. Relax.

MarinoForPres
04-15-2007, 01:08 AM
we should take all lineman and thats it lol we do need some but we need to also take the most talent avaiable to us also.

miamiron
04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Im a Levi Brown fan obviously, but I have lost faith that we will end up with him because I think our front office is anything but for Levi. I dont want Staley (just my misguided opinion) cus I think he can be just another Wade Smith cept slightly better. He's light in the pants.

I am starting to believe we are going after other people and Alabi will be given his chance and Carey will move to LT if Alabi fails. That is why I want Levi.

Joe Thomas only weighs 5lbs more than Staley so I guess he's to light in the pants to draft also....

Your mock draft is great with Brady Quinn in the first and Sears in the second
Pretty funny that our future QB had more bench press reps than our future guard/tackle...Maybe Quinn can give Sears pointers around the weight room since it doesn't look like Sears knows what a weight room is!!!!:)

miamiron
04-15-2007, 01:59 AM

I agree with you 100% and his attitude at Penn was outstanding as he was called "a coaches dream" His pass protection skills would improve just by having the opportunity of going against Jason Taylor and Gang every day in practice and this alone would improve his skills 10 fold as for his run blocking
Let's just say Ronnie AND Ricky WOULD be so much happier than they have been with the left side of the line.

Elliott 1
04-15-2007, 06:09 AM

Doug Free, now your talkin! This guy has the right stuff!

Doug Free,Bryan Leonard,Michael Griffin,Samson Satele, these are the kinds of guys we need to be Dolphins. Guys with motors that don't stop runnin. Guys with heart as well as talent and strength. Give me these four guys and Craig Dahl and I'll be the happiest Dolphan in the land.

defensivefan
04-15-2007, 06:49 AM

I have no idea who is best but Levi Brown, according to:
http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm
did NOT have a good Senior bowl, and No.9 for a guy who struggled against other draftable players is not a good idea. We must go by value, if we reach for a need then we are in trouble. Follow Pioli's lead, he drafts for value (even when he had no WR last year), that's how you build in the long term, which is exactly what we must do.

LarryFinFan
04-15-2007, 07:53 AM
72, you are absolutely wrong in your assessment of which player to take with the #9 pick. Don't get me wrong, I also would love to see us pick up a decent LT of our own. But unlike what you are saying, I want Mule to take the BPA, period, end-of-story...That is how we will be successful starting from this point on and moving into the future. If we reach and take specifically a 'need' position and ignore that we left better prospects on the board, we'll continue to pay for it from here on out, just like JJ, Wanny, and Saban have done to us.

I'm not against Brown as being our pick there and we certainly need help at the position, but if it at the cost of getting a better prospect, I say "NO WAY".

Additionally, we can all argue about Alabi but it appears to me that he just needs some confidence...JT and HH both said he has the physical skills and talent to play the position. It may just be a little early to panic on him, beings it just the first VOLUNTARY minicamp, one that we wouldn't even be having if not for this being Cam's first year with as the HC. Too much is sometimes made of these guys in T-shirts and shorts...