PDA

View Full Version : For All The Guys Who Think That They Make Good Mock Drafts...

postermaster
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Who thought last year that we were going to pick Allen at 16th?

Just making a concensus...

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I did and I was right. At that time Saban was so pedictable.

postermaster
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I did and I was right. At that time Saban was so pedictable.

But why not thinking in Huff who was a higher prospect and could fall to 16th...

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Because I knew that Huff would be gone.

postermaster
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM

OK, whats your pick at #9?

ASUFinFan
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM

Nobody knows anything until draft day. Nothing is set in stone. All you can do is sit back and make educated assessments on what MIGHT happen come draft day. Anything can happen when that clocks tickn.

ASUFinFan
04-14-2007, 09:19 PM
OK, whats your pick at #9?

I agree, I would like to know as well.

djavelin
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I wanted Lawson,but i knew saban would pick Allen cuz of his SEC roots.I didnt like the pick but i hope he will be a top corner.I felt that when he was there at 16 he would be choosen.I just hoped we went in another direction.,

Scout72
04-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Levi Brown.

phinphan896
04-14-2007, 09:33 PM
i saw it on some mock drafts and when i read that saban had tried to recruit him i knew he would take him. IT was the same thing he had done with crowder and ronnie. I didnt want to believe it but it didnts really surprise me

ASUFinFan
04-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Levi Brown.

I think we will go with more of an impact player than that. But thats just my little ol opinion. I do believe that we will hit the OL hard in the middle and late rounds though.

popularwar
04-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I wanted Lawson and I thought he would be the best pick at sixteen.

bugs65
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
No way we take Levi Brown at 9. We might move down and take him but Randy Mueller is too good a GM to take him at 9. Levi Brown is one of those guys you expect to be a bust.

phinphanforever
04-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Nobody knows anything until draft day. Nothing is set in stone. All you can do is sit back and make educated assessments on what MIGHT happen come draft day. Anything can happen when that clocks tickn.
Exactly. This year has the potential to be more volatile than others. There seems to be a lot of players who are getting mixed reviews. Quinn, for example is seen by many as 'the next one' while others -including myself- have far more modest expectations.

Blitz
04-15-2007, 01:27 AM
No way we take Levi Brown at 9. We might move down and take him but Randy Mueller is too good a GM to take him at 9. Levi Brown is one of those guys you expect to be a bust.

I like top prospects out of Penn St., especially guys along the OL. I wouldn't be totally against Brown at nine, but I'd certainly prefer to trade down and hopefully land Staley at 15-17 or so...

taylormvp99
04-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Everybody knew Huff would be gone by 16. I kind of thought it would be Whitner until the Bills screwed that up.

Agent51
04-15-2007, 03:44 AM
I picked the "Absolutely" option, but only because it was the only "yes" option. I had us taking him, but I definately wasn't "sold" on him. I had him as our pick in a lot of my mocks because that's who I thought Saban & co. would take, not because it's who I wanted and who I was sold on.

CpuFan
04-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Personally it wasn't a suprise because the Sport Reporters had said he was a possibility. But I don't do mocks because they are a waste of time, not even the coaches in thre NFL can forcast what is going to happen, because as it has been said before they all lie to everyone about who they really like.

LarryFinFan
04-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I wanted Lawson,but i knew saban would pick Allen cuz of his SEC roots.I didnt like the pick but i hope he will be a top corner.I felt that when he was there at 16 he would be choosen.I just hoped we went in another direction.,

I agree, but it was just too bad that he held out, pissed Saban off, and then the injuries hit the secondary and he had to be put in at S. He was not prepared to play the position in Saban's D last year. I think we might be in much better shape this year, barring the injury bug. The fact that Daniels never got untracked from his injury also hurt us. Allen's hip-turn suffered from his collegiate injury last year as well, which was part of why he was put in at S instead of CB...

MexDolfan
04-15-2007, 08:52 AM
The draft has many assumptions and variables. In 2005 we hold the 2th spot and there was few doubts, if SF picked their actual QB or move somewhere else, but when you pick in the middle of round one it's a larger if-list.
Mocking about the 16th slot puts an incredible larger list of possible trading up and down chances, and I assumed by the time Saban was more of the BPA wagon, but my actual feeling was that he wanted men of his knowledge, over global quality.
This year I'm pretty sure that this draft will be BPA-driven, where being best in our draft list would mean best to fit our schemes, not a subjective global quality standpoint.

kpcane
04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
I would say that about 90% of the mock drafts (including mine) had us taking Lawson with the pick. I may have seen one or two with Jason Allen as the pick.
But the #16 pick is much harder to predict than the #9. I was hoping we'd get Hall or Landry this year, but with the news that Allen is moving back to CB, I hope we can get Landry.
But....if I made a mock draft I'd have us taking Levi Brown too.

PhinfanUK
04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
It didn't really take me by surprise, I was quite high on Allen at the time anyway. I thought it came down to Allen, Donte Whitner or Chad Greenway. The guy I really wanted though was Antonio Cromartie.

dolphin23
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Got to be honest I wasnt expecting Allen @ 16th, like most I wanted Lawson then Hill (but Rams picked before us) or Cromartie. Im hoping I don't get shock this year, especially picking @ the 9 spot. I've been following the phins now since the eighties and our first picks lately hasn't been too memorable. I guess thats pretty much an understatement, lol.

Boomer
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious that it would have been either Allen, Lawson or Cromartie.

fullerboy1
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I was thinking Cromartie or Lawson.

inFINSible
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
He was on my radar as the only selection that I didn't want to choose but, the one we'd probably end up with....seriously.

BlueFin
04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious that it would have been either Allen, Lawson or Cromartie.

I agree, he was definitely on the radar, but let me ask you Boom?

If we had it to do over again, and you knew they would be moving Allen to Corner, do you think Cromartie would be the better pick?

I seem to remember you were really high on Cromartie anyway.

kpcane
04-15-2007, 12:58 PM

If we had it to do over again, and you knew they would be moving Allen to Corner, do you think Cromartie would be the better pick?

Excellent question. A lot of people seemed to like Tye Hill too (even though he was picked before us). Now that Allen is being moved to corner, we have to ask ourselves whether Allen was a better corner prospect then Cromartie. I'll leave that up to the guys who do the scouting.

jim1
04-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Who thought last year that we were going to pick Allen at 16th?

Just making a concensus...

I've been following the draft since I was in middle school because it's fun, it's an interesting diversion. I'm not really concerned with who is right or wrong. We guess who is going to take who, we hopefully like the Dolphins draft and obviously hope that the draft class turns out to be productive. That's about it. It's alchemy, not a science.

phinphanforever
04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Interesting. It didn't seem so obvious from your posts last year.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2350412&highlight=Allen#post2350412

kpcane
04-15-2007, 03:48 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2350412&highlight=Allen#post2350412

wow, that's embarrassing for me too...I said Maurice Jones-Drew would be a "wasted pick" :fire:

but I had the patriots and giants right.:ninja:

Boomer
04-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Hmmm. Tough one. Yep, I was high on Cro. Still am. When you consider how little Jason played and how he's now being switched, you could make a pretty solid case for Antonio as the guy.

What would you have done?

Boomer
04-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Perhaps you should have been in VIP.

Or maybe you just chose to ignore what I said in that thread that yoyu so diligently dug out to try and discredit me:

"How important was the FSU meeting on Wednesday? How important was a sneaky breakfast with Cromartie? Is it true that Allen and Cromartie are our 1+2? Is McShay right when he says that we have Lawson as a reach at 16 and that we want Jackson or Jimmy Williams? Is Kiper right with Whitner? Do we want to trade up to 11? Are we trading down? Is Jonathan Joseph right when he says we have been all over him since Indy? Is Tye Hill right when he says the same? Cromartie the same? What about the journalist I spoke to in North Carolina who said that Saban was trailing Lawson hard?

Nick has 2 picks on day 1. He traded his 2nd rounder for an injury risk. He's just lost a top 5 tailback. Does he go safe, solid, consistent? Does he ignore the super blue chippers like Allen and Cromartie? Does he ignore the guys who are changing positions like Lawson and Wimbley?

musphinzfan
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Shocked at the pick...And totally dissappointed in the pick...I hope Allen makes it.

I wanted Marcus Mcneil...Amazed he went into the 2nd round.