PDA

View Full Version : my opinion:dolphins eyeing a move up for quinn!

ohiobryan
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
that's what this move for soon to be the starting QB in 2007 trent green via a trade with the kc chiefs..means it's speaks very loudly especially that terry shea has worked with both trent green and brady quinn........green at 37 the dolphins know they need a franchise QB and quinn is the target who i predict will lead our fins for 10-15 years and win a few superbowls!!!!! green is a great teacher and he will do a great job with quinn who will take over in 2008!

FINSFAN2781
04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
that's what this move for soon to be the starting QB in 2007 trent green via a trade with the kc chiefs..means it's speaks very loudly especially that terry shea has worked with both trent green and brady quinn........green at 37 the dolphins know they need a franchise QB and quinn is the target who i predict will lead our fins for 10-15 years and win a few superbowls!!!!! green is a great teacher and he will do a great job with quinn who will take over in 2008!

For a while now I had the feeling we are going to draft Quinn. Now after hiring Shea, and with Green most likely on his way to Miami, I think Miami IS drafting Quinn. I think if we get Green, and it is going to happen soon, this is the final nail in the coffin with us getting Quinn. Alot of people dont want Quinn, and alot of people want Quinn, but i think whether we all like it or not, Quinn is going to be drafted by Miami. Its something that makes perfect sense and something that needs to be done and I think it will happen. Only have to wait 13 more days until we land our future QB.

zonk4ever
04-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Let's give up as many draft picks as possible to draft Quinn. He doesn't need a line to block for him. Did you see him at the combine? He bench pressed 225lbs 24 times!!! Everyone knows the bench press is the surest indicator for a QB's success in the NFL.

Rhody Phins Fan
04-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Let's give up as many draft picks as possible to draft Quinn. He doesn't need a line to block for him. Did you see him at the combine? He bench pressed 225lbs 24 times!!! Everyone knows the bench press is the surest indicator for a QB's success in the NFL.

I sense your sarcasm but don't agree. Once Culpepper was taken out of the lineup we our line wasn't terrible at pass blocking. If anything they are worse run blockers than pass blockers so it would affect Ronnie more than Quinn.

eomdtbtr
04-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Yah think?

finnyfan4life
04-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I think we will give up our 2008 first rounder among many other things to move up and get Quinn. Not really sure to which team though.

bakedmatt
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I sense your sarcasm but don't agree. Once Culpepper was taken out of the lineup we our line wasn't terrible at pass blocking. If anything they are worse run blockers than pass blockers so it would affect Ronnie more than Quinn.

That doesn't even tell the whole story. I don't know how they stack up in terms of strength, consistency and technique in the league when it comes to run blocking. What I do know is that Joey Harrington's game didn't help take the pressure off of the running game any. A pass from Joey Harrington is about as long as the average run.

dominizzo
04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Why not Russell

MexDolfan
04-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Also we may trade future years' draft picks if necessary, all we need is throw the ball away and somehow one of our WR will score more than 10 TD per game!!!
:bighug:
After stop this sarcastic session, I'll point that even Cam & Randy are exploring as many options as possible in order to draft BQ, they have B-plan.
Trend Green will serve as Gus Frerotte did in the past. He knows the offensive system to be implemented, he handles the same language than coaching staff and can translate it for development players.
The trick will be to get him at the right price. With KC asking a 2nd rounder and us a 7th, is likely to think about a 5th round draft pick plus some player deal. The only problem is we don't have 5th round. A 3th or 4th round is still too expensive. Perhaps there will be a lot of swaps among this teams. Changing our first 2th round pick (#40 overall) for theirs (#54), giving them a 6th round in this draft and based on 2007 stats, a conditional 2008 late pick.
As trading up for BQ, be sure that as much as KC is making it hard for us, any among #2-#7 slots will explore trade down options with us, where our second rounds picks and some players will be handled.
As today Daunte, Booker, Cleo and perhaps someone like Zach Thomas may serve as trade bait.

Cannonboy
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking Randy plan was to get Green, and by loading up on all those extra picks we have ammo to work out a trade with some team higher up to get Quinn. That way Green can start for a year and have Quinn learn the ropes. So when Green is ready to leave Quinn can step in. Looks like C-Pep will be gone and the QB's will be Green, Quinn and Lemon. Something which I can live with.

MustangFinFan
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
For Quinn...id swap first rounders, give them Culpepper, and give them a 2008 2nd rounder...or hell, id even give them one of our 6ths and one of our 7ths. u dont understand...Miami needs a franchise QB. thats what Quinn is

ohiobryan
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
quinn will finally replace dan marino!

quinn10
04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
trade up with washinton because no doubt that quinn will be gone if we dont trade but he can also go early no one knows what is going to happen with quinn

LarryFinFan
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM

It also could mean that they will not go after Quinn or are preparing to not get the QB they want the most. Think about it...if we have Green and Lemon to hold the reigns until CPep recovers then they don't HAVE to go after Quinn...

It's just a thought, but it is just as viable a scenario as your scenario where they are looking to trade up ???

MexDolfan
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
quinn will finally replace dan marino!
Nobody will ever replace Marino!!!
If we can't stop comparing any incumbent QB with Marino, we'll live forever in the praise of past. We need to build a decent offense, able to compete, not necessary the next Pro-Bowl roster.
At this moment anything is better, because even Cameron says "don't make the mistake of thinking the Dolphins' opening day starter is not on the roster", it's clear neither Cleo Lemon nor Hamdan Gibran have what it needs to be an NFL starter, and DC is months away from recovery.
I love reading that "We coached them all like they are starters because our belief is one guy is one play away from being the starter no matter who your starter is", but reality says that you build a team around an scheme and Cameron's scheme is QB based, so without a good basis, where are we expected to go? :shakeno:

quinn10
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
belive me daunte will not want to be a backup he is gone , draft a franchise QB daunte is to mch to be a back up u could always trade him for like a 6 round draft brady its simple but he also works good in west coast like he did at notre dame with weis

DUB
04-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I guess my opinion is getting Green makes Quinn less likely. It allows us to go with trent for a yr or two while develop a mid round qb. Although, I will literally pray I'm wrong.

DUB
04-15-2007, 04:29 PM
belive me daunte will not want to be a backup he is gone , draft a franchise QB daunte is to mch to be a back up u could always trade him for like a 6 round draft brady its simple but he also works good in west coast like he did at notre dame with weis

The thing about Daunte is he is an explosive, big play qb. Cams system calls for more of a game managing, ball security type qb, wich Cpep is about the farthest from. So yeah, he gone.

dan the fin
04-15-2007, 04:50 PM
And the winner is ohiobryann for starting 100 million threads on the same guy. Are Brady's boyfriend?

phinsfan1221
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=191664 give us a break if you want to talk about the same thing over and over why dont you add to the thread you started already its even on the same page.how abut this another one http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=191432how about this onehttp://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=191330 http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=190831 http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=188860 http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=191330

BlueFin
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM

Are you sure you want to go out on that limb Bryan?:lol:

ohiobryan
04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
yes i do!