PDA

View Full Version : Question for Boomer: Any Eagles Info?

eagles fan
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Didn't you guys used to have a specific "Ask Boomer" thread?

Hey, Boomer, if you have time have you heard anything about who the Eagles are looking at? Do you know if there have been any talks with Miami or another team bout OT Tra Thomas? Thanks.

MustangFinFan
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
why? did u hear anything?? id love to have big Tra Thomas as our LT. but i wonder how much itd cost...an arm and a leg maybe

bakedmatt
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey, Boomer, if you have time have you heard anything about who the Eagles are looking at? Do you know if there have been any talks with Miami or another team bout OT Tra Thomas? Thanks.

He's William now. Duuuuuuuuh.

eagles fan
04-15-2007, 06:33 PM
The Eagles are shopping him. I don't know if they've had discussions with Miami specifically.

The Eagles drafted Winston Justice last year to be their LT of the future. One of the reasons they drafted Justice besides Thomas' age is that Thomas had back issues in 2005. But then Thomas was healthy all of last year and played very well. Realistically based on past trades of OL of Thomas's ability and age the most the Eagles could hope for would be a 3rd round pick IMO.

I'd take a swap of 40 for 57 and Thomas.

Boomer
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Hi mate,

I've heard nothing specific with regards Thomas coming to Miami. I'd heard a while back that they might shop him because of Justice, but wasn't sure what to make of it. I'd certainly have an interest and for a swp of 2nd's. I'd bite your arm off.

The whole Andy Reid thing has clouded the waters with regards Philly the last few months. Here's a list of some of the guys they've met with at Indy and subsequently.

Quarterbacks:
Cullen Finnerty, Grand Valley State, Kevin Kolb, Houston, Toby Korrodi, Central Missouri State, Drew Stanton, Michigan State

Running Backs:
Justise Hairston, Central Connecticut State, Dwayne Wright, Fresno State

Fullbacks:
Brian Leonard, Rutgers

Wide Receivers:
David Ball, New Hampshire, Jacoby Jones, Lane, Chansi Stuckey, Clemson

Tight Ends:
Michael Allan, Whitworth College, Jake Nordin, Nothern Illinois, Ben Patrick, Delaware

Offensive Tackles:
Allen Barbre, Missouri Southern, Ryan Harris, Notre Dame, Tony Ugoh, Arkansas

Offensive Guards:
Justin Blalock, Texas, Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech, Mansfield Wrotto, Georgia Tech

Centers:
Darnell Stapleton, Rutgers

Defensive Ends:
Gaines Adams, Clemson, Adam Carriker, Nebraska, Brian Robison, Texas, Anthony Spencer, Purdue, Nuu Tafisi, California, LaMarr Woodley, Michigan

Defensive Tackles:
Jay Alford, Penn State

Outside Linbackers:
Rufas Alexander, Oklahoma, Prescott Burgess, Michigan, Sam Olajubutu, Arkansas, Paul Posluszny, Penn State, Tim Shaw, Penn State

Inside Linbackers:
Desmond Bishop, California, David Harris, Michigan

Cornerbacks:
Fred Bennett, South Carolina, Daymeion Hughes, Calfornia, Tanard Jackson, Syracuse, Marcus McCauley, Fresno State, Aaron Ross, Texas, Eric Wright, UNLV, Usama Young, Kent State

Safeties:
Brannon Condren, Troy, J.D. Nelson, Oregon, Kevin Payne, Louisiana-Monroe, Daren Stone, Maine

Kickers/Punters:
None

eagles fan
04-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that's basically the list from NewEraScouting.com. Do you work with them?

As far as 40 for 57 and Thomas I think that's a fair trade. By the trade value chart at thehuddlereport.com, the difference between picks 40 and 57 is 170 points which is the equivalent of a mid-3rd round pick. That's fair for Thomas considering his age.

Assuming the Eagles go secondary in Round 1, I think they may want to move up in Round Two for Brian Leonard. They may need to jump Green Bay and Pittsburgh to get him. If you guys are targeting Kolb at 40, you can probably get him at 57 although I suppose Jacksonville would be a threat to take him.

Boomer
04-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that's basically the list from NewEraScouting.com. Do you work with them?

As far as 40 for 57 and Thomas I think that's a fair trade. By the trade value chart at thehuddlereport.com, the difference between picks 40 and 57 is 170 points which is the equivalent of a mid-3rd round pick. That's fair for Thomas considering his age.

Assuming the Eagles go secondary in Round 1, I think they may want to move up in Round Two for Brian Leonard. They may need to jump Green Bay and Pittsburgh to get him. If you guys are targeting Kolb at 40, you can probably get him at 57 although I suppose Jacksonville would be a threat to take him.

Nah, it's just a decent resource for seeing who else your team has been talking to, apart from the ones that you can glean from elsewhere.