PDA

View Full Version : Safety in the 1st

Miamifin23
04-15-2007, 02:46 PM
If the Dolphins are strongly considering moving Jason Allen to CB, then I feel we need to really consider Landry at #9 if he's still sitting there. Now I don't think he will but to say if he was we need to jump on that quickly. Other than Bell, we don't have another legit safety and adding a guy with the abilities of Landry would be huge. He could easily step in and have the impact as a Roy Williams or a Sean Taylor. Another possibility would be to trade down to the bottom of the 1st and pick a guy like Reggie Nelson who would fit very nice at FS.

dominizzo
04-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Woow if that is the case ! Miami will have the best D in the NFL

also young great secondary

malzj
04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I second that because there isn't anyone worth the ninth pick at nine. I think we'll trade out of it however.

MustangFinFan
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
well defense wins championships. altho our defense was #4 last year, and we still went 6-10. if Landry or Quinn isnt there at #9, id move back without a doubt. nobody else is worth it.

Renaldo Hill is a good safety...but we can possibly find Michael Griffin or Eric Weddle in the 2nd round. Even that Sabby Piscatelli dude

#1dolphinsfan
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
No the dolphins should not go for a safty in the first they should go with Tedd gin jr in the firts and go with drew stanton in the second and our 2b pick we could go with a safty

Caliphinfan23
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
If Landry is there at #9, you have to take him ! No Questions. Who do you take above him? Quinn is the only answer. You can't take Ginn ahead of Landry. He's arguably the best defensive player in the 1st round for which we have a need.

JT#1
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM
merriwether might be there for our 2nd round pick and hes arguably the best cover safety in the draft.

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
There's alot of talent to be had at #9. It's all related to value. If you go with Landry or NElson at #9, will there be a solid starting LT in the other rounds?? If, you go with Levi Brown or Joe Staley at #9.. will there be a solid starting safety in the other rounds? Certain positions are difficult to come by. Being that LAndry won't be available, I would love for Miami to draft Nelson because he's a playmaker, but on the other hand.. Joe Staley has tremendous potential to solidify a position very difficult to come by for many years. Another position like that is QB and if Quinn is available,the prospect quality along with the need and the position importance supercedes any other pick.

DUB
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
merriwether might be there for our 2nd round pick and hes arguably the best cover safety in the draft.

We need landry in the first or merriweather in the second, no doubt.

eomdtbtr
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Please take LANDRY!

ASUFinFan
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
No the dolphins should not go for a safty in the first they should go with Tedd gin jr in the firts and go with drew stanton in the second and our 2b pick we could go with a safty

If Quinn is out of the equation, then I would love for us to go this route except I would take an OL with that 2b pick.

23EmilioVasquez
04-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Finally some of you know what i was talking about no dout landry is a beast but if he is not there (nor brady quinn) I really think we should trade down merriweather (second fav. safty in draft) might not be there second round so maybe we can trade to the bottom half of the 1st round and get him and another first day pick were we could go Oline all second round

I think our most needed draft pick are in the secondary then oline then wide out then Qb
i have faith i daunte

Roman529
04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
No way Landry will be there when we pick at #9. :rolleyes2

MrEd
04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
If the Dolphins are strongly considering moving Jason Allen to CB, then I feel we need to really consider Landry at #9 if he's still sitting there. Now I don't think he will but to say if he was we need to jump on that quickly. Other than Bell, we don't have another legit safety and adding a guy with the abilities of Landry would be huge. He could easily step in and have the impact as a Roy Williams or a Sean Taylor. Another possibility would be to trade down to the bottom of the 1st and pick a guy like Reggie Nelson who would fit very nice at FS.

Ginn Jr or Quinn are the only two players that MIA should be deciding on. Defense is not MIA's problem right now. Our secondary is straight with Will Allen, Jason Allen, Travis Daniels, and Andre Goodman at CB. And Renaldo Hill, Yeremiah Bell, Worell, Tillman, and a 3rd or 4th round pick on a S.

We need to focus on WR, QB, and OL with our 1st 3 picks. Worry about depth on defense later. Offense is more important. We are fine on Defense. Get over it.

Jaj
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Hill and Bell were actually our most impressive safeties last season and they're a good if undersized combo at FS and SS respectively. One safety is needed, but nothing more than that.

Kyndig
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM

Dude, are you high? I mean can a safety throw touchdown passess? I mean, what's a greater need for this team then 1. QB 2. LT a friggin safety?! Are you out of your mind? A saftety, first round, two years in a row, regardless of where J Allen ends up this year? If I'm Mueller, I'd be worried about my job after that pick...

Crowder52
04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I would be absolutely thrilled with either Landry or Nelson at #9.

23EmilioVasquez
04-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Dude, are you high? I mean can a safety throw touchdown passess? I mean, what's a greater need for this team then 1. QB 2. LT a friggin safety?! Are you out of your mind? A saftety, first round, two years in a row, regardless of where J Allen ends up this year? If I'm Mueller, I'd be worried about my job after that pick...

of course wit all the Qb that willbe there at number 9 i am pertty shore that Quinn and russle will be there (Im being sarcastic) no Qb at number 9 i belive that Joe Thamos is the only O-line player worth going top 10 levi would be okay at 16 or 17 but not 9 that is why it would be good to go with the best player avaliabel in the first round a ssafty would make our D complete we would have a reliable secondary Are you High