PDA

View Full Version : Trade the nine and next years first to get Brady Quinn

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't like giving up day one picks, but if the Dolphins love the player as reported they need to make the deal happen. It's a steep price giving up two high draft picks, but it would fix the revolving door at QB for the next fifteen years.

SuperMarksBros.
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
you are completely out of your mind

MelbournePhin
04-16-2007, 10:31 AM
or just draft a stanton, kolb, or beck

SCall13
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't like giving up day one picks, but if the Dolphins love the player as reported they need to make the deal happen. It's a steep price giving up two high draft picks, but it would fix the revolving door at QB for the next fifteen years.

Ridiculous :rolleyes2

NJFINSFAN1
I would not trade next years #1, but I would trade one of our # 2's this year.

Stefins
No No

Captain Lou
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM

And what if Quinn isn't the answer we screwed ourselves out of potential impact player i the first round for 2 straight years.

clbrazee
04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
NO. Go for Kolb or Stanton.

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
And what if Quinn isn't the answer we screwed ourselves out of potential impact player i the first round for 2 straight years.

If Quinn isn't the answer fire Randy Mueller.

chillwill3000
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
There is no gurantee that Quinn will develop into a franchise quarterback. I don't think it would be in our best interest to drade away first round picks in hopes of gaining a franchise quarterback, like Mueller said, we need quantity or quality.

SgtPhin
04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Why fire Mueller? You're the one saying we give up 2 1st round picks for Quinn. I highly doubt Randy would do anything that insane, anyway.

NYPhinFan
04-16-2007, 10:47 AM
If Quinn isn't the answer fire Randy Mueller.
And what to do with the fan who came up with this ridiculous trade idea??. You want us to trade for him..and if he does not work out..fire the GM??:lol: :lol:

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Why fire Mueller? You're the one saying we give up 2 1st round picks for Quinn. I highly doubt Randy would do anything that insane, anyway.

I don't know if Quinn will be a boom or bust. I read the Dolphins love Quinn. If you loved a player ie Dan Marino and you could trade the nine and next years first for him would you do it?

Lee2000
04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Miami doesn't want to give up high round picks next year. It goes against everything Mueller and Cameron have stated.

Lee2000

elite14eva
04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
no way.

aesop
04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Where do you people get these 'let's solve our ____ problem for a decade by drafting this guy!' ideas?

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I would consider swapping 1st round picks with say...Detriot to get Quinn. But I wouldn't give up a 1st next year too. There would have to be another way...

chillwill3000
04-16-2007, 11:01 AM
If I had a crystal ball that told me Quinn would be just as good or better than Marino, then yes I would make the trade, but the fact of the matter is we don't know how Quinn will turn out, so trading away draft picks for him is not worth the risk.
I don't know if Quinn will be a boom or bust. I read the Dolphins love Quinn. If you loved a player ie Dan Marino and you could trade the nine and next years first for him would you do it?

SBN3YEARS
04-16-2007, 11:02 AM
We don't need to trade, he will fall. Have faith. My only worry is if Mueller is so good, which I think he is, why give away your hand and leak that you love Quinn? Maybe keep it quiet or is this just a smokescreen? This has me worried.

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Where do you people get these 'let's solve our ____ problem for a decade by drafting this guy!' ideas?

After watching crapola at QB for the past seven years, its time to take drastic action. The Dolphins are boring to watch.

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:04 AM

The one thing I will say is this organization never takes a shot at a QB in the draft....and at some point you have too. I'm tired of bringing in perenial backup QBs and guys like Ray Lucas and AJ Feeley to save the franchise. If you can't land a young QB thru free agency....like when we missed out on Brees, I'd rather take a chance already and draft a QB. Doesn't mean he's gonna be the next Peyton Manning, but geeezus you have to take a chance once in a while.

Keep in mind I also wouldn't "reach" for a QB just to draft one...it would have to be someone with potential at a decent spot (Russell, Quinn, Stanton, etc). At that point if no one decent is available, you take BPA.

chillwill3000
04-16-2007, 11:05 AM
And drafting Quinn would make us fun to watch? He will be on the bench for the next 2 years anyway.
After watching crapola at QB for the past seven years, its time to take drastic action. The Dolphins are boring to watch.

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 11:05 AM
If I had a crystal ball that told me Quinn would be just as good or better than Marino, then yes I would make the trade, but the fact of the matter is we don't know how Quinn will turn out, so trading away draft picks for him is not worth the risk.

So your saying you don't believe in Mueller and Cameron as talent evaluators? They believe he will be a franchise QB.

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:06 AM
And drafting Quinn would make us fun to watch? He will be on the bech for the next 2 years anyway.

So don't draft him because he may sit before he gets a chance to be a starter? Not sure I agree with that mentality.

Lee2000
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Instant gratification will have you watching crapola longer than 7 years.

Lee2000

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
We don't need to trade, he will fall. Have faith. My only worry is if Mueller is so good, which I think he is, why give away your hand and leak that you love Quinn? Maybe keep it quiet or is this just a smokescreen? This has me worried.

I think they have kept it quiet for the most part. I dont believe I've read anywhere that they are in love with Quinn, so thats probably a good thing.

aesop
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
The one thing I will say is this organization never takes a shot at a QB in the draft....and at some point you have too. I'm tired of bringing in perenial backup QBs and guys like Ray Lucas and AJ Feeley to save the franchise. If you can't land a young QB thru free agency....like when we missed out on Brees, I'd rather take a chance already and draft a QB. Doesn't mean he's gonna be the next Peyton Manning, but geeezus you have to take a chance once in a while.

Keep in mind I also wouldn't "reach" for a QB just to draft one...it would have to be someone with potential at a decent spot (Russell, Quinn, Stanton, etc). At that point if no one decent is available, you take BPA.Yeah but who's to say we won't have a terrible season and end up with a great number one pick next year which would be extremely deep at QB? The top 3 QBs next year should all make pretty decent NFL QBs.

chillwill3000
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
What i'm saying is, Mueller and Cam or not dumb enough to give away 2 first round pics for Quinn, when there are other quarterbacks in this draft that can be drafted in later rounds, that have a chance of being good quarterbacks in this league. why are you the only one who does not see the reasoning on this? are you Brady Quinns agent?
So your saying you don't believe in Mueller and Cameron as talent evaluators? They believe he will be a franchise QB.

FinFanOhMan
04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
With Quinn we will win!

defensivefan
04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah but who's to say we won't have a terrible season and end up with a great number one pick next year which would be extremely deep at QB? The top 3 QBs next year should all make pretty decent NFL QBs.

You beat me to the point. Surely the overall No1 pick next year is a possibility if things don't get sorted on offense!

chillwill3000
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I never said, don't draft him. I said don't trade away two first round picks for him, if he falls to us at 9, then yeah, take him.
So don't draft him because he may sit before he gets a chance to be a starter? Not sure I agree with that mentality.

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah but who's to say we won't have a terrible season and end up with a great number one pick next year which would be extremely deep at QB? The top 3 QBs next year should all make pretty decent NFL QBs.

Yeh, but next year will be the same story. Fans will be telling everyone why we just can't draft any of those guys because they aren't can't miss prospects...

Who are the top 3 for next year btw.....honestly I can't even think of them and I'm too lazy to look it up? :wink:

Again, to me it's about taking a chance. My thought is we won't end up moving from the 9th spot and if Quinn is available, he'll be a Dolphin. If not, I'd assume they'll look at the next best available QB in round 2 maybe.

PerfectFinz72
04-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I never said, don't draft him. I said don't trade away two first round picks for him, if he falls to us at 9, then yeah, take him.

Yeh, after thinking about it...I really do agree with that. I don't think we'll move from 9.

cantstanddan
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
What i'm saying is, Mueller and Cam or not dump enough to give away 2 first round pics for Quinn, when there are other quarterbacks in this draft that can be drafted in later rounds, that have a chance of being good quarterbacks in this league. why are you the only one who does not see the reasoning on this? are you Brady Quinns agent?

IMHO there are two franchise QB's in this draft. I don't want to see the Dolphins reach for a player on day one who is not the answer.

NYPhinFan
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
IMHO there are two franchise QB's in this draft. I don't want to see the Dolphins reach for a player on day one who is not the answer.BTW...which Dan can't you stand???????:confused: :confused:

Shamboubou
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Why trade our first this year and next year when you can get the same pick for less. I say trade our 1st and our for 2nd from the Pats and a 3rd next year. If they want more than that for the pick then they are SOL. I do think though that Brady is coming into the NFL ready to start. Not too many QB's come in ready to start but I think he is. Weiss has the guy ready mentally and physically to be a star in the NFL.

ohiobryan
04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
that's what i've been saying all along give up this year's number 1 pick and next years number 1 to get quinn........

jim1
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
you are completely out of your mind

I don't think so. If they have a conviction on the guy, get him. If not, hopefully Edwards, Kolb, or Beck in the 2nd/3rd.

FrankieG
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd be willing to trade our first, 1 of our seconds, and maybe a player we dont necessarily need to move up.

miamiron
04-16-2007, 12:40 PM

You have got to get together with
Bryan in ohio:wink:

MexDolfan
04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
BQ is worth two picks, but not two first rounds!!!
Our #9 and #60 for picking him at the 6th spot will be fair.

miamiron
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
that's what i've been saying all along give up this year's number 1 pick and next years number 1 to get quinn........

TRUST ME WE KNOW...WE KNOW:sidelol:

Now I'm going to have to hear the same thing
on 790am every hour on the hour when you call!!:boohoo:

Rhody Phins Fan
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
There is no point in trading next year's first as well. It doesn't make any sense when the draft chart shows that we clearly can give up less than that to move up. This thread is illogical at best.

Lab3003
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM

No.

IdahoPhin
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
And what to do with the fan who came up with this ridiculous trade idea??. You want us to trade for him..and if he does not work out..fire the GM??:lol: :lol:

Trade him to the Lions...:lol:

aesop
04-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeh, but next year will be the same story. Fans will be telling everyone why we just can't draft any of those guys because they aren't can't miss prospects...

Who are the top 3 for next year btw.....honestly I can't even think of them and I'm too lazy to look it up? :wink:

Again, to me it's about taking a chance. My thought is we won't end up moving from the 9th spot and if Quinn is available, he'll be a Dolphin. If not, I'd assume they'll look at the next best available QB in round 2 maybe.Brennan and Brohm are the top prospects I think. There are a number of other quarterbacks who could be #3, but it's best to wait to see who performs next year to really work out the top QBs. But it should be as deep as last year.

EBMisfit
04-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't like giving up day one picks, but if the Dolphins love the player as reported they need to make the deal happen. It's a steep price giving up two high draft picks, but it would fix the revolving door at QB for the next fifteen years.Mike Ditka? Is that you?