PDA

View Full Version : I made the jump

SirDrums
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally made the jump. I went and bought a 360 this weekend and am loving it so far. I wanted to buy Guitar Hero II with it but all 5 stores in my area that sell the game were totally sold out. I remember when Halo 2 came out I went into the store on release day with out a reservation and got a collectors edition righ off the self. Not so with this game lol.

I bought the premium edition so I can use it on my 52" HDTV. The guys at the store were trying to tell me to wait for the elite edition. I almost did until they told me that it is being released in limited supply and that it won't become readily available until the fall. Forget that, I am not going to be wating in front of a store at midnight just to get one of 3 consoles. No sir. If I did, it would only be to ebay it. So I went ahead and got the premium.

I also bought Ranbow Six Vegas. That game is a blast. I was a little disapointed in the graphics, I just expected HD in 1080i to be much sharper than it is(yes i set the switch on the cord and set up 1080i in the dashboard). It still looks alot better than the old xbox just can seem a little foggy or fuzzy sometimes. If text on the dashbord gets to small it will seem a little washed out. The game is an abosulute hoot. Is there anything you can blow up in this game? Get intoa big fire fight and you can hear glass and slot machines being destroyed all over. Cant wait to get the optical cord to pump the sound through my sound system.

Another thing I like is the market place. I like all the little arcade games you can buy. I have always loved playing UNO and was tickled to see it on there. Been having a blast playing it online. They did a real good job with it too. Looks great in HD.
Anyways, my gamertag is ParadidleRidle. I plan on getting Madden 08 when it comes out so maybe I can hook up with some of you guys and play a few games.
later.

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
welcome aboard.....

where did you buy it? did you get the extended warranty?

gears of war is pretty much a must own/buy in my book...

SirDrums
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I bought it at my local gamestop. I didnt get the warranty.
Another thing I like that I didnt mention. THe wireless controller and how you can turn the console on and off with it. I can just leave the controller on my coffee table and just hit the button without have to even touch the xbox itself. Neat feature.

UltraDol-Fan
04-16-2007, 12:34 PM
for Rainbow Six Ubisoft dumbed down the graphics so you wouldn't notice a difference when you play online...they got burned by the original GRAW when the single player looked great and multiplayer looked ho-hum. Gears of War is definitely the best looking game out and one of the most fun.

Motion
04-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I bought it at my local gamestop. I didnt get the warranty.
Another thing I like that I didnt mention. THe wireless controller and how you can turn the console on and off with it. I can just leave the controller on my coffee table and just hit the button without have to even touch the xbox itself. Neat feature.

Great feature, all the new systems have it.

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah it's one of those features where you go....YES!!! ABOUT TIME.....WE, AS A CIVILIZATION, HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! probably similar to when remote controls were first out for televisions.

SpurzN703
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the world of XBox 360 bro. I made the jump a few weeks ago and I'm lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvving it man :D

FinsNCanes
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Well..my excitement lasted only like 3 weeks. I ended up beating FEAR (dissapointed in the end) and playing Gears co-op here and there. Other then that I'm having a hard time finding a good game.

Still waiting to hook up to XBL and play some GRAW 2..hopefully that's as good as it sounds and with Halo coming sometime shortly..I can only hope, otherwise I can think of only like 4 games worth playing :(

Hopefully you have better luck :cooldude:

UltraDol-Fan
04-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Well..my excitement lasted only like 3 weeks. I ended up beating FEAR (dissapointed in the end) and playing Gears co-op here and there. Other then that I'm having a hard time finding a good game.

Still waiting to hook up to XBL and play some GRAW 2..hopefully that's as good as it sounds and with Halo coming sometime shortly..I can only hope, otherwise I can think of only like 4 games worth playing :(

Hopefully you have better luck :cooldude:

Xbox is all about online play, so not having it is probably hurting your opinion. Buy Gears of War, it is the most fun single player game IMO, or Oblivion if you're into RPG games, that will last you around 60 hours :D

FinsNCanes
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Xbox is all about online play, so not having it is probably hurting your opinion. Buy Gears of War, it is the most fun single player game IMO, or Oblivion if you're into RPG games, that will last you around 60 hours :D

I have Gears. It's fun..just kind of easy wants you get the hang of it.

I'm gonna go out and get GRAW 2, play that online for a while till Halo I guess. I'm not a huge Halo fan but I saw the latest video on online and it seems pretty cool. Let's just hope they can do like 16v16 or something. The 4v4 and 8v8 is getting stale. I mean..the ps3 managed to get 40 people in one game...:tongue:

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
an xbox 360 w/o xbox live would suck in my opinion

Majpain
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM

Tell me about it .

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm gonna go out and get GRAW 2, play that online for a while till Halo I guess. I'm not a huge Halo fan but I saw the latest video on online and it seems pretty cool. Let's just hope they can do like 16v16 or something. The 4v4 and 8v8 is getting stale. I mean..the ps3 managed to get 40 people in one game...:tongue:

you should have got a ps3, they have alot more games for you to choose from

FinsNCanes
04-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Well..that just makes it sound like the games suck when you say that. I mean..is online different? Yeah..of course, but all in all it's the same game.

I think my gaming passion is near dead is the problem :boohoo:

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
maybe it is....just for me, my xbox would feel like it was half dead if it wasn't hooked up to broadband....the games all have some sort of online component, and i love that....(except guitar hero 2 grrr)

anyways, its the same with my PC...like if my internet goes down, even though i have some single player games i COULD play...i don't....i just defrag my HDD or something lol, and go do something else...if i game, its online...i love the unknown of playing on line and the different circumstances/scenarios that can only happen in online games against/with human opponents....also human opponents bring much more challenge than computer controlled AI....

theghost
04-16-2007, 01:25 PM

I disagree.

Pagan
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Well if you knew how to drive you'd have a blast online with Project Gotham Racing II and Test Drive: Unlimited. :tongue:

Just kidding bro, HAD to do it! :lol:

Forza Motorsports is going to rule. :D

SirDrums
04-16-2007, 02:10 PM
The screens on the forza pre order dox at the gamestop looked almost photo realistic.

HVACservice
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I bought a 360 and several games in January and really have been pretty dissapointed as well. Ive got Madden, Live, Gears...etc. But they just dont do it for me. Madden is so stripped down its not even fun.....

I think Ive just lost my love for video games.

Anyone want to buy a 360 with 20 hrs on it? :goof:

Agent51
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally made the jump. I went and bought a 360 this weekend and am loving it so far. I wanted to buy Guitar Hero II with it but all 5 stores in my area that sell the game were totally sold out. I remember when Halo 2 came out I went into the store on release day with out a reservation and got a collectors edition righ off the self. Not so with this game lol.

I bought the premium edition so I can use it on my 52" HDTV. The guys at the store were trying to tell me to wait for the elite edition. I almost did until they told me that it is being released in limited supply and that it won't become readily available until the fall. Forget that, I am not going to be wating in front of a store at midnight just to get one of 3 consoles. No sir. If I did, it would only be to ebay it. So I went ahead and got the premium.

I also bought Ranbow Six Vegas. That game is a blast. I was a little disapointed in the graphics, I just expected HD in 1080i to be much sharper than it is(yes i set the switch on the cord and set up 1080i in the dashboard). It still looks alot better than the old xbox just can seem a little foggy or fuzzy sometimes. If text on the dashbord gets to small it will seem a little washed out. The game is an abosulute hoot. Is there anything you can blow up in this game? Get intoa big fire fight and you can hear glass and slot machines being destroyed all over. Cant wait to get the optical cord to pump the sound through my sound system.

Another thing I like is the market place. I like all the little arcade games you can buy. I have always loved playing UNO and was tickled to see it on there. Been having a blast playing it online. They did a real good job with it too. Looks great in HD.
Anyways, my gamertag is ParadidleRidle. I plan on getting Madden 08 when it comes out so maybe I can hook up with some of you guys and play a few games.
later.

Nice choices dude. I bought mine during last year's E3 (when I was PLANNING on getting a 360 after a PS3) and couldn't be happier.

You are right, the marketplace is awesome. I love being able to DL demos instead of having to go out and rent them. Getting trailers is pretty cool too. I check the marketplace every single time I turn the machine on to see if there are any new demos or trailers :lol:

As far as Rainbow 6, I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I didn't find it too VISUALLY impressive compared with the other options out there. The gameplay itself is pretty fun, but the graphics definately aren't up to the standards of a lot of the other games, os that could be why you aren't impressed, it's the actual game not the 360 itself. I still think Fight Night: Round 3 is the best looking game I've played on the 360 so far. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. Even if you aren't a boxing fan or fan of boxing games, it's worth DLing the free demo just to see the graphics.

You are also going to be one happy dude when you get your hands on Guitar Hero II, lol. I've been a diehard fan since the first one. I don't have it for 360 only because I already own it for PS2 and didn't wanna re-buy all the stuff, but I probably will if they release songs that I love in the future.

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
OK, I finally found a copy of GHII. I checked bestbuy online and they said my store was sold out but I decided to go look anyway. I guess they just got a box in yesterday and had just put it out. By the time I got there, half the display was empty and I saw 3 guys with copies in their hands at the checkout. While I was there I also picked up a optic bale to get the xbox to work on my surround sound sysem.
How is the game? Well, the fact that I'm sitting here at work half asleep should be proof enough lol. Its an absolute blast. Very well done. Though some songs are a little bland like Bostons wayawrd son. I am on the third stage and have finisnhed all songs on 4 stars up to that point thought its only on easy mode right now.

UltraDol-Fan
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
you can't say the songs are bland while you are playing on EASY :lol: They get a lot better on the harder difficulties

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 10:11 AM
hehe, I was meaning the way they sound. Do they change the way the song sounds on harder diff?

illscriptures
04-17-2007, 01:14 PM

When you get xbox live, play me online and find out just how easy it is.

FinsNCanes
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
When you get xbox live, play me online and find out just how easy it is.

:rolleyes2

Sure.

Phin-o-rama
04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
hehe, I was meaning the way they sound. Do they change the way the song sounds on harder diff?

the sound isn't that phenomenal.....if you are talking about like...quality wise...

i've read many say that their subwoofer doesn't even seem to be on while playing gh2 through optical audio....i dunno....

or...are you referring to the fact that 90% of the songs are covers sung by some newb in the studio...cuz on some they do a decent job...but others they butcher it haha....but yeah its a fun game ..

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
or...are you referring to the fact that 90% of the songs are covers sung by some newb in the studio...cuz on some they do a decent job...but others they butcher it haha....but yeah its a fun game ..

Thats what I meant. Some of those songs are really well. Others leave alot to be sedired. Of course some of those songs I have been listening to all my life and have very high expectations for.

Phin-o-rama
04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
the point of this game though is its YOUR band on the road touring and doing cover songs of famous tunes (or at least thats the line they feed you to buy into the fact they didn't want to pay the licensing fees for all those songs)

hehe

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Another thing that I adressed in the thread was the graphics in rainbow six not being sharp enough. The graphics in GH2 are very well done, no fuzzyness or such when viewing this game. I am happy to see that the problems wasn't with my TV.

I cant wait to see what forza is going to look like!

SirDrums
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
just an update,
Been enjoying GHII though I can only play it for an hour or so at a time. Its usually about 8pm when I start and I get sleepy around 9, LOL i cant keep up with the notes then!

I didnt get to start ealier yesterday, just blew through about 8 songs on easy. Been having some trouble on the song Madhouse though. Great song, just can be hard to keep up!

One of the tips said that you can buy more videos. What are they used for in the game?

Agent51
04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
just an update,
Been enjoying GHII though I can only play it for an hour or so at a time. Its usually about 8pm when I start and I get sleepy around 9, LOL i cant keep up with the notes then!

I didnt get to start ealier yesterday, just blew through about 8 songs on easy. Been having some trouble on the song Madhouse though. Great song, just can be hard to keep up!

One of the tips said that you can buy more videos. What are they used for in the game?

Absolutely nothing. They are just "behind the scenes" videos. I haven't seen the ones on the 360, or even the PS2 version of GH2, but I remember on GH1 they were just videos of the songs being recorded and stuff, nothing too entertaining. Pretty boring actually, as it was just a dude sitting in a studio with a guitar recording the songs you are already sick of at that point from playing them 19064782364716456 times :lol: