PDA

View Full Version : Quinn not a Good Pick

kashbo
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
on Si.com

They talked about brady quinn. one statement that caught my eye was

Scouts fear Brady Quinn's success at Notre Dame may have been because of Charlie Weis' system more than his natural talent. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/15/draft/index.html)

Geforce
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Are these the same scouts that hope he will fall in the draft so they can take him?

A product of the Weis' System? Isn't Weis' System a pro-style system and isn't every QB a product of a "system?"

Crowder52
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Please tell me you don't base your opinions solely on magazine articles. :shakeno:

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Here we go again!!!

Wolf13
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
What it tells me about that line is that Quinn is coachable. It is also impressive in that he goes from a west coast scheme from his first two years to that of a conventional pro style under weis. Now I'm not saying that AJ Feely was a great QB, but I remember him mentioning that going from a west coast offense to a conventional one is like learning a brand new language. The fact that Quinn did this while learning and bettering his game under a former NFL Offensive coordinator speaks volumes about him.

Jaj
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
These guys have no idea. If you can run Weis' modified offense you can run Cameron's version of the Air Coryell.

quinn10
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
think about it if he studied in a pro style offense no dip he is practically understand any prostyle offense cause the thing about it weis is that he puts a mixture of plays in, and also u got green to groom him (if we draft him) for about 1 or 2 years so then he will be ready

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
think about it if he studied in a pro style offense no dip he is practically understand any prostyle offense cause the thing about it weis is that he puts a mixture of plays in, and also u got green to groom him (if we draft him) for about 1 or 2 years so then he will be ready
yea I dont see where people have this hangup about Quinn really. He's been productive, has the physical tools, has the toughness both mental and physical, is a workout warrior, and loves to work period. He a student of the game and has a strong urge to suceed. That all sounds good to me, and that's about as much as you can ask for.

Fingers
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Quinn will be a success in the NFL. Thankfully, Mr. Mueller is making the calls.

Crzynick25
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
yea I dont see where people have this hangup about Quinn really. He's been productive, has the physical tools, has the toughness both mental and physical, is a workout warrior, and loves to work period. He a student of the game and has a strong urge to suceed. That all sounds good to me, and that's about as much as you can ask for.

Not that mention that he alone brought a medicore team to a BCS bowl two years straight. He has no Line, a receiver thats not even in the top ten receiver of his class, McKnight, another receiver who is playing baseball, Samarjia (SP), a running back that will have to fight to be a 3rd down running back in the NFL, Walker, and No defense what so ever. this meant that everytime he stepped on the field he knew he has to score cause the defense was going to let one up, thats why he didnt play well in big games, becasue he has to do too much, and the GREAT teams, Michigan, LSU, USC were to much for one guy to over come himself, he can't help that the defense let up 40+ pts a game, and the he was under constant pressure with they face a good pass rush, and despite all that he and he alone made that team one of the best in the country the last two years

ohiobryan
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
quinn not a good pick yes he is a GREAT PICK!

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow..the fanboys are out in force. It's kind of sad how people really have no idea what a good QB is.

This is the place that said that Feeley was the answer...then Gus, then Joey, then Cleo.

So, I am not suprised to read fanboy posts about Quinn. Drew Stanton will be a much better QB then Quinn. So will Russel. And you will all conveniently forget your posts about Quinn just like you gloss over your past mistakes.

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Not that mention that he alone brought a medicore team to a BCS bowl two years straight. He has no Line, a receiver thats not even in the top ten receiver of his class, McKnight, another receiver who is playing baseball, Samarjia (SP), a running back that will have to fight to be a 3rd down running back in the NFL, Walker, and No defense what so ever. this meant that everytime he stepped on the field he knew he has to score cause the defense was going to let one up, thats why he didnt play well in big games, becasue he has to do too much, and the GREAT teams, Michigan, LSU, USC were to much for one guy to over come himself, he can't help that the defense let up 40+ pts a game, and the he was under constant pressure with they face a good pass rush, and despite all that he and he alone made that team one of the best in the country the last two years
Yes he can, it was Quinn's fault, he should have done something to stop all that scoring. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Man you just cant tell some people anything. They just dont get it.

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Tom Brady is a system QB too.. So?

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Wow..the fanboys are out in force. It's kind of sad how people really have no idea what a good QB is.

This is the place that said that Feeley was the answer...then Gus, then Joey, then Cleo.

So, I am not suprised to read fanboy posts about Quinn. Drew Stanton will be a much better QB then Quinn. So will Russel. And you will all conveniently forget your posts about Quinn just like you gloss over your past mistakes.
Having the opinion that one player might be better than another player, especially when they are close in comparison, is one thing...however, when people on here speak of Quinn being crap, well thats a completely different thing altogether. The thing is, some of the same arguments about Quinn being horrible, is the same arguments supporting Stanton, Edwards, Russell, or QB's from last year.

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM

I never thought Feeley was the answer...but i hoped he could be.

I never ever thought Gus was the answer...knew he would be here a year or 2.
I never thought Joey would either...hoped he could reserect his career though.
I too like Stanton, Im high on him, like his skills, competitiveness, etc., but not over Quinn. Dont get me even started on Russell.

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Go ahead and get started on Russel. He has already graded out as the top QB in the draft and will be. He is a far superior talent to Quinn. What happened to Quinn last year? Why was he so bad? I don't get it...please explain this.

Crowder52
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Go ahead and get started on Russel. He has already graded out as the top QB in the draft and will be. He is a far superior talent to Quinn. What happened to Quinn last year? Why was he so bad? I don't get it...please explain this.

LOL there is nothing to explain, he wasn't bad last year in any sense of the word.

Agent51
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
on Si.com

Scouts fear Brady Quinn's success at Notre Dame may have been because of Charlie Weis' system more than his natural talent. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/15/draft/index.html)

You mean the system that has gotten Tom Brady and the Patriots 3 super bowl victories in the last 6 years?

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
How in the **** did Quinn have a bad year last year?:confused:

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, if we get Quinn, I would LOVE to be wrong. Love it. I want a great QB here as much as any Fin fans. But I watched Quinn struggle in the big games, and pad stats agianst the patsies last year.

Elliott 1
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Quinn the phin. Quinn the Lion. Quinn the Brown. Quinn the Viking. Quinn the skin.

He is going to be playing his football in Ohio this year.

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
We are obviously going to draft somebody if we sign Green. I am very interested for draft day.

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, if we get Quinn, I would LOVE to be wrong. Love it. I want a great QB here as much as any Fin fans. But I watched Quinn struggle in the big games, and pad stats agianst the patsies last year.
Im glad to hear that you would love to be wrong, i would to if the tables were turned around...I too want the BEST for the phins.

But seriously, did you watch Quinn play a lot, really, be honest with yourself on this one. I watched the guy for 4 years, and i saw a guy who took a BEATING for 2 of those, and i mean a BEATING. Most QB's would have folded, but he got stronger man. It didnt shake his confidence. I mean he just strapped his helmet on and went at it. Never complained, never made excuses, the consument team guy. Then things came around for him when Charlie got there. And his senior season was even better.

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Quinn the phin. Quinn the Lion. Quinn the Brown. Quinn the Viking. Quinn the skin.

He is going to be playing his football in Ohio this year.
:D Nice...But Quinn the phin has a nice ring to it!!!:wink:

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
We are obviously going to draft somebody if we sign Green. I am very interested for draft day.
Yep, we need a young QB, one for the future, thatsawhat we need.

Stitches
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM

I don't know anyone who is backing Quinn that even thought those guys were the answer.

phinphanforever
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM

I tend to agree. It seems that Quinn, as King noted, is one of many in this draft class that are terrifying the scouts. There are more questions than answers. As the one personnel man noted:
"When I watch him on tape, I come up with more questions than answers. I really don't like how he played against an athletic team like LSU in the bowl game this year, and you know he's going to face a lot of defenses like that in the NFL."

I'm praying that was Randy speaking to Peter.
I was pleased that King noted Quinn wanted to be a Brown, and if this is the case, I hope Brady gets his wish. It would be fitting for him to land in Cleveland, home of the team that drafted Tim Couch, Eric Zeier, and Luke McCown.

Roman529
04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Quinn is going to be a good QB.....if anyone might be a bust it could be JaMarcus Russell. :err:

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Quinn is going to be a good QB.....if anyone might be a bust it could be JaMarcus Russell. :err:
I agree, Quinn to me is more of a "you know what your gonna get guy." And Russell is a "boom or bust" guy.

Geforce
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM

What has Drew Stanton done that makes you think he'll be a better QB than Quinn?

IRONCORP
04-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Quinn stink.

Is much better wait to the next year, this generetion is not God

Agent51
04-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Quinn stink.

Is much better wait to the next year, this generetion is not God

And who next year would fill this so-called "God" role? :rolleyes2

postermaster
04-17-2007, 04:27 AM
on Si.com

And one statement that caught my eyes is that last year they say (Si.com), that Miami was going to be in the Superbowl, but instead we finished with a 6 - 10 record... :shakeno:

ASUFinFan
04-17-2007, 04:35 AM
And one statement that caught my eyes is that last year they say (Si.com), that Miami was going to be in the Superbowl, but instead we finished with a 6 - 10 record... :shakeno:

To SI and the rest of the worlds sake though, everyone was figuring that with a healthy Cpep and our defense we would have a good shot.

Springveldt
04-17-2007, 04:53 AM
Yep, and JaMarcus Russell was outstanding against Florida and Auburn this season. :rolleyes2
Before the Sugar Bowl most people weren't sure about Russell as he had been so patchy but then LSU rightly so beat up on an overmatched Notre Dame and Russell is the #1 overall. Look at where LSU's WR's will be drafted compared to the Notre Dame secondary, maybe that is why Russell looked so good throwing to wide open receivers.
Personally I think both will end up being fine QB's but I think Quinn will "get it" a lot faster than Russell due to the extra year in college plus the style of offence he played in for his last two years in college.

bakedmatt
04-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, the baseball magazine doesn't like him. Look out!

Edit: I was thinking of Sporting News.