PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to trade Caulpepper plus Chambers and switch with the Raiders?

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Probably not, but Jamarcus Russel is the QB to get in this draft, not Quinn.

Geforce
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Why is Russell the QB to get instead of Quinn?

dolfan2334
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
since culpepper isnt the right QB for our team ... why would jamarcus russel be?

csabe
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Maybe in Madden.

dolfan2334
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
and if we moved to #1 i'd have to believe we'd be taking calvin johnson...especially if we traded chambers..... but overall this trade wouldnt go down b/c i dont think the dolphins would have any interest in moving up to #1 since Quinn is obviously the primary target

Finsfan1984
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I dont think Russell is the man for our system, NO WAY!!!

Motion
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM

I think you'll find plenty of people here that disagree, and rightfully so.

zonk4ever
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Can't wait for the draft. Useless thread.

Captain Lou
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM

Because that seems to be the consensus from almost every reputable source. He is the #1 Qb on the majority of teams draft boards. That's a fact. However, I dont want nothing to do with him or Quinn. I think there draft status is elavated because their is no real great qb prospect, but there is alot depth in the draft.

Last years top 3 for instance

Vince Young- Literally took games over ie national championship game

Cutler- He made a very bad team Vandy competitive, and even beat Tennessee and gave Florida all they could handle.

Lienart- I know he had a very talented team, but he came through in the clutch. How many times was USC down buy 2 or 3 tds, and he brought them back.

I can't say the same thing about the guys in this draft. I refuse to force Quinn into the same category.

FireInTheNole
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Could that be why we are trying to get Trent Green???

eomdtbtr
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

1. Raw talent
2. Potential
3. Arm
4. Legs
5. Can throw very well on the run
6. Quick release
7. Leader
8. Poise
9. Composure
10. Is getting better every year, and is still improving

FinAtic8480
04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
While Chris Chambers might have some value, we have yet to see if Daunte Culpepper has any value. The trade would only happen in Madden as much as I would love for it to happen.

Geforce
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Because that seems to be the consensus from almost every reputable source. He is the #1 Qb on the majority of teams draft boards. That's a fact. However, I dont want nothing to do with him or Quinn. I think there draft status is elavated because their is no real great qb prospect, but there is alot depth in the draft.

Last years top 3 for instance

Vince Young- Literally took games over ie national championship game

Cutler- He made a very bad team Vandy competitive, and even beat Tennessee and gave Florida all they could handle.

Lienart- I know he had a very talented team, but he came through in the clutch. How many times was USC down buy 2 or 3 tds, and he brought them back.

I can't say the same thing about the guys in this draft. I refuse to force Quinn into the same category.

Well I was hoping for the thread starter to respond but since he didn't...

Russell may be the #1 QB on many boards but is he #1 on Miami's Draft Board. While you think their draft status is elevated because of the lack of great QB prospects, Russell and Quinn is still widely regarded as the best of this year's class.

Geforce
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
1. Raw talent
2. Potential
3. Arm
4. Legs
5. Can throw very well on the run
6. Quick release
7. Leader
8. Poise
9. Composure
10. Is getting better every year, and is still improving

Non of those are reasons enough to take Russell over Quinn especially when the question of passion for the game and work ethic comes into question.

No QB in this year's draft has a better work ethic or is as well prepared for the NFL as Quinn.

23EmilioVasquez
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
culpepper is not worth any thing to another team beacuase of what nick satan did this guy better not get released it is not his fualt they made him play when he was not ready know he sudenly is a bad Qb he threw 39 Td and 11 INT oaky and dont give me that he had randy bullshi+ because so did aron brooks and that other random guy and they didnot get over 15 TD this season

PS culpepper never started on fire but he caught on while the season progressed

Agent51
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM

No, he isn't.

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
since culpepper isnt the right QB for our team ... why would jamarcus russel be?

Wow, what a stereotypical post.

It's funny that you guys are seriously in such denial to think that Quinn qould be better here then Russel. It's kind of depressing actually. I am sure many of you are amazed that Lemon will not start, that Gus did not work out, and blown away that Harrington got cut.

Jamarcus Russel was described by Jimbo Fisher as maybe "the most talented QB to come out of college football". He is light years ahead of Quinn who was a product of Weis's system.

It's just incredible that anyone would want Russel over Quinn, you'd have to have ZERO knowledge of football, but of course, this is the place where everyone thought that Harrington was a starter.

Trade up and get Russel or wait and get Stanton. That's the way the Fins should go.

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Seriously, I can't believe you are asking this.

Quinn is not a very good QB. He was godawful before Weis got there, and Weis's system made him look MUCH better. He is maybe one of the most overhyped QBs in college football. He has very poor accuracy, and the only thing that gets people excited is his size.

Jam Russel came out of high school as a heralded prospect. He never lost the starting job, and in fact took it from a Senior. If you watched his near comeback as a freshman against Iowa in their bowl game, you would have seen the natural talent the man posseses.

He has a huge arm and is accurate. He is mobile. He was a solid QB all 3 years as a starter. If you watched LSU, you may notice the wealth of depth at QB he had to beat out to hold on to that starting job.

ND really had nothing, and is finally getting on track with Clausen. Quinn, once again was horrible before Weis and regressed his senior year.

Elliott 1
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
The trade is defintely possible. We traded for DC when his knee was worse than it is now but both Chambers and Daunte would have to agree to pay cuts to be traded because their contracts are exorbitant. It's probably more likely that Daunte gets cut this year and if Chambers has another bad year this year he will get cut next year because noone will take him for the amount of money on his contract.

Not only that but the dead cap money we will incur this year from DC and CC is prohibitive to letting them both go.

Booker however, can be traded with no dead cap and a free and clear savings around 3.5 million.

SammySmif
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I am still blown away that people really think Quinn is better then Russell. I guess a lot of people here just watch NFL and then take guesses at who should be the QB. There is no way a rational person can think that Quinn would go ahead of Russel..in fact it will not happen..mark it down..Russel goes as the first QB off the boards...it's for a REASON folks.

Agent51
04-16-2007, 07:54 PM
I am still blown away that people really think Quinn is better then Russell. I guess a lot of people here just watch NFL and then take guesses at who should be the QB. There is no way a rational person can think that Quinn would go ahead of Russel..in fact it will not happen..mark it down..Russel goes as the first QB off the boards...it's for a REASON folks.

Yeah, because Al Davis loves overrated, overhyped players, what's your point? :rolleyes2

A player going #1 overall doesn't mean he is the best player in the draft. Calvin Johnson seems to be the consensus best player, and he may not go til #4. By your logic Mario Williams was the best football player in last years draft :sidelol:

Also, a player going before another player at the same position doesn't mean he's better, it means he fits the team's system better.

Tell me, where were you before the Sugar Bowl? How come you weren't preaching about Russell throughout the season? Don't tell me because he is a Junior and you didn't know if he'd be coming out or not or you would have, because I will call you a liar. Reggie Bush was a Junior last year and there were threads about him all season, same with Vince Young, so that excuse won't fly. You bought into the Russell hype just like every single other person after the Sugar Bowl. Again, funny you (and others) are only posting these threads AFTER it became "cool" to bash Quinn and praise Russell's one game performance. :shakeno:

jyockel99
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
ok. great plan. get a new franchise quarterback (who is pretty much a clone of the one we're gonna trade), and in the process get rid of go to guy and leave him with NO recievers. Great plan buddy. Sry, but i gotta give this plan two thumbs down. W/o anyone to throw to, russel would be useless.

dolfan2334
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow, what a stereotypical post.

It's funny that you guys are seriously in such denial to think that Quinn qould be better here then Russel. It's kind of depressing actually. I am sure many of you are amazed that Lemon will not start, that Gus did not work out, and blown away that Harrington got cut.

Jamarcus Russel was described by Jimbo Fisher as maybe "the most talented QB to come out of college football". He is light years ahead of Quinn who was a product of Weis's system.

It's just incredible that anyone would want Russel over Quinn, you'd have to have ZERO knowledge of football, but of course, this is the place where everyone thought that Harrington was a starter.

Trade up and get Russel or wait and get Stanton. That's the way the Fins should go.

how is that stereotypical... he doesnt fit the system cam wants to run. plain and simple.