PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Madden 08 cover player is...

Medieval954
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Vince Young.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young will be on the cover of the EA Sports Madden 2008 video game.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed Young’s gracing the cover of the game to The City Paper. Efforts to reach EA Sports were unsuccessful on Monday.

An official announcement is expected on Tuesday and Young will appear on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" as part of the kickoff promotion for the newest version the popular NFL video game that is endorsed by NFL Hall of Fame coach and analyst John Madden.

Young apparently will also appear in commercial spots for the game that will be aired during coverage of the NFL Draft.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=33&screen=news&news_id=55690

R.I.P. Titans season. Prepare your fantasy teams accordingly.

Dol-Fan Dupree
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
poor guy

rob19
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
woahhh!! talk about unexpected... i sure hope the guy doesn't get injured...

Agent51
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
NOOO! I was looking forward to watching my man play a full season with experience under his belt. He is one of my favorite players after he brought my Longhorns to the title win. Sorry Vince :(

Motion
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
:woot: Not that I would ever wish injury upon anyone but............I kid I kid

dominizzo
04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
The Madden curse lives on

Desides
04-16-2007, 08:43 PM
What a joke. Young did nothing to deserve being on the cover.

VanDolPhan
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM

So what would be the curse here beyond injury? His QB rating can't get any worse................or can it? :sidelol:

King Felix
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
:shakeno: joke

Motion
04-16-2007, 09:28 PM

:yeahthat:

phinpunk14
04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
EA isn't even pretending to try anymore. Why pay for one of the superstars to be on the cover when you're the only nfl licensed football game. Young is cheaper than manning, and they don't have to worry about competing.

Boston
04-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Or maybe being Rookie Of The Year.... means nothing? Who would you want? Devin Hester :D HAHAHA!

Cool Calm Mike
04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
66.7 quarterback rating!

Unreal.

Enforcerfin33
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM
completely agree...makes you wonder if no one wanted to do it because of the curse.

Stitches
04-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe since he did bad last year, he'll be the 1st to reverse the curse?

It's a thought at least.

Brown42000
04-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I hope this doesn't mean they are going to revamp the quarterback position again because the defensive backfield needs to be revamped.

Stitches
04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I hope this doesn't mean they are going to revamp the quarterback position again because the defensive backfield needs to be revamped.

How would they revamp the QBs position? By making the QB even less accurate?

Sethdaddy8
04-16-2007, 11:35 PM
He was probably the 5th or 6th guy EA asked.

Dolfan11
04-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Young is one of the few players you watch a game for? I mean, aside from the Dolphins, I try and watch most games. If there's one guy playing I watch: Manning, Bush, Vick, and Young are those guys. There's no question in his playmaking abilities. I'm enamoured when I watch him play and make plays, just like the others mentioned above.

For him to get the cover of Madden? Eh. Were there others better suited for the cover? Sure. Another Titan? Guess they didn't learn the first time. I think the selection is ok and a smart move from a business standpoint seeing as aside from Reggie Bush he's easily on of the most marketable names in the game.

Bring on the details!

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 12:29 AM
This goes to show you that you dont cross Mr. Madden. If you do you might wake up one day with your face on the cover of the game...

THat darn box is like the sports version of a voodoo doll. I bet madden pokes it with needles and puts it over open flame during commercial breaks.

HysterikiLL
04-17-2007, 12:33 AM

What the hell does that have to do that?

I swear, some people will just hate Vince for the sake of hating Vince.

hardhitn
04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Apparently Vince Young will be on cover of Madden 08....

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55690

What you guys think...

hardhitn
04-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Vince Young on cover of MADDEN 08

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55690

What do you guys think?

dominizzo
04-17-2007, 01:02 AM
The curse lives on

dominizzo
04-17-2007, 01:03 AM
brooo I miss Guerrero but hes an Angel now for awhile

DeathStar
04-17-2007, 01:03 AM
there goes the titans season.

Aqua4Ever04
04-17-2007, 01:41 AM
That's dumb. Young isn't even the best QB out of that draft class.

СЯΘΜ
04-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I wonder if he will have a fracture or blow out his knee?

Sethdaddy8
04-17-2007, 02:06 AM
That's dumb. Young isn't even the best QB out of that draft class.

He did have the best season though. but proof and ROY accolades are overrated. The guy is hated here. Many Finheaveners deem this guy a risk and a dud, compared to Cutler and Young...and if he took Tennesse on a Superbowl run, those thoughts would not be any different. He almost took a 1-5 team to the play-offs as a rookie, literally putting them on his shoulders in the process. The poll I took proves his lack of popularity.

Stitches
04-17-2007, 07:29 AM
He did have the best season though. but proof and ROY accolades are overrated. The guy is hated here. Many Finheaveners deem this guy a risk and a dud, compared to Cutler and Young...and if he took Tennesse on a Superbowl run, those thoughts would not be any different. He almost took a 1-5 team to the play-offs as a rookie, literally putting them on his shoulders in the process. The poll I took proves his lack of popularity.

Did you happen to notice the play of his defense and special teams in the games they won?

Motion
04-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Did you happen to notice the play of his defense and special teams in the games they won?

Don't go spreading logic in here now.

Enforcerfin33
04-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Don't go spreading logic in here now.
lol...yeh its clear logic and Madden are not familiar with eachother. :lol:

Dolfan11
04-17-2007, 09:00 AM
It could be that aside from the gameplay standpoint, their implementing some sort of rookie system. Maybe so rookies can be effective and not effective? Maybe your 1st round pick will have moments where he chokes and others where he shows signs of promise? Maybe they'll actually make rookies significant with some sort of rookie feature, and they could do the same with the veterans?

Just speculation, might not make any sense.

SirDrums
04-17-2007, 09:34 AM
speaking of madden. anyone know of any new features they are putting in the game this year?
I hope there really the do something to make this game stick out from the past maddens and not just another rehash with a new caot of paint. Nothing wrong twith those old maddens but I kinda dont like the idea of paying 60 bucks for a rehash.

Predaphin
04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
That's a shame. The guy had promising talent.

Medieval954
04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
First screens of the soon to be injured in Madden 08...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/mediazt4-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/media2ea8-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158801

Dolfan11
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
First screens of the soon to be injured in Madden 08...

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2638/mediazt4.jpg

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7079/media2ea8.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/525/media3em7.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158801

F_CKING AWESOME!

His arms aren't the size of Hulk Hogan!

Sethdaddy8
04-18-2007, 01:15 AM

They allowed over 100 points in the last four games of the season! Wouldn't exactly call that stout. Plus, Pacman was a threat all season long.

Logic...Motion, would be to give the ROY a single ounce of credit...even if he does nothing else significant with his career. He's already done more than most in this league in just one season...making the Pro-Bowl as a rookie and winning a very coveted honor. What more could the guy have done...south of walking on water, to earn credit among the finheaven elitist critics?

Well, he has a tendency to not look off weak-side linebackers when its 3rd and 4, when defenses are showing blitzes...and from weeks 7 though 13, 15, and 17, he was only 43% on second down short yardage situations...and he blah, blah, blah, blah's worse than Jay Cutler, who had a far less significant impact among his superior franchise anyway.

Hey, maybe the analytical/statistical thinkers will prevail, and Vince Young won't be as successful as you all deem. I know Im in the minorty among Finheaven VIP'ers in my sentiments for Vince Young. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how you guys define "success/unsuccessful" when we're talking about Vince Young? Not winning superbowls and league MVPs every year? The guy did very good things this year.

Brown42000
04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
F_CKING AWESOME!

His arms aren't the size of Hulk Hogan!
His arms don't seem that big in the screenshots. Hopefully they release the game earlier this year also.

Motion
04-18-2007, 10:47 AM
They allowed over 100 points in the last four games of the season! Wouldn't exactly call that stout. Plus, Pacman was a threat all season long.

Logic...Motion, would be to give the ROY a single ounce of credit...even if he does nothing else significant with his career. He's already done more than most in this league in just one season...making the Pro-Bowl as a rookie and winning a very coveted honor. What more could the guy have done...south of walking on water, to earn credit among the finheaven elitist critics?

Well, he has a tendency to not look off weak-side linebackers when its 3rd and 4, when defenses are showing blitzes...and from weeks 7 though 13, 15, and 17, he was only 43% on second down short yardage situations...and he blah, blah, blah, blah's worse than Jay Cutler, who had a far less significant impact among his superior franchise anyway.

Hey, maybe the analytical/statistical thinkers will prevail, and Vince Young won't be as successful as you all deem. I know Im in the minorty among Finheaven VIP'ers in my sentiments for Vince Young. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how you guys define "success/unsuccessful" when we're talking about Vince Young? Not winning superbowls and league MVPs every year? The guy did very good things this year.

Too each their own. If you put that much value in those "coveted" awards. He only made the Pro Bowl due to injuries and didn't deserve the ROY IMO. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, its cool, I wouldn't waste your time trying to convince others though.

mor911
04-18-2007, 11:27 AM
it's good to see that Vince looks human. One major complaint of Madden 06 and 07 is that EVERYONE (down to Olindo Mare) looks like this super huge steroid using super muscle freak.

Looks good.

Motion
04-18-2007, 11:33 AM
it's good to see that Vince looks human. One major complaint of Madden 06 and 07 is that EVERYONE (down to Olindo Mare) looks like this super huge steroid using super muscle freak.

Looks good.

:yeahthat:

I agree, everyone had huge bulky shoulder pads too.

Brown42000
04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
If they can make the gameplay as good for next gen as it is for current gen I may buy a 360 or PS3 because I can't see buying a console because of graphics if the games I play don't have that great of gameplay.

Sethdaddy8
04-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I just hope you can sub packages,and not just on the depth chart, that was lame.

Sethdaddy8
04-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Too each their own. If you put that much value in those "coveted" awards. He only made the Pro Bowl due to injuries and didn't deserve the ROY IMO. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, its cool, I wouldn't waste your time trying to convince others though.

true...and I'm not about to. There's a lot of bright opinions on this site, and that's why I like it...whether I agree with them all or not.

I respect the awards. I was really happy for JT when he won Defensive honors. To each thier own.

Medieval954
04-18-2007, 10:10 PM

Looks good.

Agree 100%