PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect Ted Ginn Jr Video

mariocarciero
04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
No one can complain if we draft him.

For those who havent seen it yet.

We need a playmaker BADLY!!!!!!!

He is like Deion Sanders but on the offensive side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

ENJOY!!!

12MaN
04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Enough with T.Ginn JR. he will not I repeat he will not be a Dolphin.

YetanotherFan
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Says who?

HybridPHIN 23
04-17-2007, 10:08 AM
yeah i watch that video often......... love the song too

say what you want... he's one of our most likely options in round 1 whether we stay at 9 or trade down.
We've had our eyes on him, he's projected in the 7-25 range and we'll definitley be picking somewhere inbetween.
Mueller loves speed.... his first ever draft pick was Joey Galloway at #8, a speedy, small WR from Ohio State( who was a fav of mine when i was a youngin, with my trading cards!) That worked out very well for him
Joey had 4000+ rec. yards/ 36 TDs / and 4 punt ret. TDs after just 4 Seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason8er
04-17-2007, 10:31 AM

For those who havent seen it yet.

We need a playmaker BADLY!!!!!!!

He is like Deion Sanders but on the offensive side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

ENJOY!!!
I posted this already, but I can't say it enough. Ted Ginn is actually a very good DB. So while he works his way into the starting line up as a WR, he could very well be our best nickle or dime CB, while also being a sick return man, and seeing time as our #3 or #4 WR. This kid makes more of an impact for us than any other prospect that would be available at our pick. He is without question in my mind, the BPA.

PhinstiGator
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM

That first play on the highlight reel is really indicative of the type of player he is...

It's just a simple 7 yard comeback route on the outside...but the corner makes a break on it. Ginn gets his body in position to fight for the pass. Ginn gets his hands on the pass and the corner wiffs and falls to the ground.

The pass is tapped up in the air and then he follows through and makes the grab. He then shakes 4 tacklers before turning on the burners and outrunning the rest of the defenders.

It's an incredible play that he fights for and takes to the house. I certainly wouldn't complain to get that type of talent on the outside.

mariocarciero
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I posted this already, but I can't say it enough. Ted Ginn is actually a very good DB. So while he works his way into the starting line up as a WR, he could very well be our best nickle or dime CB, while also being a sick return man, and seeing time as our #3 or #4 WR. This kid makes more of an impact for us than any other prospect that would be available at our pick. He is without question in my mind, the BPA.

He could very well be our best nickle or dime CB??

Am i missing something??

HybridPHIN 23
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Am i missing something??
apparently.... Ginn is raw as a WR because he is a former QB/DB.....
I believe he started off as a CB for the buckeyes..... he can cover... he's got insane speed to re-cover from any mistakes... and he can catch.... He'd easily make for a solid CB just like Deion easily played WR.

mariocarciero
04-17-2007, 10:51 AM
apparently.... Ginn is raw as a WR because he is a former QB/DB.....
I believe he started off as a CB for the buckeyes..... he can cover... he's got insane speed to re-cover from any mistakes... and he can catch.... He'd easily make for a solid CB just like Deion easily played WR.

I see!! This guy is the total package.. I dont see how we could pass up on him at number 9.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Anyone who thinks Ginn is going to serve as a backup CB...please get a grip on reality.

HybridPHIN 23
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I see!! This guy is the total package.. I dont see how we could pass up on him at number 9.
yup not only does he have world class speed, he's a football player. Period.
At first, (being that i'm not a college fan) i thought Ginn was just a track star who could score points in college football. That's not true as i've now even seen the guy Catch, run, and throw for Tds like a madman.

Anyone who thinks Ginn is going to serve as a backup CB...please get a grip on reality.

lol if you read the thread you'll see we're only saying that it's possible .... we said nothing about him merely serving as a backup CB.....:sidelol: I have a "kung-Fu grip" on reality, brother !!!!:D

PhinstiGator
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Yea, who do we think he is...Troy Brown?

jason8er
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
That first play on the highlight reel is really indicative of the type of player he is...

It's just a simple 7 yard comeback route on the outside...but the corner makes a break on it. Ginn gets his body in position to fight for the pass. Ginn gets his hands on the pass and the corner wiffs and falls to the ground.

The pass is tapped up in the air and then he follows through and makes the grab. He then shakes 4 tacklers before turning on the burners and outrunning the rest of the defenders.

It's an incredible play that he fights for and takes to the house. I certainly wouldn't complain to get that type of talent on the outside.
I know what you mean. Watching that video, it's not even the touchdowns that he's scoring that is exciting. It's his moves, vision, and ridiculous athletic ability that gets you.

My favorite was around the 4:34 mark during the return against Indiana. He's running left laterally and almost comes to a complete stop at the 25. Two defenders running full tilt at him from behind meet him but still can't get him, because he turns right and goes downfield with some of the most obscene acceleration I've ever seen. Can't remember ever seeing anything like that before.

I've been watching this video for sometime now, and Spiderbait's "Black Betty" is now my 5 year old son's favorite song. :lol:

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
yup not only does he have world class speed, he's a football player. Period.
At first, (being that i'm not a college fan) i thought Ginn was just a track star who could score points in college football. That's not true as i've now even seen the guy Catch, run, and throw for Tds like a madman.

lol if you read the thread you'll see we're only saying that it's possible .... we said nothing about him merely serving as a backup CB.....:sidelol: I have a "kung-Fu grip" on reality, brother !!!!:D

.... He'd easily make for a solid CB

Interesting interpretation on your part. You sounded pretty confident in the previous statement.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Yea, who do we think he is...Troy Brown?

Troy Brown he is not. Brown is the one guy I can think of since I have watched NFL football who effectively made the transition back and forth (although I am sure there have been a few others over the years). Thinking Ginn will be one of these elite few who can play both positions at the NFL level is a pretty big reach.

Wolf13
04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Ginn was recruited by Ohio state as a CB and made the switch to WR during his Freshman year where he primarily played as a returner. The fact that he "technically" has only played 2 full seasons of Reciever should show how much potential that he has, which could also show he may (if need be) be able to help out in the secondary

His size isn't horrible either, a certian number 88 for Indy is same Height/weight, from what I remember about THAT guy, he does a pretty good job each year

During the all american high school game he picked off a pass, ran it back for a TD (which he then removed his helmet and donned an OSU cap showing his place of commitment)

As much as I despise OSU, I have to admit that Ginn does have a huge amount of potential...

dan the fin
04-17-2007, 12:09 PM

Ok why don't u check ur reality, cause Ginn has said that if a team wanted to he would be more then happy to play CB again. Ginn is a great kid that will do what it takes to win. You do know that Ginn was the an USA today defensive player of the year in High school and the clear cut #1 recruit coming into college. He also started out at CB at OSU. The only reason they switched him was cause he was so dangerous with the ball they wanted him on OFF. So do I have a gip on reality, cause I think the facts go against u on this one budy.

VT Dolphan
04-17-2007, 12:34 PM
At first I was very leery about us drafting Ginn, but at this point I really don't care. I am becoming less and less enthused about the prospects who will likely be there for us at nine. I've realized that if we don't walk away with Quinn, I will likely be dissapointed with our draft.

With that said, there is little doubt that Ginn is the best home-run threat in this draft. There is even less doubt that our offense has been missing a home-run threat for as long as I've been a fan. I've been willing to look away from his obvious shortcomings (unpolished routes, slender frame, not quite ideal hands) and focused more on what he can do to stretch our offense vertically. At first I really focused on the fact that a lot of those highlights were against low-level competetion (Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois) and wouldn't work in the pros, but at this point I really don't care. Give me the deep threat we've been missing for so long.

dan the fin
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
At first I was very leery about us drafting Ginn, but at this point I really don't care. I am becoming less and less enthused about the prospects who will likely be there for us at nine. I've realized that if we don't walk away with Quinn, I will likely be dissapointed with our draft.

With that said, there is little doubt that Ginn is the best home-run threat in this draft. There is even less doubt that our offense has been missing a home-run threat for as long as I've been a fan. I've been willing to look away from his obvious shortcomings (unpolished routes, slender frame, not quite ideal hands) and focused more on what he can do to stretch our offense vertically. At first I really focused on the fact that a lot of those highlights were against low-level competetion (Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois) and wouldn't work in the pros, but at this point I really don't care. Give me the deep threat we've been missing for so long.

Well that highlight real was also made from his soph year also, so just to have that many plays like that in that short of time is amazing. I think the biggest thing with Ginn will be you have to have a coach that will use him right. He is unpolished as WR but u need to find ways to get the ball in his hands at times. Which I think CC is very good at not useing a set System and good at coaching to his players talents. At Indiana he turned Randle El into one of the most dangerous college players in the country. If u get the ball in Ginns hads enough he will make plays, end arounds, quikslants, WR screens, stuff like this. Plus teams have to account for his speed which opens up the field for other plays. Really when was the last time we saw a Mia WR chatch a quik slant and take it to the house, yet I see it with other teams.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Ok why don't u check ur reality, cause Ginn has said that if a team wanted to he would be more then happy to play CB again. Ginn is a great kid that will do what it takes to win. You do know that Ginn was the an USA today defensive player of the year in High school and the clear cut #1 recruit coming into college. He also started out at CB at OSU. The only reason they switched him was cause he was so dangerous with the ball they wanted him on OFF. So do I have a gip on reality, cause I think the facts go against u on this one budy.

He said he would be willing to play CB? Gee, that sounds nice and everything, but unfortunately it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he would be effective at the position.

Yes, I'm well aware he is a former CB. Anquan Boldin is a former QB...All-State selection his senior year in fact. I suppose when he came out in the draft a few years back, you would have said he could have been a team's backup QB as well?

dan the fin
04-17-2007, 01:32 PM
He said he would be willing to play CB? Gee, that sounds nice and everything, but unfortunately it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he would be effective at the position.

Yes, I'm well aware he is a former CB. Anquan Boldin is a former QB...All-State selection his senior year in fact. I suppose when he came out in the draft a few years back, you would have said he could have been a team's backup QB as well?

Ok that is just a stupid why to compare this, QB is a totally different thing. Ginn played CB in college and was good at it as a true FR. And he has the pure athlitic ability to play both positions. While Boldin does not have the attributes of a NFL QB. No one said he would be a star CB right now but in a jam he could be very effective compared to most. Trust me if Ginn played CB the whole time at OSU he would be a top 10 pick at QB also, cause there are few CB's in this draft that has his athletic abillity. And an All-state QB that was not even a top rated QB going into college is a far cry from the #1 rated recruit at CB. Why don't you try and find a real comparision, that matches positions. Like maybe a Brown who is not even close to the talent that Ginn has, or maybe Woodson and I love Mich and hate OSU and I will admitt that Ginn has more raw talent.

Pompy
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't mind having Ginn on our team but not at #9.... Way to high... If we can somehow trade with New England for their two first round pics and pick up Olsen and Ginn I would be very happy... But if we reach for our first round pic it will hurt us for many years down the line.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok that is just a stupid why to compare this, QB is a totally different thing. Ginn played CB in college and was good at it as a true FR. And he has the pure athlitic ability to play both positions. While Boldin does not have the attributes of a NFL QB. No one said he would be a star CB right now but in a jam he could be very effective compared to most. Trust me if Ginn played CB the whole time at OSU he would be a top 10 pick at QB also, cause there are few CB's in this draft that has his athletic abillity. And an All-state QB that was not even a top rated QB going into college is a far cry from the #1 rated recruit at CB. Why don't you try and find a real comparision, that matches positions. Like maybe a Brown who is not even close to the talent that Ginn has, or maybe Woodson and I love Mich and hate OSU and I will admitt that Ginn has more raw talent.

Well there is certainly no denying Ginn's raw talent. I agree with you on that. I just find that argument that he could be a solid CB to be a little tiresome. Yeah, it's a cute story that he played there in high school and said he would be willing to play there in the NFL, etc.

But Ginn is a raw receiver and it will take him time to learn that postition alone. CB is one of the toughest positions for experienced players to adjust to in the NFL, so to think Ginn could master both positions is a bit idealistic. Anyways, that's my take on the whole thing. I'm not hating on Ginn's talent, just hating on the CB argument.

HybridPHIN 23
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Interesting interpretation on your part. You sounded pretty confident in the previous statement.

Your really trying to twist my words now..... why ??
I agreed that he could make for a solid CB and for some reason you have to blow it all out of proportion.

I said its possible..... your implying that we think Ginn could be at Dime CB INSTEAD of a Gamebreaking WR??.... no one is trying to take the ball out of his hands !! We're only talking about where he could contribute...Don't assume i want him to play CB just because i think he could. Reading comprehension.... it's a neccessity.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Your really trying to twist my words now..... why ??
I agreed that he could make for a solid CB and for some reason you have to blow it all out of proportion.

I said its possible..... your implying that we think Ginn could be at Dime CB INSTEAD of a Gamebreaking WR??.... no one is trying to take the ball out of his hands !! We're only talking about where he could contribute... Reading comprehension.... it's a neccessity.

I comprehended "He'd easily make a solid CB" as..."He'd easily make a solid CB." I think it's a pretty ridiculous statement. He hasn't played the position since high school (or perhaps minimally his freshman year), so to think that he could easily do it now in the NFL is laughable.

Apparently we disagree on this point, that's fine. But I'm not twisting your words at all. They were foolish enough to begin with.

dan the fin
04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Well there is certainly no denying Ginn's raw talent. I agree with you on that. I just find that argument that he could be a solid CB to be a little tiresome. Yeah, it's a cute story that he played there in high school and said he would be willing to play there in the NFL, etc.

But Ginn is a raw receiver and it will take him time to learn that postition alone. CB is one of the toughest positions for experienced players to adjust to in the NFL, so to think Ginn could master both positions is a bit idealistic. Anyways, that's my take on the whole thing. I'm not hating on Ginn's talent, just hating on the CB argument.

Oh I totally agree I was saying more of he could play there in a jam or if you totally committed him to CB but that would take a few years to learn. He is raw that is for sure. I also agree that at 9 it may be a reach but at least he as the ability to become a special player. I also think that if use right though he can make an imidate impact. Now at WR i would not expect a 60 catch or somthing like that right away. But he will help on special teams and as someone who can help open up the field on Off. I also believe CC would find ways to get him the ball so he can make plays. So basically to me I think his upside may be worth the risk at 9. While I don't want a guy Like Levi Brown there because I don't think he has the upside to be a top 5 LT maybe a good one but not great. And to me if u pick in the top 10 they should at least have that kind of upside, and I know that must won't reach it.

miamiron
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Am i missing something??

You sure are missing something...let me elaborate

How many times did Ginn score a TD in the red zone in all 37 games he played at Ohio???

Better yet How many times was he THROWN to in those 37 games or 3 years
while in the red zone??? RED FLAG...RED FLAG...RED FLAG...

Ginn was thrown to 6 times in the 37 games while his team was in the red zone. I REPEAT THROWN TO 6 TIMES IN 37 GAMES...Why?? Why??

Maybe because he can't run routes in the confined red zone
Maybe because he can't get open in the confined red zone

Either way we have problems because one of this teams problems is the lack of production out of our wideouts in the red zone.
Do we want to add another wideout that will only add to the problem
and not be apart of the solution??

We all know Ginn runs fast and looks good doing it(until last week)
We all know people want that glamorous pick,that exciting player but please
dig a little deeper and realize is he really what we need and are you willing to pay the price??