PDA

View Full Version : Bucs will take Quinn

Hipster
04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
According to Kirwan

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10131489

check out the last paragraph

Kirwan seems pretty reliable with his analysis and sources. Not 100%, but overall better than most.

Enforcerfin33
04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
If they take Quinn over Johnson, they're stupid. They have 3 QB's on the roster already granted none of them are top tier.

Crowder52
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
"By the way, the Bucs told me they will take Quinn if he happens to falls to them. The three teams at the top of this year's draft have collectively passed on 15 opportunities to take quarterbacks -- currently starters -- and two of these teams have got to get it right this time around."

Isn't that exactly what the Bucs would want people to think? If Calvin Johnson is gone, Tampa will be looking to trade down. This looks to me like a smoke screen to raise the potential price they can charge for someone who wants to move up and get Quinn.

If they really did want Quinn, they certainly wouldn't announce it to the world less than 2 weeks before the draft.

Captain Lou
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
If they take Quinn over Johnson, they're stupid. They have 3 QB's on the roster already granted none of them are top tier.

I think we need to consult an expert. Ohiobryan what your take on this ?

Vertical Limit
04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
QUINN OR BUST! :rolleyes2

ChambersWI
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I am pretty confident they will not take Quinn. They're committed to getting CJ, and if they don't look for them to go after Okoye.

TotoreMexico
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM

:lol:

ckparrothead
04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Isn't that exactly what the Bucs would want people to think?

Exactly. This is just misdirection. Perfect example of what kind of information NOT to trust about 2 weeks before the draft.

dlockz
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Don't think its exactly out of the realm that the Bucs would take an elite Qb prospect since none of the Qb's on thier roster seem to have been all that.

HenneGivenSunday
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
"By the way, the Bucs told me they will take Quinn if he happens to falls to them. The three teams at the top of this year's draft have collectively passed on 15 opportunities to take quarterbacks -- currently starters -- and two of these teams have got to get it right this time around."

Isn't that exactly what the Bucs would want people to think? If Calvin Johnson is gone, Tampa will be looking to trade down. This looks to me like a smoke screen to raise the potential price they can charge for someone who wants to move up and get Quinn.

If they really did want Quinn, they certainly wouldn't announce it to the world less than 2 weeks before the draft.

BINGO

Mr772
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't think its exactly out of the realm that the Bucs would take an elite Qb prospect since none of the Qb's on thier roster seem to have been all that.

Its hard to say anything for sure but with 2 of the 3 QB's on their roster being very good qb's I doubt they would pick a QB.

NYinBostonFin
04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
No they won't.

Regina Phin
04-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I think if Johnson is gone and Quinn passes Cleveland, #4 is a prime trade up spot for Miami to get Quinn. The pressure would likely be on Tampa to make a good choice, but they don't really need a QB, and trading down could net them a good alotment of picks.

I don't know that I'd want Miami to trade up that high, but I'd bet that if Johnson is gone by the time that Tampa picks, they'll be looking to get out of that spot as quick as possible.

Captain Lou
04-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Its hard to say anything for sure but with 2 of the 3 QB's on their roster being very good qb's I doubt they would pick a QB.

You got to be joking ! I'm confused are you saying Simms is very good. You guys aren't being honest with the situation. If Quinn is every bit as good as you think why would Tampa pass on him ?

Fingers
04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I smell smoke...as in smokescreen. Don't believe it for one second. Gruden has had two developmental QBs already and they haven't produced fast enough for him. Therefore, he is looking for immediate impact players. He wants Johnson and no one else.

Enforcerfin33
04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
You got to be joking ! I'm confused are you saying Simms is very good. You guys aren't being honest with the situation. If Quinn is every bit as good as you think why would Tampa pass on him ?
why would they draft a qb?? they just brought in Garcia, they tried to bring in Plummer, and then they still have Gradkowski, and Simms, how many qb's does one team need? And dont look for them to trade any of them, none of them have any value.

Captain Lou
04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
why would they draft a qb?? they just brought in Garcia, they tried to bring in Plummer, and then they still have Gradkowski, and Simms, how many qb's does one team need? And dont look for them to trade any of them, none of them have any value.

Garcia is 37 years old !!! They were forced to play Gradkowski last year. Simms isn't the answer. Ask yourself would want any of these Qbs on our roster ?

Enforcerfin33
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Garcia is 37 years old !!! They were forced to play Gradkowski last year. Simms isn't the answer. Ask yourself would want any of these Qbs on our roster ?
ok..your missing my point, your right they all suck I agree,,,no one forced them to sign Garcia.....it was their choice. And they are going out and getting FA'a that can make an impact now, I dont see them going for a project player, they want someone who can come in and make an impact now, Chuckie's job depends on it.

miamiron
04-17-2007, 03:16 PM

He's not available he is calling every radio station in the USA
saying we should trade our number 1 this and next year for Quinn.

Rumor has it that the Dolphins will be hiring Bryan to take over our draft
and have total conrol on who and when we pick.:D

BlueFin
04-17-2007, 03:26 PM

It may not be out of the realm, but its doubtful, and I'm sure no one is telling Kirwan their intentions at this point.

Gruden is on a shorter leash than many realize, he needs a good season or he could be in trouble, hence all the Vet QB's, I don't see him making the long term investment in a QB. Remember, with Simms down last year, Gruden had to suffer thru a rookie starting much of last year, doubt he'll do it again.

Tampa has far to many needs.

Enforcerfin33
04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
He's not available he is calling every radio station in the USA
saying we should trade our number 1 this and next year for Quinn.

Rumor has it that the Dolphins will be hiring Bryan to take over our draft
and have total conrol on who and when we pick.:D
now thats the best thing I've heard all day:lol:

ohiobryan
04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
simms gradkowski garcia plummer who claims he is done...but im not buying it...neither do i buy the bucs taking the next fin mr.quinn!

josh1oblue
04-17-2007, 04:41 PM

exept the fact they still have Chris Simms and Gruden loves Simms so i think that they will take Calvin because they dont have any good WR s right now