PDA

View Full Version : Kiper has Olsen at 11

Calgaryfin
04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Olsen is the guy I want. Premium tight end like Gates will open this offense up. McMike looked like he was trying to catch wet fish last year.

Rocky Raccoon
04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Zach Miller is a better all around TE and he fits better in our offense. Plus we can get him in the 2nd round.

Celtkin
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
IMO, Olsen has a way to go to be a 1st round TE. He did well enough in post season to draw some interest but didn't distinguish himself as a college player last year.

Don't get me wrong...he showed flashes of brilliance but lacked the polish of a 4 year player. I think he would have been better off to have stayed another year at the U to see what he could do in Shannon's system.

At this point, the only declared player from the U that I am eager to see in Aqua and Orange is Merriweather.

kpcane
04-17-2007, 02:36 PM
IMO, Olsen has a way to go to be a 1st round TE. He did well enough in post season to draw some interest but didn't distinguish himself as a college player last year.

Don't get me wrong...he showed flashes of brilliance but lacked the polish of a 4 year player. I think he would have been better off to have stayed another year at the U to see what he could do in Shannon's system.

At this point, the only declared player from the U that I am eager to see in Aqua and Orange is Merriweather.

amen, amen, amen

dolpns13
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM

McMike showed flashed of brilliance for 4 seasons

Calgaryfin
04-17-2007, 02:43 PM
McMike showed flashed of brilliance for 4 seasons So did Ray Lucas.

I still like Olsen and so do a lot of mock drafts but I'll defer to Boomer if he is around.

Celtkin
04-17-2007, 02:50 PM
McMike showed flashed of brilliance for 4 seasons

He sure did. There is no dispute there ;) I was talking about Olsen though and his performance at the U.

dolpns13
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
So did Ray Lucas.

I still like Olsen and so do a lot of mock drafts but I'll defer to Boomer if he is around.

Out of people we drafted. Im just saying we shouldnt throw a 1st rounder on a TE unless its a shannon Sharpe, Shockey, Davis, type player. I dont think Olsen fits that profile

miamiron
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Out of people we drafted. Im just saying we shouldnt throw a 1st rounder on a TE unless its a shannon Sharpe, Shockey, Davis, type player. I dont think Olsen fits that profile

I have to agree with you on this one

Afirst rounder for Olsen...maybe towards the upper 20s but not where we are going to pick

BleeK3499
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
You people must be crazy, Olsen is going to be a star TE, fast, good size and with his speed can even be a used as a slot WR. Come on guys we have drafted way worse that people thought would be good. I say we draft down to maybe 11 or 12 and take a chance at him. And I think everyone shows signs of brilliance every once in a while. But just showing signs isn't good enough, its either your cut out for this league or your not. McMike is definitely not cut out to be a top TE, with Olsen we just have to wait and see.