PDA

View Full Version : Quinn to Oakland?

J Tes
04-17-2007, 06:08 PM
An NFL source tells Raiders beat writer Jerry McNamara that coach Lane Kiffin is in favor of drafting Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn with the No. 1 pick.

The consensus top prospect in the draft before being outplayed by JaMarcus Russell in the Sugar Bowl and Calvin Johnson's decision to leave school early, Quinn visited with the Raiders on Tuesday. Quinn would seem a better fit for coordinator Greg Knapp's West Coast offense than Russell.

Doubt it happens but Quinn ending up in Miami isn't sounding very likely.

PhinGeneral
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
They'll pick whoever Al Davis tells them to pick.

nyital571
04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
haha PhinGeneral you are correct.

23_Phins_84
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope they take quinn. That way he isnt in the aqua and orange

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
All i care about right now is not giving away duante culpepper.

TRUEPHIN
04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
They'll pick whoever Al Davis tells them to pick.

:yeahthat:

FinAtic8480
04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Bye Bye Brady Quinn.

phinphanforever
04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Never thought I would say it but: Al Davis to the rescue!

JGray20
04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I hate to say this, but we will not get Quinn. He will be gone too soon and the front office has proven to be patient. We will also not have Trent Green to the new high demands.

utahphinsfan
04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Quinn visited with the Raiders on Tuesday. Quinn would seem a better fit for coordinator Greg Knapp's West Coast offense than Russell.

I have said all along that Quinn's success in the NFL depends on the system he is in.... the hybrid Trojan/WC/Vertical passing gamethat Crazy Al would prefer is ideal IMO.

GRYPHONK
04-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I guarantee you Davis would reunite Culpepper and Moss before he would draft Quinn.

Unless TB trades up Oakland will draft Johnson and then go for Edwards or another QB in the 2nd.

GRYPHONK
04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I have said all along that Quinn's success in the NFL depends on the system he is in.... the hybrid Trojan/WC/Vertical passing gamethat Crazy Al would prefer is ideal IMO.

Does Al Davis favor a offense that the Patriots used? I didn't think so.

Russel would favor Davis's ideal more then Quinn

#1dolphinsfan
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
They are not going to pick Quinn they want russell

Spinelord
04-17-2007, 08:44 PM
We need to build from the ground up starting with the O-line. Anybody notice the new guard and center for the Jets? Mangini knows what's up. QB is useless without a line. Best to spend the $$$ on Green, hopefully short term, so he can help Cam install the offense and teach a young Passer the "thinking man's game."

JGray20
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
If they do not pick Russell, it will be JOHNSON. Beside that, Quinn will be gone early.

FinAtic8480
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Raiders | Quinn visits team
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:33:48 -0700
Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports an Oakland Raiders team official confirmed that Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn (http://www.kffl.com/player/13456/nfl) visited the Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl) Tuesday, April 17.

utahphinsfan
04-17-2007, 09:11 PM

Does Al Davis favor a offense that the Patriots used? I didn't think so.

Russel would favor Davis's ideal more then Quinn

How do they 2 relate/compare? Further, no need to get upset @ my theory.

aquaman
04-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope they take quinn. That way he isnt in the aqua and orange

no offense my man but your not exactly a great judge of talent... your worshiping Travis Daniels of all players(he isnt exactly someone who I'd spend my jersey money on)and saying you hope Miami doesnt draft Quinn? I am not a big fan of the guy but judging from our current QB situation Ive changed my tune and am all for him to be honest.

maverick50
04-17-2007, 09:45 PM
then if we cant have quinn then i surre as hell want qb kolb and i would actually go for getting a ot , c, then qb and then get the best wr that we can then get another olineman and a rb and te . i hereby insist on it.:ninja:

salmael
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM

I think the point he was making is that Al Davis is known to be partial to a Big Gun QB utilized in a more vertical offense, which is not the type of system that Weis brought from the Patriots to Notre Dame.

Couple this with the fact that Russel is said to have the best arm many scouts have seen in years if not ever and it would seem that Al Davis would favor Russel over Quinn if he was going take a QB that high in the draft.

Irish Phin Fan
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Whatever happens, happens.

GRYPHONK
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM

I didn't get upset with your theory. I asked a question that relates to Quinn. Davis's system he prefers is different than that in NE that Weiss used in college with Quinn to my knowledge.

I then made a statement that I didn't think Davis prefers a NE style offense, which Quinn ran with Weiss in ND.

I then went on to say that Russel fits better into a Davis like system.

GRYPHONK
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
I think the point he was making is that Al Davis is known to be partial to a Big Gun QB utilized in a more vertical offense, which is not the type of system that Weis brought from the Patriots to Notre Dame.

Couple this with the fact that Russel is said to have the best arm many scouts have seen in years if not ever and it would seem that Al Davis would favor Russel over Quinn if he was going take a QB that high in the draft.

Exactly, Davis prefers big gun guys

I think he took it the wrong way because I said "I didn't think so" I think he took that as me being rude. But it was me just making a statement that I didn't think Davis preferred it.

I think the poster just misunderstood my intent on the post.