PDA

View Full Version : New Rainbow 6: Vegas Maps & Gametypes Available Today

StormSurge
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Finally!!!

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/04/18/rainbow-6-players-pack-red-edition-dlc.aspx

mor911
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
i saw it... not sure i wanna pay for multiplayer content... Does it seem worth it?

StormSurge
04-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I'll find out later. (I have my free points from the Old Spice Challenge that will help.) From reading a few of the comments, most users think the price point is perfect considering some other XBLA prices.

SirDrums
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
gaming on consoles is getting exspensive.
Game costs 60+ bucks
Internet connection cost 60+ bucks a month
Then you have to pay for any extra content.
I wish they would treat it like a PC game and outside of expansions, all extra content is free.

Phin-o-rama
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
yeah, seriously my one SERIOUS gripe with M$ is they nickle and dime you to death....i know gaming is an expensive hobby...you gotta pay if you wanna play.....

with PC's you always knew it could be pricey keeping your machine up to snuff, but consoles were always rather cheap....now its like they leave **** out of it so they can get 10 more bucks outta you or w/e...i've bought many arcade games that i played once...and i feel suckered afterwards. I need to control my impulse buying!

UltraDol-Fan
04-18-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm still debating whether or not to pick this up. $10 seems a lot, but you do get 5 maps and 2 gametypes... If this had come out 2 months ago I would have bought it no question. I'm just worried I won't ever play them if I buy them since I just got Halo 2 maps, the Beta comes out next month, and then hopefully Halo 3 will be out soon.

FinsNCanes
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
yeah, seriously my one SERIOUS gripe with M$ is they nickle and dime you to death....i know gaming is an expensive hobby...you gotta pay if you wanna play.....

with PC's you always knew it could be pricey keeping your machine up to snuff, but consoles were always rather cheap....now its like they leave **** out of it so they can get 10 more bucks outta you or w/e...i've bought many arcade games that i played once...and i feel suckered afterwards. I need to control my impulse buying!

Maybe now you can see the ps3 cost and free online isn't too shabby..:cooldude:

(not to mention Bluray)

mor911
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Maybe now you can see the ps3 cost and free online isn't too shabby..:cooldude:

(not to mention Bluray)Xbox live is worth every red cent. THESE patcular maps may not be, but that's Ubisoft's call. Companies have given free maps and packs to gamers via XBL before (hell, halo2 a few days ago). This isn't a Microsoft thing (at least I don't think).

Phin-o-rama
04-18-2007, 11:06 PM
if any of you don't think that sony is sitting back and watching as the microtransaction system is going on you are crazy, they will do the same thing....nintendo too....xbox live is like 3.50 a month....and yes it IS worth every red cent...no doubt...

Predaphin
04-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm a huge RB6 fan....I will be purchasing this tonight if possible.

americanmoose84
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm a huge RB6 fan....I will be purchasing this tonight if possible.
The new maps are really fun to play on. They re-arranged Kill House and Border Town, Plus they added I think three other new ones. Kill House is ALOT better now. I dont like the new Border Town way to small, then again I didnt like the original either. They have a new one in a train yard...that map is huge. Almost to big for anything other then 6v6 or 7v7. The other really fun new map is Doscalla Restaurant. Lots of places to hide and lots of places for gun battles.

I am not such a huge fan for the new game types though. I personally like Team Sharpshooter. You also seem to get alot less points then you do if you play the other game types.

Slappy8800
04-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Assasination mode is awesome....new maps kick major arse