PDA

View Full Version : Told You So Long Ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG_FISH_RI
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I am so glan that all analys are NOW starting to report the truth about Quinn. He is overrated and I told you guys this so long ago. trust me we don't need this guy. He will be a good qb, don't get me wrong but he is NOT I repeat for the guzillionth time NOT a franchise QB.

I hate to say it. our best bet is to sign green (I hate this idea) and cut C Pep becasue it is clear that he is not going to be ready to start the season. (I'm being a realist right now becasue I am a C-Pep supporter) we can either trade down if at all possible or draft Brown or Landry @9.

Round 2 we can pick up the best QB on the board and 3 to the end address OL and young talent @ DL and LB.

Get ready for a long season. Green is not that great of a deal. He has the candle effect big time (one blow and out). While it was good to get Porter Cam and Mueller really screwed up this off season. we had the chance to sign a few decent WR and got 0. we had the chance to sign a good qb in Carr and never made a run. That will come to bite us in the end. I promise you it will. Carr is a good QB he is not like Harrington (where if you look back to my post last year I TOLD YOU SO that he was garbage) Wow we are screwed big. you wait and see. If Mueller holds something against Ricky (I'm not saying that he does or am I trying to start a rumor I'm just saying if) and trade him we are double screwed. We then have no I repeat no big threat on offense. everyone on our offense is just good. now 1 Probowler not even 1 player that we can argue a probowl for.

sorry to ramble on - I just wanted to get somethigns in the open.

feelthepain
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Overrated??? He hasn't even been drafted yet.

tmny99
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I am so glan that all analys are NOW starting to report the truth about Quinn. He is overrated and I told you guys this so long ago. trust me we don't need this guy. He will be a good qb, don't get me wrong but he is NOT I repeat for the guzillionth time NOT a franchise QB.

I hate to say it. our best bet is to sign green (I hate this idea) and cut C Pep becasue it is clear that he is not going to be ready to start the season. (I'm being a realist right now becasue I am a C-Pep supporter) we can either trade down if at all possible or draft Brown or Landry @9.

Round 2 we can pick up the best QB on the board and 3 to the end address OL and young talent @ DL and LB.

Get ready for a long season. Green is not that great of a deal. He has the candle effect big time (one blow and out). While it was good to get Porter Cam and Mueller really screwed up this off season. we had the chance to sign a few decent WR and got 0. we had the chance to sign a good qb in Carr and never made a run. That will come to bite us in the end. I promise you it will. Carr is a good QB he is not like Harrington (where if you look back to my post last year I TOLD YOU SO that he was garbage) Wow we are screwed big. you wait and see. If Mueller holds something against Ricky (I'm not saying that he does or am I trying to start a rumor I'm just saying if) and trade him we are double screwed. We then have no I repeat no big threat on offense. everyone on our offense is just good. now 1 Probowler not even 1 player that we can argue a probowl for.

What's this truth about Quinn that the analysts are now starting to report? What that he's a system QB that never won a big game? That is pure garbage. The opposing offenses avg roughly 44 points per in those "big games." It's too bad Quinn couldn't line up on defense to help them out. I don't know what type of NFL QB he will be, but if he's on the board at 9, Cam Cameron will cream in his pants.

Next, I highly doubt that Landry will be on the board at nine. The Patriots are trying to get Washington's #6 pick so that they can get, but I expect the Falcons to take him either way. Levi Brown might be a possibility, but I'm not completely sold on him.

Now as far as Mueller trading Ricky...let's think about that. What trade value does Ricky-one strike away from a life time ban-Williams have? Absolutely none. He's still very fresh from not having been pounded the last few years, and we're paying him the vet minimum. I think it's safe to say that Ricky will be on the team this year JMO.

Rhody Phins Fan
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
This post gives people from Rhode Island a bad name. Analysts have been splie on Brady Quinn all off season so I'm not sure what the point of this post coming out right now is.

fish fan 4 life
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Im not really a Quinn fan and i really dont think he will be there at #9 anyway.

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Overratted? He everyone said he was dropping, and now he most likely will be gone before we get him.

Gm's and coaches have been raving about his work outs.

But I guess you know better!:err:

Plus how do you call a guy overrated who hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet??

FinFan84
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, since your so good at seeing the future, can I get the mega-million numbers?

SpurzN703
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Just some bafoon's rambling on about God knows what. The beat goes on

Da Mick
04-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I guess we should call Cam/Ran and tell them to take the 28th off. I, for one, will not forget what and when you told us.

dolpns13
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM

what are you talking about...Half the analysts have been saying from day one that Quinn will be abust and half say that he wont be a bust. Its all speculation. Personally, I think he will be a good to great qb. You arent just mediocre when you throw 37 TD's and 7 int's...Look at leaf, everyone said he was going to be a superbowl QB...

The fact is noone knows and the fact that you telling us "you told us so" holds no water whatsoever because you agree with 50% of the analysts and disagree with 50% of the analysts. And Landry in the 1st would be a horrible decision seeing that we need oline 100% more than we need a safety

BIG_FISH_RI
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Just to justify me comment. Quinn is not better then any of the QB's from last year. He is gonna get picked high only becasue of the lack of Qb talent in this draft. he has reached his max potential. there is nothing special about him. He will be a good Qb YES. NOT A FRANCHISE QB (read the post)

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Just to justify me comment. Quinn is not better then any of the QB's from last year. He is gonna get picked high only becasue of the lack of Qb talent in this draft. he has reached his max potential. there is nothing special about him. He will be a good Qb YES. NOT A FRANCHISE QB (read the post)

1. Cutler
2. Quinn
3. Leinert
52. Young

dolpns13
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Just some bafoon's rambling on about God knows what. The beat goes on

Your right about that...34 posts and this is the best he can come up with...News that has been beaten and discussed just like the daunte/green discussions...

except with his post he is about 4 months too late..next topic anyone?

LarryFinFan
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Hey, Big Fish...Far as I know, I've only seen one article on Quinn that rates him less than franchise...where is all this evidence you are talking about ?? There is still a preponderance of evidence out there that says he'll not only be a franchise QB, but may be gone by the 3rd pick in the draft. That certainly doesn't mean he's a lock to be a franchise guy, we've all seen the Tim Couches and Ryan Leafs in the draft, but there's some credence to him being able to develop into a top flite QB also.

Carr is not a good fit for this offense. First, he is another Tedford QB that has been in a variation of the WCO and was mediocre. Moving Carr to a Cam's offense is not a very good idea. WCO QBs do not convert to our style of offense very well. That is one of the reasons that Joey did so poorly here, Garcia did so poorly in Cleveland, etc. I would say that Carr is better than Joey, but he's also not going to be our Brees/Rivers either...

I agree mostly with you on Green. This is why I'd be against anything other than a 6-7 round pick for him. He might represent our best option at QB, but it's not really the 'fault' of Cam-Mul...our QB problems go back 8 yrs to the day the music died (Marino leaving).

I'm still undecided about CPep. Green doesn't necessarily mean the end of CPep, however a day one draft selection might (be that Quinn or the next level group of QBs). In my heart of hearts, I think if he's healthy CPep is the best option for next year (only) after that, this years drafted QB is the man and we might be able to get some trade value for CPep, again pending his health. I think CPep is going to be kept for awhile, whether we select a high profile QB (pick #9 or pick #40) or not. He should get the chance to at least prove to some other teams he's healthy.

As to WR, we made a play to upgrade the position and it fell thru. Not because we didn't try hard enough either. There just weren't that many out there this year. You can't very well blame Cam-Mul for that...would you have wanted them to really overpay someone ?? WR isn't as great a need as that. Part of our problems at WR has been our offensive schemes, not just the talent or lack of talent at WR.

You judge too harshly Fish...we really need to save the crackdown of the FO till TC begins and we know who really is going to be there...

dolpns13
04-18-2007, 04:16 PM

1. Horrible Grammer like my exgirlfriend...Which WR should we have signed and got "O"? Whats O?
2. Who cares about your post last year. Go dig it up if you like.
3. whos the probowler you are saying "now" about?

Dude...Can you rate a thread with negative stars?

cormega
04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
i will admit im not a quinn supporter, but the fact remains he could suck, or turn out to be the greatest QB ever. in 5 years u can come back and if he sux say "i told you so" but to say it now is absurd. he isnt even in the nfl yet. c'mon bro. secondly, daunte might not ever be good to play again, but at this point it is not CLEAR that he will not be ready. this is all speculation, and not even based on anything. if this is your opinion tack it on to the end of one of the million other brady quinn threads, please.

TheMageGandalf
04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
There's no way in HELL we should land Green for anything other than a 7th rounder.

I'd rather take my lumps again through a hard season than to be the laughing stock of the league by giving up another 2nd ...this time for a 37 yr old QB on his last legs and with a bad head ala Aikman or Chandler. Sure, he hasn't had his head knocked around that bad, but all it takes (which isnt too hard with our O-Line) is a good hit and he's got another concussion and down that road we go.

MoFinz
04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
I want back the 2 minutes of my life it took to read this garbage.

Seriously.......

Roman529
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Overrated??? He hasn't even been drafted yet.

:morning:

BIG_FISH_RI
04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
WOW
when I posted this I did not think I would strike so many sore spots that fast. Quinn is going to be a good QB. I said that right? HE WILL NOT BE THE SAVIOR THAT MANY OF YOU MAKE HIM OUT TO BE. He has very little to no upside. He is much like Eli Manning. Not much room for improvement. In fact he and Eli are the same player. IMO

Someone posted that I agree with 50% and disagree with 50%. NO I DO NOT. I said he would be a good QB. NOT FRANCHISE QB was my comment.

OH DOLPHIN 13 - How was my Grammer?
Any errors - I did not know we needed to use spell check to get our points across.

tay0365
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Big Fish, but Quinn gets even close to Washington's pick, we could very well trade up for him (hope not), but if he falls to #9, we are jumping all over him.

As for him being overrated, no evidence has proven how good he is one way of the other, and it will not be proven until he actually gets on the field for the team that picks him.

dolpns13
04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
WOW
when I posted this I did not think I would strike so many sore spots that fast. Quinn is going to be a good QB. I said that right? HE WILL NOT BE THE SAVIOR THAT MANY OF YOU MAKE HIM OUT TO BE. He has very little to no upside. He is much like Eli Manning. Not much room for improvement. In fact he and Eli are the same player. IMO

Someone posted that I agree with 50% and disagree with 50%. NO I DO NOT. I said he would be a good QB. NOT FRANCHISE QB was my comment.

Any errors - I did not know we needed to use spell check to get our points across.

I dont think many of us would have jumped all over you had you named the thread something besides "told all of you" and didnt sound like you owned the world, because seriously, you havent made any different of a point than what was made by other people months ago...The only difference is that you are 4 months too late. Nextly, Quinn could very well be a franchise guy. Out of all the prospects he is the most conditioned to play in the NFL because of the pro style Weis ran at ND...

So in rebuttle to this post...Specifically, why do you think he will fail to become a franchise QB? Why do you think he is much like Eli? (Keeping in mind that Eli was ina much easier conference and Quinn has much better numbers than Eli)

And to answer your question, your grammar is horrible...And im not only referring to your spelling, but your sentence structure is horrendous. You do not need spell check to get your point across, but a well written educated, (which I would assume you are not) post will get a much better response than a rambling one with no points, facts, or structure.

nolefin
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
quinn= franchise qb

raving
04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I disagree bigtime with your overall premise - which I believe is to say Cam screwed up this off season.

It is too early to come to that conclusion.

The Dolphins went after the receivers - their price tags were WAY too high.

We need one WR to pan out from the draft and D. Hagan to stop dipping his fingers in butter before the game and at half time. If Hagan progresses and we land a speedster in the draft we have healed that sore spot big time.

Ricky has no trade value - therefore he stays.

QB could look like this. Green, C-Pep and Stanton with Lemonjello either gone or on the developmental squad. That gives us two servicable veterans to hopefully create.

The Dolphins do not need to trade up, but rather trade down and accumulate as many picks as righteously possible.

Young, talented, inexpensive players create a healthy infrastructure.

With Wright, Wright, Evans, Roth, Daniels, Crowder, Allen - we have some young, inexpensive, potential on the D.

Now we must create a similar set on the O in this, and next years draft.

Strong Gm's are now the secret to success in the NFL.

The jury is still out on Meuller as far as his tenure for the fins but I believe we have made all the right moves so far, and the key is not to make hasty judgements but wait it all the way out. Talent, good talent, beyond the draft will become available.

phinfreak
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Quinn has very high "bust" factor for two main reasons:
1) Mediocre NFL caliber arm
2) Not a threat leaving the pocket

Miami has signaled their top draft preferences.

1st - OL, namely L Tackle- look for miami to stock OL's in mid rounds
2nd- WR or DL, whoever BPA
3rd- DB, lot of good corners in this year draft

zach8111
04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
good. reporters just keep bashing him and help him fall to us. then we will have a franchise QB. and by the way, the reason he cant win a big game is because he NEVER had a team with him. ND defense sucks and there offense dont have many playmakers, besides jeff samardzija (probably the best offensive guy besides quinn) and he was a walk-on to the team and never played high school football in his life and now he is in MLB.

PhinSoldia
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM

did he sleep your girl or something? he has proven in the workouts and the combine that he is worth what everybody is talking and because Todd Mcshay doesnt like him as a top 5 pick doesnt mean that he is not a franchise QB

Dredd1050
04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I am so glan that all analys are NOW starting to report the truth about Quinn. He is overrated and I told you guys this so long ago. .

Dude, all I've heard has been the EXACT opposite of that.

TRUEPHIN
04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Quinn either. That being said, it's way too early to say "I told you so". He has not played a game in the NFL yet. He hasn't even had the oppurtunity to prove anybody right or wrong.

1 star.

Muck
04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, two weeks before the draft, media reports start emanating about Quinn being overrated.

That should have been your first clue.

DonShula84
04-18-2007, 06:33 PM

I must be missing all these analyst saying this. But if you say it that is enough for me

PhinSoldia
04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I disagree bigtime with your overall premise - which I believe is to say Cam screwed up this off season.

It is too early to come to that conclusion.

The Dolphins went after the receivers - their price tags were WAY too high.

We need one WR to pan out from the draft and D. Hagan to stop dipping his fingers in butter before the game and at half time. If Hagan progresses and we land a speedster in the draft we have healed that sore spot big time.

Ricky has no trade value - therefore he stays.

QB could look like this. Green, C-Pep and Stanton with Lemonjello either gone or on the developmental squad. That gives us two servicable veterans to hopefully create.

The Dolphins do not need to trade up, but rather trade down and accumulate as many picks as righteously possible.

Young, talented, inexpensive players create a healthy infrastructure.

With Wright, Wright, Evans, Roth, Daniels, Crowder, Allen - we have some young, inexpensive, potential on the D.

Now we must create a similar set on the O in this, and next years draft.

Strong Gm's are now the secret to success in the NFL.

The jury is still out on Meuller as far as his tenure for the fins but I believe we have made all the right moves so far, and the key is not to make hasty judgements but wait it all the way out. Talent, good talent, beyond the draft will become available.

allen has yet to prove his worth and as a mid first rounder is still pretty expensive for a bench player-I suspect Roth and Crowder will be asking for extenstions in a year or two-oh and the 3 words young-talented-and inexpensive dont come in the same sentence very often

we dont need to trade down for more pics we have alot already- and we got so many pics so we can put ourselves in a position to trade up and still have something to work with if Quinn drops-after all- a Tom Brady comes once in a decade-and i dont want to take that risk anymore

what speedster are you asking us to get.because after meachem and ginn there is a sore drop off in talent...and if all you want is a speedster we have Az hakim-he is fast as they come-talent very little but we do have a speedster

NYinBostonFin
04-18-2007, 06:44 PM

That says it all really.

But anyway, if we draft Quinn I will be happy, if not no big deal. Draft one in rd #2.

I don't understand why people are so upset about someone who isn't even near a fin uni yet. People here are crazy.
One guy who has an opinion, says Quinn will not be a franchise QB.
Call Cam and Randy, if Quinn falls we have to trade down.

IBleedAqua
04-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Overratted? He everyone said he was dropping, and now he most likely will be gone before we get him.

Gm's and coaches have been raving about his work outs.

But I guess you know better!:err:

Plus how do you call a guy overrated who hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet??

Don't sweat what that guy says about Quinn..he's a big time DC fans and WORRIED about his future as a fin and he should be . DC is gone..it's just a matter of time and I personally..can't wait to hear it.

zach8111
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
i dont know what you are bragging about, that doesnt prove the he isnt good. you cant start bragging that you said he wasnt gonna be good until he has actually played in the NFL. then you will see he is good especially since he will be in a miami uniform

BIG_FISH_RI
04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I dont think many of us would have jumped all over you had you named the thread something besides "told all of you" and didnt sound like you owned the world, because seriously, you havent made any different of a point than what was made by other people months ago...The only difference is that you are 4 months too late. Nextly, Quinn could very well be a franchise guy. Out of all the prospects he is the most conditioned to play in the NFL because of the pro style Weis ran at ND...

So in rebuttle to this post...Specifically, why do you think he will fail to become a franchise QB? Why do you think he is much like Eli? (Keeping in mind that Eli was ina much easier conference and Quinn has much better numbers than Eli)

And to answer your question, your grammar is horrible...And im not only referring to your spelling, but your sentence structure is horrendous. You do not need spell check to get your point across, but a well written educated, (which I would assume you are not) post will get a much better response than a rambling one with no points, facts, or structure.

1st - I have a college degree thank you. I was also a student athlete - unlike a bunch of dumb azz that had all day to study and still fail I had major college sports practice and still made deans list. and before you think I went to some easy University that allowed players to just pass your wrong. graduation rate of football players 98%. No I did not major in gym either. Majored in Political Science and the program at the University was considered one of the best in the country. With that addessed I'll head into football something that I know much about.

AGAIN _ I NEVER SAID THAT QUINN WOULD SUCK, BUST, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. As a matter of fact I said he would be good (see the post). I simply was saying he is not a franchise QB and he would not save the dolphins franchise.
WHY?

1. He has reached max potential. Where is his upside? Go ahead I'll wait......... there is no upside to quinn. NONE

2. He does not have a NFL caliber arm. It's ok, it will get him by but it is nothing to grow on. Please see point Number 1.

3. He has 0 (that is a zero as it is a zero in my first post that you thought was an o. See there is a difference in the shape of a 0(zero) and o) threat to get out of the pocket if need be. Please see point number 1.

4. He played in a NFL style (SYSTEM) and was very average. nothing to grow on. Again please see point 1.

I compared him to Eli on the fact that people thought he was a franchise QB. There was nothing special about Eli nothing and he turned out to be average. He is not a let down. Being average in the NFL is good. BUT if the expectation is so high being average is a HUGE let down.

JT#1
04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Quinn has very high "bust" factor for two main reasons:
1) Mediocre NFL caliber arm
2) Not a threat leaving the pocket

Miami has signaled their top draft preferences.

1st - OL, namely L Tackle- look for miami to stock OL's in mid rounds
2nd- WR or DL, whoever BPA
3rd- DB, lot of good corners in this year draft

1) Arm strenth is probly the most overated aspect about a QB, is it important? yes, but as long as you can make all the throws, chucking the ball 70 yards isn't really realistic. also most of the "busts" for QBs are players said to have cannon for arms, ala Leaf.

2) did you see the USC game this year? he broke a like 60 yd run for a TD in that game and rushed for couple yards here and there as well later in the game

JT#1
04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
1. He has reached max potential. Where is his upside? Go ahead I'll wait......... there is no upside to quinn. NONE

2. He does not have a NFL caliber arm. It's ok, it will get him by but it is nothing to grow on. Please see point Number 1.

3. He has 0 (that is a zero as it is a zero in my first post that you thought was an o. See there is a difference in the shape of a 0(zero) and o) threat to get out of the pocket if need be. Please see point number 1.

4. He played in a NFL style (SYSTEM) and was very average. nothing to grow on. Again please see point 1.

1/2 How do you know he has reached his max potential? you know he can't increase his ability to make reads? just because he doesn't have a huge arm it doesn;t mean he won't improve, hell even if you do have a huge arm, according to you they won't improve ether since they already learned all there is in college.

3. USC game + his combine workouts show he is about as athletic as some cornerbacks and safetys projected to come out day 1.

4. He had more TD passes than Russel and Edwards COMBINED, thats average how? considering those 2 are arguably the best 2 QBs in the draft besides quinn

taylormvp99
04-19-2007, 12:17 AM
AGAIN _ I NEVER SAID THAT QUINN WOULD SUCK, BUST, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. As a matter of fact I said he would be good (see the post). I simply was saying he is not a franchise QB and he would not save the dolphins franchise.
WHY?

I compared him to Eli on the fact that people thought he was a franchise QB. There was nothing special about Eli nothing and he turned out to be average. He is not a let down. Being average in the NFL is good. BUT if the expectation is so high being average is a HUGE let down.
Okay, this post is horrible.

1. How do you know he has reached his potential? You have no idea. You also can't say that he has no upside. He would not even be close to a top 10 pick if he had no upside.

2. He has an above average arm. Nothing special but he can make all the throws.

3. Drew Bledsoe is a "zero threat" when he's out of the pocket. Quinn does make some plays out of the pocket.

4. Okay this was the dumbest reason of them all. He did play in an NFL system but how can you say he was average? Yes I understand how you took 35 TDs and 5 INTs and said that was average. Are you kidding me? Average? If that's average then what is good? 50 TDs and 2 INTs?

Eli Manning has been in the league 3 years. He could have a breakout year this year. You never know. He still has upside. This was a joke of a post.

Dolfan11
04-19-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd take either or, but Quinn has the most chances of dropping to us. Everyone on this thread sems to have the same knock about Quinn's arm strength. Russell's had one good year in college.

95 TD's and 39 INT's in his 4 year career. Each year, he increased his TD's and decreased his INT's. I'll take numbers like that over a guy who can throw 90 yards with his legs tied behind his back.

BIG_FISH_RI
04-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I think I am all set with posting on this site. YoU GUYS BELIEVE TO MUCH HYPE. Most of you have no idea what your talking about. (and I have some some idiot on here that spell checks all of my post becasue I can't type and it takes me way to long to put the facts on this board without him telling me that my grammer was incorrect.)

1. Quinn makes all the throws? I didn't see his work out. Neither did most of you. I can only go by what I've seen on TV. If you WATCH Quinn and pay attention 1st thing you will notice is 80% of the time Quinn is going to throw he is either in shotgun (to allow him to see the field and make the proper read or it is play action (read does not matter as he must follow thru with the fake and eyes are already set up on primary WR) the other 20% of the time it is 3 step. You have to ask yourself why. Lets look further
If you watch all of Quinns throws over 30yards you will find out that a good 80% of them is a fade pattern that he hangs up there forever to the outside shoulder (well positioned I might add). I have yet to see Quinn throw a post corner or a post pattern on a rope. I have to guess that he can not. ANYBODY can thow the patter in a work out to a WR when there is no coverage. His resume is his game film. sorry to tell you these throws are not on his resume. Don't take my word for it go look for yourself and please do not comment unless you've went and looked at the film and give me the game and qauter to find these throws.

This is where everyone makes the comment about his arm strength. It is very average and questionable. I do not think he can make a deep throw down the middle of the field in the NFL. his arm is not strong enough to do that. Charlie knows this and this is a reason why I believe he was not asked to do it in ND offense.

AGAIN I NEVER SAID HE WOULD BE A BUST OR POOR I SAID HE WOULD BE GOOD HE JUST IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB AND NOT THE SAVIOR THAT MANY HERE THINK HE IS.

there is a knock on him for not winning the big game. To me there is some truth to this. You can say the defesne all you want. However the defense is not responsible for Quinns 14-34 145yd 2 TD Fiesta bowl performance. again with stiffer comp samarjia can not run fade patterns and Quinn is forced to make different throws that he can't Quinn's arm is not strong enough to throw a deep come back in a NFL cover 3 defense. He only has the capability to get it over the LB and to the WR before the corner gets the chance to react on it. he won't be able to get it by the LB to the WR becasue of his arm. his balls just do not have enough zip.
You watch a segment of mike Mayock about this same thing and you will see the window open and Quinn won't make the throw. Mayock places it with his decision making, that he missed the throwor missed the read. I say his decision was good he can't make the throw so he does not attempt it.

There is a question about the system that he played in. some idot questioned me about that. the reason people say the system becasue before charlie quinn was no where near as good as he performed his Jr. year. he was in a rythmic system that charlie put him in and performed well. His Sr. year everyone was looking for growth and he made no new strides in the offense. that indicates that he was not able to take the basics of this system and then take his game to the next level growing outside of the bounds of the structure. lets look further football for idots version.

take a look at quinn what do you see. I see 2 read drop and go. primary, 2nd then pull it down and run. There is a rythm to his throws / reads. he is locked on his 1st read from go. he never looks down the center of the field at the safty to read the defense. he is reading corners (don't take my word go look at the tape) based on the corners drop he either hits 1st read or second. nothing wrong with this as all. this is a good way to get a Qb into reading the defense. corner drops and let Wr run =cover 3-4 corner bumps then settles = cover 2 corner bumps and runs with wr = corver 1 or watch out. good only if your back side is running mirror patterns. this goes back to my 1st std Quinn is either in Play action or shot gun most of the time when he throws. WHY? no need to drop back becasue he is not reading safties. or backers he is reading corners. so if your offense is not based on this theory then him being in this NFL system is a knock on him and he has reached his max with it based on his performance between his JR. and Sr. year. IE he did not grow. thats for the dude that tried to make me sound like an idot with my NFL system comment.
Learn the game then talk.