PDA

View Full Version : Madden 08 Cover Pic

JuanchoColombia
04-18-2007, 06:37 PM
It's the one they have on IGN but I looked around other sites and didn't find anything, so I don't know if it's real or just a fake.... anyway, here it is:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/mad08x360pftfrontboxartzi9-1.jpg

Predaphin
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
definetly fake

Mari0k
04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Fake..and how da hell did he got on the cover ovf it in first place?
I was expectin;
1) LT
2) Drew Bres (dunt ask why..just grat coemback)
3) CJ

Agent51
04-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Fake..and how da hell did he got on the cover ovf it in first place?
I was expectin;
1) LT
2) Drew Bres (dunt ask why..just grat coemback)
3) CJ

I was expecting Manning or LT, but Vince Young DOES make sense. Well, as being an option, maybe not as being THE choice (but maybe LT declined and isn't Peyton still under contract with the NFL Fever game anyway, preventing him from doing any other covers? I thought I read that somewhere). He stepped in as a rookie and brought that mediocre team to one game shy of the playoffs, and he did it single-handedly. That, combined with his RotY award and I can see him on the cover. Best choice? No, but does it work? Yeah.

Slappy8800
04-20-2007, 01:28 AM
I was expecting Manning or LT, but Vince Young DOES make sense. Well, as being an option, maybe not as being THE choice (but maybe LT declined and isn't Peyton still under contract with the NFL Fever game anyway, preventing him from doing any other covers? I thought I read that somewhere). He stepped in as a rookie and brought that mediocre team to one game shy of the playoffs, and he did it single-handedly. That, combined with his RotY award and I can see him on the cover. Best choice? No, but does it work? Yeah.

hardly...if not for the D they dont win alot of those games

SirDrums
04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
If it is true. THe best thing for young to do is retire for a year.

Do it buddy, don't take a chance. Madden has it in for you!

Aqua4Ever04
04-20-2007, 06:41 AM

Nah man Vince Young played okay, but was nothing spectacular. Travis Henry was almost a lock for 100 yards every game, Keith Bullock tackled EVERYTHING and EVERYONE and Pacman made big plays intercepting the ball and returning kicks. If I was that Titans D or Travis Henry, I'd be pretty ticked about the lack of credit.

As for the cover, are you still allowed to order special covers with players you want? Chris Chambers graces the cover of my 2007 game and I'll be doing that again in 2008.

Agent51
04-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Nah man Vince Young played okay, but was nothing spectacular. Travis Henry was almost a lock for 100 yards every game, Keith Bullock tackled EVERYTHING and EVERYONE and Pacman made big plays intercepting the ball and returning kicks. If I was that Titans D or Travis Henry, I'd be pretty ticked about the lack of credit.

As for the cover, are you still allowed to order special covers with players you want? Chris Chambers graces the cover of my 2007 game and I'll be doing that again in 2008.

How about the game where Vince mad ethat game winning run after scrambling to find a WR? Can't remember who it was against, but it was almost exactly the same way he won the title at Texas. OK, so maybe "single-handedly" wasn't accurate, but the guy had an impressive rookie season, regardless of how good his teammates played or not. Like I said, definately not the first choice, but if those people (LT, Manning, etc) decline, then the RotY isn't exactly a BAD choice.

As far as special covers, I wasn't awars you could do that? I know of the blank templates out there where you can add any player you want, but you do it yourself, where do you order the custom ones from?

Boston
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
He did it against the Texans.

americanmoose84
04-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Just to update everyone... I heard on ESPN that LT declined EAs invitation to be on the cover. I havent been able to find a link though.

screamer
04-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Gee, I wounder why LOL!

Clark Kent
04-21-2007, 01:32 AM
As far as special covers, I wasn't awars you could do that? I know of the blank templates out there where you can add any player you want, but you do it yourself, where do you order the custom ones from?:yeahthat:

Aqua4Ever04
04-21-2007, 05:16 AM
How about the game where Vince mad ethat game winning run after scrambling to find a WR? Can't remember who it was against, but it was almost exactly the same way he won the title at Texas. OK, so maybe "single-handedly" wasn't accurate, but the guy had an impressive rookie season, regardless of how good his teammates played or not. Like I said, definately not the first choice, but if those people (LT, Manning, etc) decline, then the RotY isn't exactly a BAD choice.

As far as special covers, I wasn't awars you could do that? I know of the blank templates out there where you can add any player you want, but you do it yourself, where do you order the custom ones from?

Okay well he didn't single handedly win the game. In that game he 218 passing yards, 0 TDs and 1 pick. Yes he had a game winning run, but the defense and Henry were the MVPs in that one too.

Yeah those special one's I'm talking about are the ones you speak of.

Bruzer
04-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Yea your right LT was the first one to be offered it but he turned it down becuase he thought what they wanted out of him and the price for it didn't match he thought it wasn't enough money for it. So they went to next player.

King Felix
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Yea your right LT was the first one to be offered it but he turned it down becuase he thought what they wanted out of him and the price for it didn't match he thought it wasn't enough money for it. So they went to next player.those were his excuses to not get the madden curse