PDA

View Full Version : Metallica



DolphinDevil28
07-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Den54, I noticed you have lines from "Harvester of sorrow" for your signature. I LOVE that friggin song. It kicks ***. I listen to it before Fins games to get me jacked up. You a Metallica fan?

Den54
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Den54, I noticed you have lines from "Harvester of sorrow" for your signature. I LOVE that friggin song. It kicks ***. I listen to it before Fins games to get me jacked up. You a Metallica fan?

Yes I am a fan of Metallica of old. And Justice For All was their last great effort before they sold out and went soft.IMO.

Penthos
07-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Den54


Yes I am a fan of Metallica of old. And Justice For All was their last great effort before they sold out and went soft.IMO.
Eventhough this is off topic, I have to agree with you Den54, thats exaclty how I feel...

Danny
07-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Den54


Yes I am a fan of Metallica of old. And Justice For All was their last great effort before they sold out and went soft.IMO.

At last someone feels the same way about Metallica as I do. What's really sad is that they didn't have to do it cos they were great and rich already but I guess they wanted to be just like everyone else. I just don't go for the flavor of the month. That's why Ozzy was, is and will always be the master of reality!!

Ozzy rules!!

Den54
07-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Maybe the mods will move these last few post over to the lounge, there was a Metallica thread there a couple of weeks ago. I would like to bash on them some more. In the mean time I've gotten back into my Beatles ,Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers and Stealy Dan.

Muck
07-11-2003, 12:33 PM
For me, it's all about Battery and Fight Fire With Fire. :up:

Metallica still kicks major azz in concert. Being down there while they're playing all their old fast stuff.....it's just so primal. And Lars' drumming is so freaking kickass when you hear it in person. :rocker: If it weren't such an all-day thing....and didn't have to travel up I-4....I'd be heading on over to see Metallica this weekend at the Citrus Bowl.

FYI - even though they're sharing the bill, Metallica is still play 2 hrs 45 mins every night on this tour. Mostly old stuff. :)

Pagan
07-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Muck

FYI - even though they're sharing the bill, Metallica is still play 2 hrs 45 mins every night on this tour. Mostly old stuff. :)

I don't know where you heard that Muck. They played 90 minutes at Giants Stadium the other night.

Muck
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I talked to a guy last week who went to the Detroit show and he said they played "2.75 hrs". Maybe he meant to type "1.75 hrs"??

genx23
07-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Saw Metallica last weekend and they played for about 90 minutes or so (after an hour and a half delay for technical problems)...St. Anger and Frantic from the new album and then the rest was older stuff like Master of Puppets, One, Creeping Death and so on...

M-REAL
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
What does everyone think of their new album out now? Personally I like the Master of Puppets album but Reload sucked. I went to their concert at the Coral Square Amp. about 4 yrs. ago and it rocked. They was their first tour spot back from Europe and they mostly played old stuff. Except Sanitarium, which pissed me off( its my favorite song)

Muck
07-11-2003, 02:25 PM
I went to that show. It was in July '98. Days of the New and Jerry Cantrell opened up. It was awesome.

M-REAL
07-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Cool Muck! Although, we missed J Cantrell and Days Of The New because we left the house late and the traffic getting there was crazy. We chilled out on the top of the hill facing the stage. During one of their songs, someone started a mosh pit and me and my friend joined in(pretty wrecked by that point). Alot of fun, even though the ex-GF was freaking out.

Den54
07-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Muck
I went to that show. It was in July '98. Days of the New and Jerry Cantrell opened up. It was awesome.

How did you like Jerry Cantrell? I think he's great. I have mixed feelings about his latest cd Degradation Trip.

Muck
07-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Den54
How did you like Jerry Cantrell? I think he's great. I have mixed feelings about his latest cd Degradation Trip.

I'll quote my buddy who was with me at the concert.

"It's kinda like drinking Bud Light".

I really don't care for his solo stuff. His set was kinda boring.

Den54
07-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Muck


I'll quote my buddy who was with me at the concert.

"It's kinda like drinking Bud Light".

I really don't care for his solo stuff. His set was kinda boring.

Did you care for him when he was with AIC?

Muck
07-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Oh, I love AIC. And I think Jerry's a big reason why. Big fan. But the magic just isn't there when he's doing it solo.

Pagan
07-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by marcusreal
What does everyone think of their new album out now?

Crappy production....horrible, disjointed songs that sound like they were slapped together with Pro Tools in the studio....out of key singing and cheesy lyrics.

It's time to hang it up boyz....."Madly in anger with you"? :rolleyes:

Den54
07-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Pagan


Crappy production....horrible, disjointed songs that sound like they were slapped together with Pro Tools in the studio....out of key singing and cheesy lyrics.

It's time to hang it up boyz....."Madly in anger with you"? :rolleyes:

But they're soooo proud of it.:lol:

M-REAL
07-13-2003, 01:07 PM
I am glad I didn't buy it now. I wonder why in South FLA. in Specs that album was considered #2 out of #20?

Muck
07-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Probably because lots of people bought it on good faith (including myself). Whoops!!

M-REAL
07-13-2003, 03:29 PM
LOL