PDA

View Full Version : my modified mock draft with a tradedown 3x

maverick50
04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
i am just toying with just concepts here and i am only using names to fill my positions so this is a expimental mock draft witha trade down x3 .

disclaimer i am not sure where these guys will fall but here is my modified mock draft.

miami trades down to # 15 pittsburgh and we get their 2nd ,4th and 6th rd picks .

miami trades down again with the giants for theire 3rd, 5th and a 4th rd pick in 08

miami trades down with the saints and we get their 2nd rd , 4th and 5th rd picks

then we would have 4 2nd rd picks 2 3rd rd picks and 3 4th rd picks plus 3 6th rd and 2 7th rd picks

then i would draft
in rd 1 de jamaal anderson
rd 2a c ryan kalil
rd 2b ot wr sidney rice
rd 2c te ben patrick
rd 2d rb anthony pittman

in rd 3a c leroy harris
rd 3b dt ryan mcbean

in rd 4a olb quincy black
rd 4b qb troy smith
rd 4c og manuel ramirez

rd 6a qb zach taylor
rd 6b a punter
rd 6c de/olb victor de grate

rd 7a rb selvin young
7b ilb chad nkang

ok this was a dream draft more or less because i dont have what round some of these cat will go but would anybody think this would be a bad draft with these guys. i am just experimenting here and can someone tell me where i can find our twhere these players are predicted to go in the draft.?

D-Rock
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
no comment....

SQuinn17
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
while i like what you're trying to do...picking all these players will be senseless since we wouldnt be able to sign them all.

trate121hb
04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
what is going on here

zach8111
04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
ummm.... what to say. trading down once is rare and you have us trading down 3 times. there is no way to that many 2nds. this is just a waste of time but could be fun to look at to.

miamitd13
04-18-2007, 11:20 PM
all my phin heaven dollars to anyone that can make April 28th get here sooner!!

:wink:

zach8111
04-18-2007, 11:27 PM
all my phin heaven dollars to anyone that can make April 28th get here sooner!!

:wink:
you doint have enough fin dollars to give me for me to make it come faster.JK:lol:

dominizzo
04-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I like but aint gonna happen

Jaj
04-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow so many trades and still screwed up on players vs. fit on the team.

showstopper
04-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Is this Jimmy Johnson reincarnated? JJ's problem (other than being a lazy ***, and a giant ego ) was that he kept trading down, and drafting 6 or 8 back ups and zero starters, more often than not. And yes I acknowledge, that occasionally he would score a winner, 4 pro bowlers out of approx. 40 players, WOOPPEE!
But, I love your imagination, creativity and time well spent, GRAZIE!

Roman529
04-19-2007, 12:10 AM
These trade downs have as likely a chance to go down as me getting dates with Carmen Electra, Jessica Alba, and Jessica Simpson. It is nice to live in a fantasy world, but sometimes you gotta get real.

PeterNorth
04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Can a team even have 15 picks? LOL, hilarious mock.. and that is before even taking a closer look and seeing 2 QB's and 2 RB's being taken.

umpalu
04-19-2007, 02:13 AM
past what all these guys are saying, i love the creativity. every thread is quinn? no quinn? quinn? my mock? first mock? this mock, that mock? and all look the same after a while. this is a little crazy, but i love that you are thinking and not just posting what all these guys keep reposting over and over and over. :) no matter how much they bash you, keep it up, keep up the good fight. :ninja:

Skeet84
04-19-2007, 02:20 AM
How many times have we traded down in the last decade?

Blackocrates
04-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Although you can't have that many draft picks in one draft, I would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks in next year's draft.

I like the thought of going into every draft with extra picks. The process could be repeated again the following year to garner more picks for the future. Then when there is a player that you really desire in any given year you have the picks to trade up to get them and you don't sacrifice the picks that you originally had.

As is stands now, I wouldn't mind if we traded a few second day picks away for draft picks in next years draft. That patience would pay off because a sixth round pick this year is worth a fifth round pick next year. I think I have that correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kdawg954
04-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Is it me, or have I seen better mocks w/ less picks . . . I guess I better scroll back up and take another look . . .

zonk4ever
04-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Great effort!!!! 15 players. Young, hungry and not overpaid. What a concept!!!

LarryFinFan
04-19-2007, 08:02 AM
i am just toying with just concepts here and i am only using names to fill my positions so this is a expimental mock draft witha trade down x3 .

disclaimer i am not sure where these guys will fall but here is my modified mock draft.

miami trades down to # 15 pittsburgh and we get their 2nd ,4th and 6th rd picks .

miami trades down again with the giants for theire 3rd, 5th and a 4th rd pick in 08

miami trades down with the saints and we get their 2nd rd , 4th and 5th rd picks

then we would have 4 2nd rd picks 2 3rd rd picks and 3 4th rd picks plus 3 6th rd and 2 7th rd picks

then i would draft
in rd 1 de jamaal anderson
rd 2a c ryan kalil
rd 2b ot wr sidney rice
rd 2c te ben patrick
rd 2d rb anthony pittman

in rd 3a c leroy harris
rd 3b dt ryan mcbean

in rd 4a olb quincy black
rd 4b qb troy smith
rd 4c og manuel ramirez

rd 6a qb zach taylor
rd 6b a punter
rd 6c de/olb victor de grate

rd 7a rb selvin young
7b ilb chad nkang

ok this was a dream draft more or less because i dont have what round some of these cat will go but would anybody think this would be a bad draft with these guys. i am just experimenting here and can someone tell me where i can find our twhere these players are predicted to go in the draft.?

How about if GB or Carolina are stuck on Peterson and he's available at #9...with GB, we likely get 316, (Staley), #48 (QB), and a 4th and 6th...
With Carolina, it would be #14, #83, #118...

But I'm just playing around...Quinn is going to be there at #9 and we'll take him....

dan the fin
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Although you can't have that many draft picks in one draft, I would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks in next year's draft.

I like the thought of going into every draft with extra picks. The process could be repeated again the following year to garner more picks for the future. Then when there is a player that you really desire in any given year you have the picks to trade up to get them and you don't sacrifice the picks that you originally had.

As is stands now, I wouldn't mind if we traded a few second day picks away for draft picks in next years draft. That patience would pay off because a sixth round pick this year is worth a fifth round pick next year. I think I have that correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

While there is not way of that happening, u can have as many picks as you want, only in Madden is there a cap to the # of picks one team can have.