PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 3 Demo on Xbox Live

mor911
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Crap! I'm already at work.... I wanna play.
http://xbox360.qj.net/Command-and-Conquer-3-demo-now-on-Xbox-Live/pg/49/aid/89858

FinsNCanes
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I used to be a huge C&C fan.

Phinz420
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Mor did you try it out on the PC yet?

Personally, I found it kind of weak compared to Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes. I did like the new campaign style of CC3(compared to Generals), and the graphics got a nice revamp - but there was a lot left to be desired.

Still, it not too often that Consoles get Strategy games. This should get popular with the console crowd in online battles.

mor911
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I haven't played in on PC bro :( I probably should have. Is it weak? That's dissapointing. The new GI gave it PC game of the month.

Phinz420
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I haven't played in on PC bro :( I probably should have. Is it weak? That's dissapointing. The new GI gave it PC game of the month.

I wouldn't consider the game itself "weak". Just when compared to other recent PC RTS titles like Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander. Both of those titles did their best to innovate instead of rehashing.

CC3 was made using the same engine that ran Generals, they simply updated some graphic effects(the game looks MUCH better than Generals, not even close) and changed the format of the game play.

I was not unhappy with the game itself, but I thought it could have been so much more. The best part of Tiberium Wars to me is the campaign mode changes. It feels a lot more like older CC and that was a good feeling. The multi player just wasn't very appealing to me due to the amount of time I already put into Generals online.

Hopefully the next CC game will not be an expansion for Tiberium Wars(fat chance), I really would like to see how the developers will respond to games like CoH and Supreme Commander being so innovative.

UCFinfan86
04-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I tried to get it on Xbox Live this afternoon, but all there is, is a game demo trailer, i couldnt find the actual demo

americanmoose84
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
I tried to get it on Xbox Live this afternoon, but all there is, is a game demo trailer, i couldnt find the actual demo
I had the same problem. I checked this morning though and it was up.

UCFinfan86
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I DLed this last night (took 9 hours) and played the 2 campaigns, They were pretty fun but its alot harder to control your troops IMO. Id rather just play it on the computer

mor911
04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I like it a lot. I think they pulled it off. I HOPE they have mouse/keyboard support in the final version... the demo didn't. I tried.

I still like it. I'll be getting it.

zach13
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I like it a lot. I think they pulled it off. I HOPE they have mouse/keyboard support in the final version... the demo didn't. I tried.

I still like it. I'll be getting it.

Thanks for the review. I'll definitely be getting it as well. I loved the original games on the computer.

SirDrums
04-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I personally like it on the PC. Nice break from the super Micro managing type of SG's out there nowadays. I Kind of like just sending a throng of troops right at the enemy from time to time.
Playing it on the XBOX? no thanks, with a mouse there is just no way I can see myself enjoying it.

washFin84
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Sorry to bring up a thread that was from awhile ago, but I just stumpled across the demo on live this last weekend. After 48 straight hours of playing the same demo map on xbox live I had to trade in some games to cop this game this past Monday. (hey I got almost $15 for halo2)

I don't know that much about RTS, but I did play the old Warcraft back on win95 when they had orcs and humans. That was a fun game, actually I still have it. But never played any of this franchises games.

Anyways if you haven't played this game at least try the demo. And whoever says the controls are no good or will never be good on a console you can do everything very easy. I've seen lots of bashing on other sites.

control all guys on screen
control all guy in army
control all guys of the same type
control all guys that you put in a group

Plus the whole concept is really fun. I usually get annihalated (sp) or on rare occasion i've done the annihlating, but that's what makes this game fun. You've really gotta play a few games to understand all the types of units and the pros/cons of each. Everything is needed really.

Now that i've purchased the game I've played a few of the campaigns and let me tell you it's fun. You are the UN GDI trying to take back the US capital at the start. The second campaign you try to take back the pentagon and then a few campaigns later the White House. I mean you are on the city block that these buildings are on. It's really a neat game graphically and just the type of game that I've been looking for. And after doing lots of reading on the message boards this game is similar to the Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth II. I've never heard of that game, but I sure would like to try it now. They are both products of EA and from what I have read are very similar in regards to controls, but differ by themes for the most part.

I really got the game for live play. Does anybody have the full game for the 360. Please let me know, so we can play some 2v2.