PDA

View Full Version : Ginn, Brown visiting Miami today 4/19

jim1
04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
BIG POTENTIAL
Two potentially appealing first-round draft picks will visit the Dolphins today at the team's facility in Davie. Most notably, offensive tackle Levi Brown is expected to spend the day meeting with team officials. A local hotel confirmed Wednesday that Brown was registered for check-in today.
Brown, a Penn State standout, could be a potential answer at left tackle. He is being projected by many mock drafts as a top-15 pick.
Also, wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. arrived in South Florida on Wednesday for a meeting scheduled for today, his father said. Although he will not work out for the team, he will be meeting with coaches, Ted Ginn Sr. said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/79108.html

Pompy
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Please NO Ginn... not that he's not talented but there's so many quality receivers in this draft and we can pick up a good one later in the draft...

jason8er
04-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Ginn is my 1st round pick. KR/PR, Flanker, Slot, I don't care. Just get him the ball because he's a threat to score, or set us up to score everytime he's out there. Just like Cam, scoring points is all I care about when it comes to our offense now. I don't care what position you use our players in, just score some freak'in points.

ckparrothead
04-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I think it's all coming back around to Ted Ginn Jr...who has been my prediction for Miami to pick at #9 for quite some time.

You listen to Randy Mueller talk about how they want to pick guys that they get excited about when they watch the film...guys that are just plain fun to watch. Nobody in this draft, outside Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson, is as fun to watch on film as Ted Ginn Jr. That's not to say Ted is the 3rd best prospect behind those two, I'm just saying if you're going strictly off the "Oh no he didn't!" factor...Ted Ginn Jr. is your man.

PhinfanUK
04-19-2007, 11:18 AM
He seems to be in for a visit every day now, maybe him and Cam are dating?

Seriously, it seems painfully obvious to me now, if Quinn isn't available then we'll come away with Ginn. Come April 29th, one of them will be a Phin.

jason8er
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm just saying if you're going strictly off the "Oh no he didn't!" factor...Ted Ginn Jr. is your man.
:lol: That's the best description of Ted Ginn Jr. I've seen to date.

jim1
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I think it's all coming back around to Ted Ginn Jr...who has been my prediction for Miami to pick at #9 for quite some time.

You listen to Randy Mueller talk about how they want to pick guys that they get excited about when they watch the film...guys that are just plain fun to watch. Nobody in this draft, outside Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson, is as fun to watch on film as Ted Ginn Jr. That's not to say Ted is the 3rd best prospect behind those two, I'm just saying if you're going strictly off the "Oh no he didn't!" factor...Ted Ginn Jr. is your man.

It makes sense:

Flanker
Kick Returner Extraoridaire
Team Speed
Take pressure off of the defense
Take pressure off of the running game
Take pressure off of the QB

I have no problem with Ginn at #9. But I would prefer sliding down and still getting him or another guy that can step in and help.

Aqua and Orange
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet! I love Ginn and would love to see him in a fins uni.
If we could get rid of that pesky problem of who would throw to him I would be able to breathe easy. A Ginn/Kolb first two picks would make me smile greatly :)

Vegas dolfan
04-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I have been saying this all along. We need Ginn if we could even drop down to number 12 and get an extra pick that would be even better. We dont have a guy that can run like him and score from anywhere. Not only does he have speed but he has moves and cuts like Barry Sanders. The will make our team better alot better. That is what you look for in your number one pick.

ckparrothead
04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
It makes sense:

Flanker
Team Speed

I have no problem with Ginn at #9. But I would prefer sliding down and still getting him or another guy that can step in and help.

Question is, can you even do that? If the Bills come calling about trading up to #9 for Willis or Peterson, you can maybe get away with it and still getting Ginn Jr...but the Rams showed HEAVY interest in the man and the word on the street is after his seemingly-disastrous workout, teams were more impressed than not that a guy that was clearly only 70% healthy could still run a 4.38 in wet conditions.

This is the fourth time Miami's brain trust have met with Ted Ginn Jr.

BTW, if Adrian Peterson is available #9 and the Bills call about a trade...personally I'm stonewalling them even if the offer is good. I would do everything in my power to assure that Peterson does NOT get added to the AFC East. I don't even want him in the AFC.

PhinfanUK
04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Question is, can you even do that? If the Bills come calling about trading up to #9 for Willis or Peterson, you can maybe get away with it and still getting Ginn Jr...but the Rams showed HEAVY interest in the man and the word on the street is after his seemingly-disastrous workout, teams were more impressed than not that a guy that was clearly only 70% healthy could still run a 4.38 in wet conditions.

BTW, if Adrian Peterson is available #9 and the Bills call about a trade...personally I'm stonewalling them even if the offer is good. I would do everything in my power to assure that Peterson does NOT get added to the AFC East. I don't even want him in the AFC.

What if the Packers come calling? Would you trade down that far even if you might miss out on Ginn just to stop Peterson going to the Bills?

YetanotherFan
04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
It makes sense:

Flanker
Team Speed

Yep, correct on all points jim. If this is our route, think about it, QB - TG/DC, Lemon, real solid QB prospect. WR - Ginn, Chambers, Booker, Hagan. RB - Brown, Ricky (crossing fingers), rookie/vet. New left side of the O-line but IMO will be upgraded with Houck's hand chosen guys so it will be solid in the worst case. I could see us mirroring the 2005 season were we needed the first 6 games to gel and then played well the remaining 10. I think Cam could do alot with this group and maybe even make it exciting lol.

OneHondo
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I am curious, on this board you have heard a lot about, this player being a reach at #9 and that player being a reach at #9. If Ginn has been sliding back as a first round talent, wouldn't he be considered a reach at #9?
I am not arguing for or agains't Ginn because I have faith in Mueller but I was just curious why this "Reach" term is applied so much to other players but not Ginn?

fishypete
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't take Ginn...with Tonic at 9.

Oboy
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Depending on how good? If they offer something like a 2nd this year and a first next year... I'd have a hard time saying no. What if they offer a Herschel Walker type trade? I see you point and really don't want him in the AFCE either, but... I'd listen to the offer. However, what may be better would be just to draft AP and then tell any team interested to pick who we want and try to make a trade later.

BillsFanInPeace
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Wow Ginn at 9 talking about a reach. If he is your player you better trade back.

finfan54
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Inside out CK, inside out.

ckparrothead
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Depending on how good? If they offer something like a 2nd this year and a first next year... I'd have a hard time saying no. What if they offer a Herschel Walker type trade? I see you point and really don't want him in the AFCE either, but... I'd listen to the offer. However, what may be better would be just to draft AP and then tell any team interested to pick who we want and try to make a trade later.

There isn't a deal that they could realistically offer at the #9 spot that would tempt me into doing it.

You don't want the next Barry Sanders going to a division rival if you can help it.

finfan54
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow Ginn at 9 talking about a reach. If he is your player you better trade back.

yeah, dont let all the Bills fans be laughing at you on draft day. Stay away from Ted Ginn Jr.

The man who slipped 5 out of 8 times in his workout. Whats he gonna do in a rainy,wet windy Ralph willson stadium?

Dont you do it Randy!!! dont you do it!! Youll be a marked man in dolphin history for a long long time.

ckparrothead
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
What if the Packers come calling? Would you trade down that far even if you might miss out on Ginn just to stop Peterson going to the Bills?

Probably, yes.

Oboy
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
There isn't a deal that they could realistically offer at the #9 spot that would tempt me into doing it.

You don't want the next Barry Sanders going to a division rival if you can help it.
That is they key word isn't it!? :wink: If we are going truly hypothetical, WHAT if they offer some crazy trade? I mean seriously if they offered something that pretty much can rebuild this whole team in two drafts... I'd listen and consider it. It worked out ok for Dallas in the Herschel Walker trade...

(Granted this is all hypothetical and the chances of this happening are fractions of a percent... but it is fun.)

ckparrothead
04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
That is they key word isn't it!? :wink: If we are going truly hypothetical, WHAT if they offer some crazy trade? I mean seriously if they offered something that pretty much can rebuild this whole team in two drafts... I'd listen and consider it. It worked out ok for Dallas in the Herschel Walker trade...

(Granted this is all hypothetical and the chances of this happening are fractions of a percent... but it is fun.)

1. They won't do that

2. Adrian Peterson isn't Herschel Walker

PhinstiGator
04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah, dont let all the Bills fans be laughing at you on draft day. Stay away from Ted Ginn Jr.

The man who slipped 5 out of 8 times in his workout. Whats he gonna do in a rainy,wet windy Ralph willson stadium?

Dont you do it Randy!!! dont you do it!! Youll be a marked man in dolphin history for a long long time.

Actually, Ginn's workout was inside and he didn't fall 5 out of 8 times.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/04/12/osufb12.ART_ART_04-12-07_E1_606C4T0.html

jason8er
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
He's been projected from #6-#20, so I wouldn't call it a reach at #9. I would love to trade down a few and still get him, but Scott Linehan has some strong man-love for this kid, and he may be gone.

Phinanthropist
04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
CK,

If Peterson is there at nine, would you considered trading down with Dallas?
Looking at the point chart something like thier 1,2,and 3? Gain two first day picks, save cap dollars, ensure AP is in the NFC.

I think it is quite possible Ginn or Staley would still be there in round 1?

Thoughts?

finfan54
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Actually, Ginn's workout was inside and he didn't fall 5 out of 8 times.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/04/12/osufb12.ART_ART_04-12-07_E1_606C4T0.html

That article is covering up facts. People want to build him up as great, but a guy who gets injured on a celebration is really really risky. Ginn is better off in his career somewhere else. Trust me.

finfan54
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
He's been projected from #6-#20, so I wouldn't call it a reach at #9. I would love to trade down a few and still get him, but Scott Linehan has some strong man-love for this kid, and he may be gone.

Most all updated mocks have him around 15-30.

IdahoPhin
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM

If Peterson is the BPA why not draft him? They say you don't draft for need in the first round.

jdang307
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM
If Peterson is the BPA why not draft him? They say you don't draft for need in the first round.
What if you have someone graded just slightly lower, but a bigger need? What do you do?

amir7
04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
It certainly looks like if Quinn is not there, then one of these 2 guys will be our pick at 9

Hamilton23
04-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Ginn is my 1st round pick. KR/PR, Flanker, Slot, I don't care. Just get him the ball because he's a threat to score, or set us up to score everytime he's out there. Just like Cam, scoring points is all I care about when it comes to our offense now. I don't care what position you use our players in, just score some freak'in points.

Exactly!

HybridPHIN 23
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
our 2 most likely picks IMO........ I think it's gunna be Ginn if not Quinn.

Mueller has no problem picking a small speedy guy from Ohio State that high !!

TampaFinsFan01
04-19-2007, 03:56 PM

I would, in a heart-beat. Lets face it, we aren't Teddy Ginn away from being in the SB. We have have holes in alot of places. I'd take the move down with GB, secure an extra 2nd rounder and see what happens. Crazy stuff happens on draft day. Ginn might slide to where the Packers pick. And if not, we could pick Staley or Revis or Timmons....there are alot of options for us.

TampaFinsFan01
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I am curious, on this board you have heard a lot about, this player being a reach at #9 and that player being a reach at #9. If Ginn has been sliding back as a first round talent, wouldn't he be considered a reach at #9?
I am not arguing for or agains't Ginn because I have faith in Mueller but I was just curious why this "Reach" term is applied so much to other players but not Ginn?

Ginn is an enigma, to be sure. Hes not a complete football player. He probably won't start the season as the regular #3 WR. But he brings uncoachable elements to the game...speed, elusiveness, that one player that other teams have to change their defensive scheme any time hes in.

Hes like Hester in some ways. Anytime he touches the ball hes a threat to score.

So that might make him a "reach" but for the right team (Dallas, Seattle) it makes him quite valuable.