PDA

View Full Version : Joe Thomas could slide out of top five

Green Phin
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Check this scenario. I don't think it'll happen, but if it does I believe we should definitely consider trading up to 6 or 7 (our 1st and 3rd/4th would be required). Would you do that trade? :lol:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi041707.htm

Boomer
04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
He actually could.

The Raiders will take either Johnson, Quinn or Russell, but most likely CJ. Detroit might take him, but with Backus and George Foster, they could stand pat and take a Gaines Adams and hell, Marinelli is just about the right guy to light a fire up his asss. If Oakland goes CJ, Russell will probably go to Cleveland, although Peterson or Thomas and of course Brady are strong possibilities. And at 5, I think Arizona goes for Peterson, although there are rumours that they might take Levi Brown over Thomas - which I don't buy. The Skins and Vikvs wouldn't take him, so in a very unlikely scenario, he could go to Atlanta at 8, Miami at 9 or Houston at 10.

But it's, as I said, unlikely.

alen1
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
no way he gets past AZ

nyital571
04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey Boomer are you british or american?

csabe
04-19-2007, 03:49 PM
That would be fantastic, although it most likely ain't gonna happen.

phinfreak
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Miami will take one of the LT's if available, either Brown or Thomas. Knowing Cam, Brown is rated higher.

Boomer
04-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey Boomer are you british or american?

english. ;)

Dolfan32323
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
lol

PHINishinStrong
04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
What is up with everyones stock dropping out of a sudden? First J. Russel then Calvin Johnson now Joe Thomas. I think the top five picks that are a lock to go 1-5 are :Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas ,Adrian Peterson, Jemarcus Russel and Gaines Adams.

miamifire
04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
english. ;)

Boomer what in your mind are the odds of us getting Quinn? Who do you think is the most likely trade partner? The skins want more picks. Will he still be on the board at 6?

Boomer
04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Boomer what in your mind are the odds of us getting Quinn? Who do you think is the most likely trade partner? The skins want more picks. Will he still be on the board at 6?

If Johnson goes 1, I'd say 60%.

If Russell goes 1, I'd say 5%.

I think Arizona and the Skins are the two most likely trade partners. But don't rule out Tampa. If Quinn gets past the Bucs, I'd say 80% that he's coming to Miami.

nyital571
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Boomer then how did you become a dolphins fan of all things?

miamifire
04-19-2007, 04:59 PM

I think Arizona and the Skins are the two most likely trade partners. But don't rule out Tampa. If Quinn gets past the Bucs, I'd say 80% that he's coming to Miami.

Thanks, just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts. Is it reasonable to expect Joe Staley to be there for us in round 2? (by the way, how old is your new baby? My daughter will be 6 months April 20th. She is Daddy's little Dol-fan).

Fingers
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Interesting. If Quinn, Landry, Johnson, Russell, Thomas & Peterson are all gone by the time Miami picks, who do you think we take? I know this may not be popular, but I believe the Phins take Willis. I think they will consider him along with Staley and Carriker. Your thoughts Boomer...

Boomer
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Boomer then how did you become a dolphins fan of all things?

I saw Dan Marino on a programme called Wide World of Sports in his rookie year. That was it. I was hooked. Have been ever since.

Boomer
04-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Interesting. If Quinn, Landry, Johnson, Russell, Thomas & Peterson are all gone by the time Miami picks, who do you think we take? I know this may not be popular, but I believe the Phins take Willis. I think they will consider him along with Staley and Carriker. Your thoughts Boomer...

Fingers, I think it'll be Staley or Ginn, if it's not Brady.

Fingers
04-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Fingers, I think it'll be Staley or Ginn, if it's not Brady.

Boomer,

I am not sure if Ginn is a consideration at #9 in light of his bowl game injury. Although it easier said than done, I tend to think Miami would trade down a few spots if they truly are targeting Ginn. He is explosive and would be a game changing type of player.

As for Staley, do you think he would start straight away? I understand he is extremely athelitic but apparently lacks polish.

As I said, in the end, I think Mueller takes the highest rated player. I think that will be Willis at #9. For too many years the Dolphins have drafted for need and it has really impacted the overall talent on this team.

Boomer
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Boomer,

I am not sure if Ginn is a consideration at #9 in light of his bowl game injury. Although it easier said than done, I tend to think Miami would trade down a few spots if they truly are targeting Ginn. He is explosive and would be a game changing type of player.

Ginn could go to the 49ers a couple of picks later. I wouldn't worry about that injury. It will take some time, but long term, it'll be fine.

As for Staley, do you think he would start straight away? I understand he is extremely athelitic but apparently lacks polish.

I think the only way Miami draft him is if they think he can start from day 1. He has polish, it's just the small school thing.

As I said, in the end, I think Mueller takes the highest rated player. I think that will be Willis at #9. For too many years the Dolphins have drafted for need and it has really impacted the overall talent on this team.

I'm of the school of thinking that I find it hard to justify taking Willis because he's essentially going to sit for 2 seasons until Zach retires. If you play him at WLB, then you're sitting one of our good youngsters, Channing Crowder, so it's addition by subtraction.

J Tes
04-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Why only 5%? I agree that CJ going first improves Miami's chances at getting Quinn but I don't why it would be so unlikely if not. If Oakland is to take Russell first I could easily see the rest unfold like this.
1st- Oakland- Russell
2nd- T.B. (trade up)- CJ
3rd- Cleveland- Peterson
4th- Detroit- Adams
5th- Arizona- Thomas
6th Washington- Okoye or Carricker
7th- Minnesota- Landry
8th-Atlanta- Willis
9th Miami - Quinn
Washington at 6 is the pick I'm most hung up on. They need D-Line help bad and either Okoye or Carricker would fill a big need for them. I actually will be suprised if they make the 6th pick come the 28th. They need to trade down and could still probably get either at 9. I see Miami moving up to 6 and taking Quinn. So it would go 1-Russell 2- CJ 3- Peterson 4- Adams 5- Thomas 6- Quinn. You dont think it falling this way is likely?

Roman529
04-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Hopefully either Quinn, Thomas, or Laron Landry will drop to us. :)