PDA

View Full Version : Just beat Gears of War

SpurzN703
04-22-2007, 07:42 PM
And yes it was on the 'Casual' level. I don't see any way in hell I can play this game on the 'Insane' level.

I loved the game. Took me this weekend to beat it. This and 'Saints Row' are my favorite games for the 360 so far.

I guess it's onto more NBA 2K7 and either 'Condemned' or the other one you fellas were talking about. The scurry one :D

Boston
04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I beat it a while ago, been playing online. Decided to start a Hardcore lvl, and it's tough but so much fun.

HALO3, GTA4, NCAA08, MADDEN08 **** so many games to come.

Cool Calm Mike
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't know how far I am, but exploding wretches are getting on my nerves. I am playing on the hardcore level. I didn't even bother with casual.

Boston
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
you're on the 2nd or 3rd act i believe.

Majpain
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I beat it a while ago, been playing online. Decided to start a Hardcore lvl, and it's tough but so much fun.

HALO3, GTA4, NCAA08, MADDEN08 **** so many games to come.

Mass effect, Too Human, Bio Shock and Overload-Minions just to name a few.

Gears really isnt the best SP game but the MP is great if you dont run into glitchers.

If you beat the game on Hardcore you get both Casual and Hardcore achievments.

Best way to kill wretches is the meele.

SpurzN703
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't know how far I am, but exploding wretches are getting on my nerves. I am playing on the hardcore level. I didn't even bother with casual.

Me either man. I can't stand those GD things
:goof:

mor911
04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Saints Row is great... The only GTA clone that's better than GTA.

SpurzN703
04-23-2007, 10:56 AM

When's GTA come out bro?

mor911
04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
September 16th. I'll definitly be getting that on day 1.

FinsNCanes
04-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Gears really isn't that hard. I started on Hardcore and I'm at the part with the vehicle and the bats and **** flying around. This and the part where you have to blow up the 4 emergence holes I found were the only real tough parts.

DENVERDOLFAN
04-23-2007, 01:47 PM

I've been playing Saints Row a lot this last week. I really like GTA, but I'm tempted to agree with you.

SpurzN703
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Hot damn I'll be in line too. :)

SpurzN703
04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Gears really isn't that hard. I started on Hardcore and I'm at the part with the vehicle and the bats and **** flying around. This and the part where you have to blow up the 4 emergence holes I found were the only real tough parts.

Some parts were a little time consuming but I kept at it and had fun. That's all I need in my video games. I don't try to be the best gamer in the world

Boston
04-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Saints rows better than gta because it's next gen. GTAIV will blow saints row out of the water.

Agent51
04-23-2007, 07:45 PM
And yes it was on the 'Casual' level. I don't see any way in hell I can play this game on the 'Insane' level.

I loved the game. Took me this weekend to beat it. This and 'Saints Row' are my favorite games for the 360 so far.

I guess it's onto more NBA 2K7 and either 'Condemned' or the other one you fellas were talking about. The scurry one :D

Condemned: Criminal Origins IS the scary one :up:

F.E.A.R. is the other one from that "which is scarier" thread, though to me it just seemed like every other Sci-Fi-esq FPS, you are a secret force shooting monsters/aliens/weird stuff. I didn't really find it scary in terms of story or anything (but admittedly didn't play the entire game), but there were a few parts where someone would jump from around a corner and you jump because you aren't expecting it, that was the extent of the "scary" for me.

DENVERDOLFAN
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Saints rows better than gta because it's next gen. GTAIV will blow saints row out of the water.

That would be an unbelievable game if so. By the way, this won't make SpurzN703 happy, but doesn't Insurance Fraud in Saints Row remind you of Ginobli flopping all over the court?

Motion
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM

:shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

GTA: IV comes out October 16th!

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

SpurzN703
04-24-2007, 03:19 PM
That would be an unbelievable game if so. By the way, this won't make SpurzN703 happy, but doesn't Insurance Fraud in Saints Row remind you of Ginobli flopping all over the court?

Gino can do whatever he wants so long as he helps my team win. Way to single him out like he's the only player ever to flop :)

SpurzN703
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Condemned: Criminal Origins IS the scary one :up:

F.E.A.R. is the other one from that "which is scarier" thread, though to me it just seemed like every other Sci-Fi-esq FPS, you are a secret force shooting monsters/aliens/weird stuff. I didn't really find it scary in terms of story or anything (but admittedly didn't play the entire game), but there were a few parts where someone would jump from around a corner and you jump because you aren't expecting it, that was the extent of the "scary" for me.

Which would you recommend to play first? I'm looking for something similiar to GOW

DENVERDOLFAN
04-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Gino can do whatever he wants so long as he helps my team win. Way to single him out like he's the only player ever to flop :)

No, don't get me wrong. He certainly isn't the only one. He has however made it into an art form. And you're right he does help them win. I just get a funny visual of the Saints Row charachter in a number 20 Spurs jersey flying through the air. Sorry.